PDA

View Full Version : The U.S. Senate is pathetic

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Cornyn proposed an amendment to the illegal immigration bill that would bar anyone with a criminal record from applying for a visa or being allowed in the U.S.

That amendment gets shot down, and the Demos pass an amendment that says it's okay if illegals have a criminal record unless it's a violent or sex related crime. WTF? Our elected leaders are signing off on criminals coming into this country?

Fuck this.

And yeah, I know the bill should be killed, but it doesn't appear there's enough people with any balls in D.C. to do the right thing and kill this thing like the majority of America wants, so I'm stuck to rooting for some decent amendments to this piece of shit bill.

George Gervin's Afro
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Cornyn proposed an amendment to the illegal immigration bill that would bar anyone with a criminal record from applying for a visa or being allowed in the U.S.

That amendment gets shot down, and the Demos pass an amendment that says it's okay if illegals have a criminal record unless it's a violent or sex related crime. WTF? Our elected leaders are signing off on criminals coming into this country?

Fuck this.

And yeah, I know the bill should be killed, but it doesn't appear there's enough people with any balls in D.C. to do the right thing and kill this thing like the majority of America wants, so I'm stuck to rooting for some decent amendments to this piece of shit bill.

Any type of criminal record AH? As in our society we tend to forgive youthful indescretions of the misdemeanor type. A public intoxication when you 19 or 20 should eliminate you from applying for a visa? I certainly agree that anyone with a violent past or a sexual deviant not being allowed but everyone deserves a second chance. Now with that being said this whole bill sucks.

spurster
06-07-2007, 10:16 AM
In many countries, dissidents are convicted of crimes against the state or spurious crimes. I guess Aggie wants to keep them from coming to the US, too.

clambake
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
The bill won't get the votes.

Yonivore
06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
The bill won't get the votes.
Thank God!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Any type of criminal record AH? As in our society we tend to forgive youthful indescretions of the misdemeanor type. A public intoxication when you 19 or 20 should eliminate you from applying for a visa? I certainly agree that anyone with a violent past or a sexual deviant not being allowed but everyone deserves a second chance. Now with that being said this whole bill sucks.

I guess you missed where an illegal immigrant out in Cali that had been busted and deported 17 times for DUI killed a college student while driving drunk recently.

Under this amnesty crap he'll be allowed back into this country again after his deportation.

I'm not talking about PIs or parking tickets, just anything dealing with burglary, violence, etc. Under that amendment they can be guilty of residential burglary as long as they did it when no one was home, and be let in this country legally.

That's crap.

ggoose25
06-07-2007, 02:10 PM
let em all in!

xrayzebra
06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
^^We do. That is the problem.

mullet
06-07-2007, 02:15 PM
are you kidding me? letting mexicans in is stealing work from me and mine.

Nevermind that I've been on disability for 10 years, and welfare for 6. I can't get a damn job with all these spics coming in!

xrayzebra
06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
^^you must get good welfare payments to afford a computer and
internet. Gee, is it good in the good old U.S. of A. or what!

I'm sure you have a good maid and someone to take care of your
yard, cause everyone in your hood is on welfare and wont do the
work.

mullet
06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
i do get good welfare payments. They let me relax instead of working with a bunch of illegals at taco bell/walmart/burger king.

xrayzebra
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Must live in California. Don't know how to spell it like Arnold
pronounces it...... :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Bill withdrawn from the Senate for now :tu

Nbadan
06-08-2007, 12:30 AM
.....and somewhere Cesar Chavez is turning in his grave......