PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad that Suns fans are still here

GSH
06-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm glad the Suns fans are still posting here...because it means that they have nothing else to do. We are getting their little notes from Loserville because our team sent them fishing. Otherwise they would be writing on bathroom walls in Utah or Cleveland. This way is a lot better.

Bottom line, one of two things is true:
1. Spurs fans are right. The Suns played all season to get home court advantage, but couldn't win Game 1...at home...with their full team on the court. Then they lost Game 6 (they say a series doesn't begin until one team is facing elimination), again with their full team on the court. We won, you lost, f-you.
2. Suns fans are right. The Spurs are the dirtiest team in the history of basketball, and Robert Horry is an evil genius who somehow knew that Amare "wouldn't remember the rule" about coming onto the court. We cheated, you lost, f-you.

Either way, the Spurs are still playing and the Suns aren't. It makes me smile every time I see another whining post from one of their fans. (Including the ones pretending to be Cavs fans.) Because I know they just have extra time on their hands. Even if everything they write were true, it's sweet knowing that we're here and they aren't. Especially since they were such whiny pricks, even before Game 4. So post away Suns fans. We can respond to you in between the playoff games the Spurs are still playing. It's great watching the Spurs going into the Finals. But reading that Amare is still sitting around making excuses just adds that little extra spice. It's no fun gloating if the losers aren't around to get bitter about it.

Fillmoe
06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
usually the losing teams are still mad..... so tell us why you so mad son......

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/alaska/images/s/alaska-fishing.jpg

One can only eat so much fish...

Cry Havoc
06-07-2007, 12:21 AM
usually the losing teams are still mad..... so tell us why you so mad son......

I think he's simply pointing out that Suns trolls are so enamored with their team that they still think they have a legitimate shot at winning the championship this year.

bresilhac
06-07-2007, 12:25 AM
I think he's simply pointing out that Suns trolls are so enamored with their team that they still think they have a legitimate shot at winning the championship this year.

LOL! That must be it.

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Just cause I can...

LilMissSPURfect
06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
http://www.cdromshop.com/cdshop/img/p.014633140996.jpg

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:29 AM
To me, it seems like the Suns aren't the only ones been fishin' of late. I've seen plenty of Spurs fans fishin' for topics for threads with all this Suns/Suns fans hate... It seems to be their favorite 'tween game hobby. Almost every thread on the topic is started someone other than a Suns fan.

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 12:35 AM
To me, it seems like the Suns aren't the only ones been fishin' of late. I've seen plenty of Spurs fans fishin' for topics for threads with all this Suns/Suns fans hate... It seems to be their favorite 'tween game hobby. Almost every thread on the topic is started someone other than a Suns fan.

This one is a clever one! Look at that! Threw it back in our FACE! OWNED!

Why didn't I think of that one first? :bang

I guess you're just too much for us.

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:41 AM
I guess you're just too much for us.

Funny, that's what I said a few days ago upon my return about the Spurs domination over the Suns.

No need to hate. I just find it odd how, with your team in the Finals, on the verge of winning a fourth Title and validating any and all "dynasty" talk, that the whiney Suns and their fans are still good for a nearly 10-page thread.

This one is a clever one! Look at that! Threw it back in our FACE! OWNED!

Why didn't I think of that one first? :bang

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it. Thought it was silly at first, but since it evoked sarcasm, I guess it fullfilled its intended purpose!

:darkwaters ... I mean, :dramaquee

Infamous
06-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm glad the Suns fans are still posting here...because it means that they have nothing else to do. We are getting their little notes from Loserville because our team sent them fishing. Otherwise they would be writing on bathroom walls in Utah or Cleveland. This way is a lot better.

Bottom line, one of two things is true:
1. Spurs fans are right. The Suns played all season to get home court advantage, but couldn't win Game 1...at home...with their full team on the court. Then they lost Game 6 (they say a series doesn't begin until one team is facing elimination), again with their full team on the court. We won, you lost, f-you.
2. Suns fans are right. The Spurs are the dirtiest team in the history of basketball, and Robert Horry is an evil genius who somehow knew that Amare "wouldn't remember the rule" about coming onto the court. We cheated, you lost, f-you.

Either way, the Spurs are still playing and the Suns aren't. It makes me smile every time I see another whining post from one of their fans. (Including the ones pretending to be Cavs fans.) Because I know they just have extra time on their hands. Even if everything they write were true, it's sweet knowing that we're here and they aren't. Especially since they were such whiny pricks, even before Game 4. So post away Suns fans. We can respond to you in between the playoff games the Spurs are still playing. It's great watching the Spurs going into the Finals. But reading that Amare is still sitting around making excuses just adds that little extra spice. It's no fun gloating if the losers aren't around to get bitter about it.

