PDA

View Full Version : Bowen dirties moves

polandprzem
06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
http://therealests.blogspot.com/2007/06/bruce-bowens-dirrtiest-hits.html

:nutkick:

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I wonder why nobody ever notices that Francis jumps forward on his shot?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I hope someone takes a swing at Bowen. That's always a good sign that the other team is thinking anything but basketball. Can anyone figure out what the Spurs record is in the games that someone gets a technical called on them for going after Bowen? I'm guessing it's pretty good.

Fillmoe
06-06-2007, 03:03 PM

:lol.... if you really believe that then explain the jamal crawford one in that same clip...... your boy is dirty!

mavs>spurs2
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Does that explain the drop kick to the face and kick to the back?

Borosai
06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuce!

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 03:06 PM
bruce bowen = best defender ever.

-Mars

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:09 PM
The stigma isn't going away. Nobody will remember the Spurs as any kind of dynasty, but rather a bunch of boring cheaters who hacked, tripped, and connived their way to championships.

Three of them anyway -- the Cavs have got this one wrapped up.

Avitus1
06-06-2007, 03:17 PM

-Mars

Agreed.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Does that explain the drop kick to the face and kick to the back?
No, is it supposed to? Guys land on defenders' feet all the time. Nobody bothers to make a video of it and bitch when it happens to every other player in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
The stigma isn't going away. Nobody will remember the Spurs as any kind of dynasty, but rather a bunch of boring cheaters who hacked, tripped, and connived their way to championships.

Anybody else feel sorry for the Suns fans? This is bordering on pathetic.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Whine whine whine, don't worry, the Suns will get a high draft pick eventually, maybe they'll get lucky and actually make it to the Finals.

:lol :rolleyes :dramaquee :spin :donkey :wakeup :sleep :nope

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

-Mars

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM

-Mars

Not best, dirtiest. The rest of the Spurs team really isnt that bad, however the fact that they consider cheap shots to be a part of the game is something is pretty classless.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Not best, dirtiest. The rest of the Spurs team really isnt that bad, however the fact that they consider cheap shots to be a part of the game is something is pretty classless.

Proof please. I guess I missed it when all the Spurs players said that.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
No, is it supposed to? Guys land on defenders' feet all the time. Nobody bothers to make a video of it and bitch when it happens to every other player in the NBA.

That's because every other player in the NBA isn't a dirty player, just Bruce Bowen.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:28 PM
That's because every other player in the NBA isn't a dirty player, just Bruce Bowen.

Bowen is the only one in the entire league?

Obstructed_View
Okay.

The Great Fantastic
This shit is hilarious. I love the jump kick to wally's head. If Bowen planned that, then he is a genius. I love the fact that people think Bowen is so brilliant that he can see into the future and put his foot exactly where someone is going to land on it and try to injure them. It's great. It makes me laugh. Life is tough at times and right now I could use a good laugh. THANKS the Realests!!!!

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Wait till you see what they try to do once the Cavs go up 2-0. Someone seriously will try to take out LeBron. And they're all in on it. Lunar Face over there on the sideline will send in one of his goons to do it.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Proof please. I guess I missed it when all the Spurs players said that.

They've embraced this kind of behavior by not saying they are against it. Although not all of the Spurs players are dirty, they are all pussying out by resorting to this kind of behavior in order to get a win.

Players landing on Bowen's feet? That is one thing, although I have a hard time believing it happens with Bowen so much more than every other player in the league. Knee shots to the groin are completely another, Bowen should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that. Completely uncalled for.

dmac
06-06-2007, 03:32 PM

You lost, accept it, grow up and act like a man. This is getting REALLY boring.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Bowen is the only one in the entire league?

Nope, he is just by far the dirtiest.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Wait till you see what they try to do once the Cavs go up 2-0. Someone seriously will try to take out LeBron. And they're all in on it. Lunar Face over there on the sideline will send in one of his goons to do it.
Like when the Suns went up 2-0 and then...no.

