DarrinS
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Metallica= the lamest band in the history of rock

Definitely one-hit wonders. :rolleyes

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Well, I guess a Cleveland fan would know... :rolleyes

Ok, I'll bite. Who's the best Heavy Metal band?

Xolotl
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM

That's just a statement of either ignorance or stupidity

Xolotl
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM

He's gonna say Jethro Tull...just watch

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 09:37 AM
He's gonna say Jethro Tull...just watch

Well, they won a Grammy for it... :bang

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 09:37 AM

http://www.auburnrecords.com/destructor2003.jpg

DarrinS
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM

He's probably going to say this

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/s76003.jpg

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM
my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, Radiohead and Deftones

Pearl Jam= better musicains than Met., more albums, more creativity
Radiohead= best band of our generation creativity wise
Deftones= out rock Metallica x1000

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
LMFAO @ Metallica as "metal" ahahahahaha :spin

ElNono
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I would go for AC/DC, but Metallica had a few good albums too.

So many great AC/DC songs we could be using for the Spurs intro: Back in Black, Thunderstruck, Hells Bells... and we're still with that stupid Y'all ready for this?

The shame...

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I agree AC/DC is better than Metallica, and they don't stick around so everyone can see how washed up they are, or put out horrible albums they think they are sweet (Some Kind of Monster)

Xolotl
06-06-2007, 09:43 AM

I can't disagree with any of those, I'm not that big into Pearl Jam, hell I'm not some huge Metallica fan either. But, you can't just say that they're lame b/c then it just sounds like you're hating. If you wanna say overrated I'll listen to that argument.

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 09:43 AM
I would go for AC/DC, but Metallica had a few good albums too.

So many great AC/DC songs we could be using for the Spurs intro: Back in Black, Thunderstruck, Hells Bells... and we're still with that stupid Y'all ready for this?

The shame...

Especially since San Antonio is the Heavy Metal capital of the world...

Sorry, Cleveland. We rock more than you.

ThunderDan, you can't judge Metallica by their new shit. Their old stuff is the best.

And you really can't compare Pearl Jam to Metallica. Two totally different genres.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Dan I am a fan of the bands you named.....but they are all in different classifications. You can't compare the 3. Also Deftones OPENED for metallica and Summer Sanitarium 2. Deftones are from a different era so they can be compared. Creativity or not Metallica paved the way for all other Metal Bands....yeah they might not be metal for what metal is now, but at that time they were a Thrash metal band. Stop being so Ignorant.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I can't disagree with any of those, I'm not that big into Pearl Jam, hell I'm not some huge Metallica fan either. But, you can't just say that they're lame b/c then it just sounds like you're hating. If you wanna say overrated I'll listen to that argument.

I like ...and Justice for All and The Balck album, but everything they have done since has fell anywhere between shit and decent. So I don't dislike their "sound", they just have never done anything to better themselves as a band. They just cater to the Nickelback/Kid Rock fanbase that doesnt give 2 shits about anything in their music

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 09:49 AM
I like ...and Justice for All and The Balck album, but everything they have done since has fell anywhere between shit and decent. So I don't dislike their "sound", they just have never done anything to better themselves as a band. They just cater to the Nickelback/Kid Rock fanbase that doesnt give 2 shits about anything in their music

So because you like 2 of thier albums you are giving in to what you say "the lamest band in the history of rock" hahah make up your mind man.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 09:53 AM
So because you like 2 of thier albums you are giving in to what you say "the lamest band in the history of rock" hahah make up your mind man.

they are lame becuase they have never done anything to push their brand of music. Look at the differences between 'Kill 'em All' and the Black Album, but then they settled. They knew they settled then this last album, they tired to be "groundbreaking" again, and failed greatly. To me that is lame, to settle rather than to be a true artist.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Load and ReLoad are in the dictonary next to cookie-cutter forced rock albums, where Some Kind of Monster is next to Shit Rock albums (between every Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit Kid Rock and Nickelback album)

Xolotl
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
they are lame becuase they have never done anything to push their brand of music. Look at the differences between 'Kill 'em All' and the Black Album, but then they settled. They knew they settled then this last album, they tired to be "groundbreaking" again, and failed greatly. To me that is lame, to settle rather than to be a true artist.