Actually no, I know you remember the bloody nose of Steve Nash which kept him out of the game for the most towards the end..when it seemed to have calmed down he hit a three then got a lay-up, then it started bleeding again and he had to sit out. By the time he came back there was around 11 seconds left and it was pretty much over. Imagine if the Spurs were in that position and the player that had the bloody nose was Tim Duncan. Spurs would have lost. So they can actually make an excuse for bad luck in that game.

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Funny, that's what I said a few days ago upon my return about the Spurs domination over the Suns.

No need to hate. I just find it odd how, with your team in the Finals, on the verge of winning a fourth Title and validating any and all "dynasty" talk, that the whiney Suns and their fans are still good for a nearly 10-page thread.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it. Thought it was silly at first, but since it evoked sarcasm, I guess it fullfilled its intended purpose!

:darkwaters ... I mean, :dramaquee

With over a week between our trouncing of Utah and our first match with Cleveland can you blame us? All manner of non-playoffs talk has seen a rebirth in wake of this long waiting period.

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:48 AM
The Suns got beat. I wish Suns fans would just accept it, and wish Spurs fans would stop pretending its the knowledgeable Suns fans who are arguing any differently.

We, the smart Suns fans, know it. You, the smart Spurs fans know it. I came here for basketball talk, but every day there's a new thread on the same tired topic.

Nothing new here, folks... move along... move along...

The horse is dead. Why I continue to look is just as puzzling as why so many continue to beat it. Guess I'm being just as silly as those I'm now criticizing. Guess I should stop...

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:49 AM
With over a week between our trouncing of Utah and our first match with Cleveland can you blame us? All manner of non-playoffs talk has seen a rebirth in wake of this long waiting period.

Yeah. I can. Act like you've been there before. Many here have only rubbed said fact in the Suns fans faces countless times.

I know the talk is limited. I get it. Still...

GSH
06-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Do you remember that great line from "It's A Wonderful Life"? It went, "Every time a bell rings, and angel gets his wings." Didn't it just make you feel all warm inside?

This is kinda the same way. Every post from Loserville is another smile on my face. I don't even have to read everything they write. (Most of the time I don't.) Just knowing that they are trolling around here because the Spurs are alive and their team is, well...dead. It's like that little bell ringing.

And look how many of them there are, and how quick they are to reply. They must seriously have nothing else to do. The Suns flaming out must have just left this great big empty spot in their little lives. Can't you just picture them out there in Loserville? Re-playing the games on Tivo, looking for more proof of a conspiracy, while constantly hitting the refresh button on their computers? Making up new "what-if" scenarios with each passing game that their team isn't playing? It's almost too sweet. Thanks for the quick responses, guys. :toast

GSH
06-07-2007, 01:26 AM

Oh, and BTW. It doesn't matter what kinds of threads the Spurs fans start here. It's a Spurs forum. You wouldn't care what we were posting here if your team hadn't lost. (Or gotten shamelessly cheated by Bowen, Horry, the refs, David Stern, and Angelo Dundee.) You're mere presence is a constant reminder that the Spurs kicked the Suns collective asses.

[And for the record, Angelo Dundee is the best cut-man in the history of boxing. He was sitting court-side, and could have closed the gash on Nash's nose, but he was part of the conspiracy.]

SammyDavis
06-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Spurs kicked the Suns collective asses.

Hmmmm

Game 1 - Suns lose 106-111
Game 2 - Suns win 101-81
Game 3 - Suns lose 101-108
Game 4 - Suns win 104-98
Game 5 - Suns lose 85-88*
Game 6 - Suns lose 106-114

Looks like the only ass kicking took place in game 2, which was a Suns victory. The series was damn close. Either team could have taken it, and no one can deny that the Suns got some bad breaks in this series. From Nash’s gushing nose to the 200 or so no-calls on Bruce Bowen to the untimely suspensions of Amare and Diaw, Suns lost more to the gods of fate than the Spurs themselves.

What did Pop say after game 6? Something like “I never want to see those guys again”.

I hope he’s wrong. My prediction: this will be your last championship for a loooooong time kids, so enjoy it while you can.

:)

boutons_
06-07-2007, 03:32 AM
SammyDavis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMenB9Ywh2Q&mode=related&search=

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
You're mere presence is a constant reminder that the Spurs kicked the Suns collective asses.

LMAO. Look keed, I've been a member of this forum longer than you, and on top of that, a far more active member. My mere presense has nothing to do with the Spurs kicking the Suns collective asses.

As for this being a Spurs forum, well, I wouldn't have joined had it not been. Thing is, what good is whining about whiners? That's all this is. The vast majority of Spurs fans are and have been proven right. Some of them could have checked the smug attitude at the door, but this being their forum and the Spurs being Champions, I guess such comes with the territory. I've been able to stomach such for three years now, and for 2500+ posts. Obviously I know the drill.

