PDA

View Full Version : Amare sticks to his guns: Spurs dirty, Suns should be in finals

Pages : [1] 2

SammyDavis
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
A sight for Suns fans' sore eyes
06/05/2007 06:48 PM
Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw were back on the court Tuesday.

Once the Suns finished up their draft workout, Stoudemire and Diaw took to the court. Stoudemire did some one-on-one work with assistant coach Phil Weber while Diaw, fresh off a Rocky Point trip, got in some exercises with strength and conditioning coach Erik Phillips.

From then on, Stoudemire and Diaw both worked out with Weber for about a hour on ballhandling and shooting and pledged to return together Wednesday to do it again. Stoudemire was really getting after it too, as if it was training camp. He had taken a much-needed break since the end of a season in which only a suspension sidelined him and his surgically repaired knees.

Arizona State University's new BMOC (STAT is taking a couple of summer classes there; he said he is interested in history) also was coming off an appearance on Fox Sports' Best Damn Sports Show Period on Monday night.

With the help of friend Brett Hansen over at FSN Arizona, here were some of Stoudemire's comments from Monday's show. He had a tough chore following Jessica Alba but he held his own.

On whether the Spurs are dirty: “I think so. I think there are times where they are – they get dirty out there. But, it is the playoffs, so I guess you to live with it. I think they definitely had a few dirty players out there on the court.”

On whether the Suns would be in the NBA Finals if he had not been suspended in Game 5 of the conference finals: “I think so. I think game five is definitely one of the most important games of a series and with me not being able to play in game five, it definitely hurt us. We definitely had a chance to win still, but I wish I could have played that game and it probably would have changed the outcome.”

On whether the NBA should have looked at the rule (leaving the bench) subjectively: “I was going in more as a peace maker type of a approach. I caught myself too once I stepped on the court – I caught myself for a second because I didn’t play last year and I forgot about the rule and I was just reacting off of a natural reaction. I think you should take a look at it (the rule) and try to tweak it -- you can’t change it too much because you want to keep teams away from the altercation.”

On his summer plans: “I am going to summer school at ASU. I always wanted to go to school, but it was so easy for me to not go to school once I got drafted out of high school. My summer has been so hectic from World Games and different types of events going on in the summer, it was always tough for me to go to school. Now I have a chance to go back and I am going to go ahead and give it a shot.”

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
They just won't give up, will they? I am so fucking sick of their whining bullshit.

-Mars

L.I.T
You mean he wasn't checking in? Ahhhh...fuck it.

ChumpDumper
Stay near the bench.

LilMissSPURfect
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
You mean he wasn't checking in? Ahhhh...fuck it.

pos no te di go <<<<(spanglish) <<< :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :cry :cry :cry :cry

ATXSPUR
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
hilarious

easjer
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Whatever it takes to sleep at night, Amare. Just keep telling yourself it's not your fault, that you had a natural reaction that no one else in 10+ years has had, and that the Spurs are dirty so that you don't have to focus on the fact that you lost the crucial game 6 when we were down a man. Whatever it takes to sleep at night man.

koopa
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
lol @ him saying he was gonna be a peace maker........ bull shit, no one runs out on the court to be a peace maker, there was enough ppl already on the court to do that, he was gonna go in stephen jackson style and he knows it

and i guess he forgets he has a bitch ass dirty teammate in raja bell

amare is a bitch, i used to like him, but i can't stand when players run to the media and whine.........

PM5K
06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
I think these comments show the difference between great players, and Amare, because we all know great players wouldn't be making these statements.

Of course those same great players probably wouldn't have left the bench.

It's funny that he is still trying to make excuses, saying he didn't play last year, which is irrelevant because the rule has been in place for a lot longer than that...

Budkin
06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
:lmao Amare is a chump.

HJNTX
06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Amare will forever be remembered as a woosy...He is probably my least favorite player in the entire league .. Yuck! :vomit:

Johnny RIngo
Amare's always been a whiny bitch. Imagine if he played in this era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXk9EwRJVI

That fucking pansy wouldn't last 5 minutes.

exstatic
So..Amare missed the playoffs last year, and that's why he didn't know about a rule that's been in place for many years?

The Suns will never win with excuse makers like this as their core.

Johnny_Blaze_47
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3916/t1stoudemireix9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Spurs>mavs
06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Lol.

SammyDavis
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Of course those same great players probably wouldn't have left the bench.

I disagree. I think if someone from the Suns had cheap-shotted Tony Parker in front of the Spurs bench then Duncan would have been on the floor. Hell, he went on the floor during the potential or non-altercation earlier in the game (Bowen had to pull him back), so obviously he would have done it during the real deal and especially for a top player. It's just a natural human reaction. The point of the rule is to prevent fights, so it succeeded; flexibility should be applied to its enforcement, as it was with Duncan, taking into account whether the player actually joined the altercation or caught himself after the initial, instinctual response. These aren't robots they're human beings.

I'm surprised you guys are arguing this. I would have thought you'd have liked to beat the Suns full strength rather than have an asterix next to your title.

SpursFanFirst
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
On whether the Suns would be in the NBA Finals if he had not been suspended in Game 5 of the conference finals: “I think so. I think game five is definitely one of the most important games of a series and with me not being able to play in game five, it definitely hurt us. We definitely had a chance to win still, but I wish I could have played that game and it probably would have changed the outcome.”

He certainly thinks a lot of himself. :rolleyes

On whether the NBA should have looked at the rule (leaving the bench) subjectively: “I was going in more as a peace maker type of a approach. I caught myself too once I stepped on the court – I caught myself for a second because I didn’t play last year and I forgot about the rule and I was just reacting off of a natural reaction. I think you should take a look at it (the rule) and try to tweak it -- you can’t change it too much because you want to keep teams away from the altercation.”

Ummm...I thought he was "checking into the game." :huh

Time.
To.
Move.
O-N!!

HJNTX
06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Let the punk wish ..He's not in the real world .... :rolleyes

LilMissSPURfect
06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I disagree. I think if someone from the Suns had cheap-shotted Tony Parker in front of the Spurs bench then Duncan would have been on the floor. Hell, he went on the floor during the potential or non-altercation earlier in the game (Bowen had to pull him back), so obviously he would have done it during the real deal and especially for a top player. It's just a natural human reaction. The point of the rule is to prevent fights, so it succeeded; flexibility should be applied to its enforcement, as it was with Duncan, taking into account whether the player actually joined the altercation or caught himself after the initial, instinctual response. These aren't robots they're human beings.

I'm surprised you guys are arguing this. I would have thought you'd have liked to beat the Suns full strength rather than have an asterix next to your title.

I thought the spurs beat them at full strength as well!!!!! game 1 game 6 :dizzy

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Why are Phoenix fans disguising themselves as Celtics/Jazz/Cavs fans?

ducks
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
sHUT THE fuck UP AMARE

td4mvp21
06-06-2007, 08:07 PM
:lol Raja Bell isn't exactly Mr. Nice Guy. I guess playing physical in this day and age is playing "dirty". What I still laugh about and find ironic is that after Horry's foul, the altercation started because Bell, Nash, and other Suns players ran over to Horry and had to be separated. Horry was walking away to the bench.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

THERE IS NO FUCKING ASTERIX. WE WON GAME 6 FAIR AND SQUARE. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

-Mars

td4mvp21
06-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Why are Phoenix fans disguising themselves as Celtics/Jazz/Cavs fans?

They are pussies, just like the Suns players.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
The only thing clear out of all this is that Amare Stoudemire doesn't have the mental toughness to be a champion.

So, he's in the right city.

Useruser666
06-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Geez I had to log in on for this topic.

Why are people still comparing the Nash/Horry incident with Duncan and Bowen being on the court earlier in the game? They are NOT the same thing!!! Duncan was already standing as Elson dunked the ball, not after Elson and the Sun's player made contact. Duncan was cheering on Elson's play, not rushing in after an altercation. There is a BIG difference between the two. If people are going to trumpet their comparisons over and over again, they should at least watch a replay first.

Sure the Suns could have used all their players in game five. But it is their players' own fault. If they followed the rules they could have faced the Spurs without Horry for the rest of the series.

ChumpDumper
I disagree. I think if someone from the Suns had cheap-shotted Tony Parker in front of the Spurs bench then Duncan would have been on the floor. Hell, he went on the floor during the potential or non-altercation earlier in the game (Bowen had to pull him back), so obviously he would have done it during the real deal and especially for a top player. It's just a natural human reaction. The point of the rule is to prevent fights, so it succeeded; flexibility should be applied to its enforcement, as it was with Duncan, taking into account whether the player actually joined the altercation or caught himself after the initial, instinctual response. These aren't robots they're human beings.There was no altercation when Duncan went out there.

Please rewrite the rule in a way that will allow a player to run 20 feet away from the bench onto the court and try not to look foolish.

Johnny RIngo
They are pussies, just like the Suns players.

Figured as much. Probably why they ban everybody on their garbage Arizonafagfans site.

yavozerb
06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I love it, 1 damn game cost them the series!!Maybe he should have played better in the other 3 spurs victories!!

