PDA

View Full Version : Horry on the hot seat: Shaq or Tim?

Spurs Brazil
06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Horry on the hot seat: Shaq or Tim?

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/spursmoment/

Horry on the hot seat: Shaq or Tim?
Robert Horry was one of the more popular interviews for the national media gathered at the AT&T Center for the NBA's version of Super Bowl Media Day.

Asked if today's event was any different than the six others he's participated in, Horry laughed and said, "No different. I was like, 'Ahh, shoot. I gotta deal with the media — again.' "

The best question posed to Horry came from veteran Los Angeles Times NBA beat writer Mark Heisler, who wanted to know who the Spurs sharpshooter favored as a big man: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan.

Horry won three NBA titles (2000, 2001, 2002) playing with O'Neal and the Los Angeles Lakers. He's won one with Duncan (2005) and has a chance to win a second, which would give him seven all together.

"It would be like apple pie or blueberry pie — it's hard to say," Horry said of the O'Neal vs. Duncan debate. "Tim is a more complete player because he can handle the rock. He can step back and hit jumpers. Shaq is more of a power player. It's hard to compare the two. They are both great. They would both be great players to start a franchise with. It just depends on if you like big guys or fundamental guys."

Heisler pressed on: So if you had to win one game for the NBA title, who would you take: O'Neal or Duncan.

Horry responded like the media savvy veteran he is.

"Oh, man. Who are my guards?" Horry said. "You got to help me. I just can't pick one. It all depends on who you are playing. You can't really pick. If we're playing Patrick Ewing, I'm taking Shaq. If we're playing Dream (Hakeem Olajuwon) I'm taking Tim. It's too different situations. You can't really pick one guy."

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

Bowen can't escape elderly reporter
It's not quite as frenzied as Media Day at the Super Bowl, but the NBA's equivalent for the Finals had its moments Wednesday afternoon.

A spokesperson in the NBA office said the total credential count won't be released until Thursday, but I can tell you this: The oldest and shortest reporter will be Marjorie Johnson.

The 89-year-old resident of Robbinsdale, Minn., is a correspondent for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. At 4-foot-10, Marjorie was dwarfed by those she interviewed at the AT&T Center, including a few Spurs.

But her lack of height and media savvy didn't stop her from snagging a one-on-one with Bruce Bowen. Know as "the Blue Ribbon Baker" after winning more than 2,500 ribbons at Minnesota's state fair, Marjorie presented the Spurs' defensive demon with a box of her "Blue Ribbon" cookies.

Bowen, a workout fanatic who stays in top-top shape year round, eyed the cookies for a moment and then politely declined the offer, saying, "I just had a little something before practice."

But Marjorie, who is known for her gift of gab and whirlwind personality, persisted and Bowen eventually walked to the locker room munching a "Blue Ribbon" cookie.

So if Bowen looks a little slow defending LeBron James on Thursday night, you know who to blame.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
i had no idea Bowen was a workout freak...good article.

-Mars

SpursWoman
06-06-2007, 04:14 PM
i had no idea Bowen was a workout freak...good article.

-Mars

You've never looked at him? How in the world do you think a 35 year old could do what he does if he wasn't? :lol

whottt
06-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Bruce needs to be cramming food in his piehole non-stop for this matchup. This is no time for cardio...put on some lbs Bruce, darnit.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Bruce needs to be cramming food in his piehole non-stop for this matchup. This is no time for cardio...put on some lbs Bruce, darnit.

that was pointless :rolleyes

missmyzte
06-06-2007, 08:50 PM
The best question posed to Horry came from veteran Los Angeles Times NBA beat writer Mark Heisler, who wanted to know who the Spurs sharpshooter favored as a big man: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan.
The best question? Because he hasn't been asked that a hundred times in the past couple years?? </sarcasm>

PM5K
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
The best question would have been to add Hakeem, as far as I recall he's already picked Dream so it would be interesting to see if the years that have past have made any difference in his opinion...

whottt
06-06-2007, 09:15 PM
that was pointless :rolleyes

Not at all..pointless would be more like your birth.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
:lmao meanie

Phenomanul
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
The best question? Because he hasn't been asked that a hundred times in the past couple years?? </sarcasm>

Used to be that Horry would outright say O'Neal....

Now he's evened up the Love.

missmyzte
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Used to be that Horry would outright say O'Neal....

Now he's evened up the Love.
Actually, Hakeem is usually in the question as well and Horry has always said Dream is/was the best.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
This is a great question. Right now you have to take Shaq, although it's definitely conceivable that Duncan could surpass him in his four or five good years left.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 10:01 PM

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10954/pwn3d-kid.jpg

-Mars

polandprzem
06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Actually, Hakeem is usually in the question as well and Horry has always said Dream is/was the best.

Yup
In 2005 he was saying that Shaq is second and Tim third.

Right now he is saying they are even.
So hakeem ahead and then both Shaq and Timmay

mbass
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Yup
In 2005 he was saying that Shaq is second and Tim third.

Right now he is saying they are even.
So hakeem ahead and then both Shaq and Timmay

I think that Horry is just pulling Duncan's leg - he knows Duncan is the best. :king :king :king :king :king