I have no issues with Spurs fans starting whatever topics they wish and this here Spurs forum. It's just funny that the topics continue to include themselves bitching and moaning about the Suns and their fans still bitching and moaning.

I'm just as bored as the next guy, so I do understand to a degree. Still, it's tough trying to be a valued member to this forum when your team is getting railed upon simply because of lunacy (Suns fanatics that won't quit their bitching) or boredom (Spurs fans who have nothing better to do than feed the trolls). It's hard not to respond when your team and fellow fans are being insulted.

I've done a farely good job of not responding. When I do I typically find a post of a Spurs fan that I agree with, or I simply ask why such is still the sport of choice.

Whatever. I guess anything Suns related, I, as a Suns fan, will just ignore... Yeah, that makes sense too... :dramaquee

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Uh, guys, the only Suns fans posting in this thread is the antithesis of the thread's point.

samikeyp
06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Im not sure if its a "majority of Spurs fans" since in order to have a majority you need to know the total number of Spurs fans first but JMark is right...this is a dead issue. There are a few bitchy Suns fans who won't let it go and there are a few Spurs fans who won't either and do so under the guise of "responding". The same rule applies here as it does to all trolls. Ignore and they go away.

Thank GOD the finals start tonight.....then maybe we can talk basketball that is still being played again.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Actually no, I know you remember the bloody nose of Steve Nash which kept him out of the game for the most towards the end..when it seemed to have calmed down he hit a three then got a lay-up, then it started bleeding again and he had to sit out. By the time he came back there was around 11 seconds left and it was pretty much over. Imagine if the Spurs were in that position and the player that had the bloody nose was Tim Duncan. Spurs would have lost. So they can actually make an excuse for bad luck in that game.
That's what Nash gets for trying to play defense. He was pissed that Parker picked his pocket and committed a frustration foul. He initiated the contact.

DfendtheStar
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm

Game 2 - Suns win 101-81
Game 4 - Suns win 104-98

Looks like the only ass kicking took place in game 2, which was a Suns victory. The series was damn close. Either team could have taken it, and no one can deny that the Suns got some bad breaks in this series. From Nash’s gushing nose to the 200 or so no-calls on Bruce Bowen to the untimely suspensions of Amare and Diaw, Suns lost more to the gods of fate than the Spurs themselves.

What did Pop say after game 6? Something like “I never want to see those guys again”.

I hope he’s wrong. My prediction: this will be your last championship for a loooooong time kids, so enjoy it while you can.

this coming from one of the worst teams in the league for the past 10 years?? How long do you think when the celts will make it to the playoffs again??

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I wish more Spurs fans could be like JMark.

101A
06-07-2007, 11:41 AM
The Suns got beat. I wish Suns fans would just accept it, and wish Spurs fans would stop pretending its the knowledgeable Suns fans who are arguing any differently.

We, the smart Suns fans, know it. You, the smart Spurs fans know it. I came here for basketball talk, but every day there's a new thread on the same tired topic.

The horse is dead. Why I continue to look is just as puzzling as why so many continue to beat it. Guess I'm being just as silly as those I'm now criticizing. Guess I should stop...

Nice. lol.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Hmmmm

Game 2 - Suns win 101-81
Game 4 - Suns win 104-98

Looks like the only ass kicking took place in game 2, which was a Suns victory. The series was damn close. Either team could have taken it,I know you were too busy jerking off to pictures of Greg Oden to actually watch the games, but the Suns went on runs to make a few of those games look much closer than they were.

and no one can deny that the Suns got some bad breaks in this series.Every team gets bad breaks. Only the Suns use them as an excuse for losing.

From Nash’s gushing noseWhich he got committing a foul immediately after committing a turnover...

to the 200 or so no-calls on Bruce Bowen :lmao They were no-calls because they were no-fouls.

to the untimely suspensions of Amare and DiawI wasn't aware that being required to play by the same rules as everyone else constitutes a "bad break".

Suns lost more to the gods of fate than the Spurs themselves.That part's true. The Suns came into the series whining and complaining and looking for a reason to lose. It was their fate that they'd find one. Fortunately for them they found three or four that they've really stuck to.