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
:baby

JMarkJohns
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Can I ask why so many Spurs fans are bashing the Suns fans who can't let go, but then seemingly revel in the joy of not letting go themselves?

Just let it go...

Avitus1
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Someone call the Whabulance

picnroll
06-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I didn’t play last year and I forgot about the rule :lmao

ducks
06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
If Amare Was Not Stoned Half The Time He Would Have Not Forgotten The Rule
He Was Reminded Of The Rule The First Time Suns Had Practiced

ducks
06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Strach That 3/4 Of The Time Amare Is Stoned

PM5K
06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
The only thing clear out of all this is that Amare Stoudemire doesn't have the mental toughness to be a champion.

So, he's in the right city.

I agree..

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh, for the love of God...as much as the word is bandied around here (both Spurs and non-Spurs fans), spell it correctly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=asterisk

asterisk

fijian_cholo
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
sore losers

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 08:31 PM
For all of the complaining about the rule and its absolutist penalties, the NBA owners did exactly what Sarver had asked that they do: they took a look at the rule. Unfortunately for Sarver, the Suns, and apoplectic Suns apologists, the rule remains in place -- the owners voted to keep the rule in place as is, meaning that there still is no room for subjective determinations of player intent.

Next year, Amare and Diaw would be suspended for exactly the same thing -- that's the way the NBA owners want it.

spurastic
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Dim witted Amare. Did you expect anything else from him?

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
For all of the complaining about the rule and its absolutist penalties, the NBA owners did exactly what Sarver had asked that they do: they took a look at the rule. Unfortunately for Sarver, the Suns, and apoplectic Suns apologists, the rule remains in place -- the owners voted to keep the rule in place as is, meaning that there still is no room for subjective determinations of player intent.

Next year, Amare and Diaw would be suspended for exactly the same thing -- that's the way the NBA owners want it.

i do believe the suns whiners just got PWNT!

-Mars

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 08:36 PM
If this was the Suns forum the topic would probably be closed after a minute and the topic creator would most likely be "banned for life". Suns fans would then commence in their nightly circle jerk after all "intruders" are banned. Must suck living in communist/racist Arizona. At least free speech is advocated over here at Spurstalk.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I thought the spurs beat them at full strength as well!!!!! game 1 game 6

And game 3.

Shred
06-06-2007, 08:47 PM

That said: Amare, buddy, the law's the law. You break it, you gotta pay. We can't be expect our prosecutors, judges or commissioners to exercise discretion. ZERO TOLERANCE.

Judge to rule Monday on teen imprisoned for consensual sex (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/stories/2007/06/05/0605genarlow.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13)

Wilson says he regrets some of the things he did at a raunchy New Year's Even party in 2003 that put him in the national spotlight.

But he argues his 10-year prison sentence was too harsh for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17.

"Some of the decisions I made were not some of the best ones," Wilson said in an interview this week at the Burruss Correctional Training Center, where he is being held with no chance of parole.

"Just being a teenager, you know, you got to make a lot of mistakes, but you have to learn from them. I don't feel like one mistake should cost me ten years in prison and a lifetime on the sex offender registry. I want to be able to go to school and have kids."

Wilson was originally charged with raping a 17-year-old at the party, but was acquitted. He was ultimately found guilty of aggravated child molestation involving the 15-year-old girl. Four other male youths at the party pleaded guilty to child molestation of the 15-year-old and sexual battery of the 17-year-old. A fifth pleaded guilty to false imprisonment. Their party was captured on a profanity-laden and sexually graphic video filmed by one of the five.

Louie Vega
06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I disagree. I think if someone from the Suns had cheap-shotted Tony Parker in front of the Spurs bench then Duncan would have been on the floor.

Typical comment coming from a bitter Celtic's fan! Full strength? The Spurs beat the Suns 3 times with Amare and Boris and once without! The Spurs beat the Suns once while not at full strenght while Horry had to sit out 2 games! You're just mad cause your lowly Celtic's won't be picking at #1..........AGAIN ! ! ! ! !

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM

That said, the law's the law. You break it, you gotta pay. We can't be expect our prosecutors, judges or commissioners to exercise discretion. ZERO TOLERANCE.

Judge to rule Monday on teen imprisoned for consensual sex (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/stories/2007/06/05/0605genarlow.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13)

Wilson says he regrets some of the things he did at a raunchy New Year's Even party in 2003 that put him in the national spotlight.

But he argues his 10-year prison sentence was too harsh for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17.

"Some of the decisions I made were not some of the best ones," Wilson said in an interview this week at the Burruss Correctional Training Center, where he is being held with no chance of parole.

"Just being a teenager, you know, you got to make a lot of mistakes, but you have to learn from them. I don't feel like one mistake should cost me ten years in prison and a lifetime on the sex offender registry. I want to be able to go to school and have kids."

Wilson was originally charged with raping a 17-year-old at the party, but was acquitted. He was ultimately found guilty of aggravated child molestation involving the 15-year-old girl. Four other male youths at the party pleaded guilty to child molestation of the 15-year-old and sexual battery of the 17-year-old. A fifth pleaded guilty to false imprisonment. Their party was captured on a profanity-laden and sexually graphic video filmed by one of the five.I predict . . . a legal career is not in your future.

duncan228
06-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Will it never end?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 08:50 PM

That said: Amare, buddy, the law's the law. You break it, you gotta pay. We can't be expect our prosecutors, judges or commissioners to exercise discretion. ZERO TOLERANCE.

Wilson was originally charged with raping a 17-year-old at the party, but was acquitted. He was ultimately found guilty of aggravated child molestation involving the 15-year-old girl. Four other male youths at the party pleaded guilty to child molestation of the 15-year-old and sexual battery of the 17-year-old. A fifth pleaded guilty to false imprisonment. Their party was captured on a profanity-laden and sexually graphic video filmed by one of the five.

And as wrong as I believe the facts in this case are, the legislature changed the law and the courts have ruled it can't be applied retroactively.

Take a minute, is this really the real world event you'd like to be the crux of your dated argument?

td4mvp21
06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Can I ask why so many Spurs fans are bashing the Suns fans who can't let go, but then seemingly revel in the joy of not letting go themselves?

Just let it go...

Uh, we aren't the ones bringing it up. Tell your fellow Suns fans to quit bringing it up and we won't repeat the same shit all the time.

Shred
06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I predict . . . a legal career is not in your future.

Went right over your head....

Shred
06-06-2007, 08:52 PM
And as wrong as I believe the facts in this case are, the legislature changed the law and the courts have ruled it can't be applied retroactively.

Take a minute, is this really the real world event you'd like to be the crux of your dated argument?

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 08:53 PM
and the Phoenician Asterisk takes its place along the Jacksonian Asterisk in the Dipshit Hall of Fame.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM

No, it didn't.

You're comparing Amare and Diaw to a kid who would have served no time if he had simply fucked the girl instead of receiving head.

flipcritic
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Let Amare whine. His broken dreams are all he has.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 08:57 PM

-Mars

Shred
06-06-2007, 08:57 PM
It's the LETTER of the LAW:

Drug-Tough School Suspends Students for Sharing Tylenol (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9E0CE4D8103CF932A35750C0A964958260)

Man busted while drunk driving in wheelchair (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070522/od_nm/germany_wheelchair_dc)

Woman Who Got DUI in Wheelchair Challenging Law (http://alcoholism.about.com/b/a/132468.htm)

Boy, 8, faces charges for pointing toy gun (http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/638643/posts)

HANG 'EM HIGH!

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
And again...the legislature has changed the rule and the judge is revisiting the sentence.

The NBA owners have not changed the rule.

End of your argument.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Went right over your head....No, the point was made that you're a complete moron.

Shred
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
And again...the legislature has changed the rule and the judge is revisiting the sentence.

The NBA owners have not changed the rule.

End of your argument.

Man, you are thick. You still don't get it?

Johnny RIngo
Typical comment coming from a bitter Celtic's fan! Full strength? The Spurs beat the Suns 3 times with Amare and Boris and once without! The Spurs beat the Suns once while not at full strenght while Horry had to sit out 2 games! You're just mad cause your lowly Celtic's won't be picking at #1..........AGAIN ! ! ! ! !

C'mon. It's obvious the TC is a Suns fan. They've been disguising themselves as fans of other teams for quite a while now.

With that said...The Suns never had an honest shot at the Finals anyway. It was either going to be the Spurs or Jazz. If the And1 Suns made it to the Conference Finals the Jazz would have handled them in 6 with DWill and Boozer owning Nash and Stoudewhiner in every way possible.

I can understand Stoudewhiner's frustration though. This year was the Suns only chance and Amare blew it. Next year the Jazz will only get better once they find a competent 2-guard and the Mavs might have a shot once they learn to get over their choking problem. The Suns defense will never be championship calibre which is why they'll continue to be knocked out in the 2nd round. Hell, the Nuggets would have taken them in 6 or 7 but the Suns were fortunate enough to play one of the worst defensive teams in the first round instead. The Suns just don't like to play defense. Even after Jordan spanked them with a record 41 ppg in the Finals the Suns still didn't bother adopting a competent defense. Next year will be more of the same with either the Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Rockets, or Nuggets knocking them out.