I have to disagree with that too, as every artist gets older their music changes. I mean damn look at how different Aerosmith is today from the 70s, would you say that they're lame too because they didn't stick to what they began with? I will agree that their latest albums have been really weak. I've been noticing alot of old shit on their new albums, for example isn't Garage Inc just old songs that they redid?

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
But yet they will make more money than all 3 of your pro teams are worth. Plus if they played in Cleveland....im sure they would sell out and im sure YOU would go.

Cleveland pro teams (ALL 3 of them) = 2 Championships

SPURS ALONE = 3

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 10:03 AM
STFU Cavs fan...Metallica is great...Maybe not your style of music but great none the less. I'm sorry not everything can be as cool as "Cleveland Rocks". Go step in front of a bus please.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I have to disagree with that too, as every artist gets older their music changes. I mean damn look at how different Aerosmith is today from the 70s, would you say that they're lame too because they didn't stick to what they began with? I will agree that their latest albums have been really weak. I've been noticing alot of old shit on their new albums, for example isn't Garage Inc just old songs that they redid?

Yeah it is.......plus we cant have 1,000 Iron Maidens out there that have NEVER changed. I give Metallica props....although thier new stuff may SUCK to the old school fans.......they draw in new fans with thier changing styles. That is smart business. Meanwhile bands like Iron Maiden only sell to the old fans...Makes sense doesnt it.

Xolotl
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
STFU Cavs fan...Metallica is great...Maybe not your style of music but great none the less. I'm sorry not everything can be as cool as "Cleveland Rocks". Go step in front of a bus please.

That's not cool man, he made a statement and we've been having a discussion just to see why he stands where he does and you gotta bring that weak shit in here. Why don't you read and see why he feels like he does, hell you might even agree with some of his reasons.

But, don't go overboard trying to slam a person just b/c they seem to think different then you do. Damn wheres the love lol

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I like those two, along with Master of Puppets.

If you haven't heard Master, I suggest you give it a listen. You might like it (or not...)

Ride the Lightning and Kill 'em All are great as well.

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
That's not cool man, he made a statement and we've been having a discussion just to see why he stands where he does and you gotta bring that weak shit in here. Why don't you read and see why he feels like he does, hell you might even agree with some of his reasons.

But, don't go overboard trying to slam a person just b/c they seem to think different then you do. Damn wheres the love lol

I read the whole thread. He's the one that called them lame and compared them to 3 bands in completely different generes. If you like those generes it doesn't mean you will automatically like Metallica. My point was exactly what you said, only he is slamming the band. They are one of the greatest bands of recent history. I personally like all of their albums with the exception of Load and Reload.

Ok don't step in front of the bus. Just let it graze you.

SA210
06-06-2007, 10:16 AM
WHAT!!??? :lmao

End of thread

Xolotl
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I read the whole thread. He's the one that called them lame and compared them to 3 bands in completely different generes. If you like those generes it doesn't mean you will automatically like Metallica. My point was exactly what you said, only he is slamming the band. They are one of the greatest bands of recent history. I personally like all of their albums with the exception of Load and Reload.

Ok don't step in front of the bus. Just let it graze you.

LOL thank you FreeMad that's very big of you to change youre statement. But as somebody else said Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning were 2 other of their great albums. I can't believe I didn't notice he didn't mention those 2

Im getting verklempt
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM

Radiohead is the best fucking band of our time. This is sooo worth my second post.
:smokin

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 10:19 AM
LOL thank you FreeMad that's very big of you to change youre statement. But as somebody else said Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning were 2 other of their great albums. I can't believe I didn't notice he didn't mention those 2

See...I mean who can like "some" Metallica and not like the ENTIRE Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning cd's :smokin

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:20 AM

Yeah I was a little shocked myself......but hey maybe he didnt like those 2, although if he liked Justice and wouldn't see why not.

