PDA

View Full Version : no need for concern

srhoonie
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
The spurs are the far superior team in this series just like they have been all playoffs ..The spurs thrive for the quote on quote superstar players such as melo and lebron they eat em up and blantantly rip their hearts out by spitting them to the ground..Cavs are good enough to stir a little trouble for the spurs we'll all give credit and admit that.. but to beat the spurs is a lot easier said than done..spurs in 5

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
The spurs are the far superior team in this series just like they have been all playoffs ..The spurs thrive for the quote on quote superstar players such as melo and lebron they eat em up and blantantly rip their hearts out by spitting them to the ground..Cavs are good enough to stir a little trouble for the spurs we'll all give credit and admit that.. but to beat the spurs is a lot easier said than done..spurs in 5

No offense here, but..

1) It's quote-unquote (not quote on quote)
2) you're writing, just put it in quotes.

BigBeezie
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Spurs in 3. No need to waste time with a whole four games....this should be a five gamer.

duncan228
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Not too concerned, I believe Spurs in 6.

But it is the Finals, anything can happen.
We win the first 2 at home I'll breathe a little easier.

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I won't rest easy until the trophy is in Tim's hands.

Spurs in 6.

Im getting verklempt
06-06-2007, 01:45 PM
quote on quote

Never heard that phrase before
:huh

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I'll be happy after four more wins.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 01:49 PM

LOL... First off, Carmello Anthony couldn't hold Lebron's jockstrap. Secondly, Lebron isn't on one of your soft Western Conference teams that plays no defense. San Antonio hasn't had to work hard offensively all playoffs, none of the teams you guys have faced play a lick of defense.

Finally, the Spurs were not far superior to the Suns, they won the series but they didn't earn it, they didn't deserve it, and they had to play dirty in a fashion that no other team in the league will stoop to. Congratulations on sacrificing your team's integrity as a "class organization".

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I won't rest easy until the trophy is in Tim's hands.

I agree with that.

First off, Carmello Anthony couldn't hold Lebron's jockstrap

and that.

they won the series but they didn't earn it, they didn't deserve it, and they had to play dirty

yea because the Spurs never, ever beat Phoenix when the Suns had all their players.

I thought you "weren't here to talk trash but to talk basketball"

duncan228
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I'll be happy after four more wins.

I'll be with you.

And happy that BWJACKETS and his gang are gone.

Sec24Row7
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Yet again you talk about the East being this huge defensive conference...

Umm...

This isnt the mid 1990's...

The defense is mainly out here in the West...

Leetonidas
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
LOL... First off, Carmello Anthony couldn't hold Lebron's jockstrap. Secondly, Lebron isn't on one of your soft Western Conference teams that plays no defense. San Antonio hasn't had to work hard offensively all playoffs, none of the teams you guys have faced play a lick of defense.

Finally, the Spurs were not far superior to the Suns, they won the series but they didn't earn it, they didn't deserve it, and they had to play dirty in a fashion that no other team in the league will stoop to. Congratulations on sacrificing your team's integrity as a "class organization".
Weren't the top 3 defensive teams in the NBA in Texas?

Idiot.

jaespur21
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
We win the first 2 at home I'll breathe a little easier.

if we win the first two. then ill be lookin for a sweep. :elephant

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 01:59 PM
they had to play dirty in a fashion that no other team in the league will stoop to.

Do you watch basketball? There are many teams that are by far dirtier than the Spurs. If you think other teams wouldn't stoop, you're kind of an idiot.

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 02:02 PM

How about AI - can AI even hold Lebron's strap? How about Amare and Nash? Are they allowed to even touch Lebron's strap?

Surprisingly, the Suns played pretty good D, and the Jazz actually took Tim out of his game a couple of times. I know the Cavs are supposed to be the best defensive team in the NBA, but I have to wonder if your opponet's FG% is low just because of defense, or because of poor opponent's offense. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Please. The Spurs owned the Suns. If the Suns were truly better, they would have won game 6. No excuses.

Besides, do you really want the Cavs to lose to the 2nd best team in the NBA? (Suns, Spurs, Cavs by your logic).

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 02:04 PM

If I hear anymore of this asterick BULLSHIT, I think I might scream. Game 6, Game 6, Game 6.

-Mars

jag
06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Cavs fan = suns fan???

Oh, Gee!!
06-06-2007, 02:43 PM
No offense here, but..

1) It's quote-unquote (not quote on quote)

I think the phrase is actually "quote-end quote."

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I think the phrase is actually "quote-end quote."

Doing a quick search on both you can find reputable sources using both "quote unquote" and "quote endquote", but that's about it.

either way, the original post was way off.

BeerIsGood!
06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I think that saying Melo can't hold Lebron's jockstrap is way off base. Lebron is the better driver and passer, but Melo is a far better shooter and post up player. Melo could post up smaller defenders and shoot with a damn good consistency, and Lebron can't do either of those two well. Lebron's streaky with the shot and can get hot, but his main tools are attacking the basket and passing the ball. Lebron has benefitted from playing in a conference with, until this year, only one power in Detroit. This season he's benefitted from playing the Nets, Wizards, and a weakened Detroit in the playoffs. You put Melo in that conference and the Nuggets team in that conference and they're tearing shit up enroute to the Finals. The Cavs couldn't stop Melo or AI, and their frontline of Nene and Camby could hold their own physically with the Cavs.