ShoogarBear
Sorry, JMarkJohns, but I'm more and more convinced that Amare and a whole lot of Suns fans completely deserve each other.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 09:00 PM
So a couple of players managed to violate a rule that every other player faced with a similar situation did not in the last couple of seasons. :baby

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 09:00 PM

Drug-Tough School Suspends Students for Sharing Tylenol (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9E0CE4D8103CF932A35750C0A964958260)

Man busted while drunk driving in wheelchair (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070522/od_nm/germany_wheelchair_dc)

Woman Who Got DUI in Wheelchair Challenging Law (http://alcoholism.about.com/b/a/132468.htm)

Boy, 8, faces charges for pointing toy gun (http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/638643/posts)

HANG 'EM HIGH!

You're absolutely right Shred -- for the first time in league history, the league should have made an exception because two Suns couldn't maintain their composure and handle a stupid play by an opponent.

When a superstar can't maintain his poise, it's his right to expect that the league will treat him differently than every other player who has ever broken that rule. That would set a wonderful precedent.

SammyDavis
06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm not a Suns fan, I'm a Celtics fan who happens to be a Nash fan. You shouldn't pretend that only Suns fans thought the ruling was bullshit. Judging from online polls most of the country felt the same way. It would have been great to see a Spurs/Suns WCF final but archaic seeding rules and the whole East/West thing gave us the final in the second round. To make matters worse, a cheap shot decided the series. You can say that you beat the Suns full strength in game 6 (not game 1, mind you -- Nash was on the bench, but that was nobody's fault) which is true, but you know as well as I that each win/loss changes the dynamic of the series and affects the mindset of each player in different ways.

I agree that Amare calling the Spurs "dirty" was out of line, but you're destined to bear that distinction with Bowen on your team. He's right on the money about the rule -- Suns probably would have won the series minus the Horry foul; and the rule itself should be tweaked in order to prevent this nonsense in the future. As fans we should all want the best possible series, not one decided by David Stern.

ShoogarBear
You're absolutely right Shred -- for the first time in league history, the league should have made an exception because two Suns couldn't maintain their composure and handle a stupid play by an opponent.

When a superstar can't maintain his poise, it's his right to expect that the league will treat him differently than every other player who has ever broken that rule. That would set a wonderful precedent.[/toasting]

Johnny_Blaze_47
Man, you are thick. You still don't get it?

I do get it.

I get that you're mad the commissioner didn't exercise discretion in your favor. He exercised discretion, just not to your liking.

Feel free to contact your legislators.

flipcritic

HANG 'EM HIGH!

You can slice the bitterness with a butterknife can't you?

Spurminator
06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
3 posts until "dance monkey dance"

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM

When a superstar can't maintain his poise, it's his right to expect that the league will treat him differently than every other player who has ever broken that rule. That would set a wonderful precedent.

Spoken like a man who's never complained about a speeding ticket in his life.

NBA did not suspend any members of Sacramento Kings who left the bench (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1028/1452258.html)

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.azleg.gov/

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=AZ

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml#az

ShoogarBear
So tell us, what other rules should Amare be exempt from?

Marcus Bryant

Any that require thought, apparently.

Johnny_Blaze_47

That should read, "Spoken like an attorney who understands the rule of law and its applications."

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
That should read, "Spoken like an attorney who understands the rule of law and its applications."

"Thank you, officer, may I have another?" Sincerely, Johnny Blaze

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:06 PM

Went right over your head...2 time.

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Suns Suspensions Bring '97 Knicks to Mind

The Phoenix Suns have only themselves to blame after Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw were suspended last night for leaving the bench during the final seconds of the Suns' Game 4 win over San Antonio.

Ten years ago, the Knicks had their season ruined when Patrick Ewing was suspended one game in a second round playoff series against Miami for leaving the bench. Larry Johnson, Allan Houston and John Starks raced off the bench to break up the fight between Charlie Ward and P.J. Brown, while Ewing wandered just a few feet from the bench before being told by Buck Williams to get off the court.

The rule was established to prevent players from escalating an altercation. Rather than three referees having to possibly worry about 30 players on the court at one time, the officials and the respective coaches have a chance to control 10 players.

During his weekly appearance on NBA TV Tuesday night, Ewing said he was "pissed" when the league ruled him ineligible for Game 6 against Miami, along with Ward and Houston, while Johnson and Starks served their suspensions in Game 7.

I still believe had Starks and Ewing had the chance to play together in either Game 6 or 7, the Knicks would have defeated an inferior Miami Heat team. Starks, you may remember, was the league's Sixth Man of the Year in 1996-97.

The Ewing suspension cost the Knicks a chance to face Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals. It would have been an epic series since both teams were clearly the best in the East. (I think the Knicks would have won in six games.)

Does the rule need to be altered? It seems only logical that as long as the player in question never comes close to being involved in the fracas a suspension is not necessary. Ewing, Stoudemire and Diaw all moved toward the scrum but all three quickly retreated and avoided contact with the players currently on the floor.

The Knicks and Ewing were burned by the letter of the law. The Suns had 10 years to get it right and one moment in a great playoff series may have cost them their best chance at an NBA title. Ewing and the Knicks know the feeling.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Shred,

What other NBA rules do you think the league should exercise discretion on when it comes to star players?

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Suns Suspensions Bring '97 Knicks to Mind

The Phoenix Suns have only themselves to blame after Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw were suspended last night for leaving the bench during the final seconds of the Suns' Game 4 win over San Antonio.

Ten years ago, the Knicks had their season ruined when Patrick Ewing was suspended one game in a second round playoff series against Miami for leaving the bench. Larry Johnson, Allan Houston and John Starks raced off the bench to break up the fight between Charlie Ward and P.J. Brown, while Ewing wandered just a few feet from the bench before being told by Buck Williams to get off the court.

The rule was established to prevent players from escalating an altercation. Rather than three referees having to possibly worry about 30 players on the court at one time, the officials and the respective coaches have a chance to control 10 players.

During his weekly appearance on NBA TV Tuesday night, Ewing said he was "pissed" when the league ruled him ineligible for Game 6 against Miami, along with Ward and Houston, while Johnson and Starks served their suspensions in Game 7.

I still believe had Starks and Ewing had the chance to play together in either Game 6 or 7, the Knicks would have defeated an inferior Miami Heat team. Starks, you may remember, was the league's Sixth Man of the Year in 1996-97.

The Ewing suspension cost the Knicks a chance to face Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals. It would have been an epic series since both teams were clearly the best in the East. (I think the Knicks would have won in six games.)

Does the rule need to be altered? It seems only logical that as long as the player in question never comes close to being involved in the fracas a suspension is not necessary. Ewing, Stoudemire and Diaw all moved toward the scrum but all three quickly retreated and avoided contact with the players currently on the floor.

The Knicks and Ewing were burned by the letter of the law. The Suns had 10 years to get it right and one moment in a great playoff series may have cost them their best chance at an NBA title. Ewing and the Knicks know the feeling.

jbspurs
Excuse is not valid! the suspension happened game5 of the series. He played game 6 and still didn't win!!! By the way, game 5 and last season proved that Suns is more dangerous without him!!!

RogerIsEatingASandwich
Amare must be out of bait....

Shred
Shred,

What other NBA rules do you think the league should exercise discretion on when it comes to star players?

All rules, for all players. Otherwise, what's the point in having a commissioner?

ShoogarBear
Went right over your head...2 time.Is that your standard answer when you don't have anything else?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 09:09 PM

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3916/t1stoudemireix9.jpg

ChumpDumper
What do state laws have to do with a child's game?

Johnny_Blaze_47
All rules, for all players. Otherwise, what's the point in having a commissioner?

Oh, I don't know...keep the league's integrity and financial standing intact.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
What a difference Stoudemire made in Game 6.

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3916/t1stoudemireix9.jpg

That's a good one. It can replace the old "Mack Brown holding all his championship trophies" pic.

exstatic
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM

NBA did not suspend any members of Sacramento Kings who left the bench (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1028/1452258.html)
Several Sacramento players left the bench area and raced down a tunnel leading to the locker rooms.

Thank you, Captain Stupid. They weren't on the court.

O-Factor
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM

A Boston Celtic fan! I think you have bigger problems than to throw your two fucking cents in here, lol. Thats what you get for tanking games. Getting set back 10-12 years.
Typical of a loser.

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Journal Entry, June 6, 2007

Our interesting study in group psychology continues, with the asterisk-obsession of Spurs fan showing no signs of abating. Even on the eve of the Finals, they are starting threads about Amare. It doesn't appear anything can shake this monkey off their collective back.

ClingingMars

IT WAS A FUCKING EXIBITION GAME FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! WILL YOU STOP YOUR FUCKING WHINING, IT'S SO PATHETIC!