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2007, 10:20 AM
i like everything. Except for Load. I think AC/DC is better than Metallica. I giv e Metallica props for changing and evolving and not being afriad to put pout somethign new and differnt form what they put out when I was 6.
Iron Maiden is incredibly good at what they do, but are a one-trick pony in my book. I <3 them... but it;s fast becomign ancient.
Megadeath is my ultimate.
I would never own a Nickelback album, but I'll listen to them on the radio.
I would never compare the Deftones to Metallica. But i would compare Cracker to Metallica.
I think Aerosmith is legendary. Yep, I said it.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Radiohead is the best fucking band of our time. This is sooo worth my second post.
:smokin

I lovvvveeee radiohead......but im just trying to say they can't be compared to Metallica.......2 WAYYYY different music styles.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 10:23 AM
But yet they will make more money than all 3 of your pro teams are worth. Plus if they played in Cleveland....im sure they would sell out and im sure YOU would go.

Cleveland pro teams (ALL 3 of them) = 2 Championships

SPURS ALONE = 3

I wouldn't go to another (I've been to one) Metallica concert since I will have to endure one or many of the following:

-absurd ticket prices paying close to $100 to see the fossils of a band that was no better than decent in the early 90's. The same band that sued their fans

- James Hetfield somewhere between 5-1000 times he will say "you guys fucking rock man" all the while acting so out of breath you can hardly make out what he is saying

- The Crowd - rebel flag waivin, Metallica T-Shirt wearing, drunk rednecks that swear Nickelback is the next Metallica. They also swear James Hetfield is "deep" with his lyrics

- The Opening Band- as if sitting through a Metallica concert wasn't hard enough. They actually challenge you to leave the show before their set starts by giving you one or sometimes even two of the most shit bands ever. This list will include names like Staind and Kid Rock. (the one exception to this is the Deftones, who somehow got a half hour set on a day long concert bill, only to be followed by Limp Bizkit)

- the Show itself what does cliche pyros, men all dressed to a theme, New Material "you guys are going to love" and new members you can't remember when they even joined have in common? All 3 are all found in both Metallica and Kiss concerts.

With that said, Kirk Hammet is a good axeman. He has very lively fingers and can shed with the best of them. James sucks, in both lyrics, and guitar. And Lars is a classic example of "when your famous you must be good"

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
i like everything. Except for Load. I think AC/DC is better than Metallica. I giv e Metallica props for changing and evolving and not being afriad to put pout somethign new and differnt form what they put out when I was 6.
Iron Maiden is incredibly good at what they do, but are a one-trick pony in my book. I <3 them... but it;s fast becomign ancient.
Megadeath is my ultimate.
I would never own a Nickelback album, but I'll listen to them on the radio.
I would never compare the Deftones to Metallica. But i would compare Cracker to Metallica.
I think Aerosmith is legendary. Yep, I said it.

well your entitled to you opinion but AC/DC hahaha no way are they even close. Thats just what I think anyways. Cracker.......what else other than that low song have they done?

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2007, 10:26 AM
well your entitled to you opinion but AC/DC hahaha no way are they even close. Thats just what I think anyways. Cracker.......what else other than that low song have they done?

:lol nothing popular. I don;t think thye would win the comparison, but as far as 'rocking out' or rocking hard.. it;s a good match up. I saw cracker in person back in .... 96? 95?.. anyway I was blown away. Maybe because it was small venue. But they sold themselves well that night. For those 2 hours I was the biggest Crackerhead ever. :drunk

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't go to another (I've been to one) Metallica concert since I will have to endure one or many of the following:

-absurd ticket prices paying close to $100 to see the fossils of a band that was no better than decent in the early 90's. The same band that sued their fans

- James Hetfield somewhere between 5-1000 times he will say "you guys fucking rock man" all the while acting so out of breath you can hardly make out what he is saying

- The Crowd - rebel flag waivin, Metallica T-Shirt wearing, drunk rednecks that swear Nickelback is the next Metallica. They also swear James Hetfield is "deep" with his lyrics

- The Opening Band- as if sitting through a Metallica concert wasn't hard enough. They actually challenge you to leave the show before their set starts by giving you one or sometimes even two of the most shit bands ever. This list will include names like Staind and Kid Rock. (the one exception to this is the Deftones, who somehow got a half hour set on a day long concert bill, only to be followed by Limp Bizkit)

- the Show itself what does cliche pyros, men all dressed to a theme, New Material "you guys are going to love" and new members you can't remember when they even joined have in common? All 3 are all found in both Metallica and Kiss concerts.

