PDA

View Full Version : 8 days away....

SpursDynasty
06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
We are 8 days away from the Spurs celebrating their third championship in five seasons. What are your thoughts on this season? Best championship ever compared to 2005 and 2003? I think the 2007 championship is the best thus far considering how many people were doubting the Spurs and labeling them "old and unathletic" all year. I say the Spurs repeat next year. This also could possibly be the easiest championship ever for the Spurs : Nuggets, Suns, Jazz, Cavaliers..quite possibly the easiest set of playoff opponents the Spurs have ever had.

58 wins, top team in the West, another championship. Not much different than 2002-2003 and 2004-2005.

florige
06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
We are 8 days away from the Spurs celebrating their third championship in five seasons. What are your thoughts on this season? Best championship ever compared to 2005 and 2003? I think the 2007 championship is the best thus far considering how many people were doubting the Spurs and labeling them "old and unathletic" all year. I say the Spurs repeat next year. This also could possibly be the easiest championship ever for the Spurs : Nuggets, Suns, Jazz, Cavaliers..quite possibly the easiest set of playoff opponents the Spurs have ever had.

58 wins, top team in the West, another championship. Not much different than 2002-2003 and 2004-2005.

Im confident but your jumping the gun just a little bit bro. :lol

mavs>spurs2
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
call in the dynasty trolls

JeffDynasty
06-06-2007, 04:59 PM
call in the dynasty trolls
You rang?

stretch
06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
This also could possibly be the easiest championship ever for the Spurs : Nuggets, Suns, Jazz, Cavaliers..quite possibly the easiest set of playoff opponents the Spurs have ever had.

Thus they are a fluke team if they win the title. And if they don't win it, it was a fluke they were even in the playoffs to begin with. No matter what, the Spurs are now officially a fluke team.

Budkin
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Thus they are a fluke team if they win the title. And if they don't win it, it was a fluke they were even in the playoffs to begin with. No matter what, the Spurs are now officially a fluke team.

Golden State

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM

Mavs reaching the Finals after a stupid Ginobili foul seems like a bigger fluke to me. Not to mention their lackluster competition that consisted of a Grizzlies team that never won a playoff game and a watered down Suns team without Stoudewhiner.

8 days away till the Spurs show the Mavs how to get it done. Maybe next year chokers.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
They should run The Parade all the way to Dallas so their fans can see what it's like.

UdrihDynasty
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
It's a fluke that the Spurs are able to win with limited minutes from the great Beno Udrih

stretch
06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Mavs reaching the Finals after a stupid Ginobili foul seems like a bigger fluke to me. Not to mention their lackluster competition that consisted of a Grizzlies team that never won a playoff game and a watered down Suns team without Stoudewhiner.

8 days away till the Spurs show the Mavs how to get it done. Maybe next year chokers.
:rolleyes Obviously, you are ignorant of what is going on here, and the subtle joke in my post.

ExerciseBikeDynasty
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
well congratulations Spurs*. it was a fluke that the Heat didnt get here. they took the Bulls to the wire every game and bail oout calls were needed in every game. they just wanted a new champion. it was a fluky win on the Bulls by a fluke player, fluke coach, fluke fans, and fluke owner, for bringing in a fluke defensive player of the year, Ben Flukace. it is no fluke that the Mavs arent here. it was a six game sweep by a better team just beating a team they were supposed to beat. last year the Mavs shouldnt have gone to the Finals. Ginobli was celbrating early, waving his fist in the air, and accidentally hit Dirk in the air, and a fluke shot went in by a fluke player. and i am the one who is most happy by the Mavs not making the Finals :downspin:

Islymore
06-07-2007, 09:27 AM
well congratulations Spurs*. it was a fluke that the Heat didnt get here. they took the Bulls to the wire every game and bail oout calls were needed in every game. they just wanted a new champion. it was a fluky win on the Bulls by a fluke player, fluke coach, fluke fans, and fluke owner, for bringing in a fluke defensive player of the year, Ben Flukace. it is no fluke that the Mavs arent here. it was a six game sweep by a better team just beating a team they were supposed to beat. last year the Mavs shouldnt have gone to the Finals. Ginobli was celbrating early, waving his fist in the air, and accidentally hit Dirk in the air, and a fluke shot went in by a fluke player. and i am the one who is most happy by the Mavs not making the Finals :downspin:

you're just happy bc Dirk didnt beat u up this time... :p:

dg7md
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I see Cavs fans doing this. I don't mind it when Spurs fans do.

mavs>spurs2
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I see Cavs fans doing this. I don't mind it when Spurs fans do.