-Mars

O-Factor
Amare WILL NEVER win a championship with a whinny attitude like that. Once Nash breaks down, there goes Amares career.

duncanchick21
Amare :stfu you little :baby :baby :baby :baby :violin :violin

Shred
Several Sacramento players left the bench area and raced down a tunnel leading to the locker rooms.

Thank you, captain stupid. They weren't on the court.

I missed the "leaving the bench area and going on to the court" part of the rule. Can you point that out for me? thx

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 09:15 PM

Our interesting study in group psychology continues, with the asterisk-obsession of Spurs fan showing no signs of abating. Even on the eve of the Finals, they are starting threads about Amare. It doesn't appear anything can shake this monkey off their collective back.You don't ever even have the vaguest acquaintence with facts, do you?

ChumpDumper

I'm still a douche. Even douchier than before. I never knew this level of douchiousness could be attained. I must douche on, and fulfill my douchey destiny.

Shred
IT WAS A FUCKING EXIBITION GAME FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! WILL YOU STOP YOUR FUCKING WHINING, IT'S SO PATHETIC!

-Mars

I missed the part about the rules applying only in non-exhibition games. Can you point that out for me? thx

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 09:16 PM

Curiously, the Sacramento players didn't come within the ambit of the rule that Amare and Boris violated. The rule is intended to keep altercations on the floor from escalating into brawls by keeping extra players off the floor. The Sacramento situation didn't involve an altercation on the floor -- the Suns poor choices occurred during an altercation on the floor.

That, and obviously, the league likes the Kings more than it likes the Suns. Perhaps because Kings organziation and its fans aren't whiny bitches like Suns organization and fans are.

And you're right, I've never complained about a speeding ticket, because every time that I've gotten one, I broke the rule and got caught. Even if I had complained about those tickets, though, getting caught breaking the rule doesn't entitle me to an exception if I complain enough about it -- it compels me to pay the no-exceptions penalty for breaking the rule.

picnroll
Went right over your head didn't it.

ClingingMars

Our interesting study in group psychology continues, with the asterisk-obsession of Spurs fan showing no signs of abating. Even on the eve of the Finals, they are starting threads about Amare. It doesn't appear anything can shake this monkey off their collective back.

ARE YOU THAT FUCKING RETARDED? LOOK AT WHO STARTED THIS THREAD. IT WAS THE 'SUPPOSSED' BOSTON CELTICS FAN!

-Mars

exstatic
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM

Our interesting study in group psychology continues, with the Spur-obsession of Suns fan showing no signs of abating. Even on the eve of the Finals, they are starting threads about the suspensions. It doesn't appear anything can shake this monkey off their collective back.

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Curiously, the Sacramento players didn't come within the ambit of the rule that Amare and Boris violated. The rule is intended to keep altercations on the floor from escalating into brawls by keeping extra players off the floor. The Sacramento situation didn't involve an altercation on the floor -- the Suns poor choices occurred during an altercation on the floor.

That, and obviously, the league likes the Kings more than it likes the Suns. Perhaps because Kings organziation and its fans aren't whiny bitches like Suns organization and fans are.

And you're right, I've never complained about a speeding ticket, because every time that I've gotten one, I broke the rule and got caught. Even if I had complained about those tickets, though, getting caught breaking the rule doesn't entitle me to an exception if I complain enough about it -- it compels me to pay the no-exceptions penalty for breaking the rule.

So you're saying the Suns should've gone into the stands, instead? Not the floor, right?

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I missed the part about the rules applying only in non-exhibition games. Can you point that out for me? thx

THE SUSPENIONS WOULD HAVE BEEN A JOKE! EXHIBITION GAMES MEAN NOTHING!

-Mars

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 09:18 PM
So you're saying the Suns should've gone into the stands, instead? Not the floor, right?Yes, the precedent for that means no suspensions, right?

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I love asterisks -- they mean that the Spurs are champions and that the rest of basketball fandom can't figure out how that happened again.

It's so wonderful to watch my team piss off the "need to see bright, shiny objects frequently" crowd. Really, really great.

exstatic
So you're saying the Suns should've gone into the stands, instead? Not the floor, right?
There's interpretation room there, or in the tunnels leading to the locker room. Likely, the stands gets them suspended. We know that going onto the playing floor did.

Of course, if pussy-boy decided to pursue Horry into the tunnels/locker room, he would have missed more than one game.

FromWayDowntown

No, I'm saying they should have stayed on the bench.

Please do try to keep up here -- it's really not that hard.

G-Nob
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Just another example of Amare's immaturity. We saw it all series.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Wasn't Amare just checking in?

Really, really fast?

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM

So you agree that Bulls should have asterisks? Thanks for confirming.

NBA'S BRAWL RULE GOT IT RIGHT

May 18, 2007 -- SO every now and then a calamitous, scandalous, bench-clearing riot breaks out in an NBA game, the kind that spills into the stands and inspires ESPN and Fox Sports Net to break out and add to their Best of Violence reels.

And the media line up to condemn the NBA for its lack of foresight and crime prevention. We scream for a week, at least.

And then the NBA institutes firmer, zero-tolerance rules, the kind designed to diminish the likelihood of such shameful episodes and to save the NBA from itself.

And then a hassle on a big stage breaks out - Monday's, for example. And then the NBA applies its no-exceptions rules.

And then, wouldn't ya know it, we do a flip-flop. We in the media condemn and ridicule the NBA for over-reacting, for excessive harshness, for depriving fans of the best players at an important time of year, for failing to factor in the human condition.

On ESPN, throughout the week, people who ostensibly follow the NBA - Stephen A. Smith and Jackie MacMullan, to name two - slammed the NBA's decision to suspend Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw one game each for leaving the Suns' bench to rush to the aid of Steve Nash. A travesty of justice!

They declared the NBA's application of its rules as ignorant to the dictates of "human nature" and as too severe, especially in Stoudemire's case, because he's a key player.

Well, for starters, if rushing from the bench to Nash's aid was instinctive, no matter how fast one arrived, he'd have gotten there in time to break up something that had already ended. Nash was lying on the deck, and the guy who put him there - Robert Horry - was done doing what he did. And Horry would have been left the only one penalized.

So there was nothing more that players rushing from the bench could have done than make matters worse. There never is.

And that's precisely what the NBA's rule against leaving the bench was designed to do - prevent bad scenes from growing worse. And Monday, it worked.

But instead of "Hooray for the NBA!," we turn on our all-sports network to hear the league bashed for its failure to recognize, of all things, human nature.

If rushing from the bench simply was a by-product of human nature, then how do we explain the inaction of the rest of the Suns' bench? And why didn't the Spurs' bench deploy?

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
THE SUSPENIONS WOULD HAVE BEEN A JOKE! EXHIBITION GAMES MEAN NOTHING!

-Mars

As opposed to the big joke the Western Conference playoffs became?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
That's a good one. It can replace the old "Mack Brown holding all his championship trophies" pic.

Except Mack won a championship. I also can't expect you to know I dislike most of what UT-Austin stands for.

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Except Mack won a championship. I also can't expect you to know I dislike most of what UT-Austin stands for.

Went right over your head.

I am a Longhorn. For years, aggies and Sooners sent around the pick of Mack at a press conference with nothing in his hands, representing all of his trophies. There was also the one with the empty trophy case. The Amare pic reminded me of that. Do I need to keep explaining?

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 09:27 PM
http://theothermother.typepad.com/photos/photos/blue_pacifier.JPG

ChumpDumper
Went right over your head.You keep saying that.

I do not think you know what it means.

Johnny RIngo

Suns getting swept by the Jazz wouldn't have made it anymore exciting

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Please do try to keep up here -- it's really not that hard.Apparently, it's really really really really really hard.

ClingingMars

This post was so idiotic that I chose to answer in a special way.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10059/jeez.jpg

-Mars

Johnny_Blaze_47
Thread starter:

SammyDavis
Believe.

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: Boston Celtics
vBookie Cash: $500

---------

Shred, you lose.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Damn, it sucks to lose. But I'll take 3 out of 5. Certainly beats 0 for 40 or whatever.

Shred
Thread starter:

SammyDavis
Believe.

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: Boston Celtics
vBookie Cash: $500

---------

Shred, you lose.

Journal Entry--ADDENDUM

Five pages later, the obsession continues. Fascinating.

Johnny RIngo
Shred, you can go back to Arizonafagfans.com now. I hear it's time for their nightly circle jerk. You don't want to miss out.

ClingingMars
Also,

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/bigbaby2.jpg

-Mars

exstatic
06-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Because the Phoenix players were stupid, and ran on the playing floor.

ChumpDumper
Journal Entry--ADDENDUM

My butt hurts even worse now.

Extra Stout
Pooooooooor Suns.

It is true that, with that attitude, Amare is not likely ever to win a championship. I will give him this -- it is impressive that he likely is the first player with an IQ under 80 ever to make 1st Team All-NBA.

Shred
Shred, you can go back to Arizonafagfans.com now. I hear it's time for their nightly circle jerk. You don't want to miss out.

Read: Crap, he's gotten the best of me. Better bust out the homophobic smak.

