PDA

View Full Version : Melo offered to Portland for #1 pick?

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Where the heck do some people get the rumours from :drunk

Draftexpress said it and ESPN apparently mentioned it. Neither team would be dumb enough to do that trade.

and there was some other crap about Wilkins saying he would give up the #2 for Wade. Well duh :dizzy

It isn't even silly season yet and already people are printing things they hear from the local garbage man

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Portland would be getting absolutely robbed in that trade.

CubanMustGo
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Yep. Not even TLong is dumb enough to fall for that one.

I don't think Portland would go for it even if Denver threw in AI.

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 02:22 PM
hahaha I wonder if Denver would trade AI and Melo for that? Wouldnt make sense.

timvp
06-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Neither team would be dumb enough to do that trade.

The Nuggets would take that trade in second. If I'm Portland, I don't trade Oden for two Carmelos.

caŽlo
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
unless their GM is isiah... that aint happenin

Spurminator
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Carmelo a Jailblazer?

It's meant to happen.

dg7md
06-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Oden will bust.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Portland or any team in the top ten would be dumb to do that.

Fillmoe
06-06-2007, 04:02 PM
any team in the top 10? im sure any team after pick 4 would have no problem giving up their lottery pick for melo....... especially teams like the celtics and kings....

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Melo has proven he can ball in this league. The Nuggets would be dumb for trading their franchise player away, especially after he started clicking with AI late in the season (even though AI choked in the playoffs), and Nene started becoming a part of the offense. Nene, Melo & AI will be better next season. Can't waste any more time introducing a rookie to the offense.

Blazers would be dumb for doing it coz it's tough to find a great big man and Oden is going to be one of those. He has more potential than anyone in a long time. Their team is so young and they should keep it that way. Melo isn't old but their future guys are even younger.

And why the heck would 2 teams trade good players within their division? :lol

johngateswhiteley
06-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Melo has proven he can ball in this league. The Nuggets would be dumb for trading their franchise player away, especially after he started clicking with AI late in the season (even though AI choked in the playoffs), and Nene started becoming a part of the offense. Nene, Melo & AI will be better next season. Can't waste any more time introducing a rookie to the offense.

Blazers would be dumb for doing it coz it's tough to find a great big man and Oden is going to be one of those. He has more potential than anyone in a long time. Their team is so young and they should keep it that way. Melo isn't old but their future guys are even younger.

And why the heck would 2 teams trade good players within their division? :lol

not only that, but Melo is already a superstar in this league and as much as i like Oden, he hasn't done shit in the NBA. some of you are nuts. if i was portland, i'd do that trade in a second...

...a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush.

BeerIsGood!
06-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna laugh like crazy if Oden turns out to be a man beast's body with the mental toughness of kwame Brown. If this guy proves to not even be as good as Dwight "Can't get my team to the playoffs in the weak ass east" Howard then I'm gonna f'n laugh my ass off.

bdictjames
06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Oden and Camby sounds nasty. But Portland would still be a playoff team. I guess AI will be happy since he now gets about 3/4 of the possessions of the entire team.

johngateswhiteley
06-07-2007, 05:07 PM
True I would never trade Melo, he almost as unstoppable with the the basketball and he seems to get better every year. Oden hasn't done anything yet. Melo is also only 22 years old!

no kidding, some of these posters need to hit the alarm clock...

mardigan
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Yea, Melo seems to be undervalued in this thread. 22 year olds that average over 28 points a game dont fall off of trees

johngateswhiteley
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Yea, Melo seems to be undervalued in this thread. 22 year olds that average over 28 points a game dont fall off of trees

why are people so stupid? can they not think for themselves? i wouldn't give Melo up for anyone in the league let alone a fucking draft pick...LMFAO. although, i would be tempted to trade for a 31 year old TD or possibly Lebron...though, i doubt i would.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2007, 06:05 PM
There's another rumor floating around that he is now being offered for the #2 pick. I think it's on the website shoogarbear started about the spurs getting pruitt.

ducks
06-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I would offer ai over melo

ducks
06-07-2007, 06:13 PM
http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/1551592.phtml

johngateswhiteley
06-07-2007, 06:27 PM
There's another rumor floating around that he is now being offered for the #2 pick. I think it's on the website shoogarbear started about the spurs getting pruitt.

laughable.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I think the folks in Denver are confused. Isiah is the coach of the Knicks, not the Blazers.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
wth?! No to either pick. Noone in this draft class is worth a proven star

ABDENOUR POWER
06-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Dwight "Can't get my team to the playoffs in the weak ass east" Howard

Uhhh, Orlando made the playoffs this year.

baseline bum
06-07-2007, 10:42 PM
why are people so stupid? can they not think for themselves? i wouldn't give Melo up for anyone in the league let alone a fucking draft pick...LMFAO. although, i would be tempted to trade for a 31 year old TD or possibly Lebron...though, i doubt i would.

Oden's the highest regarded bigman out of HS since Mourning. It's not like we're talking a project like Olowokandi or something. I wouldn't trade Melo for Durant, even if they threw Lewis or Wilcox in, but I'd trade him in a second for Oden.

johngateswhiteley
06-08-2007, 05:14 AM
wth?! No to either pick. Noone in this draft class is worth a proven star

exactly.

johngateswhiteley
06-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Oden's the highest regarded bigman out of HS since Mourning. It's not like we're talking a project like Olowokandi or something. I wouldn't trade Melo for Durant, even if they threw Lewis or Wilcox in, but I'd trade him in a second for Oden.

you're insane.

fijian_cholo
06-08-2007, 12:45 PM
not gonna happen