But you forget that Spurs fans are flukes.

LEONARD
06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
*bookmarked*

Beware the Jeff jinx Spurs fans!!! :lol

Shank
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Kill the dynasty talk right now. No back-to-back titles, the 99 win was in a bullshit season, Kobe hurt throughout the 03 playoffs and no Shaq in the WC in 05 aided the Spurs cause. Add to this that the Lakers had their own dynasty in the early 2000's (how can you have coinciding dynasties??) and you get - a possible 4th championship, but certainly NOT a dynasty.

Hence, the ruling that SpursDYNASTY is a piece of shit is once again supported.

mardigan
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Hence, the ruling that SpursDYNASTY is a piece of shit is once again supported.
This I agree with

Kill the dynasty talk right now. No back-to-back titles, the 99 win was in a bullshit season, Kobe hurt throughout the 03 playoffs and no Shaq in the WC in 05 aided the Spurs cause. Add to this that the Lakers had their own dynasty in the early 2000's (how can you have coinciding dynasties??) and you get - a possible 4th championship, but certainly NOT a dynasty.
This I dont. Its easy to make excuses for almost any team any year. Maybe the SPurs would have won in 2000 but Duncan was hurt. Maybe they would have won in 00-01 when D.A got hurt. And come on dude, trading Shaq somehow is a reflection of the Spurs not being a dynasty is idiotic.

cornbread
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Dad always said that making excuses is for losers. Making excuses about why winners win, that's just pathetic.

Shank
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM
This I agree with

This I dont. Its easy to make excuses for almost any team any year. Maybe the SPurs would have won in 2000 but Duncan was hurt. Maybe they would have won in 00-01 when D.A got hurt. And come on dude, trading Shaq somehow is a reflection of the Spurs not being a dynasty is idiotic.

The biggest arguments are that there isn't a B2B in there, the Lakers had their own dynasty right in the middle and the 99 season has an asterisk next to it. It's an impressive run, but it's not a dynasty - especially when the aforementioned Lakers ruled the league on their own for 3 years.

mardigan
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM
The biggest arguments are that there isn't a B2B in there, the Lakers had their own dynasty right in the middle and the 99 season has an asterisk next to it. It's an impressive run, but it's not a dynasty - especially when the aforementioned Lakers ruled the league on their own for 3 years.
Atericks are opinions, not anything else. 3 titles in 5 years is a dynasty to me, the Bird Celtices never won back to backs and that doesnt keep people from calling them a dynasty. Either way, I really dont care, they are a dynasty to me

LakeShow
06-08-2007, 03:27 PM

That is the biggest arguments. All teams that won the title one year and out could be labeled a fluke. Every Champion knows that a true champion defends their titles and are much harder to accomplish. The Lakers team of the 80's, as good as they were, did not achieve greatness in the eyes of NBA fans until they repeated in the late 80's, after no team had done so, in 20 years (i believe or somewhere around there). When you talk about dynasties, you can only talk about the Lakers, Bulls, and Celtics. When you talk about the greatest NBA Champions, you would included the Pistons with that group, based on the fact that they defended their title and went to the finals 3 years straight and the Rockets who successfully defended their title.

The Lakers of the 80's were a dynasty winning 5 titles in the 80's but the fact that they went to the finals 8 years in that stretch meant that They at least defended their titles in the finals! This is where the Spurs fall off. They have not defended any of their titles and they never reached the finals the next season after winning a title.

If the Spurs win this season and wins again next season, then you could include the spurs with the greatest NBA champions, until then, they're just one and out champions, which were plentiful in the NBA.