PDA

View Full Version : Jericho is being brought back.

easjer
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Dunno if anyone here watches it, but it quickly became my favorite show. Not necessarily a good show, but an entertaining hour of television, ripe with intrigue and cliffhangers and cheesy goodness and then the great pleasure of snarking on it for a week afterwards. I was depressed when they cancelled the show, because it was such a highlight of my week.

Well, fans mounted a letter/email/phone call and nuts campaign. The main character in the final episode told the WWII story about saying Nuts! to the Germans instead of surrendering, and then says Nuts to the guys who were trying to overtake the town. So fans subsequently sent 50,000 POUNDS of peanuts to the CBS offices in protest of the show's cancellation (please note that I did not go that far).

And they are bringing it back for 7 more episodes, with the possibility of more if ratings are good, and have pledged to do what they can to encourage new audiences (since many of us felt that the declining ratings were CBS' fault for lack of advertising and sticking it with an inexplicable 3 month hiatus mid-season).

The only thing that can make this day better is a Spurs win tonight (and even if that doesn't happen, this will remain a decent day).

:spin

ATRAIN
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Dunno if anyone here watches it, but it quickly became my favorite show. Not necessarily a good show, but an entertaining hour of television, ripe with intrigue and cliffhangers and cheesy goodness and then the great pleasure of snarking on it for a week afterwards. I was depressed when they cancelled the show, because it was such a highlight of my week.

Well, fans mounted a letter/email/phone call and nuts campaign. The main character in the final episode told the WWII story about saying Nuts! to the Germans instead of surrendering, and then says Nuts to the guys who were trying to overtake the town. So fans subsequently sent 50,000 POUNDS of peanuts to the CBS offices in protest of the show's cancellation (please note that I did not go that far).

And they are bringing it back for 7 more episodes, with the possibility of more if ratings are good, and have pledged to do what they can to encourage new audiences (since many of us felt that the declining ratings were CBS' fault for lack of advertising and sticking it with an inexplicable 3 month hiatus mid-season).

The only thing that can make this day better is a Spurs win tonight (and even if that doesn't happen, this will remain a decent day).

:spin

Yeah heard about that.........I wish they would bring back other shows that I loved that got cancelled.

PakiDan
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeahhh!!!!!! To celebrate - I am going to speak in Italian: Jericho è un'esposizione grande! Sono felice lo ho riportato. Molto sono stato rovesciato quando ho imparato che era stato annullato. Desidera Jericho in tensione, lungo vive i denti cilindrici!

ATRAIN
06-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeahhh!!!!!! To celebrate - I am going to speak in Italian: Jericho è un'esposizione grande! Sono felice lo ho riportato. Molto sono stato rovesciato quando ho imparato che era stato annullato. Desidera Jericho in tensione, lungo vive i denti cilindrici!

So what does that mean?

PakiDan
06-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Jericho is a great show. I was sad when they cancelled it. Long live Jericho, Long live the Spurs! -- translation

Spurminator
06-07-2007, 01:15 PM
We should send blue paint to FOX so they bring back Arrested Development.

Nbadan
06-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Damn...I thought this tread was about wrestling...

Bring back The Ultimate Warrior (http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/22676)

:lol

ATRAIN
06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Damn...I thought this tread was about wrestling...

Bring back The Ultimate Warrior (http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/22676)

:lol

lol