PDA

View Full Version : Finals & Term Papers

iminlakerland
12-02-2004, 07:45 AM
I hate this time of year. Im sick of having to write multiple term papers. Of course im a procrastinator and well leave all this shit to the last minute but damn. Having to write a 15 page paper on a damn magazine and its articles and ads. Damnit. Its 4:45 am im taking my ass to sleep. Good morning to you all in San Antonio. And thank you all for letting me vent

peace!

SpursWoman
12-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Good luck with your papers!

I always seemed to do a lot better when I put it off until the last minute. Maybe adrenaline sparks creativity?

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Works for me, SW.

I've had to film a commerical for a student service on campus that's due on 6 Dec, and I just wrapped up filming Tuesday night.

I have most of it done except for recording the audio track and cliping that in behind it. Hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow during the day.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 11:23 AM
I love papers. Mainly because I view them as just another way to use my loud opinionated mouth, only on paper.

Most people I know freak out during finals though.

GoldToe
12-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Humm, looks like college isn't teaching students how to properly manage their time. Procrastinating in the real world can lead you to hear Donald Trump's famous words.

"You're Fired!".

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-02-2004, 11:39 AM
College students who properly manage time?

Ha!

*Fired up ESPN NCAA College Hoops after the Spurs game and after finishing the video on my commerical - without laying the audio down*

ducks
12-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I can write them for you :spin

Duff McCartney
12-02-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't get why most people freak out but I know alot of them do. But finals are sometimes fun.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, to be quite fair, your first year or so will not usually have the same kind of finals that you get in later classes. I can see where a final for American History woudln't freak me out as much as one for History of Religion in the US.

iminlakerland
12-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Finals and papers do not freak me out. To me its just another hassle you gotta get through before u get that damn paper. Ive had to deal with deadlines and thats not a problem with me in the work place.

Im a junior in college and im stuck in some of the worst classes this semester due to the fact that i had a shitty registration date. Next semester isnt looking very good at all. My motivation is non existant lol so i do it because i have to not because i really want to.

Oh well enough of this bitch rant. I turned my two papers in got one more to turn in tomorrow and take care of them bitch ass finals next week.

Oh by the way i have to go to winter session :( to take Statistics again! What kinda crap is this? I passed the class a year and a half ago with a B+ but because i took it from the Psychology department they wont except it it has to be through the math department. So i get to spend 5 weeks of my break taking a class that i already passed.

baseline bum
12-03-2004, 01:52 AM
Oh by the way i have to go to winter session to take Statistics again! What kinda crap is this? I passed the class a year and a half ago with a B+ but because i took it from the Psychology department they wont except it it has to be through the math department. So i get to spend 5 weeks of my break taking a class that i already passed.

I'll get you an A+ for $50 per exam :spin

timvp
12-03-2004, 02:12 AM
I can write them for you :spin

What is school?

:drunk

iminlakerland
12-03-2004, 05:21 AM
I'll get you an A+ for $50 per exam :spin

Deal

MannyIsGod
12-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Statistics was a bitch. I hated that class.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Just missed on having to take stats in the Mass Comm sequence since I originally fell under the 1999 catalog.

Yes!

iminlakerland
12-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Yea i hate this catalogue bullshit. Because i transfered here a semester after i need to take Business Calculus as well. I hate how some of this crap is set up.

But on the bright side All the term papers are done :)

2 finals monday and one more on Thursday and im done!

2Blonde
12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
I didn't mind Statistics, but I absolutely hated Organic Chemistry. Kinda weird since my major was chemistry. But that was the only part of chemistry I disliked.

...2Blonde

SequSpur
12-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I am doing this unknown microorganism project for Microbiology. We had to identify 10 organisms, it requires sending emails back and forth with the professor. I narrowed all 10 tests down to the exact organism only to tell me that I had 4 of them wrong. Then I look at the rationale as to why and the professor changed the results to all 4 of them. I called her on it and am waiting on a response.

:makemyday

T Park
12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
College was alright for me.

I liked my classes and looked forward to going to new classes like, Intro to Criminal Justice.

Forensic Science focus in criminalistics.

I was thinking of becoming a CSI. For real.

iminlakerland
12-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Criminal Justice classes were fun for me as well :)

SequSpur
12-06-2004, 12:04 AM
I am doing this unknown microorganism project for Microbiology. We had to identify 10 organisms, it requires sending emails back and forth with the professor. I narrowed all 10 tests down to the exact organism only to tell me that I had 4 of them wrong. Then I look at the rationale as to why and the professor changed the results to all 4 of them. I called her on it and am waiting on a response.

:makemyday

Um... I got my response.

I SCORED! 10 out of 10. Also, my project will be posted next semester as an example of how to do the project. HA! Just Eat it!

So, I assume I get a 100%!

Monday night is the final! I hope I do well on that, its been tough though. Those damn Slovenians poking fun at me on the Spurs board. Ain't had time to go put them in their place. It's on hold for now.

Recognize.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Congrats.

I've had a small (big) problem with my PSA. My microphone is not working, so I can't record the audio for the PSA.

Other than that, it looks good and should secure me an "A" in Video Production.

2Blonde
12-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Um... I got my response.

I SCORED! 10 out of 10. Also, my project will be posted next semester as an example of how to do the project. HA! Just Eat it!

Monday night is the final! I hope I do well on that, its been tough though. Those damn Slovenians poking fun at me on the Spurs board. Ain't had time to go put them in their place. It's on hold for now.