With that said, Kirk Hammet is a good axeman. He has very lively fingers and can shed with the best of them. James sucks, in both lyrics, and guitar. And Lars is a classic example of "when your famous you must be good"

Oh no you didnt just put Kiss and metallica in the same sentence.......how dare you ;), we were cool now you just pissed me off hahahaha. I understand what your saying, but its a ROCK show man do you want them to do a acoustic set all night?

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM

Euro Trash Girl
Get Off of This
Teen Angusit (i forget the actual name)

I saw them in April in Breckenridge,CO for free at some shitty bar for 4 dollars. Tells you where they went

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
:lol nothing popular. I don;t think thye would win the comparison, but as far as 'rocking out' or rocking hard.. it;s a good match up. I saw cracker in person back in .... 96? 95?.. anyway I was blown away. Maybe because it was small venue. But they sold themselves well that night. For those 2 hours I was the biggest Crackerhead ever. :drunk

:lmao

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Euro Trash Girl
Get Off of This
Teen Angusit (i forget the actual name)

I saw them in April in Breckenridge,CO for free at some shitty bar for 4 dollars. Tells you where they went

Free for 4 dollars...wtf

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Awww small venue shows are the best. I saw Papa Roach (I was bored ok hahaha) in a small venue and it was soo much fun, although they werent very good. Never thought I would mosh to them. I saw the Deftones in that same Venue.......OMG worst pit ever.....well 2nd worst. The whole venue was a big mosh pit.... you were only safe at the beer line.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Free for 4 dollars...wtf

hahah YEAH WTF for free for 4 dollars hahahaha you can stop talking now Thunder Dan ;) j/k

Im getting verklempt
06-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I lovvvveeee radiohead......but im just trying to say they can't be compared to Metallica.......2 WAYYYY different music styles.

Oh I agree. Metallica kicks ass too! I just saw "Radiohead" and immediately had to post. I saw them at the Bonnaroo music festival last year... blew my mind.

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I take it back...PLEASE step in front of the bus!!!!

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
It was for 4 bucks for me, I guess while I wrote that I was thinking to myself "I should never of paid 4 Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers for that show, it should have been free"

And for you guys that don't read my posts my stance is simple, and firm on Metallica: They went their early career paving the way and being inovative in their genre of music. Then when they changed, to a cookie cutter rock band. When that failed (after Reload) they didn't have song of their own, so they did Garage Inc. then they tried to be groundbreaking again by releasing a pile of old songs, mixed with the (wait this is totally groundbreaking so you better sit down) San Fran Symphony, then they commericalized the making of a shit record, and hyped everyone enough to think this record even deserved the plastic it was made on (which it didn't) That is why they are "lame" in my book. They were groundbreaking, settled to make money, then failed, then tried cashing in again in a different way and failed again. If your going to rock, then rock, but don't act like your music is any better than the garbage on the radio nowadays.

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
That is why they are "lame" in my book. They were groundbreaking, settled to make money, then failed, then tried cashing in again in a different way and failed again.

I don't think they "failed". They are considered one of the most successful bands ever.

It's not easy to make hit records... I don't care for the new stuff, but then again, I'm old. To me, you just need one classic record to "not suck."

Metallica has at least has 4 classic records.

To call them "lame", is to call all their work lame.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't think they "failed". They are considered one of the most successful bands ever.

It's not easy to make hit records... I don't care for the new stuff, but then again, I'm old. To me, you just need one classic record to "not suck."

Nicely put.

FreeMad Dan
06-06-2007, 11:09 AM

:clap My point exactly!!!...thanks

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 11:10 AM

I agree that Metallica sucks. Probably the most overrated metal band around.

Radiohead is fucking lame as hell though. Never cared much for those dipshits. Too damn boring:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your-band-sucks/radiohead-sucks.php

Spastic Ink's from SA and they're a hell of a lot more talented and creative than Radiohead will ever be.