Stay classy, San Antonio.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Shred, you can go back to Arizonafagfans.com now. I hear it's time for their nightly circle jerk. You don't want to miss out."Hey, guys! I really showed them!!!"

Johnny RIngo
Journal Entry--ADDENDUM

I still can't get over my inferiority complex.

Extra Stout
My team is never going to win a championship in my lifetime, so I have to get my jollies somehow.

Marcus Bryant
"Hey, guys! I really showed them!!!"

No doubt flexing in front of the doublewide's window as we type.

cornbread
06-06-2007, 09:32 PM
This reminds me of when Jordan always whined and cried about the "Jordan Rules" during and after each series with the Pistons.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Read: Crap, he's gotten the best of me. Better bust out the homophobic smak.

Stay classy, San Antonio.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/attention.jpg

-Mars

ATXSPUR

And UT-Austin dislikes you too. :)

flipcritic
O Shred, must you bait us so? I sincerely feel for you and your fellow fans. It's no fun when a team's hopes are dashed, especially if they've been favored by many to win it all. But please give it a rest. Your guys left the bench, they broke the rule, and they got busted.

You can continue being sore about it, but please stop comparing what you feel is an unfair ruling to other unfair judgements handed to people in truly dire situations. It's kind of disgraceful, comparing a slight in sports to actual tragedies in justice. What are you going to compare Horry-Nash debacle to next? Darfur?

Shred
My consolation prize: If (probably when) the Spurs beat the Cavs, you will all think to this thread, and to me, and it will still bother you.

twentyone
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Sunsfan knows it, they are just seeking sympathy for the loss they feel changed the series. They had 4 other games to fucking win, and unfortunately for them they couldn't get it done.

If I give them game 5 for the suspensions they still lose. They lost. Full strength. Laying down in the 6th game doesn't make for a good argument, they had another game to go if they could win. Period, asterisk, whatever, losers.

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
C'mon. It's obvious the TC is a Suns fan. They've been disguising themselves as fans of other teams for quite a while now.

With that said...The Suns never had an honest shot at the Finals anyway. It was either going to be the Spurs or Jazz. If the And1 Suns made it to the Conference Finals the Jazz would have handled them in 6 with DWill and Boozer owning Nash and Stoudewhiner in every way possible.

I can understand Stoudewhiner's frustration though. This year was the Suns only chance and Amare blew it. Next year the Jazz will only get better once they find a competent 2-guard and the Mavs might have a shot once they learn to get over their choking problem. The Suns defense will never be championship calibre which is why they'll continue to be knocked out in the 2nd round. Hell, the Nuggets would have taken them in 6 or 7 but the Suns were fortunate enough to play one of the worst defensive teams in the first round instead. The Suns just don't like to play defense. Even after Jordan spanked them with a record 41 ppg in the Finals the Suns still didn't bother adopting a competent defense. Next year will be more of the same with either the Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Rockets, or Nuggets knocking them out.

Keep believing all that crap you just said. Are you going to be around to eat crow when the Suns make you look like even more of a jackass for posting this?

And continue to be knocked Interesting comment considering the 2 previous seasons.

picnroll
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I think it's really commendable though that Amare and Diaw came back to training early so that they can get in extra time learning the rules book.

ClingingMars
My consolation prize: If (probably when) the Spurs beat the Cavs, you will all think to this thread, and to me, and it will still bother you.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_shutthefuckup.jpg

-Mars

Marcus Bryant

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpghttp://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpghttp://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpghttp://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpg

Spurs Fan Consolation Prize

ShoogarBear

*Hmm, none of us are posting on Suns' boards, so tell me, who is staying up nights with the gnawing empty feeling at the pit of his stomach again?

ChumpDumper
My consolation prize: I made my own bench out of tongue depressors and q-tips I can leave at any time. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I couldn't honestly care less what Amare Stoudemire or any Suns fan thinks about a Spurs Finals appearance. I just feel some need to respond to those who somehow believe that the league should affirmatively give preferrential treatment to superstars who aren't collected enough to maintain their poise.

Basically, I can't stand ridiculous arguments and feel compelled to respond, no matter how frequently they are regurgitated.

Johnny_Blaze_47
And UT-Austin dislikes you too. :)

It doesn't work if we don't. :lol

Actually, it's just that a lot of the people I've met from there have been unbearable and those in the same industry at the time I was in school were fairly arrogant.

I don't hate UT, it's more of a healthy, down-the-road rivalry.

exstatic

You're about a five. That's how many minutes you are remembered after any given post. Better not stop posting.

ClingingMars
Keep believing all that crap you just said. Are you going to be around to eat crow when the Suns make you look like even more of a jackass for posting this?

And continue to be knocked Interesting comment considering the 2 previous seasons.

I thought you said you left...guess ya'll are liars too.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/BanHim/ban_him.jpg

-Mars

OldDirtMcGirt
Maybe Amare should concentrate more on learning how to play a modicum of defense and not being an egotistical douche.

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
My e-penor ain't big enough and mah butt still hurts. Time to break out the asterisks.

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
What a difference Stoudemire made in Game 6.

Yes, him back didn't change the outcome in game 6, but it was sure not on him, it was the rest of the team who didn't show up, like Diaw. Let's be real though, had Amare happened to play game 5, the Suns probably win with the way the game went, lose game 6, and then have a home game for game 7, and who know what would have happened. The SUns may have still lost the series in a 7th game, we will never know, but it could have come out completely different. With all that said, none of that occurred, Amare and Diaw were rightfully suspended for their mistake, and they lost in San Antonio in game 6, where it is obviously extremely tough to win no matter what team the Spurs are playing there.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Maybe Amare should concentrate more on learning how to play a modicum of defense and not being an egotistical douche.

Best thing I've heard from a Suns fan in a long time.

:clap :spin :toast :) :downspin:

-Mars

Extra Stout
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM

If the only hope you have left is to irritate a handful of Spurs fans as they make their way downtown for the NBA championship parade you will never get to experience, I think you should make a date with a shower rod.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Yes, him back didn't change the outcome in game 6, but it was sure not on him, it was the rest of the team who didn't show up, like Diaw. Let's be real though, had Amare happened to play game 5, the Suns probably win with the way the game went, lose game 6, and then have a home game for game 7, and who know what would have happened. The SUns may have still lost the series in a 7th game, we will never know, but it could have come out completely different. With all that said, none of that occurred, Amare and Diaw were rightfully suspended for their mistake, and they lost in San Antonio in game 6, where it is obviously extremely tough to win no matter what team the Spurs are playing there.

It was a bad situation the teams were certainly evenly matched. I mean the Spurs lets face it blew game 4. They badly outplayed the Suns for most of the game and then with 2 min to play choked away the lead. Horry did what he did and he was wrong no question about it but Amare needed to stay put and he didn't.

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Unfortunately that ego blew up way to much when they started playing the way they did during the season with him. Perhaps as he gets a bit older, he will become a bit more modest and just dominate, but who knows if he has it in him, right now, doesnt look like it.

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Stats don't lie. The Suns are a gimmick:

Defense wins championships:

Rank in EFG% of every NBA champion since the ABA/NBA merger in 76-77:

05-06: Miami 10th
04-05: San Antonio 1st
03-04: Detroit 2nd
02-03: San Antonio 2nd
01-02: LA Lakers 2nd
00-01: LA Lakers 13th
99-00: LA Lakers 1st
98-99: San Antonio 1st
97-98: Chicago 5th
96-97: Chicago 3rd
95-96: Chicago 6th
94-95: Houston 7th
93-94: Houston 3rd
92-93: Chicago 15th
91-92: Chicago 9th
90-91: Chicago 13th
89-90: Detroit 1st
88-89: Detroit 2nd
87-88: LA Lakers 9th
86-87: LA Lakers 6th
85-86: Boston 1st
84-85: LA Lakers 5th
83-84: Boston 2nd
82-83: Philadelphia 4th
81-82: LA Lakers 10th
80-81: Boston 3rd
79-80: LA Lakers 7th
78-79: Seattle 1st
77-78: Washington 10th
76-77: Portland 7th

Average Rank: 5.4

Phoenix ranked 12th this year in EFG%. So in the last 30 years, only three teams have finished the year with a worse EFG% and won the title.

Twice it was the Bulls during their first 3-peat and the 00-01 Lakers who steamrolled through the Playoffs, losing only one game.

Spurs are ranked 2nd in EFG% this year while the Cavs are ranked 3rd. Interestingly enough both teams are in the Finals.

The Suns defense is more comparable to teams like the Nets and Raptors than to the likes of the Spurs, Pistons, Mavs, Cavs, Bulls, etc. Phoenix is quite fortunate to have received the Lakers in the first round(one of the worst defensive teams in the league). If they had played the Nuggets instead I'd give Denver a fair shot at knocking them out.

Once Dallas gets over their choking problem and Utah finally gets a reliable SG I can see them having a better shot at the championship next year than the Suns who will forever be a regular season team.

