PDA

View Full Version : If Bowen does what he is capable of doing against Lebron...

SilverPlayer
06-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Is there any way the league can deny him DPOY next year, if he shuts Lebron down in this years finals? For every bad thing said about Bruce, for every intangible he brings to the table, this is the series that can solidify his legacy; It's also his toughest draw ever. Lebron is Bruce's ultimate foil. Kobe used to fill that role, but Lebron is even tougher given his size and strength. Lebron has the strength to overpower him and the passing skills to make the inevitable double team an iffy proposition.

So if Bruce can hold his own, and hold Lebron under his shooting percentage, and if he can do it cleanly; He deserves to be recognized for that accomplishment. He deserves the DPOY. Hell he's deserved it the last three years. And it's time for the league to recognize.

Or better yet, the league ought to create a playoff version of the DPOY, and name it after Bruce.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Or better yet, the league ought to create a playoff version of the DPOY, and name it after Bruce.

Best idea from your post. However, you cannot use his playoff performance this season to determine a reward for next season.

-Mars

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 02:07 PM
No, because voters are lazy and just look at blocks and steals. So basically all perimeter defenders are screwed.

SA210
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Bruce deserved it for the past 4 years. He was robbed and he probably will be robbed forever. I have faith that Bowen will do his job against Lebron, let's just hope people don't forget it.

SilverPlayer
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I guess one of my questions is what does Bruce have to hold Lebron to in order for him to be given the recognition he deserves? What would be a successful series for Bruce?

duncan228
06-06-2007, 02:10 PM
What would be a successful series for Bruce?

Nothing short of a ring I would imagine.

jaespur21
06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
maybe something like keepin bron under 50% fg pct & under 25 pts and 6 assists

jaespur21
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Or if he does get past 30 only a few of those points will be scored in the fourth and the majority of em comin in the previous 3 quarters

TMINUS 29 hrs and 45 minutes and Counting :drunk

SilverPlayer
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Best idea from your post. However, you cannot use his playoff performance this season to determine a reward for next season.

-Mars

In some ways it has happened before, There were years where a player was given MVP for their overall excellence in the years before. Malone had that happen when Jordan was clearly still the unquestioned MVP...

In this case. Lebron is such a high profile draw, that if Bruce is capable of showing the world what he can do against a name like Lebron, that has to mean something.

I'm not even sure he can shut Lebron down, but if he does, that would be his greatest hardest fought accomplishment.

timvp
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
The championship trophy would be reward enough for a job well done.