PDA

View Full Version : The western conference is hype:

Pages : [1] 2

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
All this talk about the Western Conference being stronger then the Eastern conference is a BIG PHAT JOKE! NBA fans and experts are hugh hypocrits! One minute they wanna claim that the POSTSEASON is different then the REGULAR SEASON and the next minute they want to compare the two. For example, everyone keeps talking bout how the West is stronger because their teams have better records (WHICH IS A REGULAR SEASON), but NO ONE talks about how the Eastern Conference is 2 and 1 against the Western conference the last 3 years. Everyone wants to bring up the Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, and on and on BUT only ONE of those teams have won a title in the last ten years. Outside of L.A. (With Shaq who no longer plays in the West) and the Spurs, no one else has done SQUAT in the last 10 YEARS!!!!! The Lakers also beat some WEAK teams themselves in the finals (Pacers, Nets, and Philly), but NO ONE brings that up!!!

When people talk about the AFC being stronger then the NFC in the NFL, it can be proven with REGULAR SEASON RECORDS and TITLES. New England, Indy, Baltimore, and Pittsbugh have titles in the last 10 years to prove there strenght! That's why you can't debate who is the stronger conference!

BUT.....

In basketball it's a complete JOKE because one conference has the record, but the TEAMS that are considered ELITE don't all have titles. The Spurs and the old Lakers with Shaq are the ONLY teams that have done something in the last ten years AGAIN, so how is the west stronger? The finals for the last three years suggest otherwise!

The allstar game isn't suppose to count HECK we won it last year, so what???

The Western Conference is ALL HYPE AND OUT SIDE OF TWO FRANCHISES very, very, very OVER RATED!

Cleveland's record was 19-11 against the West which means if they played in the west they could've won up to 53 games, SO WHAT??? and in those 19 victories TWO came against the Spurs, but like you all say "THAT'S THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!" :hungry:

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Nuggets > Cavs

CubanMustGo
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
and 2-8 over the last 10. get over yourself already.

ObiwanGinobili
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
I thought you were never posting here again?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I think he's taking English lessons from hoopsczar.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Every team in the West playoffs except the Lakers>>>>>>>Cavs

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
The Western Conference is ALL HYPE AND OUT SIDE OF TWO FRANCHISES very, very, very OVER RATED!

Problematically for the Cavs, one of the two franchises that has caused the "overrating" of the Western Conference is alive and playing in this year's Finals.

FromWayDowntown
and 2-8 over the last 10. get over yourself already.

If you're talking about West v. East in the Finals, that number is incorrect.

Trainwreck2100
I thought you weren't going to post anymore

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
The Lakers also beat some WEAK teams themselves in the finals (Pacers, Nets, and Philly), but NO ONE brings that up!!!And this supports your contention theat the east is strong in what way?

hater
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
All this talk about the Western Conference being stronger then the Eastern conference is a BIG PHAT JOKE! NBA fans and experts are hugh hypocrits! One minute they wanna claim that the POSTSEASON is different then the REGULAR SEASON and the next minute they want to compare the two. For example, everyone keeps talking bout how the West is stronger because their teams have better records (WHICH IS A REGULAR SEASON), but NO ONE talks about how the Eastern Conference is 2 and 1 against the Western conference the last 3 years. Everyone wants to bring up the Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, and on and on BUT only ONE of those teams have won a title in the last ten years. Outside of L.A. (With Shaq who no longer plays in the West) and the Spurs, no one else has done SQUAT in the last 10 YEARS!!!!! The Lakers also beat some WEAK teams themselves in the finals (Pacers, Nets, and Philly), but NO ONE brings that up!!!

When people talk about the AFC being stronger then the NFC in the NFL, it can be proven with REGULAR SEASON RECORDS and TITLES. New England, Indy, Baltimore, and Pittsbugh have titles in the last 10 years to prove there strenght! That's why you can't debate who is the stronger conference!

BUT.....

