PDA

View Full Version : KEVIN DURANT...............Is he all that??? Fails to impress at Draft Camp

lebomb
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
:depressed

Kevin Durant fails to impress in Orlando
Kevin Durant - F - CLG - Jun. 6 - 10:38 am et

Kevin Durant's performance at the Orlando Predraft Camp was not very good, as he was the only player tested who could not bench press 185 pounds and ranked 78th out of 80 players in overall performance.
The opposite was true of Greg Oden, whose numbers and performance were incredible. While it's not likely that last week's disappointment will result in Durant dropping out of the Top 2 in the NBA Draft, there's little chance Portland is even still considering him with the No. 1 pick at this point. Jun. 6 - 10:38 am et

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
WTF cares if he can not bench 185? He is going to be able to buy a Gold's Gym in a year with his $40 million/yr contracts....he can hire someone to lift the 185 for him.

6'10" and with a killer jumpshot, and hops......nuff said.

lebomb
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
and hops......nuff said.

Did the NBA slap "Buyer Beware" stickers on Kevin Durant and other draft prospects when it distributed results from last week's predraft camp to teams Monday?

The Seattle Times gained a complete copy of the confidential report, and the Texas forward was one of several players projected in the lottery who had less-than-impressive workouts.

Durant, who will likely be chosen No. 2 in the June 28 draft by the Sonics, was the only player who could not bench press 185 pounds at least once. His overall performance ranked 78th out of 80 prospects, and his lackluster workout appears to have widened the gap between him and Ohio State center Greg Oden, who had an impressive combine.

Durant measured 6 feet 9 without shoes and 6-10 ¼ with shoes. He weighed 215 pounds and had a 7-4 ¾ wingspan, second widest among prospects and a half-inch wider than Oden's. Durant, however, fell short in nearly every other statistical category to the 7-foot center, who is expected to be chosen No. 1 by Portland.

Oden had a better vertical jump (34 inches to 33 ½) and he ran faster in an agility drill (11.67 seconds to 12.33) and a three-quarter-court sprint (3.27 seconds to 3.45).

The Sonics, however, are not dissuaded by Durant's workout. According to one front-office official, center Robert Swift also struggled with the bench-press test before the draft, and three years later he's the strongest player on the team.

Other notable combine performances include: Washington's Spencer Hawes, whose 13.0 body-fat percentage was the second highest among prospects. He ranked 72nd overall, measured 6-10 ½ without shoes and bench pressed 185 pounds nine times, which tied for the fourth-worst among post players. Hawes' vertical leap was 29 inches and his sprint was 3.51 seconds, the fourth-slowest at his position.

Eastern Washington guard Rodney Stuckey improved his draft standing with a strong performance. The product of Kentwood High School in Covington ranked 10th overall and had the second-fastest sprint at 3.11 seconds.

Oregon guard Aaron Brooks is arguably the fittest player in the draft. The former Franklin star had a camp-low 2.7 body-fat percentage, the second-fastest agility drill at 10.57 seconds and ranked 14th overall. Former Garfield standout Marcelus Kemp, who might return to Nevada, ranked 68th at the camp.

Former Roosevelt star Marcus Williams, who left Arizona after two years, wasn't at the camp.

Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or [email protected]

BeerIsGood!
06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
If Oden develops a fundamental game on both ends of the court he's going to be a monster... IF he has the winners mentality. If he has Kwame Brown's mentality and emotional toughness he'll be mediocre.

Durant doesn't want to bulk up much, his strength isn't post play. He'll be fine if he has the winners mentality as well.

johngateswhiteley
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
If Oden develops a fundamental game on both ends of the court he's going to be a monster... IF he has the winners mentality. If he has Kwame Brown's mentality and emotional toughness he'll be mediocre.

Durant doesn't want to bulk up much, his strength isn't post play. He'll be fine if he has the winners mentality as well.

Oden was faster and quicker, now thats funny.

Brutalis
06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I think everyone knows Durant is a Joe Johnson entering the NBA cept JJ had no exposure.

RonMexico
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I think everyone knows Durant is a Joe Johnson entering the NBA cept JJ had no exposure.

Homerism at it's best... Joe Johnson was only a lottery pick after his sophomore year in the Ozarks.... and now he has a max. deal with the Hawks.

So the only difference is that Durant will get a bigger rookie contract and "exposure" and probably a nice deal from Nike?

TheSanityAnnex
06-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I seriously doubt he couldn't bench 185 pounds.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Homerism at it's best... Joe Johnson was only a lottery pick after his sophomore year in the Ozarks.... and now he has a max. deal with the Hawks.

So the only difference is that Durant will get a bigger rookie contract and "exposure" and probably a nice deal from Nike?

I am pretty sure Brutalis is not a Horns homer. :lol

K-State Spur
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Who cares what he can bench? It's not like his stats from last year suddenly lost all their merit or that his jumper is going to stop going in.

Besides, if he can fool the big 12 coaches that he is a good defender (that all-big 12 defensive selection is still beyond me...), then he can probably fool the scouts that he benched 285.

Brutalis
06-10-2007, 04:04 PM

U R FUNNAY TEHEHHEHE.

My point is Durant plays like Joe. They both were raw and under developed coming into the league.

But I will go on the record and say Durant won't ever be a franchise player like Joe. He has constantly been overrated in the weak Big 12 in which he isn't a tenth of a player Oden is. Not saying Durant isn't good or could be good, but the bottom line is he sucks compared to NBA talent and if he had half a brain he'd stay in school.

RonMexico
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
U R FUNNAY TEHEHHEHE.

My point is Durant plays like Joe. They both were raw and under developed coming into the league.

But I will go on the record and say Durant won't ever be a franchise player like Joe. He has constantly been overrated in the weak Big 12 in which he isn't a tenth of a player Oden is. Not saying Durant isn't good or could be good, but the bottom line is he sucks compared to NBA talent and if he had half a brain he'd stay in school.

And if Joe Johnson had a brain, he would have stayed on a winning team.

RonMexico
06-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I am pretty sure Brutalis is not a Horns homer. :lol

No, he's not... he makes 'Horns homers more tolerable, though with his incredible stupidity.