Like in 2005 when the Suns went up 2-0...no.

Like in 2003 when the Suns went up 1-0...close.

Hmm. What the hell are you talking about? And why is Steve Nash on the sideline sending in goons?

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
How do you figure? By number of flagrants, number of disqualifications, number of ejections, number of fines, or number of complaints by losing teams and their pussy fans?

Some of those complaints seem to come even before the series starts. Sounds like Bowen is in your head.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
They've embraced this kind of behavior by not saying they are against it. Although not all of the Spurs players are dirty, they are all pussying out by resorting to this kind of behavior in order to get a win.

So now ALL the Spurs players do it. I have seen Bowen and people have a good case for him. Horry's shot on Nash can be classified as such but I haven't seen any other plays by him this playoffs that could be argued as such. Manu is a flopper...that's not dirty..just annoying. Parker hits the ground alot but that only affects him. Duncan...he whines...again not dirty, just annoying. If you could point out dirty plays this playoffs by Oberto, Finley, Barry, Udrih, Vaughn, Bonner, Butler, Elson and the rest, that would help.

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:36 PM
How do you figure? By number of flagrants, number of disqualifications, number of ejections, number of fines, or number of complaints by losing teams and their pussy fans?

Some of those complaints seem to come even before the series starts. Sounds like Bowen is in your head.
Bowen is crafty enough to know how to get his cheap shots in, while making it look "innocent" enough that the league can't suspend him on the basis of each individual incident.

The body of work all together makes it clear what kind of player he is.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Oh...so you didn't say this.

polandprzem
06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Good that we've got something to talk about.

Damn I will miss those diss ...

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Um...that ain't happening. Maybe if the Suns were playing, in which they would be swept by the Cavs, but not our Spurs ;)

-Mars

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Bowen has been protected by the league so it wouldn't be according to the number of flagrants or anything else, Bruce never gets called on anything. I am just talking about the world of reality, because only a blind man could deny that some of the things Bruce Bowen has done warrant some significant suspensions. There are things that you just don't do in organized sports, and one of them is hit your opponent with a low blow or intentionally try to injure your opponent. I've seen UFC fighters with more integrity than this cancer to the sport.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Bowen has been protected by the league

Proof please.

ClingingMars
Bowen is crafty enough to know how to get his cheap shots in, while making it look "innocent" enough that the league can't suspend him on the basis of each individual incident.

You are such a whiney son of a bitch, it's hilarious. Good luck even making the playoffs next year with Oden and Durant in the West.

-Mars

Trainwreck2100
He's not protected by the league, he uses their rules ambiguities to his advantage.

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:42 PM
You are such a whiney son of a bitch, it's hilarious. Good luck even making the playoffs next year with Oden and Durant in the West.

-Mars
We'll not only make the playoffs, we'll send the Spurs home for good on the way to the championship.

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:42 PM
He's not protected by the league, he uses their rules ambiguities to his advantage.
Oh yeah, that's so ethical.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Bowen has been protected by the league so it wouldn't be according to the number of flagrants or anything else, Bruce never gets called on anything. I am just talking about the world of reality, because only a blind man could deny that some of the things Bruce Bowen has done warrant some significant suspensions. There are things that you just don't do in organized sports, and one of them is hit your opponent with a low blow or intentionally try to injure your opponent. I've seen UFC fighters with more integrity than this cancer to the sport.

If Bowen CONSISTENTLY did such terrible things game after game, the refs would get him for it. WHAT REASON DO THEY HAVE TO PROTECT BOWEN? The refs review EACH and EVERY call after a game.

-Mars

samikeyp

That I would agree to. Its not illegal and players all over the league do it.

ClingingMars
We'll not only make the playoffs, we'll send the Spurs home for good on the way to the championship.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

-Mars

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah, that's so ethical.

