PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic lose Stan Van Gundy to Kings

Budkin
06-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe the Magic will actually give PJ a chance now... man these guys just can't win... it's almost comical at this point. :lol

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-bk-sflmagicstan0607jun06,0,900583.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

itzsoweezee
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
why would anyone take the Kings job over the Magic? First off the Magic have a better young core than the Kings and most importantly they play in the EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who wouldn't want to coach Dwight Howard!!!!

kings were probably willing to pay more. plus, he was their second choice. i know i wouldn't be that excited for a job knowing that i only got it after someone else refused.

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
damn. they need a break.

shoot. i <3 my spurs, but even I think it would've been great to have Hill and Duncan playing together.

PM5K
06-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Maybe the Magic will actually give PJ a chance now... man these guys just can't win... it's almost comical at this point. :lol

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-bk-sflmagicstan0607jun06,0,900583.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

They better get him before Presti gets him...

Lp26
06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I read Pat Riley was asking for compensation (1st round pick ?) if SVG went to ORL, and nothing if he went to SAC. Maybe they have a under the table deal on Artest all worked out since MIA is interested in him.

Or maybe he didn't want the coach he "replaced" to show how good he was in ORL.

Riley is such a snake. I seriously can't stand the guy.

Pistons < Spurs
06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
LMAO @ the idea that 2 teams were in a bidding war to get SVG of all people!!!!

freedom&justice
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
why would anyone take the Kings job over the Magic? First off the Magic have a better young core than the Kings and most importantly they play in the EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who wouldn't want to coach Dwight Howard!!!!

Maybe Stan didn't wanna potentially coach against Riley?

TheSanityAnnex
06-06-2007, 10:27 PM

And who wouldn't want to coach Dwight Howard!!!!Kings fans > Magic fans
Kings GM > Magic GM
Kings Owners > Magic Owners

Talent wise the Magic have the obvious edge, but other things are important to a coach.

trueD
06-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I heard on our local radio station, an offcial announcement is forthcoming.

trueD
06-06-2007, 11:37 PM
LMAO @ the idea that 2 teams were in a bidding war to get SVG of all people!!!!

...and Flip Saunders would do better? :rolleyes

trueD
06-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Drum roll....

SVG to Orlando.

Roxsfan
06-07-2007, 12:50 AM
kings were probably willing to pay more. plus, he was their second choice. i know i wouldn't be that excited for a job knowing that i only got it after someone else refused.

Maybe he saw what happened to his brother. Larry Brown turned down the roxs, and Jeff Van Gundy got the job...and well now he is Van Gone dy.