If I wanted to listen to something that "outrocks" Metallica I wouldn't bother with pop-fluff like Deftones. Coroner, Kreator, Or Death will do just fine.

I kinda like Pearl Jam so I won't say shit about them.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Here is my thoughts in a timeline off the top of my head (I might have them out of order)

Kill 'em All - raw, all out in your face rock..good shit

Master Of.- Great album, their best song in my opinion is on it (Sanitarium)

Ride The...- good album, you can sense a softer side..sorta but still agressive

... And Justice- Blackened has one of the best guitair solos in rock, still a good album, and you can see them going mainstream

Black- great album. able to make hard rock mainstream

---grunge era begins, nobody finds Metallica relavent anymore--

Load- songs written quickly for the era after grunge with one purpose..be played on radio

ReLoad- the garbage that didn't make it onto Load..actually has a sequal to a previous song that was a hit

-They need to make money (b/c they are money hungry) and have no songs era---

Garage INC- since we don't have any songs, lets use other's songs and our brand name

S&M- a greatest hits, sort of, which should have signified their death

-era in which they go from sorta lame to all out lame-

- Some Kind of Monster (Movie)- lets make a movie about how deep we are, and about how much work goes into making a groudbreaking record, this way we can strap our fans for every penny we can.

-Some Kind of Monster- this really needs no explination, but I will becuase I am now on lunchbreak. This forced album wants to show that Metallica still can rock. Between the videos shot at prisons to the songs that are so in your face its laughable, its hard for someone to decifer what is real and whats not, but one thing that is real is this album blows, hard, and often.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree that Metallica sucks. Probably the most overrated metal band around.

Radiohead is fucking lame as hell though. Never cared much for those dipshits. Too damn boring:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your-band-sucks/radiohead-sucks.php

Spastic Ink's from SA and they're a hell of a lot more talented and creative than Radiohead will ever be.

If I wanted to listen to something that "outrocks" Metallica I wouldn't bother with pop-fluff like Deftones. Coroner, Kreator, Or Death will do just fine.

I kinda like Pearl Jam so I won't say shit about them.

I almost stopped reading your post during the "Radiohead is lame" comment. Not that everyone needs to like them, but people should appriciate them for what they do creative wise. But my like for the Deftones isn't beacuse they are harder than ________ its becuase I like what they do, they push themselves, and really, they have a niche in the genre nobody else has.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Here is my thoughts in a timeline off the top of my head (I might have them out of order)

Kill 'em All - raw, all out in your face rock..good shit

Master Of.- Great album, their best song in my opinion is on it (Sanitarium)

Ride The...- good album, you can sense a softer side..sorta but still agressive

... And Justice- Blackened has one of the best guitair solos in rock, still a good album, and you can see them going mainstream

Black- great album. able to make hard rock mainstream

---grunge era begins, nobody finds Metallica relavent anymore--

Load- songs written quickly for the era after grunge with one purpose..be played on radio

ReLoad- the garbage that didn't make it onto Load..actually has a sequal to a previous song that was a hit

-They need to make money (b/c they are money hungry) and have no songs era---

Garage INC- since we don't have any songs, lets use other's songs and our brand name

S&M- a greatest hits, sort of, which should have signified their death

-era in which they go from sorta lame to all out lame-

- Some Kind of Monster (Movie)- lets make a movie about how deep we are, and about how much work goes into making a groudbreaking record, this way we can strap our fans for every penny we can.

-Some Kind of Monster- this really needs no explination, but I will becuase I am now on lunchbreak. This forced album wants to show that Metallica still can rock. Between the videos shot at prisons to the songs that are so in your face its laughable, its hard for someone to decifer what is real and whats not, but one thing that is real is this album blows, hard, and often.

I give you a A+ for you passion on this topic......maybe if you said they are LAME now but were a great rock band we would be a little forgiving :)....just an idea.

IM NOT DIRTY
06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
KING NOTHING LYRICS

Wish I may
Wish I might
Have this I wish tonight
Are you satisfied?
Dig for gold
Dig for fame
You dig to make your name
Are you pacified?