:bling

Obstructed_View

The league has no reason to suspend him. They have no reason to fine him. They have no reason to even give him a phone call. The world of reality is that he doesn't foul out of games, he doesn't commit flagrants, he doesn't get fined, and he doesn't get suspended. If Bowen intentionally tries to injure opponents, he's wildly unsuccessful at it.

I know you are worried that he's going to own your little bitch of an overrated all-star just like he owned the one in Phoenix, but you should at least let it happen before you start crying about it.

samikeyp

Yeah...how'd that work out?

ClingingMars
As my Football coach always says, if the Refs don't call it, it's fair game.

-Mars

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:46 PM
So now ALL the Spurs players do it. I have seen Bowen and people have a good case for him. Horry's shot on Nash can be classified as such but I haven't seen any other plays by him this playoffs that could be argued as such. Manu is a flopper...that's not dirty..just annoying. Parker hits the ground alot but that only affects him. Duncan...he whines...again not dirty, just annoying. If you could point out dirty plays this playoffs by Oberto, Finley, Barry, Udrih, Vaughn, Bonner, Butler, Elson and the rest, that would help.

The shot on Steve Nash by Horry was a hard foul but I can believe what he says, Horry is a good guy and has no prior record of ever doing anything like this. However, in the back of my mind after all of those things taking place earlier in the series I still know deep down that he was trying to foul Nash hard. The fact that he outweighs Nash by roughly 80 lbs and has 9 or 10 inches on him makes me understand how Steve could have gone flying.

However, Bowen is just a dirty player and a cancer to the sport. His record speaks for itself, I don't care if you are a high school, college, or pro coach, you cannot condone that behavior. I blame Popp, and not so secretly I think the Spurs coach told Bowen specifically to go in there and try to hurt Nash and start the melee that ensued.

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 03:46 PM

No doubt some of the things Bruce does are suspension worthy. Very few people will argue that he doesn't do some dirty things, but he isn't nearly as dirty as people think. MOST players guarded by Bowen say he's just a hard nose defender that gets the job done.

Bowen has made an art of annoying people and still playing within the rules 99% of the time. Unfortunately, that 1% he goes out of the rules he goes WAY outside the rules.

That crotch blow is a stupid thing to bring up though because that happens a lot in the NBA, and Nash did a really good job of selling it. Definitely dirty, but hardly rare to see in the NBA and wasn't nearly as serious as people seem to think.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM
However, Bowen is just a dirty player and a cancer to the sport. His record speaks for itself, I don't care if you are a high school, college, or pro coach, you cannot condone that behavior. I blame Popp, and not so secretly I think the Spurs coach told Bowen specifically to go in there and try to hurt Nash and start the melee that ensued.

Ok but you were saying the whole team was dirty.

And you actually think Pop tells Bruce to go in and hurt other players.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:49 PM

As much as I think you are saying this out of sour grapes, I did think Phoenix would have won the series w/ San Antonio this season if not for the dirty play of the Spurs, and I think they will definately win the West next season if they keep their team together.

Spurs fans like to say that they beat the Suns in Game Six and that makes it all better, however the fact of the matter is they never would have won Game 5 if Stoudemire had been playing so even assuming a Game 6 win for the Spurs, that would only have evened the series at 3-3 with the Game 7 being a home game for the Suns.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok but you were saying the whole team was dirty.

And you actually think Pop tells Bruce to go in and hurt other players.

Not all the time, just in the playoffs when he senses things are getting away from the team.

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Spurs fans like to say that they beat the Suns in Game Six and that makes it all better, however the fact of the matter is they never would have won Game 5 if Stoudemire had been playing so even assuming a Game 6 win for the Spurs, that would only have evened the series at 3-3 with the Game 7 being a home game for the Suns.