In basketball it's a complete JOKE because one conference has the record, but the TEAMS that are considered ELITE don't all have titles. The Spurs and the old Lakers with Shaq are the ONLY teams that have done something in the last ten years AGAIN, so how is the west stronger? The finals for the last three years suggest otherwise!

The allstar game isn't suppose to count HECK we won it last year, so what???

Cleveland's record was 19-11 against the West which means if they played in the west they could've won up to 53 games, SO WHAT??? and in those 19 victories TWO came against the Spurs, but like you all say "THAT'S THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!" :hungry:

boring post :sleep

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Cleveland's record against the Spurs' Western Conference playoff opponents this season was 1-5.

If you want to brag about a couple of early regular season wins against a sleepwalking Spurs team feel free to be sorely disappointed with the outcome of this series.

BWJACKETS
06-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Some good points mixed in with some bad ones as well. That post was so huge I'm not even going to begin tearing it apart and listing what I think is relevant and what isn't. All I'm going to ask is how long it takes for all of the media and fans to reverse their predictions when they find out that Cleveland is no joke and they could win it all? They absolutely smoked the Pistons and they are playing amazing defense right now.

CubanMustGo
If you're talking about West v. East in the Finals, that number is incorrect.

I was including this year. :smokin

Kiss ma Grits
Yes and like I said only two of those franchises have titles (Lakers when they had Shaq and who have sucked since) and the Spur who have three (two with the Admiral).

the lakers beat (the nets, 76ers, and the pacers) all laughable jokes!

klx23
KMG, hate to break it to you, but the West is better than the East, which was pretty much up for grabs the entire season.

Plus, they get a lot of hype/attention from the media because the Mavericks, Suns, and Kobe Bryant are all in the West.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 02:35 PM
So I guess Pop is going to play Udrih and Bonner in the rotation and there will be back to backs in the Finals?

hater

I would not say that

those nets > these cavs

those sixers = these cavs

ChumpDumper
the lakers beat (the nets, 76ers, and the pacers) all laughable jokes!....from the east....

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Some good points mixed in with some bad ones as well. That post was so huge I'm not even going to begin tearing it apart and listing what I think is relevant and what isn't. All I'm going to ask is how long it takes for all of the media and fans to reverse their predictions when they find out that Cleveland is no joke and they could win it all? They absolutely smoked the Pistons and they are playing amazing defense right now.

They beat a Pistons team in 6 games led by Flip Saunders and with Ben Wallace fishing with the Bulls.

phyzik
Change your name to CavsDynasty, at least then it will be funny instead of just stupid.

mardigan
And how does this support your theory again?

Kiss ma Grits
Cleveland's record against the Spurs' Western Conference playoff opponents this season was 1-5.

If you want to brag about a couple of early regular season wins against a sleepwalking Spurs team feel free to be sorely disappointed with the outcome of this series.

but our record against the spurs were 2 AND 0 and WE HAVE WON THE LAST THREE, but you're making my point you keep saying that the season doesn't matter but you continue to bring up things that happened in the season....doesn't make sense :rolleyes

Mr.Bottomtooth
He's still dodging Chumpdumper's post.

Soul_Patch
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I sware BWJACKETS is the cavs version of SPURSDYNASTY

they are long lost brothers.

Trainwreck2100
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I thought you weren't going to post here anymore.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
The point to this....the Lakers and Spurs are the ONLY teams that have titles in the last Ten years and the Lakers earned theirs when Shaq played for L.A., who hasn't done yack since...that's undebatable!

mardigan

Spursdynasty>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BWJ

ChumpDumper
but our record against the spurs were 2 AND 0Nuggets > Cavs.

but you're making my point you keep saying that the season doesn't matter but you continue to bring up things that happened in the season.Had the Spurs been playing like they did in November and January, they wouldn't have made it past the Nugget team that is so much better than the Cavs.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
The point to this....the Lakers and Spurs are the ONLY teams that have titles in the last Ten years and the Lakers earned theirs when Shaq played for L.A., who hasn't done yack since...that's undebatable!
Again, how does this support your theory?