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
It was a bad situation the teams were certainly evenly matched. I mean the Spurs lets face it blew game 4. They badly outplayed the Suns for most of the game and then with 2 min to play choked away the lead. Horry did what he did and he was wrong no question about it but Amare needed to stay put and he didn't.

I completely agree with this all. Unfortunately, we will never know what may have happened if no conflict occurred. As a Suns fan I can only hope of one thing, that this makes them even hungrier next year and not let this be a couple year hangover. It would certainly motivate me to improve seeing the Spurs with 4 trophies.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
^Whoever wrote that is a dumbass. The Spurs are definitely a better team than Phoenix and they outplayed them in their series, but there is no secret concept that wins championships, it's just outscoring their opponents. I'd pick the Suns over every team not named San Antonio in a seven game series.

cornbread
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM

Phoenix ranked 12th this year in EFG%. So in the last 30 years, only three teams have finished the year with a worse EFG% and won the title.

Twice it was the Bulls during their first 3-peat and the 00-01 Lakers who steamrolled through the Playoffs, losing only one game.

Spurs are ranked 2nd in EFG% this year while the Cavs are ranked 3rd. Interestingly enough both teams are in the Finals.

The Suns defense is more comparable to teams like the Nets and Raptors than to the likes of the Spurs, Pistons, Mavs, Cavs, Bulls, etc. Phoenix is quite fortunate to have received the Lakers in the first round(one of the worst defensive teams in the league). If they had played the Nuggets instead I'd give Denver a fair shot at knocking them out.

Once Dallas gets over their choking problem and Utah finally gets a reliable SG I can see them having a better shot at the championship next year than the Suns who will forever be a regular season team.
What should they do to improve? Change it to "6 seconds or less"?

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Thank you for all of this, although I really don't care about it all as I've seen it a couple times. I call you a jackass because you really believe yourself when you say the Nuggets or Jazz would have even competed with the Suns. Come that time of the season, there was 1 team, and ONLY 1 team to stop them, and it was the one who beat them. Had they gotten by the Spurs somehow, i'm pretty sure most reasonable fans of even the SPurs believe the Suns would be about to host the Cavs and destroy them much like the Spurs are about to.

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:47 PM
^Whoever wrote that is a dumbass. The Spurs are definitely a better team than Phoenix and they outplayed them in their series, but there is no secret concept that wins championships, it's just outscoring their opponents. I'd pick the Suns over every team not named San Antonio in a seven game series.

They can't just be happy with "scoreboard," because of that damn asterisk. They've got to go the extra mile and claim the Suns are a "gimmick" rather than the 2nd-best team in the league.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm very happy with "scoreboard."

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM

Exactly, including the Mavs who the Suns dominated the last meeting and the 2 overtimes and final minute of the 4th quarter the time before.

Extra Stout
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
They can't just be happy with "scoreboard," because of that damn asterisk. They've got to go the extra mile and claim the Suns are a "gimmick" rather than the 2nd-best team in the league.
If, today, the Suns fired Mike D'Antoni and hired Jeff Van Gundy as their new head coach, they would be the overwhelming favorites to win the 2007-08 NBA championship.

But they won't do that, and so they're going to keep falling short.

cornbread
06-06-2007, 09:51 PM
They've got to go the extra mile and claim the Suns are a "gimmick" rather than the 2nd-best team in the league.
The second best team is actually Cleveland.

exstatic
Any basketball fan worth their salt knows that Phoenix is the NBA's version of the old NFL run'n'shoot offense. It always put up a ton of points, but never won jack after December.

Oh, and the plaque for second place is down the hall in the ladies room. You're welcome to claim it at any time.

OldDirtMcGirt
If, today, the Suns fired Mike D'Antoni and hired Jeff Van Gundy as their new head coach, they would be the overwhelming favorites to win the 2007-08 NBA championship.

This I totally agree with. D'Antoni is an absolute whiney bitch of a head coach, and it shows in our inability to execute without Steve Nash.

CAPARG
06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Please....stop this shit...in less than 24hs we start the finals....

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Any basketball fan worth their salt knows that Phoenix is the NBA's version of the old NFL run'n'shoot offense. It always put up a ton of points, but never won jack after December.

Actually, fast break/open court offenses have had success winning championships. Basketball is pretty much unique out of the other major sports, in that defensive half court basketball has become more en vogue recently, where as fast break offense was more "old school".

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/deargod_stop.jpg

-Mars

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM

Just posting cold hard facts. The Suns will always be a gimmick until they can prove otherwise. Too bad their window's closing fast as the Mavs won't choke every year and the Jazz are getting better every season. Rockets are still there, Nuggets will be extra motivated next year, and Oden and Durant just hopped into the Western Conference. Not to mention the salary hell that Phoenix is going to have to deal with.

exstatic
We're bored. Let us pick on this little shit head for a while.

Spider TX

Oh, and the plaque for second place is down the hall in the ladies room. You're welcome to claim it at any time.

There will still be that one team in the NFL that couldn't stop anyone but still won, and that is the 99 Rams. Although defense wins championships, there are still those few times when the offense just overcomes.

Shred

Any track & field fan knows the Indianapolis Colts are the reincarnation of the old NFL run & shoot offense. He's great recruiter, but Mack Brown will never win in January. :downspin:

ClingingMars
This I totally agree with. D'Antoni is an absolute whiney bitch of a head coach, and it shows in our inability to execute without Steve Nash.

A Suns fan I agree with! Can't we ban all the idiots and just keep this guy!

-Mars

Shred
06-06-2007, 09:55 PM
The second best team is actually Cleveland.

This thread has officially degenerated to the point of no return.

CAPARG
:lol
We're bored. Let us pick on this little shit head for a while.

exstatic
Actually, fast break/open court offenses have had success winning championships. Basketball is pretty much unique out of the other major sports, in that defensive half court basketball has become more en vogue recently, where as fast break offense was more "old school".
OK, so if you put the entire city of Phoenix in a time machine and send them back 35 years, we'll ALL be fucking happy. They'll have a ghost of a chance, and we'll be rid of them.

exstatic
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
It did that the minute you typed in it.

Spider TX
Just posting cold hard facts. The Suns will always be a gimmick until they can prove otherwise. Too bad their window's closing fast as the Mavs won't choke every year and the Jazz are getting better every season. Rockets are still there, Nuggets will be extra motivated next year, and Oden and Durant just hopped into the Western Conference. Not to mention the salary hell that Phoenix is going to have to deal with.

This will not scare me for a while and Oden will be a part of the biggest thug team there is and Durant is going to a team that hasn't really scared anybody in a long while. They win their division one year, and are terrible the next with the same team. Until they prove otherwise, they are no threat, the Jazz are the only real threat to join the 3 elite teams anytime soon.

Shred
OK, so if you put the entire city of Phoenix in a time machine and send them back 35 years, we'll ALL be fucking happy. They'll have a ghost of a chance, and we'll be rid of them.

:downspin:

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM

I agree with that. A defensive philosophy goes a long way. Even the incredible offensive Laker/Celtic teams of the 80s were top 5 in the defensive categories. You need to be balanced on both ends of the floor to win a title.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0819/normal_suicidedog.jpg

-Mars

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Any track & field fan knows the Indianapolis Colts are the reincarnation of the old NFL run & shoot offense. He's great recruiter, but Mack Brown will never win in January. :downspin:

But in the defense of the guy who originally said it, the Colts never won until they stepped up on defense. I thought the Suns could possibly overcome, but maybe they need to take a look at the Colts model of this past season.

OldDirtMcGirt

Don't even need to go back thirty-five years, just check out the Showtime Lakers. Right now Phoenix's biggest problem is its head coach and backup point guard.

Marcus Bryant
I agree with that. A defensive philosophy goes a long way. Even the incredible offensive Laker/Celtic teams of the 80s were top 5 in the defensive categories. You need to be balanced on both ends of the floor to win a title.

2006-07 Spurs
2nd in FG%
4th in Opponents' FG%

:toast

exstatic
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Don't even need to go back thirty-five years, just check out the Showtime Lakers. Right now Phoenix's biggest problem is its head coach and backup point guard.
The Lakers played fucking defense. They ran, but they played damn good defense, which isn't a surprise with Riles as their coach. They also had a half court offense with a post game.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
The Lakers played fucking defense. They ran, but they played damn good defense, which isn't a surprise with Riles as their coach.

We need to play better defense sure, but there doesn't have to be a fundamental change in our system or team concept.

cornbread
06-06-2007, 10:03 PM
So who's the best? Dallas?

Shred
But in the defense of the guy who originally said it, the Colts never won until they stepped up on defense. I thought the Suns could possibly overcome, but maybe they need to take a look at the Colts model of this past season.

They had the worst run defense in the NFL last year, but whatever.

exstatic
We need to play better defense sure, but there doesn't have to be a fundamental change in our system or team concept.
You need an effective half court offense that won't wilt in the playoffs when someone decides to make Nash score. Setting multiple picks and movement without the ball would be a start.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Actually, fast break/open court offenses have had success winning championships. Basketball is pretty much unique out of the other major sports, in that defensive half court basketball has become more en vogue recently, where as fast break offense was more "old school".Not without defense.