That is such a stupid argument about game 5. You cannot make the claim the Suns would have won with Stoudemire playing. Personally I think Diaw was the bigger loss for the Suns, but both are irrelevant. The Spurs played down to the short handed Suns level. They would have played at a much higher level if the Suns had been at full strength, so you can't predict what would have happened.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Not all the time, just in the playoffs when he senses things are getting away from the team.
I'd like a specific example of that. Name one time. Ever. Once. Just once.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:56 PM
That crotch blow is a stupid thing to bring up though because that happens a lot in the NBA, and Nash did a really good job of selling it. Definitely dirty, but hardly rare to see in the NBA and wasn't nearly as serious as people seem to think.

The low blow was one of the worst things he has done! I honestly could care less about guys falling on his foot and spraining their ankles, thats part of the game. But to blatantly knee somebody in the balls....if somebody ever did that to me I would whup their asses on the middle of the basketball court.

And there in lies the problem, you can't not suspend somebody for instigating an action from another player to get that player in trouble without also suspending the player who started the incident in the first place.

I know this is a rehash, so I apologize...however, how many more years do you think Bowen will be in the league for? The sooner he is gone, the better for everybody, this guy gives the sport of basketball a bad name.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:56 PM
As much as I think you are saying this out of sour grapes, I did think Phoenix would have won the series w/ San Antonio this season if not for the dirty play of the Spurs, and I think they will definately win the West next season if they keep their team together.

The two of you need to get a room...

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM

No he doesn't. This bullshit is so laughable...

:lmao :lmao :lmao

-Mars

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I'd like a specific example of that. Name one time. Ever. Once. Just once.

The Suns series these playoffs?? The funny thing is, after San Antonio got their desired reaction from the Suns players and got two of them suspended, the dirty play magically ceased for the rest of the series...cooincidence? I think not. More likely, Poppovich told Bowen no need to cheap shot opposing players now that we've got this series in the bag.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
The low blow was one of the worst things he has done!
I agree. He cleared out on a smaller player who had no business crowding him and got called for an offensive foul. That is quite clearly one of the worst things he's ever done.

And it wasn't that bad. I can think of about a dozen shots from this year's playoffs that are worse, all of them by players not named Bruce Bowen.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
The two of you need to get a room...

So you don't deny what I am saying??

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I agree. He cleared out on a smaller player who had no business crowding him and got called for an offensive foul. That is quite clearly one of the worst things he's ever done.

And it wasn't that bad. I can think of about a dozen shots from this year's playoffs that are worse, all of them by players not named Bruce Bowen.

Well, you are a Spurs fan so I would expect that out of you. Just like your head coach and some of your players, you are willing to sacrifice your own integrity for any kind of competitive advantage.

samikeyp
however the fact of the matter is they never would have won Game 5 if Stoudemire had been playing so even assuming a Game 6 win for the Spurs,

Actually that is an opinion, not a fact. There is no way to tell with 100% accuracy how that game would have turned out if Amare was there. I look also to Games 1 and 3 where the Spurs won both games (including one in Phoenix) with the Suns having a full squad. The Spurs were a shooting meltdown away from going back to Phoenix up 3-1.

ClingingMars

No, it's just that you blowing that Suns fan in public is getting annoying. Seriously, get a room.

-Marrs

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 04:02 PM
The low blow was one of the worst things he has done! I honestly could care less about guys falling on his foot and spraining their ankles, thats part of the game. But to blatantly knee somebody in the balls....if somebody ever did that to me I would whup their asses on the middle of the basketball court.

And there in lies the problem, you can't not suspend somebody for instigating an action from another player to get that player in trouble without also suspending the player who started the incident in the first place.

I know this is a rehash, so I apologize...however, how many more years do you think Bowen will be in the league for? The sooner he is gone, the better for everybody, this guy gives the sport of basketball a bad name.

I'm not saying it wasn't bad, i'm just saying it's not uncommon. Just about EVERYBODY clears space by doing that. Nash oversold that horribly, just like he did the Horry hit. It's not like Bowen reared back and kneed Nash full force.

He'll either be gone in 2 or 3 years or turn into Kevin Willis and be here for another decade though. I don't think he brings all that much to the Spurs anymore. Some of the star players have done better against him than other defenders this season and playoffs.