All the wants you waste
All the things you've chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

Just want one more thing
Just to play the king
But the castle's crumbled
And you're left with just a name

Where's your crown King Nothing?
Where's your crown?

Hot and cold
Bought and sold
A heart as hard as gold
Yeah! Are you satisfied?

Wish I might
Wish I may
You wish your life away
Are you pacified?

All the wants you waste
All the things you've chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown

Just want one more thing
Just to play the king

Where's your crown?

Huh!

(Spoken)
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight
I want that star
I want it now
I want it all and I don't care how

Careful what you wish
Careful what you say
Careful what you wish
You may regret it
Careful what you wish
You just might get it

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown

Just want one more thing
Just to play the king

Nothing

No you're just nothing
No you're just nothing
Absolutely nothing

Off to never never land

First off, to say lebron is nothing makes you pretty damn dumb.

Second he is only 22, this will not be his last time in the finals.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 11:22 AM
I just don't like how they have tried cashing in on their fans since the Black album, thats why I call them lame. I could have said they "sucked" but I didn't becuase their early stuff is good. They don't really suck, only becuase of previous work, but why I call them lame is becuase they feel their newer stuff is still relevent, and can't be told otherwise.

The exact opposite of this is the Stones. They know their new stuff doesn't hold a candle to their old stuff. They only make new records becuase a) record contracts tell them they have to b)nothing else to do c)they just like making music. However, they don't even promote their new albums much at all, and when the tour they know nobody wants to hear that shit. They don't act as if their fans are wrong for not getting into their new stuff when its the old shit thats the money maker.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
First off, to say lebron is nothing makes you pretty damn dumb.

Second he is only 22, this will not be his last time in the finals.

He HASN'T done anything yet.......As far as making the finals...that means dick without winning one....Ask Malone!! He wont be winning anything on his own....Jordan had Pippen........Kobe had Shaq....Labron has SHIT!!

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
He HASN'T done anything yet.......As far as making the finals...that means dick without winning one....Ask Malone!! He wont be winning anything on his own....Jordan had Pippen........Kobe had Shaq....Labron has SHIT!!

is it a bigger accomplishment at 22 to (a)make it to the finals without any real support, or (b)to win a championship with a championship calibur team.

Magic did B, Michael did neither. I understand Spurs fans not liking Lebron b/c of the people who boast about him nonstop, but you have to admit, what he has done this far is pretty amazing given his experience and team around him

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I almost stopped reading your post during the "Radiohead is lame" comment. Not that everyone needs to like them, but people should appriciate them for what they do creative wise. But my like for the Deftones isn't beacuse they are harder than ________ its becuase I like what they do, they push themselves, and really, they have a niche in the genre nobody else has.

Why the hell should I appreciate a band that plays boring fucking music? Radiohead fanboys are possibly some of the most annoying on the internet. God forbid you say something negative about them cause supposedly Radiohead=god.

metal blows
06-06-2007, 12:07 PM
i'm sorry but i'm just going to say that arguing about who is the best metal band is like arguing about who's shit smells the best. Its all arbitrary because metal bands are the retarded step-children of rock and roll.

oh yeah, go cavs

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
i'm sorry but i'm just going to say that arguing about who is the best metal band is like arguing about who's shit smells the best. Its all arbitrary because metal bands are the retarded step-children of rock and roll.

oh yeah, go cavs

I agree with you. I read Klosterman's 'Fargo Rock City' and it pained me to see someone try to make Metal seem like more than it is. However, this thread isn't to say what metal band is better. And, according to the book I mentioned, Metallica is flasley labled as metal, when it is nothing more than Hard Rock

Im getting verklempt
06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Radiohead = god

O-Factor
06-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Dan I am a fan of the bands you named.....but they are all in different classifications. You can't compare the 3. Also Deftones OPENED for metallica and Summer Sanitarium 2. Deftones are from a different era so they can be compared. Creativity or not Metallica paved the way for all other Metal Bands....yeah they might not be metal for what metal is now, but at that time they were a Thrash metal band. Stop being so Ignorant.

Word

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Muse is ftw. keke

-Mars