What did Pop say after game 6? Something like “I never want to see those guys again”.Steve Nash scored five points with blood gushing out of his face, yet the Suns complained about the blood rule. The Suns whined about physical basketball and dirty play when there wasn't much of either to be found in the series. The Suns politicked to the league multiple times to have Bruce Bowen suspended for minimal contact in two separate games. Two players ran onto the court during an altercation started by their own teammate and then one lied to the media about his intentions. The Suns spearheaded the efforts to have the league ignore the rules in their favor while suspending Robert Horry for two games. The Suns coach ran out onto the floor multiple times during inbounds plays at the end of a game because his team was out of position and wasn't called for it. The Suns fans threw objects at Spurs players and coaches. Suns fans and players continue to complain that they were shafted, going so far as attempting to diminish the accomplishments of the Spurs so far in the playoffs.

You wouldn't want to see them again, either.

If the Spurs go out and get their asses handed to them by Cleveland, I'll always look back fondly on this season that they at least kept the Suns and their fans from having anything to celebrate aside from a Spurs loss in the finals.

Soul_Patch
06-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Hmmmm

Game 2 - Suns win 101-81
Game 4 - Suns win 104-98

Im gonna go ahead and say the only ass kicking that took place is the suns loosing 4 games, vs. the spurs only loosing 2.

id rather loose 1 game by 20, then 4 games by any margin.

thats just me though, i guess the suns have a year or so to think about which is better.

DDS4
06-07-2007, 11:50 AM

2nd.

However, every new thread saying that the Spurs are dirty or didn't deserve to be in the Finals opens the floodgates.

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 11:56 AM
D'Antoni failed the Suns. He allows a chaotic offense to be the backbone of this team. You can't build upon chaos. You need some sort of support. Structure, so to speak. They don't have it in their improv/opportunistic offense, they don't have it in their solid, but overwelmed defense, nor in their improving, but still middle of the pack rebounding. There's no one thing they can rely on when everything else is out of their control. On top of everything else, D'Antoni misused Thomas in Game 1, failed to put specific player in positions where they could succeed throughout the series, failed to develop a ninth and tenth rotation option of Rose and Jumaine Jones throughout the regular season which hurt as the Suns became increasingly exhausted, reaching an unfortunate climax in game five when, by the fourth, they were completely run into the ground... A few actual called plays... A few actual developed bench players... A little bit of actual coaching and perhaps the Suns don't fold as easily.

Coaches enable. Unforunately ours enabled the Spurs to win the series.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 11:56 AM

You aren't alone. I can't keep myself away, either. I have tried to adopt a "no feeding the trolls" policy regarding Suns apologists and I've been a dismal failure. Much respect to your basketball knowledge and sorry if it sounds like I'm lumping you in. I also get kind of wound up on gameday. If all Suns fans were like you the competition would be much more enjoyable.

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 11:57 AM
2nd.

However, every new thread saying that the Spurs are dirty or didn't deserve to be in the Finals opens the floodgates.

OK, but if you look, most of these posts come in response to a thread Suns fans didn't start. Cut out the threads, and you will drastically rid out the hate.

Like I said, whatever. Boredom is a monster.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
OK, but if you look, most of these posts come in response to a thread Suns fans didn't start. Cut out the threads, and you will drastically rid out the hate.

Like I said, whatever. Boredom is a monster.
In fairness, there are a few of them here still peppering dozens of threads with ridiculous shit. I started one myself in response to that rather than see yet another thread devolve into name calling. Guys like you need to spend more time here talking about basketball than trying to defend the trolls or scolding those of us that are sick of them.

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Guys like you need to spend more time here talking about basketball than trying to defend the trolls or scolding those of us that are sick of them.

Fair enough...

BTW, in that 95-96 Suns/Bulls game, I remembered that late in the fourth, Finley actually fouled out on a Jordan pumpfake. After the standing ovation from the Suns crowd, Jordan went over, said something to him, and then smacked him on the butt. You know that had to be one of the bright spots of Finley's career. He later became one of Jordan's first clients when he launched his shoe line.

to21
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM

I agree dude.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Fair enough...

BTW, in that 95-96 Suns/Bulls game, I remembered that late in the fourth, Finley actually fouled out on a Jordan pumpfake. After the standing ovation from the Suns crowd, Jordan went over, said something to him, and then smacked him on the butt. You know that had to be one of the bright spots of Finley's career. He later became one of Jordan's first clients when he launched his shoe line.
Those are the kind of games ESPN Classic should show. Why do they show the 2007 Poker championship over and over?

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Those are the kind of games ESPN Classic should show. Why do they show the 2007 Poker championship over and over?

I haven't had Classic in a while, but if they are showing the same thing that ESPN and ESPN2 are showing over and over, I guess I'm not missing much.

I wish I had it on tape.

to21
06-07-2007, 01:19 PM

Yeah I love poker but how many times do we have to see reruns of the stuff.

Fin was/is a monster! I remember he threw down a couple on Dave that made me jump in my seat.

O-Factor
06-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Sun Fan is funny as hell. Their misery makes me smile!

ATRAIN
06-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Jmark well said