Obstructed_View
The Suns series these playoffs?? The funny thing is, after San Antonio got their desired reaction from the Suns players and got two of them suspended, the dirty play magically ceased for the rest of the series...cooincidence? I think not. More likely, Poppovich told Bowen no need to cheap shot opposing players now that we've got this series in the bag.
So who did Bruce hurt on the Suns when Pop sensed the game was out of reach?

And you are saying that the proof that Horry's foul was dirty was because...it never happened again?

Seriously, you aren't stupid enough to believe this shit. You had me going for a while. Well done. Bowen's going to harass your superstar. He'll take it like a man, unlike anyone wearing a Suns uniform.

samikeyp
Well, you are a Spurs fan so I would expect that out of you

Yes because all Spurs fans think alike? :rolleyes

DarrinS
06-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Out of all those "chippy" plays, is any of them "flagrant"?

What was the call on the ninja kick to Szerbiak?

cornbread
06-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow. Yet another thread that's been taken over by a bunch of Nancy's who want to bitch and whine about the Big Bad Spurs.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, you are a Spurs fan so I would expect that out of you.
The truth? Thanks. It's amazing how that works. You should try it sometime.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow. Yet another thread that's been taken over by a bunch of Nancy's who want to bitch and whine about the Big Bad Spurs.

I just want to know what it is like to have to defend the dirtiest player in the league.

If I had to guess, it would have to be not unlike as a kid when your parents tell you to eat your vegetables.

easjer
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Please.

This 'body of evidence' crap is just that: crap. Bullshit. Rubbish.

Bruce Bowen has the longest streak of games on the Spurs. Hasn't missed a game in what, two, three years - including deep playoff runs. And in all this time, there have been how many injuries? One - to Steve Francis (and Steve even said it was not intentional, so what more do you want?). Ray Allen's injury happened before any contact with Bruce. If he was so dirty, wouldn't there (given the number of games he's played in) be more than handful of supposed injuries?

Further, I don't condone the kick to Ray Allen's back (though I will qualify it as a push with a foot, as opposed to a kick meant to cause injury - something I do to my cat whenever he curls up on my feet) or the kick to Wally Szcerbiak's face (which was a freak accident). But Bruce doesn't condone them either and has publicly apologized more than once for those actions.

Beyond that - he didn't knee Nash in the balls, it was on the thigh, and Nash flopped it. Watch closely, and you'll see guys everywhere pulling similar moves.

He does things to frustrate people and he gets away with exploiting the ambiguity of the rules. But that's not dirty - it's sharp, intelligent play.

Obstructed_View
Out of all those "chippy" plays, is any of them "flagrant"?

What was the call on the ninja kick to Szerbiak?
I think it got upgraded by the league and he got fined.

samikeyp
I just want to know what it is like to have to defend the dirtiest player in the league.

again...you are assuming all Spurs fans think alike.

Generalize much?

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Ask the Maverick fans. Jason Terry plays for them.

samikeyp

Your opinion, not fact.

Just because you say so doesn't make it so.

And yes, before you say it...the opposite is true as well.

cornbread
What I want to know is how it feels to be a whiney ass Nancy. Please elaborate.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
What I want to know is how it feels to be a whiney ass Nancy. Please elaborate.

So you aren't denying what I said then??

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
That you want to go down on the Suns troll so you'll have someone to agree with you? No, I agree completely.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Even after all this time, I still enjoy listening to how incredulous the Nets announcers were that charging a guy, forcing the refs to restrain you, could actually warrant a T.

Good stuff.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
You didn't say anything. You asked a question.

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
How many players has Bowen seriously hurt?

If he really was "dirty", he'd have a Malone-like list.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
That you want to go down on the Suns troll so you'll have someone to agree with you? No, I agree completely.