Most of the modern-day fastbreak concepts came from Auerbach's Celtics. But didn't win squat until they got a guy named Bill Russell.

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM

Yes, but go look at what their run defense became in the playoffs. Far from the worst when it mattered.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM

IN THE REGULAR SEASON

But in the PLAYOFFS when it really MATTERED they stepped up their defense, not allowing a touchdown to KC or Baltimore.

-Mars

Extra Stout
There will still be that one team in the NFL that couldn't stop anyone but still won, and that is the 99 Rams. Although defense wins championships, there are still those few times when the offense just overcomes.
If the Suns are the Rams, then of course the Spurs are the Patriots. Why settle for being at best a one-trick pony? Why not become a conventional team with all that talent and win normally?

ShoogarBear
This thread has officially degenerated to the point of no return.Because now there are Suns fans in here who can actually complete a thought?

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
You need an effective half court offense that won't wilt in the playoffs when someone decides to make Nash score. Setting multiple picks and movement without the ball would be a start.

We can do that just fine. Our half court offense without Nash, while it isn't our strong suit, isn't what is keeping us from getting over the hump. The problem is when Nash goes out, we can't execute anything. And against San Antonio, Nash had 12 assists per game, so outside of the first game you guys didn't really force him to be the scorer.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
If the Suns are the Rams, then of course the Spurs are the Patriots. Why settle for being at best a one-trick pony? Why not become a conventional team with all that talent and win normally?

At this point, I'd take one championship over the squadoosh we have now.

Spider TX
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM

I agree completely, just pointing out that although tough and unlikely, it is possible.

exstatic
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I think the Suns players, other than Nash and Bell, are just generally too stupid to put in something effective like a motion offense. Can you imagine Amare having to set two picks on the same play, and pass the ball, and then not even score? He'd be charging the coaching box. The Blur would be much less effective, too. He's generally not comfortable in a slower offense: witness the WCSF when San Antonio put lead boots on PHO.

Shred
06-06-2007, 10:09 PM

But the Rams still have a better O-line than the Suns, and even though Nash is a better scrambler, Bulger's got the arm. I can't figure out how the Suns could possibly improve on that front and still manage to pay their expensive WRs.

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 10:10 PM
2006-07 Spurs
2nd in FG%
4th in Opponents' FG%

:toast

I'll do you one better:

Spurs EFG%: 2nd in the NBA
Spurs opponent's EFG%: 2nd in the NBA

Suns EFG%: 1st in the NBA
Suns opponent's EFG%: 12th in the NBA :depressed

WalterBenitez
06-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Will they stop only Amare go retired the number in ... wherever :lmao

JMarkJohns
06-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry, JMarkJohns, but I'm more and more convinced that Amare and a whole lot of Suns fans completely deserve each other.

Yeah.. I just don't get why if what happened was what should have happened, then, regardless of the amount of whining away from this board, why this board just can't stop posting on this? I'm honestly curious? I understand the initial delight, but it's been three weeks, right?!

Anyways... I agree. Everyone still whining about the rule needs to shut up. Like I said, it's unfortunate that the Suns (assistant coaches/Amare/Diaw) backed the League into a corner that the only right the League could do was the worst possible decision for the Suns.

Shred
06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Will they stop only Amare go retired the number in ... wherever :lmao

May I mambo dogface in a banana patch? :downspin:

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
If the only hope you have left is to irritate a handful of Spurs fans as they make their way downtown for the NBA championship parade you will never get to experience, I think you should make a date with a shower rod.

Irritate? I think he's quite entertaining. Kinda like those monkeys at the zoo that throw shit at one another.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Sandman, close this thread out.

http://www.hugeupside.com/archives/spurs.bmp

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Sandman, close this thread out.

http://www.hugeupside.com/archives/spurs.bmp

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10563/Batmanrobinthreadsucks.jpg

-Mars

Spurs Brazil
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Stop crying!!!!!!

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2007, 10:43 PM
:lmao

sorry guys...just got back from a long dinner at scenic loop cafe.

back to the subject of the thread...

Amare just baffles me...understand I respect his athleticism. The guy has game.

Unfortunately, on the character side he just doesn't get it. I don't think he will ever get to the next level with that whiney bitch attitude.

It's not like he was on the podium with flashbulbs going off and that was an off the cuff "oh shit what do I say" response. That time he was coached to say he was trying to check into the game and he got up on national television and lied. I say he was coached into that statement because he is obviously too fucking stupid to come up with that shit himself. Now he has rewritten history again and he was running onto the court as a "peacemaker"

Whatever, Amare.

You will forever be a lying characterless piece of shit with great athletic skills.

Take responsibility for your fuckup and move on asshole or you will never lead a team to a championship.

Shred
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
:lmao

sorry guys...just got back from a long dinner at scenic loop cafe.

back to the subject of the thread...

Amare just baffles me...understand I respect his athleticism. The guy has game.

Unfortunately, on the character side he just doesn't get it. I don't think he will ever get to the next level with that whiney bitch attitude.

It's not like he was on the podium with flashbulbs going off and that was an off the cuff "oh shit what do I say" response. That time he was coached to say he was trying to check into the game and he got up on national television and lied. I say he was coached into that statement because he is obviously too fucking stupid to come up with that shit himself. Now he has rewritten history again and he was running onto the court as a "peacemaker"

Whatever, Amare.

You will forever be a lying characterless piece of shit with great athletic skills.

Take responsibility for your fuckup and move on asshole or you will never lead a team to a championship.

The force of the asterisk is strong in this one.

Cleveland Steamer
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Pwn time!!!! Cleveland style.

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
hmmmmm...a Cleveland fan finally spelled asterisk right.

must be a Suns or Jazz fan in disguise.

*edit*

It WAS a suns fan...:lmao

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Hopefully someone else drove your ass home.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 11:12 PM
As I mentioned in another thread...it's sad that Amare was suspended for the whole series because it sounds like the Suns could have overcome the loss of his services for one game and still won four of the other six no problem.

The Suns were just that good I think.

Shred
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
As I mentioned in another thread...it's sad that Amare was suspended for the whole series because it sounds like the Suns could have overcome the loss of his services for one game and still won four of the other six no problem.

The Suns were just that good I think.

May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?

Don Quixote
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM

Asterisk talk is all Suns Fan is ever going to have. Or Cavs Fan for that matter.

Because he sure as $^@* won't be talking about his trophies anytime soon.

If the Suns could win *one* trophy, then maybe they could say something. But they don't, and they can't. And they never will.

Enjoy the trophy ceremony, losers.

Shred
06-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Asterisk talk is all Suns Fan is ever going to have. Or Cavs Fan for that matter.

Because he sure as $^@* won't be talking about his trophies anytime soon.

If the Suns could win *one* trophy, then maybe they could say something. But they don't, and they can't. And they never will.

Enjoy the trophy ceremony, losers.

Every reply is ownage. Keep 'em comin!

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Every reply is ownage. Keep 'em comin!

I'll bet Amare can go to one of those minor league baseball games where they take the Spurs trophies on tour so he can get in a photo with 'em later this summer. :tu

v2freak
06-06-2007, 11:48 PM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4046/horrythehulk2copyul7.jpg

judaspriestess
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
On whether amare stoudamire is a fucking goon: "I think so"

to borrow his stupid words

Shaolin-Style
06-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Amare should blame his piss poor defense first and foremost before all of this. Dude makes a million dumb fouls.

LilMissSPURfect
06-07-2007, 12:03 AM
shoulda gon to sKool amare

Spurs16212
06-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Am I wrong or is it the former MVP, Steve Nash playing in Game 5 against another former MVP in Tim Duncan.....

Phoenix still had their sixth man Leandro Barbosa and former all-star Shawn Marion... If Phoenix fans want to point the finger at someone, there are a few people to point at.....

1) Amare & Boris - They should have never left the bench... They actually stated that they were going to check into the game... Which one is it, checking into the game or peace maker.....

2) Coach D'Antoni - Although short two players, the coach should a lack of confidence in his bench players as he decided to go with a short bench on game five... Most of the started played almost the entire game especially Nash and Marion. Coach Popovich never runs his players ragged like that....

Stop pointing the finger and thinking would of... could of.... and should of.... and take responsibility for your own actions accept defeat. If Amare would have played in game five, San Antonio more than likely would have won.... Amare would have taken many points away from Shawn Marion and other players.... Game five was actually a closer played game without Amare than the others with Amare in.....

In addition, in last years playoffs without Amare, no one ever cried for pity when the Suns made it to the Conference Finals....

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:56 AM
1) Amare & Boris - They should have never left the bench... They actually stated that they were going to check into the game... Which one is it, checking into the game or peace maker.....

I won't blame them for their reaction. It's tough, but we'll have to accept it.

2) Coach D'Antoni - Although short two players, the coach should a lack of confidence in his bench players as he decided to go with a short bench on game five... Most of the started played almost the entire game especially Nash and Marion. Coach Popovich never runs his players ragged like that....

