PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Sonics Hire Sam Presti

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Source: Sonics hire Presti as GM
By GARY WASHBURN
P-I REPORTER

The Sonics have finally decided on a general manager, agreeing on a contract with San Antonio Spurs vice president Sam Presti, who will be in Seattle on Thursday for an official announcement, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The team scheduled a news conference for noon on Thursday.

Presti, 30, has been tabbed as a wunderkind, promoted four times since joining the Spurs organization in 2000 and was credited with developing a highly sophisticated scouting system that has been used by the Spurs the past several years.

Presti entered the competition as the prohibitive favorite but waited more than a month following the reassignment of Rick Sund to interview with owner Clayton Bennett and team president Lenny Wilkens.

Wilkens and Bennett also talked with Washington Wizards vice president Tommy Sheppard, who made a splash during his interview last week in Orlando. But according to an NBA source, Bennett called Sheppard on Tuesday night to inform him of his decision to choose Presti.

And a day before the Spurs take on the Cleveland Cavaliers in quest of their fourth NBA title in nine years, Presti accepted the Sonics offer. A graduate of Emerson College in Boston, Presti was a Rhodes scholar nominee who joined the Spurs as a summer intern in 2000.

He was promoted to special assistant a year later; assistant director of scouting in 2002; director of player personnel in 2003 and finally VP and assistant general manager in 2005. He is regarded as one of the top rising front-office executives in the NBA and was a favorite of Bennett, who was part owner of the Spurs until 1997.

Presti is not the youngest general manager in league history. That title belongs to Jerry Colangelo, who at 28 took over the expansion Phoenix Suns in 1968.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/318709_sonx07.html

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Hope the Spurs have locked his desk and confiscated his computer.

easjer
06-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Fuck him.

He should have waited until after the Finals were over. And this is going to fuck our draft choices.

timvp
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Man, F Presti. Who the hell leaves their job in the middle of the Finals? I've never heard of something like that happening. Ferry left AFTER the 2005 Finals.

You don't leave during the Finals. Presti has officially become a traitor.

:hat

timvp
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Fuck him.

He should have waited until after the Finals were over. And this is going to fuck our draft choices.

:tu

Is Presti now going to try to hire PJ after Game 2 or what?

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
:pctoss

the season ain't even over yet.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Is Presti now going to try to hire PJ after Game 2 or what?
:lol There should be a vBookie on that.

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Man, F Presti. Who the hell leaves their job in the middle of the Finals? I've never heard of something like that happening. Ferry left AFTER the 2005 Finals.

chill, he is just an assistant. He has to look out for himself and his career....you would have jumped ship too, had you been given this opportunity.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Fuck him.

Damn... I guess Kevin Durant isn't gonna fall to us afterall

timvp
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
chill, he is just an assistant. He has to look out for himself and his career....you would have jumped ship too, had you been given this opportunity.

An assistant? Do you even know who Presti is?

Nobody has ever jumped ship while still in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Out of common courtesy, coaches, assistants, GMs, execs don't leave their position or even begin to interview for a job while their team is still in the playoffs. Teams don't even usually grant permission for interviews until the post season is over. It's a distraction and most NBA teams consider this kind of stuff very bush league.

Seattle would have waited 2 weeks for him.

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
An assistant? Do you even know who Presti is?

Nobody has ever jumped ship while still in the playoffs.

He is the assistant general manager....duh.

If Seattle said come now or fogitaboutit.....you go, nuff said

Twisted_Dawg
We are going to miss that endless supply of young talent he brought to us---thank God we are stacked up with young bodies! And all those impressive free agent signings he did!!! Not to mention all those shrewd trades he pulled off!! Am I the only mofo wondering……WTF with this Presti guy? Most over rated front office guy in the league.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Nobody knows... but to me it seemed like Seattle was pushing to get things done as soon as possible

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm surprised the Spurs allowed this kind of timing. Maybe they're not too broken up about losing him.

polandprzem
06-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Dammit

The San Antonio is all over the leauge

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I seriously doubt that sam had any duties that mattered in the Finals....he is front office and their job is stagnant right now....this does not affect the Spurs one iota.

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm surprised the Spurs allowed this kind of timing. Maybe they're not too broken up about losing him.

again....How in the hell does this affect the Spurs while they are in the Finals???

timvp
06-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Well the Sonics newspapers did give Presti the credit for getting Beno Udrih and Francisco Elson for the Spurs, so perhaps this is a creative way of Pop firing him.