Hey, I understand that you are bitter nobody likes you and nobody likes the Spurs. You probably got picked last in Duck-Duck-Goose as a kid too.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Even after all this time, I still enjoy listening to how incredulous the Nets announcers were that charging a guy, forcing the refs to restrain you, could actually warrant a T.

Good stuff.
:lol That was great, especially since Vince initiated the contact and the refs saw it all the way.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey, I understand that you are bitter nobody likes you and nobody likes the Spurs. You probably got picked last in Duck-Duck-Goose as a kid too

Hey! I AM somebody! :)

and I ruled Duck-Duck-Goose. :lol

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey, I understand that you are bitter nobody likes you and nobody likes the Spurs. You probably got picked last in Duck-Duck-Goose as a kid too.
The only ones here that are bitter are the guy you were rubbing up against in the previous post and you, and your team hasn't even gotten Bown3d yet.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
How many players has Bowen seriously hurt?

If he really was "dirty", he'd have a Malone-like list.
He'd certainly have at least one. One injury, one punch, one suspension, something. Instead we have Steve Nash falling to the floor holding his balls because he can't play defense.

BWJACKETS
06-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey! I AM somebody! :)

and I ruled Duck-Duck-Goose. :lol

Hey, sorry samikeyp, I forgot about you. That makes one, perhaps there may be others out there yet! :spin

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey, sorry samikeyp, I forgot about you. That makes one, perhaps there may be others out there yet!

:lol That's right! No more D-D-G trash talk! :lol (you know that is next on ESPN2 or FSN after they covered the Rock-Paper-Scissors championships!)

You will find that there are Spurs fans all over the place. Most are pretty cool.

cornbread
06-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Yes Nancy, I am denying that Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league. After years of watching Karl Malone, Bowen seems like a princess to me. Sorry, that's the truth. There are plenty of dirty players out there but you like to focus on Bowen and say he's the "dirtiest" because he plays on the best team in the league and it serves as a convenient excuse after the Spurs beat teams. I'm sure you will use it to the fullest.

spurastic
06-06-2007, 04:24 PM
You sun fans are such piss poor losers! Whine, whine, whine, cry, cry, cry. And then whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine......................

fyatuk
06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes Nancy, I am denying that Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league. After years of watching Karl Malone, Bowen seems like a princess to me. Sorry, that's the truth. There are plenty of dirty players out there but you like to focus on Bowen and say he's the "dirtiest" because he plays on the best team in the league and it serves as a convenient excuse after the Spurs beat teams. I'm sure you will use it to the fullest.

No kidding, Bowen doesn't even belong in the same discussion as Stockton and Malone, or many of the big names from the 80's and 90's. He'd be considered a nice clean pussy compared to those crews.

Bear Grylls
06-06-2007, 04:28 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8695/dirtynr1.jpg

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
^^^:lmao

That was funny.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8695/dirtynr1.jpg

roflmao

who played that character for real?

-Mars

Bear Grylls
06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
roflmao

who played that character for real?

-Mars

Clifton Collins Jr.

The Great Fantastic
06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=easjer]

Further, I don't condone the kick to Ray Allen's back (though I will qualify it as a push with a foot, as opposed to a kick meant to cause injury - something I do to my cat whenever he curls up on my feet) or the kick to Wally Szcerbiak's face (which was a freak accident). But Bruce doesn't condone them either and has publicly apologized more than once for those actions.
[QUOTE]

I had a longwinded breakdown of each "dirty play" by Bowen and this was exactly my sentiment for the kick to Ray Allen. How lame can you be to be upset by that shit? Bowen is fucking great. The fact that all these people try to call him dirty is a testament to that.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 04:53 PM
You know why Bruce didn't mention the cheap shots by Ray Allen that caused him to lose his cool and stupidly kick Ray? Because Bruce isn't a crybaby pussy. He accepted that he fucked up, took his punishment, and moved on.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Huh? Did you go to school in Cleveland?

