PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Vs. Tyson

PeterBurns
06-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Yes. Buster Douglas Beat Iron Mike Tyson in Tokyo.

But the question is.....Could Douglas Beat Tyson 4 out of 7 Fights?

I don't think so.

Spurs in 5.....Douglas might get a lucky punch

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.needlenose.com/images/tyson_douglas.jpg

dbreiden83080
06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
http://www.needlenose.com/images/tyson_douglas.jpg

As long as Tim Duncan does not hire Don King as his agent or dump Amy and marry Robin Givens the Spurs will be just fine and i will be doing plenty of this :drunk after they win.

PM5K
06-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Yes. Buster Douglas Beat Iron Mike Tyson in Tokyo.

But the question is.....Could Douglas Beat Tyson 4 out of 7 Fights?

I don't think so.

Spurs in 5.....Douglas might get a lucky punch

Yes he could Peter, yes he could.

Thank God we aren't Mike Tyson...

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 12:32 AM
As long as Tim Duncan does not hire Don King as his agent or dump Amy and marry Robin Givens the Spurs will be just fine and i will be doing plenty of this :drunk after they win.

How about this guy instead?

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes510/Rocky81.Jpeg

dbreiden83080
06-07-2007, 12:52 AM
How about this guy instead?

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes510/Rocky81.Jpeg

"Get up you son of a BITCH, because Mickey loves you".

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Anyone who says Douglas beat Tyson with a lucky punch didn't watch the fight, because Douglas landed about 200 of them. The only lucky punch was Tyson's uppercut in the eighth round.

If you are going to use a boxing match with a lucky punch for an analogy, use the Mike Weaver vs. John Tate fight, please.

sandman
06-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Anyone who says Douglas beat Tyson with a lucky punch didn't watch the fight, because Douglas landed about 200 of them. The only lucky punch was Tyson's uppercut in the eighth round.

If you are going to use a boxing match with a lucky punch for an analogy, use the Mike Weaver vs. John Tate fight, please.

Yes, I incorrectly used "lucky punch" regarding this fight as well on another thread. :oops

Would one-fight wonder be better? Didn't Buster drop like an 8-year old girl on a weak hit in his title defense? Then was quickly out of boxing and blew up to like 350+ pounds?

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes, I incorrectly used "lucky punch" regarding this fight as well on another thread. :oops

Would one-fight wonder be better? Didn't Buster drop like an 8-year old girl on a weak hit in his title defense? Then was quickly out of boxing and blew up to like 350+ pounds?
Yeah, he only prepared for the one fight in his entire career. Holyfield knocked him out in like seven seconds and Douglas just sat there counting himself out and checking to see if he was bleeding. He was one of those guys like Stanley Roberts that had a lot of talent but didn't ever give any effort or even show up in shape. I'll never say Douglas was a great heavyweight, but he beat the shit out of Tyson, who was on a steep downward spiral by the Douglas fight.

BigBeezie
06-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Spurs in 2. That is all...

sandman
06-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, he only prepared for the one fight in his entire career. Holyfield knocked him out in like seven seconds and Douglas just sat there counting himself out and checking to see if he was bleeding. He was one of those guys like Stanley Roberts that had a lot of talent but didn't ever give any effort or even show up in shape. I'll never say Douglas was a great heavyweight, but he beat the shit out of Tyson, who was on a steep downward spiral by the Douglas fight.

Wasn't his nickname "Hotplate" because of his legendary eating prowess?

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Wasn't his nickname "Hotplate" because of his legendary eating prowess?
No, that was his Clipper teammate, John Williams. The Cavs had a John Williams nicknamed "Hot Rod". I don't know who came up with "Hot Plate" but it's one of the funniest nicknames ever. Williams was a hell of a talent, too, and he was never in shape.

MadDog73
06-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Why the fuck would anyone want to compare a washed up boxer to the Spurs?

BWJACKETS
06-07-2007, 09:19 AM

Yeah, seriously. Buster Douglas whupped Tyson's ass in that fight, he consistantly was blasting him with heavy shots.

PeterBurns
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Okay. What Tyson has become is different that what Tyson was.

Perhaps it would have been better to say that it's the equivalent of Lindsay Lohan beating Scarlett Johansson as Maxim's Hottest Girl Alive.

Yeah, Lindsay might win one or two, but not 4 out of 7.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Okay. What Tyson has become is different that what Tyson was.

Perhaps it would have been better to say that it's the equivalent of Lindsay Lohan beating Scarlett Johansson as Maxim's Hottest Girl Alive.

Yeah, Lindsay might win one or two, but not 4 out of 7.
Agreed. Tyson was great early in his career when he was actually a boxer. But he was already a bad fighter with nothing but a scary reputation and a bad disposition by the time of the Douglas fight. Before that fight he beat Larry Holmes (who was old and fat), Tyrell Biggs (who cried in the ring), Tony Tubbs (whose physique matched his name), Michael Spinks (most overrated fighter of all time) and Frank Bruno (Who almost knocked him out in the first round). He fired Kevin Rooney after the Spinks fight, who he hadn't been listening to for some time by that point, and hired some buddies who put an icepack on his swollen face and whispered encouraging things in his ear between beatings by Buster.

I won 80 bucks in a pool on that fight. We all put in a dollar per round and drew round numbers out of a hat for which round Tyson would knock Douglas out. After the fifth round we changed the rules slightly.

If Lindsey Lohan is in the top 20 of any hottest girl alive list the judges should be tested for testosterone.