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Seattle has a draft to prepare for in a couple of weeks, they have no GM, no coach and no VP....they are in dire need of getting somebody NOW, not in 2 weeks.

SilverPlayer
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
I seriously doubt that sam had any duties that mattered in the Finals....he is front office and their job is stagnant right now....this does not affect the Spurs one iota.

Actually their job is just beginning to get started again. Most teams are already prepping up for the draft and the combine was just a few days ago

Phenomanul
06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Hope the Spurs have locked his desk and confiscated his computer.

I second this motion.

Not to mention if San Antonio wins its 4th title, that he be denied a ring.

duncan228
... perhaps this is a creative way of Pop firing him.

Got to be. Why else would the Spurs have let it happen now?

SilverPlayer
Well the Sonics newspapers did give Presti the credit for getting Beno Udrih and Francisco Elson for the Spurs, so perhaps this is a creative way of Pop firing him.

I hope you're right and I hope this doesn't bite us in the butt long term. We need the best talent evaluation we can get. If we can't ever get a high draft pick, we have to never let those few gems pass us by. Like Josh Fucking Howard.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Man I love reporting the news here. Hopefully I get a job similar to this in my future.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Btw, Fuck Sam Presti!

ducks
06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
if spurs thought it would be a distraction they would have told him to accept the job and make sonics announce after finals

sam is no longer a spur so he does not get credit with the spurs title IF they win

Spurminator
06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
It's less about it being a distraction and more about him now using knowledge gained from scouting for the Spurs on a draft that is a few weeks away. You at least want to make the Sonics draft based on their own scouting from the past year.

ducks
06-06-2007, 05:39 PM
sam would be on the phone behind the scenes anyhow

spurs should swap picks

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM
C'mon guys, Sam's legacy is getting this guy two free trips to Utah in July.

http://thedraftreview.com/history/drafted2004/images/sergey-karaulov.jpg

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Man I love reporting the news here. Hopefully I get a job similar to this in my future.For the same pay?

Mr.Bottomtooth
Who's that?

ChumpDumper
Who's that?Exactly.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
For the same pay?
Not really.
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Exactly.
WTF? :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 05:48 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/PRESTI.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Well if Sam like Beno - maybe he can take him to Seattle with him and send Earl Watson to SA. :)

Spurs Brazil
06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
That'll be good

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
D'oh!

Kori Ellis
06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Take Francisco Elson and send Squatch in return.

Phenomanul
06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I've got a little rhyme for the ocasion.

"If we win, let's deny Presti the Ring..."

timvp
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Take Francisco Elson and send Squatch in return.

Harsh.

timvp
06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
The Spurs would probably have to throw in a second rounder.

:smokin

Johnny_Blaze_47
Harsh.

I think you're just upset you didn't think of it first.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Well if Sam like Beno - maybe he can take him to Seattle with him and send Earl Watson to SA. :)
Please. The last thing we need is a PG who can defend. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
The Spurs would probably have to throw in a second rounder.

Now that's more like it.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I've got a little rhyme for the ocasion.

"If we win, let's deny Presti the Ring..."Rhyme?

timvp
06-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd be interested in knowing Pop's take on this situation. I'm sure he'll compliment Presti but I've seriously never heard of someone associated with an NBA team jumping ship during a playoff run.

Presti couldn't have told them to hold off on the press conference for a couple weeks?

Ocotillo
06-06-2007, 06:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Seinfeld_s7e6.jpg

NO RING FOR YOU!!!!

Ocotillo
06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd be interested in knowing Pop's take on this situation. I'm sure he'll compliment Presti but I've seriously never heard of someone associated with an NBA team jumping ship during a playoff run.

Presti couldn't have told them to hold off on the press conference for a couple weeks?

That is unusual. Orlando is trying to hire Stan Van Gundy now that Donovan backed out, none of the teams are left in the playoffs yet Riles is wanting some compensation. Pop lets Seattle speak with Presti and out of courtesy, Presti could have accepted the offer and held off on announcing until the season is over.

L.I.T
06-06-2007, 06:07 PM
If the guy is making impolitic blunders now...

PM5K
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
It's one thing to let things go down how they did, but to allow it to happen with a team in our conference, it's just absurd...