Bingo

Go ahead and add the assistant coaches who are paid to keep the emotional players on the bench. They turned and ran towards the scrum, leaving the bench unattended, allowing two know-nothings fed by curiosity and emotion to wander too far from their designated area. They turn and stop, it's not even a situation...

AnkleBreaker21
06-07-2007, 01:57 AM
damn that losing pain runs fucking deep

RaulValdez
06-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Well let the Suns cry all they want they are at home and the Spurs are in the finals again. HAHA!!!!!!!!!

Everyone check this shirt out, you know the Cavs WITNESS shirt for Lebron, well my sister emailed me this Spurs shirt titled "WITNESS THIS" it looks pretty bad ass. I will find out how to get them from her. I think everyone in the AT&T Center needs to wear one. I will keep the thread posted on whether i got some or not. Here it is I made a cheap ass website to show it because I didnt know how else to show it in here here is the link. GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/rrvaldez20/WITNESSTHIS.html?1181200043352

Strike
06-07-2007, 02:13 AM
A sight for Suns fans' sore eyes
06/05/2007 06:48 PM
Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw were back on the court Tuesday.

On whether the Spurs are dirty: “I think so. I think there are times where they are – they get dirty out there. But, it is the playoffs, so I guess you to live with it. I think they definitely had a few dirty players out there on the court.”

On his summer plans: “I am going to summer school at ASU. I always wanted to go to school, but it was so easy for me to not go to school once I got drafted out of high school. My summer has been so hectic from World Games and different types of events going on in the summer, it was always tough for me to go to school. Now I have a chance to go back and I am going to go ahead and give it a shot.”

:sleep

He's proven once again that he just a stupid whiny fuckin bitch and not a leader by any stretch of the imagination.

He can bitch all he want.............from a fishing boat.

Fuck him and fuck the Suns.

UV Ray
06-07-2007, 02:14 AM

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! :lol

SRJ
06-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Oden will be a part of the biggest thug team there is

Someone still thinks it's 2001.

UV Ray
06-07-2007, 03:51 AM

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/xuy675/xcexorcist.jpg

x_roux_x
06-07-2007, 03:57 AM

Funny little Celtic...I see no fucking mark next to the W...Does anyone else?...If so than ur a fucking idiot...they were full strength games 1234 and 6....if they were better than why didnt they win 4 games to beat us? We won 4....they won what...2?....they didnt even push it to 7!...ill even give u whiners game 5 ok...but te fact still remains they lost game 6 while we were down Robert Horry....Who just happens to have a Rep. of making big shits in the playoffs....For those who think the outcome would have been different are ignorant...This series should have been called The Spurs b4 it started....and not even bcuz im a Spurs fan...But I mean number one....Do the Suns ever beat us? Do they not always ALMOST make it? Do they play D?(no)...I mean come on....make all the excuses u want.....lets say Denver would kick anyones but since they have to great players on their team...(but if only they had more time to gel...sighs...ahhh....)this is the game for those who are skeptical....we live and so do they by this....shit fucking happens....if only Ginobili wouldnt have fouled last year...if only MJ wouldnt have hit that last second shot....ah fuck it....Shut up bitches...

UV Ray
06-07-2007, 05:11 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/xuy675/Exorcisttitle2.jpg

picnroll
06-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Jacking up shots early in the shot clock with an unbalanced floor is the fundamental system. That doen't make for good defense.

Johnny RIngo
06-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Jacking up shots early in the shot clock with an unbalanced floor is the fundamental system. That doen't make for good defense.

Don't bother trying to talk sense into the Suns fanboys. They still have faith in their gimmick system. Maybe next year when Spurs/Mavs/Jazz/Houston/Denver knocks em out they'll see the truth. Their window's closing fast though so I can't see them improving much unless they make some drastic changes(getting rid of D'Antoni, trading for KG, etc)

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 06:47 AM
What was the excuse or excuses when they lost to the Mavs last year?

ginobili fan
06-07-2007, 06:54 AM
STFU bitches.
The game 6 proves that the spurs are superior.
End of thread.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/WeOwnYou.jpg
We own you, bitch!

Rummpd
06-07-2007, 08:44 AM
The Suns had a big lead over the Bored Spurs who came out flat late in the game when their supposed MVP, the supposed 6th man of the year (a total joke after the way Barbosa choked game 1 and game 5 etc.), and Marion (one of the most over-rated stars in the game = who always comes up small WHEN it counts) in the 4th and choked it away in game 5 when in a moment of pure justice, Bruce Bowen slammed the door on the whinny Suns.

Then in game 6 they came up far short again as the dominance of Duncan with 9 blocks was huge and the rest of the Spurs toyed with the over-matched Suns - who are now about 5-15 against the Spurs over the last three years. STATS don't lie, the Spurs are the Suns daddy, end of story.

Suns need to look internally they have came up short 3 years in a row with Mr. 0-97 to get to the finals in Nash and an over-hyped coach and a soft defensive center that got 1st team NBA (a laughable selection as Camby, Yao and Howard are better if you look at both sides of the ball - but of course STAT man and the Suns supposed play won out on that battle. Gimme a break, Amare is nothing more than a scorer helped by a savy point guard (who also cannot play any defense0. Where is the focus on the dumb *&^ Raja Bell who gave nothing in the series except challenging Horry to an altercation? Give up the whining all the Suns fans and anyone who thinks like that. There is no friggin ***, the Spurs have had by far the toughest road to the finals and trounced 3 and soon it will be four opponents. After they destroy the media darling in James, you have to give them their due. Watch and learn.

BlackFlagg
06-07-2007, 08:57 AM
I think if someone from the Suns had cheap-shotted Tony Parker in front of the Spurs bench then Duncan would have been on the floor.

You can speculate all you want, but it's a moot point.

It's just a natural human reaction.

So is wanting to strangle someone, but there are "rules" forbidding it.

I would have thought you'd have liked to beat the Suns full strength rather than have an asterix next to your title.

We DID beat the Suns full-strength; weren't you watching? We were missing Robert Horry for TWO games, but we still won.

Btw, what's an "asterix?" :lol :lol :lol

There is no asterisk. There never has been. That's something some "journalist" cleverly came up with years ago and is still applied to Spurs championships to help ease the bitterness. It doesn't hold water, of course, but if it makes people fell better... :spin

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 08:58 AM
There is no asterik. There never has been. That's something some "journalist" cleverly came up with years ago and is still applied to Spurs championships to help ease the bitterness. It doesn't hold water, of course, but if it makes people fell better... :spin
I thought Phil Jackson said it.

BlackFlagg
06-07-2007, 08:58 AM

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Soul_Patch
06-07-2007, 09:42 AM
It must really suck to be life time losers.

saporvida
06-07-2007, 10:24 AM

humankind doesn't have instinct. i learned that in college so go educate yourself.

what he did was his own doing and not any instinctual reaction. he's just a chump, period.

Walton Buys Off Me
06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
How come nobody wants to associate an asterix next to the Suns series win over the Lakers? Kwame Brown and Luke Walton were both playing with bum ankles so essentially the Lakers played the series without two of the starters. How come nobody talks about that?

By the way, that's sarcasm for the Texas folk. My point being, the Suns claiming an asterix for their loss to the Spurs after getting shit hammered at full strength in game 6 makes about as much sense as what I just said.

Stop whining and play defense and hire a coach with a clue, not a whiny bitch that can't spell defense.

FreeMad Dan
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
The Suns are whiny bitches because they see their daddy D'Antoni crying on the sidelines to the refs everygame on every call. How the F*** did he not get hit with a T in that series. That was some bullshit.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 10:58 AM
not a whiny bitch that can't spell defense.

or asterisk, apparently.

SpursWoman
06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I thought Phil Jackson said it.

Phil Jackson said it before that season even started ... it wasn't a direct slight to the Spurs. And since Phil Jackson doesn't control the record books or anything in the league FO for that matter, it was just his opinion. BFD.

Funny how all of the sheep took it and ran. :spin

ancestron
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
lol @ him saying he was gonna be a peace maker........ bull shit, no one runs out on the court to be a peace maker, there was enough ppl already on the court to do that, he was gonna go in stephen jackson style and he knows it

and i guess he forgets he has a bitch ass dirty teammate in raja bell

amare is a bitch, i used to like him, but i can't stand when players run to the media and whine.........

i used to like him too before he pulled this shit. I lost a lot of respect for Amare Stoudemire this year. And the funny thing is, I didn't lose any for Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen, Ginobili, or any of the other Spurs he calls dirty. They didn't even justify Amare's accusation with a response, they just kept doing what they do and when they were asked by the media about the hard fouls and such they were just like, "yeah, i fouled him"

SpurOutofTownFan
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I watched the show. They were playing jokes on him, showing the part of the interview he said he was checking in and then he blushed because he realized they were just showing him he is actually a liar. WHAT A FUCKING DUMB ASS.

Reggie Miller
06-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I joined this forum nearly two years ago (8/2005). There are many Phoenix fans that have posted over twice as many times IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS. That pretty much says it all.