So now he's not only dirty, but crafty too? Does it on purpose, but makes it look innocent, all in the matter of a split second?

How fucking stupid are you?

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Bruce is a dirty player, but so is Raja Bell, as well as a ton of other players in the NBA. While I don't really condone it, people have to understand it's been a part of the game, and will continue to be forever.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Well, you are a Spurs fan so I would expect that out of you. Just like your head coach and some of your players, you are willing to sacrifice your own integrity for any kind of competitive advantage.

Yeah, you would've thought Nash would learn to quit crowding players after 6 stitches in his nose. Guess he is just not to quick to learn some lessons.

That so called "knee to the groin" offensive foul should have been a foul on Nash.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, you would've thought Nash would learn to quit crowding players after 6 stitches in his nose. Guess he is just not to quick to learn some lessons.

That so called "knee to the groin" offensive foul should have been a foul on Nash.

There is no such thing as "crowding" foul.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM

Does the Cleveland education system regularly turn out idiots or are you the exception.

In the matter of two seconds Robert Horry decided he could:

A: Foul Nash hard....and

B: Get Bell to get into his face.....and

C. Get Dumb and Dumber to jump up off the bench and get suspended.

Damn, that Horry is certainly a quick thinker, isn't he?

LOL.. And then Pop calls off the dogs.

You are a hoot.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
If Bowen CONSISTENTLY did such terrible things game after game, the refs would get him for it. WHAT REASON DO THEY HAVE TO PROTECT BOWEN? The refs review EACH and EVERY call after a game.

-Mars

No one that belongs to the Suns fanbase has any right to call anyone dirty as long as they have Raja Bell on the squad.

Bear Grylls
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5742/dirtydanceqc4.jpg

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
No one that belongs to the Suns fanbase has any right to call anyone dirty as long as they have Raja Bell on the squad.

No, because some fans have the ability to objectively look at the situation and see that both players are dirty, although Bowen has a little more documented history with cheapshots, where as Bell has let his temper get the best of him alot.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5742/dirtydanceqc4.jpg

keep the funny pictures coming!

-Mars

shelshor
06-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Maybe he'll learn--after all, its only about the 3rd & 4th times Gnash has ever tried to play perimeter defense

SA210
06-06-2007, 06:51 PM

-Mars
Yes, this is very true.

Bear Grylls
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1161/bowendirtyng6.jpg

SA210
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1161/bowendirtyng6.jpg
:lol

thewatcher
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM

bingo!

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
http://bowenkombat.ytmnd.com/
http://brucebowen.ytmnd.com/
http://btruehollywoodstories.ytmnd.com/
http://kungfubowen.ytmnd.com/

also

http://timduncanstaresatyoursoul.ytmnd.com/
http://timmmycheateddunk.ytmnd.com/
http://horryownsnba.ytmnd.com/ - my personal favorite
http://horrydunk.ytmnd.com/
http://roberthorry.ytmnd.com/
http://thatsright.ytmnd.com/
http://tonyparkerrap.ytmnd.com/
http://ginobili.ytmnd.com/
http://newcomerginobili.ytmnd.com/
http://ginobilicanfly.ytmnd.com/
http://owginobili.ytmnd.com/
http://manushock.ytmnd.com/ - this is hilarious
http://ginobiliowns.ytmnd.com/

-Mars

Bear Grylls
06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7892/lowdowndirtyshamelg8.jpg

dbreiden83080
06-06-2007, 07:48 PM

I have always said the main reason this shit gets brought up with Bruce is pretty simple, NOBODY PLAYS D IN THE NBA ANYMORE!! If this was 15 years ago it would never be brought up because players were tougher and allowed to be more physical back then. Bruce play aggressive and challenges every shot. So when someone comes down on his foot people are all up in arms. Why does it not happen all the time if he is not dirty? Because almost nobody plays D anymore that is why. Every rule change the league has made the last 5 years has been about giving the players more and more excuses to not even try to play D. Offense sells tickets.