Budkin
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Bye bye Sam... and go fuck yourself.

Phenomanul
06-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Rhyme?

Ok... so more of a phrase....

Das Texan
06-06-2007, 06:14 PM

sign the dotted line today.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
God people, chill out.

Now Presti's some kind of antichrist?

Good luck, Sam, and thanks for helping bring multiple championships to the team and city.

itzsoweezee
06-06-2007, 06:45 PM
he's got to plan for the draft, coming in three weeks. it's understandable why it had to be done now.

timvp
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
God people, chill out.

Good luck, Sam, and thanks for helping bring multiple championships to the team and city.

It'd be like after you take Ludden's job if you quit to go write for the Plain Dealer in the middle of the Finals.

timvp
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
he's got to plan for the draft, coming in three weeks. it's understandable why it had to be done now.

The bad thing is he was the one in charge of planning for the Spurs draft. Now he goes to Seattle where his two second round picks are before the Spurs two second round picks.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
So we are to assume that Sam's picks were going to be good ones?

The picture is becoming more and more clear.

ducks
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
are the sonic needs the same as the spurs

QUESTION

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
The bad thing is he was the one in charge of planning for the Spurs draft. Now he goes to Seattle where his two second round picks are before the Spurs two second round picks.

I guess we get Jared Jordan and that undersized Ukrainian power forward now. Oh well.

easjer
06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
God people, chill out.

He's not the anti-christ, and of course he should look out for the best situation for him and his family.

But this was handled very poorly, and I am legitimately concerned about how this affects our draft options, given how much he must know about our plans. If nothing else, this should not have been announced, even if it was understood, on the eve of the goddamn NBA Finals.

ducks
06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Who Will Take His Place

Mr Body?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
It'd be like after you take Ludden's job if you quit to go write for the Plain Dealer in the middle of the Finals.

He's taking Ferry's job? :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I'll agree with everybody about the draft problems, but that was going to be a problem regardless of when they announced.

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 07:05 PM
At least we won't be surprised if Seattle picks some obscure Euro with the #2 overall pick.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 07:08 PM
At least we won't be surprised if Seattle picks some obscure Euro with the #2 overall pick.

Kevino Duranta?

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Kevino Duranta?

There aren't enough extraneous hard consanants in that guy's name -- maybe a kid like Kzeviun Hduravantov

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Who Will Take His Place

Mr Body?

Are you nominating or am I picking?

If I'm in charge of the draft I'm looking exclusively at soccer players reknowned at diving.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
It would be a shocker if Seattle was able to get Gregorio Odenski.

timvp
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I'll agree with everybody about the draft problems, but that was going to be a problem regardless of when they announced.

When Ferry was hired in 2005 by the Cavs, he waited to make it official after the Finals and then promised the Spurs that he wouldn't select the player the Spurs wanted (Mahinmi).

We'll see if Presti makes such a promise as well.

spursincharge
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Just realize that there's probably another brain child somewhere in the Spurs organization ready to step in for Presti. I'm sure Presti had an understudy who he trained. Now it's the next geniuses chance to shine.

I nominate myself.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
The Spurs will introduce Internets Message Board as their new assistant general manager after the Finals.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Hope Presti knows a good doublewide dealer in Okie City.

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
The Spurs will introduce Internets Message Board as their new assistant general manager after the Finals.

:hungry:

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Actually, they own the 31 and 35, which means our 33 is only behind one of their picks.

Maybe that's why they brought Kyle Visser so quickly in for a workout... so Presti will wind up drafting Kyle Fucking Visser.

exstatic
06-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Sam is going to find out that being a GM is more than running and scouting a draft. He's going to have to clean out that locker room full of heads to even make the playoffs, and try not to get ass-raped in the process. I'm sure all of the other GMs will be dying to help out the flavor of the month.

El_Mago
06-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't see the big deal.

Presti more than likely expressed the situation to the Spurs, and especially RC and Pop.

Certainly, Pop and RC understood and like someone posted before....why is he needed during the finals? The GM is RC.

Under the circumstances Seattle is in.....they are in dire need of a GM immediately.

Presti is a smart guy, and knows he the more time he can get in evaluating players, trading players, and selecting players for Seattle...the better chances he has in starting strong and making an impact as Seattles GM.....I am sure Pop and RC understand his situation.

Thanks Sam, for helping keep our franchise stable.

