PDA

View Full Version : What Western team could the Cavs beat?

DarrinS
06-07-2007, 10:09 AM
1. Mavs
2. Warriors
3. Jazz
4. Nuggets
5. Rockets
6. Suns
7. Lakers

Thunder Dan
06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
They have beaten the Jazz, Warriors, Lakers, and I think Nuggets. I can't look it up, but I think the Jazz are 1-5 vs. the Cavs in the last 3 years.

But it's almost like some Spurs fans are insulted there is even a Finals this year. It's probably true that the Spurs will win the series, but atleast let it happen. I know the flamers for the Cavs are the reason for most of this, but don't be so arrogant as to think that there is no team worthy enough to even share the court with the Spurs. Like I said, the Cavs in all liklihood will lose, but don't belittle them for doing the only thing capable of them by winning the East, the conference they happen to be in.

hater
06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
oops I read thing wrong.

Cavs could only beat Warriors, Lakers and Rockets in a 7 game series

BWJACKETS
06-07-2007, 10:57 AM
This poll is lame! :spin

IM NOT DIRTY
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
they can beat the spurs, as proven.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Let's hope the answer to this question doesn't prove to be "the Spurs."

CubanMustGo
06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
they can beat the spurs in meaningless regular season games, as proven.

Fixed.

lebomb
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
They have beaten the Jazz, Warriors, Lakers, and I think Nuggets. I can't look it up, but I think the Jazz are 1-5 vs. the Cavs in the last 3 years.

But it's almost like some Spurs fans are insulted there is even a Finals this year. It's probably true that the Spurs will win the series, but atleast let it happen. I know the flamers for the Cavs are the reason for most of this, but don't be so arrogant as to think that there is no team worthy enough to even share the court with the Spurs. Like I said, the Cavs in all liklihood will lose, but don't belittle them for doing the only thing capable of them by winning the East, the conference they happen to be in.

Im a Spurs fan big time, but I could not agree with you more.

Let this thing play out.......a Spurs 4th ring isnt a guarantee.

:nope

IM NOT DIRTY
06-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Fixed.

regular season games ARE NOT meaningless. if your team missed playoffs by 1 game, u look back and see 0-2 when playing cleveland.

also its A DAMN GAME, it still shows cavs can hang with spurs, unless your team is not trying?? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dizzy duncan, after lebron dunks on him again.

TampaDude
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
they can beat the spurs, as proven.

Not in a 7-game playoff series, they can't! :lol

O-Factor
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
But it's almost like some Spurs fans are insulted there is even a Finals this year. It's probably true that the Spurs will win the series. . . but don't be so arrogant as to think that there is no team worthy enough to even share the court with the Spurs.

But after going through the West no team is worthy enough to share the court with us...thats just a fact.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
But it's almost like some Spurs fans are insulted there is even a Finals this year. It's probably true that the Spurs will win the series, but atleast let it happen. I know the flamers for the Cavs are the reason for most of this, but don't be so arrogant as to think that there is no team worthy enough to even share the court with the Spurs.

I agree with you about this. Many Spurs fans have become obnoxiously arrogant and ridiculously complacent abut this series. The Cavs present a formidable challenge in many ways and the Spurs had better play good basketball or they'll find themselves with a long summer of what if's.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Cavs could probably beat the Nuggets and Lakers.

Thunder Dan
06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
But after going through the West no team is worthy enough to share the court with us...thats just a fact.

Here is a private message O-Factor sent to me, notice the bold phrase as it relates to this post above:

Your a cavs fan that would be happy if the Spurs won the finals huh? You are nothing but a piece of shit troll. We come here for intelligent analysis of the finals and people like you start shit and get pissed when we go on the offensive. Simple as that. Look I've come across your posts and no one is a bigger asshole than you. But there are some of us can be bigger assholes. You don't like me messaging you? Too bad prick.

florige
06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Cavs could probably beat the Nuggets and Lakers.

Maybe Lakers, I doubt Nuggets.

Mav Troll
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Mavs Would Sweep Teh Cavs In Three Games!

Thats How Good We Are

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
regular season games ARE NOT meaningless. if your team missed playoffs by 1 game, u look back and see 0-2 when playing cleveland.

also its A DAMN GAME, it still shows cavs can hang with spurs, unless your team is not trying?? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dizzy duncan, after lebron dunks on him again.
Yea. Sorry to tell you but we really weren't trying. You don't know what you got yourself into. :ihit

JoeTait75
06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
1. Mavs Probably not
2. Warriors Yes
3. Jazz Toss-Up
4. Nuggets Yes- Denver = Washington when healthy
5. Rockets Toss-up
6. Suns Absolutely not
7. Lakers Yes- Smush Parker couldn't even start for our 17-win team in 2002-03

CubanMustGo
06-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Allow someone who is paid for a living to do this shit educate you further:

Myth No. 2: It means something that Cleveland beat San Antonio twice this season.

If this were the NFL ... yeah, it would mean something. But those wins came on Nov. 3 and Jan. 2. Why is this relevant? In the words of Phil Leotardo, lemme tell you a couple three things. For the first half of the season, San Antonio was a nonthreat compared to Dallas and Phoenix and I stopped monitoring the Spurs almost completely. Starting in February, I missed three weeks of non-Celtics games because I was dallying with college hoops -- yes, the halcyon days of the Oden-Durant Sweepstakes, well before May 22 turned me into a full-fledged alcoholic -- and found myself blindsided by John Hollinger's blog on Feb. 25 that suddenly ranked the Spurs as the best team in basketball.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? The Spurs had a giant fork in their backs! How could this be?

Intrigued, I watched them a few times and wouldn't you know it ... Hollinger was right. The Spurs looked like a totally different team. Ginobili's move to the bench on Jan. 28 eventually energized both him and Finley (more comfortable as a starter), and for whatever reason, Duncan raised his defense to another level (I can't remember him ever defending as well). In a two-month stretch from Feb. 13 to April 13, they kicked it into fifth gear by going 25-3 (including a 13-game winning streak), shifted into neutral for the last three games (all losses) with a No. 3 seed locked up, then kicked it back up into fifth by going 12-4 against Denver, Phoenix and Utah in the playoffs.

Here's the point: Throw out those cruise-control games and the Spurs are 37-7 since Feb. 13. And since the Cavs didn't play them during this stretch, as far as I'm concerned, their 2006-07 history is moot.

Bill Simmons: :smokin
IM NOT DIRTY: :dizzy :wtf :(

41times
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Lebron could be the teams that did not make the playoffs in the West buy himself!

Shaolin-Style
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Besides the lakers and warriors, most of them would probably overcome the cavs, even some that didn't make the playoffs.

Jimcs50
06-07-2007, 12:55 PM
oops I read thing wrong.

Cavs could only beat Warriors, Lakers and Rockets in a 7 game series

I read it wrong too..I chose the Mavs. My bad.

I think Clevland would beat Denver, LA, GS and Utah, but lose to Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and Dallas

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I think they'd beat the Warriors and LA easily. Utah would be even. Mavs, Rockets, Suns and Nuggets would beat the Cavs.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think they would have made the playoffs in the West. They would have finished tenth behind the Clippers.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 01:11 PM
The lakers, thats it

Leetonidas
06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
The Lakers. That's probably it.