PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden's blog

tlongII
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/users/gregoden

I really like the guy. You can tell that the last two entries have been proof-read, but the one called Road Trip certainly wasn't. He actually takes the time to respond to comments as well. Seems like a great kid.

freedom&justice
06-06-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/users/gregoden

I really like the guy. You can tell that the last two entries have been proof-read, but the one called Road Trip certainly wasn't. He actually takes the time to respond to comments as well. Seems like a great kid.

Yeah. Most people who have met him have said he's a real cool guy. He's very talented, but he's not at all cocky. Same goes for Durant, actually. Nice guy, very competitive.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-06-2007, 11:31 PM
The NW will be nasty in the paint this season

Den - Nene
Por - Oden
Min - KG
Sea - ummmmm pass
Utah - Boozer

Supergirl
06-06-2007, 11:32 PM
What makes you think it's really his blog? Anyone can create a blog (or account on a Spurs message bard) under the name "Greg Oden" or "Tim Duncan" or whatever else they can think of, no?

I ask because it seems a little odd, for example, to refer to a friend and teammate of yours by their full name, including "jr" - if it was really his personal blog, would't he just refer to him by his first name? And in the 2-3 posts I read, I saw nothing that would make me think it was not written by a devoted fan who was charting where he was going and what was likely going through his mind at the time.

Maybe I'm just cynical.

Shaolin-Style
06-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Whether or not it's actually him I respect Greg Oden still, his being a fan of Timmy/Drob(especially Drob) helps

One day when Oden's tenure in Portland is over : TD mentors Oden just like Drob taught him and passes the torch to Oden to lead the spurs as he goes off with a championship into retirement.

tlongII
06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
What makes you think it's really his blog? Anyone can create a blog (or account on a Spurs message bard) under the name "Greg Oden" or "Tim Duncan" or whatever else they can think of, no?

I ask because it seems a little odd, for example, to refer to a friend and teammate of yours by their full name, including "jr" - if it was really his personal blog, would't he just refer to him by his first name? And in the 2-3 posts I read, I saw nothing that would make me think it was not written by a devoted fan who was charting where he was going and what was likely going through his mind at the time.

Maybe I'm just cynical.

It's his blog. There is info in it that only he would know as well as someone like me. Trust me on that. It appears that somebody has proof-read the most recent two entries which I believe is why is friend is referred to with the "Jr". The entry regarding the "Road Trip" has info that proves to me that it is really him.