Good luck in Seattle.

ploto
06-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I am certain that Sam did all of this with full knowledge of Pop and the Spurs. He is not a coach- he is a front office person, and Seattle had waited as long as they could for him. I can not believe the venom on here for this guy. Whatever happened to "it's a business." Like I said before, when it is convenient for what the Spurs do- it is a business. When someone else does it- he is a traitor.

Sam Presti is probably the most intelligent guy who works for the Spurs. He is very prepared to be a GM in this league. He did a whole lot more than scout and help in drafting players. He was vital in handling the cap situation and the structuring of contracts. Not only will he be missed, but don't be surprised at others in the organization who may follow. Like with Ferry, he probably promised not to reveal any draft secrets but if you remember properly, Ferry said when he got to Cleveland that they had Ian already on their draft board.

I wish Sam well.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh, no! First Rasho, now Sam! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif

mattyc
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Poor form from Presti.

ploto
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh, no! First Rasho, now Sam! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif
Hey- don't be surprised when Rasho lands in Seattle with Presti and PJ. :p:

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rasho traded again.

T Park
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey- don't be surprised when Rasho lands in Seattle with Presti and PJ

so then they will have 4 centers that suck complete ass.

Bad form by Presti.

Pop's scorn will be the best karma repaid though.

easjer
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I am certain that Sam did all of this with full knowledge of Pop and the Spurs. He is not a coach- he is a front office person, and Seattle had waited as long as they could for him. I can not believe the venom on here for this guy. Whatever happened to "it's a business." Like I said before, when it is convenient for what the Spurs do- it is a business. When someone else does it- he is a traitor.

Sam Presti is probably the most intelligent guy who works for the Spurs. He is very prepared to be a GM in this league. He did a whole lot more than scout and help in drafting players. He was vital in handling the cap situation and the structuring of contracts. Not only will he be missed, but don't be surprised at others in the organization who may follow. Like with Ferry, he probably promised not to reveal any draft secrets but if you remember properly, Ferry said when he got to Cleveland that they had Ian already on their draft board.

I wish Sam well.

It has nothing to do with his leaving (though that sucks, as far as I'm concerned) and everything to do with the way it was handled. Plain and simple - bad form. Poor decision.

So fuck him for leaving on the eve of the Finals.

Not for leaving (that is business and he's not a traitor to do what is best for him) - but for the way he's leaving. So Klassy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
It's bad form for leaving when he is.

Of course, I could also see Spurs management saying 'go ahead, leave' with Holt's blessing. Hey - one less championship ring they have to spring for at $20K a pop :lol

The only thing that worries me about this is, like others have mentioned, is Presti was neck deep in our draft plans. I don't like it unless he made an agreement (and honors it) with Pop and R.C. not to divulge those plans.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 11:09 PM
The Spurs are trading that shit so who cares?

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Of course the Spurs made him agree to not draft their targets. One less competitor.

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Spurs may have already decided to use the 33 to trade up, if they're so hot on Pruitt. Or they could have already sold the damn pick off.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Since when were they looking at Pruitt?

The Truth #6
06-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I suppose there is an opposite way to look at this which is by Presti quitting now instead of after the Finals when the draft is even closer, this gives us more time to prepare for the draft, if that makes any sense. I'm not saying we have a new assistant GM already in place but anything is possible and this at least makes clear what the situation is going to be.

Presti's departure has been speculated for a few months. Knowing early could better help us prepare for the draft.

Nonetheless, his timing sure makes him look like a turd.

timvp
06-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Sonics hire Presti away from Spurs
Johnny Ludden
Express-News

If the Cleveland Cavaliers are indeed "Spurs East" then the Seattle Supersonics could soon become "Spurs West."

The Sonics hired Spurs assistant general manager Sam Presti as their general manager Wednesday.

After joining the Spurs as a $250-a-month intern in the summer of 2000, Presti worked his way up through the organization, becoming one of the franchise's most valuable advisers. He becomes the NBA's youngest general manager at 30 years old.

"It's a well-deserved opportunity and one that Sam has prepared for diligently from the day I first met him," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said.

Sonics owner Clay Bennett, a former minority owner of the Spurs, met with Presti last week in Orlando, Fla. They met again Wednesday in Colorado Springs, Colo., with Seattle's president of basketball operations, Lenny Wilkens.

The team is expected to announce the hiring today.