Recognize.
Way to go Sequ :elephant :elephant

...2Blonde

Shelly
12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
I didn't mind Statistics, but I absolutely hated Organic Chemistry. Kinda weird since my major was chemistry. But that was the only part of chemistry I disliked.

...2Blonde

I remember that my husband also hated Organic Chemistry also.

Good job, Sequ!

Duff McCartney
12-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I got my final term paper for English finished. It was about music piracy on the internet. Now I just have two test to go...Bio and Math....with another paper due on wednesday for History.

SpursWoman
12-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Um... I got my response.

Recognize.

Awesome! :elephant

2Blonde
12-06-2004, 04:26 PM
I got my final term paper for English finished. It was about music piracy on the internet. Now I just have two test to go...Bio and Math....with another paper due on wednesday for History.
Speaking of music piracy on the internet....What are the best websites to download music from (legally). My husband is looking for some alternate sites to download songs for his mp3.

...2Blonde

Shelly
12-06-2004, 04:27 PM
ircspy

SpursWoman
12-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Napster has a pretty decent (pay) service...

Duff McCartney
12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Kazaa lite...I still use it.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2004, 06:02 PM
You guys bitching about writing term papers ought to try it with a typewriter instead of a word processor.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2004, 06:13 PM
You guys bitching about writing term papers ought to try it with a typewriter instead of a word processor.

I thought you were doing it on slabs of stone.

iminlakerland
12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
wooohooo 3 finals down 1 more to go on thursday! Rot in hell Fall 2004!

:elephant

SpursWoman
12-06-2004, 06:18 PM

I had to do mine on a typewriter, too. :flipoff :cuss

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I thought you were doing it on slabs of stone.

:lmao

no shit! It feels like it now!

even worse I had to do my first year of engineering (calculus, physics, engineering structures etc.) with a fucking slide rule...deriving square roots manually, etc....

TI had just come out with the basic calculator (+,-,X,divide/square root) for about $200 but those arrogant, pontificating, POS prick engineering professors claimed that using a calculator was cheating..

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
:lmao

no shit! It feels like it now!

even worse I had to do my first year of engineering (calculus, physics, engineering structures etc.) with a fucking slide rule...deriving square roots manually, etc....

TI had just come out with the basic calculator (+,-,X,divide/square root) for about $200 but those arrogant, pontificating, POS prick engineering professors claimed that using a calculator was cheating..

Slide? Rule? Math?

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2004, 06:47 PM
antiques buddy...

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/AZ/SlideRule.jpg

Duff McCartney
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
For me it's amazing how weird things change in math mostly. In the first few grades...you had to find the answer...and that was all that mattered. Then later on in middle/high school....the main point was showing your work. Which is I guess a kinda sublimanal way of saying that it actually matters how you get the answer which I think is garbage. The answer is all the matters.

Shelly
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
^^^^^I wonder how much you could get for that on Ebay?

baseline bum
12-06-2004, 09:35 PM
That's because math gets a lot more complicated when you get out of grade school. What are you going to do? Give someone a zero on an exam for throwing in an incorrect negative sign or for messing up on a trig identity?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2004, 09:40 PM
That's because math gets a lot more complicated when you get out of grade school. What are you going to do? Give someone a zero on an exam for throwing in an incorrect negative sign or for messing up on a trig identity?

Man, all I can say is Thank God I have a love for investigative journalism.

MannyIsGod
12-06-2004, 09:46 PM
For me it's amazing how weird things change in math mostly. In the first few grades...you had to find the answer...and that was all that mattered. Then later on in middle/high school....the main point was showing your work. Which is I guess a kinda sublimanal way of saying that it actually matters how you get the answer which I think is garbage. The answer is all the matters.

No dumbass, it's a way of saying you need to understand the process of solving the problem.

E20
12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
I gotta a perfect plan. Go to highschool go to college. Get a job at the local grocery store live in a condo for the rest of my life.

Duff McCartney
12-06-2004, 10:47 PM
No dumbass, it's a way of saying you need to understand the process of solving the problem.

But what matters is the answer.

MannyIsGod
12-06-2004, 10:56 PM

Fine, you tell that to your first Calc professor and let he or she lecture you on it.

Duff McCartney
12-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Fine, you tell that to your first Calc professor and let he or she lecture you on it.

Uh alright...

Guru of Nothing
12-06-2004, 11:15 PM

Duff, you are short-sighted. Of course the answer is what matters; BUT, HOW you get the answer is ALL about the learning process. "Showing your work" is for the student's benefit, nothing more, nothing less.

I promise you - once you leave the academic world, no one will give a shit how you solve an equation (unless perhaps you are an actuary).

Duff McCartney
12-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Duff, you are short-sighted. Of course the answer is what matters; BUT, HOW you get the answer is ALL about the learning process. "Showing your work" is for the student's benefit, nothing more, nothing less.

I promise you - once you leave the academic world, no one will give a shit how you solve an equation (unless perhaps you are an actuary).

That's my point....if once you leave school nobody gives a crap how you solve the problem any problem just the result, why do they even tell you to show your work?

MannyIsGod
12-07-2004, 12:30 AM
That's my point....if once you leave school nobody gives a crap how you solve the problem any problem just the result, why do they even tell you to show your work?

For one to make sure that you're actually doing the work?

Most of the crap you learn in college will never be used in real life, but that's part of being an educated person.