Presti declined to comment. He is expected to assume day-to-day control of the Sonics' basketball operations.

The Spurs now have another opening in their front office just two years after former director of basketball operations Danny Ferry left to become Cleveland's general manager.

"We'll figure out a way to move forward as a basketball operations department because we've all worked hard to put a system in place that fits the value of our organization and the culture of our team," Buford said. "The hardest part in all of this is the relationships you have as people, and Sam and I have worked very close for a long time."

Presti built an intricate scouting database for the Spurs, assisted in the drafting of Tony Parker and helped put together last summer's trade that sent Rasho Nesterovic to Toronto for Matt Bonner and Eric Williams.

He leaves the Spurs only three weeks before the draft.

"There's always some concerns when you lose a trusted confidant, and Sam has been the architect of our process for the last two years," Buford said. "But I have great confidence in our group and our system."

Ferry unsuccessfully tried to lure Presti to Cleveland.

"After working with him, it's surprising he gets stereotyped as a numbers guy," Ferry said. "He's an extremely intelligent person, but a basketball junkie and he has a great feel for a game."

timvp
06-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Interesting that there were no quotes from Pop. :stirpot:

And Buford quotes were basically saying he was a good guy but we can get over it. Not exactly glowing remarks.

We'll see how it plays out but so far, it doesn't exactly see like the Spurs are overly happy for him. I'm sure if the Spurs had their druthers, they would have had Presti wait 10 days or two weeks or whatever for this series to be over.

But hey, he did ship off Rasho so that fact should get ploto off his bandwagon.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm calling it right now. He will be fired within 2 seasons.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 11:49 PM
From intern to GM in 7 years is pretty darn impressive.

baseline bum
06-07-2007, 12:07 AM
'Eh, it's not like he was going to go out and sign a long three for the Finals. Congrats to Sam for getting a position as a GM.

MrChug
06-07-2007, 12:27 AM
FTP...

ploto
06-07-2007, 01:41 AM
But hey, he did ship off Rasho so that fact should get ploto off his bandwagon.
At Holt's command.

Interesting that there were no quotes from Pop. :stirpot:

Just like there were no quotes from Pop when the Spurs traded Rasho?

ploto
06-07-2007, 01:43 AM
It's in full swing- the Spurs PR machine that will make it look like Sam meant nothing now that he is gone.

T Park
06-07-2007, 01:48 AM

at holt's command

yeah im sure Holt came into the office in june

"Trade that Nesterovic dude would ya?"

Christ....

ploto
06-07-2007, 02:03 AM
at holt's command

yeah im sure Holt came into the office in june

"Trade that Nesterovic dude would ya?"

Actually Holt wanted Rasho traded the summer before, but Pop went to bat for Rasho and convinced Holt to give it another year. I don't care if you believe me or not.

timvp
06-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Actually Holt wanted Rasho traded the summer before, but Pop went to bat for Rasho and convinced Holt to give it another year. I don't care if you believe me or not.

:rolleyes

Holt couldn't pick Rasho out of a police lineup. Holt gives the Spurs salary parameters but didn't get involved in whether the Spurs should or shouldn't keep Rasho.

It's a straight up lie if you are trying to say different.

T Park
06-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Holt couldn't pick Rasho out of a police lineup.

thank you

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Presti's record is a mixed bag. We'll probably do the same hit-and-miss picks and trading away that we've always done.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Presti's record is a mixed bag. We'll probably do the same hit-and-miss picks and trading away that we've always done.

The thing that will be missed more is his salary cap and contract work, moreso than his physical scouting I think.

rayray2k8
06-07-2007, 03:36 AM
FTP...
I got it!!
Fuck that Puto!!

MrChug
06-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I got it!!
Fuck that Puto!!

:lol :lol :lol

:toast YOU GOT IT!!

timvp
05-25-2012, 04:06 AM

Never forget.

tesseractive
05-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Was there ever any more insight into and what terms he left under with the rest of the front office? It does seem like a weird deal.

ploto
05-25-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm calling it right now. He will be fired within 2 seasons.

lefty
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Never forget.
" Stop bumping old threads " :cry :cry :cry

- Kori

spursfaninla
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
You do wonder about how appropriate it was to leave during the finals. But obviously he did not matter much to the Spurs play in the finals, so I guess it was ok.

He has done well for them, but since then we have done ok as well.