Kiss ma Grits
Here's another fact, only the Spurs and Lakers have been to the finals in the last ten years consistantly....Dallas was a one hit wonder....The Western Conference as a whole is all HYPE!

Marcus Bryant
but our record against the spurs were 2 AND 0 and WE HAVE WON THE LAST THREE, but you're making my point you keep saying that the season doesn't matter but you continue to bring up things that happened in the season....doesn't make sense :rolleyes

Sure it does. All of those games came later in the season. You are the one stressing the importance of the regular season.

Of those last 3 games, 2 were the 2nd game of a back to back with the Spurs having won a close game at the end. The other featured Bonner for 25 minutes and Udrih for 12 or so. Oh, and the last one was over 5 months ago, well before the Spurs took their game up a notch.

FromWayDowntown
I was including this year. :smokin

Even then, it would still be wrong.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Here's another fact, only the Spurs and Lakers have been to the finals in the last ten years consistantly....Dallas was a one hit wonder....The Western Conference as a whole is all HYPE!

Remarkably, the Spurs are in THIS YEAR'S Finals, too.

CubanMustGo

Here's another fact, your grasp of logic is nonexistent.

ATRAIN
hahaha WOW east fans that aren't cavs i'm sure aren't this dumb. Other than the Bulls there hasnt been a dominant East team. Miami of last year..........they shouldn't have won and everyone except Miami fans know that.

cherylsteele
And if the West is so much hype....what happened to those east teams in the finals?

mardigan
06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
This year would make 7 out of 9

Kiss ma Grits
Again, how does this support your theory?

The other teams in your conferences are HYPE. It's all regular season hype and underachievements in the playoffs....Denver......Phoenix......Lakers (without shaq)........and Dallas

CubanMustGo
This year would make 7 out of 9

Yep, I can't count. Sorry.

Mr.Bottomtooth
They've been to the finals in the last 10 years consistantly because they've been the best teams in the last 10 years consistantly. Now that wasn't hard was it?

MadDog73
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Claiming the Heat and Pistons dominate the NBA is like claiming the Mavs are a dynasty...

PLEASE, please ignore any and all hype of the Mavs and Suns. That's your first mistake.

Your second mistake is not ignoring the Hype on Lebron. Yes, he's a great player. Yes, the Cavs are the best team in the East.

But until the Cavs win a Championship, of course the Spurs are going to get the credit. Relish it. Enjoy being the underdog. It's worked for the Spurs (against the forementioned Lakers, Suns and Mavs), for years now.

Budkin
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Wrong.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
If I'M Wrong, prove it otherwise cause anybody can express themselves by living in denial.......Nets, 76ers, Pacers, Pistons, Cavs, and Miami have been to the finals in the last ten years and 3 of those teams have lost to Shaq who plays in the East.

that's a FACT...

Only the Spurs and Mavs have been to the finals........THAT'S A FACT......how is that conference dominance? Kobe hasn't been close to the finals since Shaq....THAT'S A FACT

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
The other teams in your conferences are HYPE. It's all regular season hype and underachievements in the playoffs....Denver......Phoenix......Lakers (without shaq)........and Dallas
Maybe it's not the other teams that are too hyped up, maybe it's the Spurs just being the best all the time?

BWJACKETS
06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
hahaha WOW east fans that aren't cavs i'm sure aren't this dumb. Other than the Bulls there hasnt been a dominant East team. Miami of last year..........they shouldn't have won and everyone except Miami fans know that.

Guess what? Miami DID win it last season so you are talking out of your ass right now. What the fuck are you talking about Miami shouldn't have won it? They DID win it!!!

Do you know how stupid you sound? What if I just said "Oh, San Antonio in 2005...they shouldn't have won it, everybody knows it, they're a fraud." You would be pissed! And deep down, you know you are right and I am wrong! Just like right now you are wrong and I am right! Miami won it last season, give the East some credit, and let's play the games and the better team will be decided on the court.

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
You're totally right. This is exactly why Allen Iverson stayed on the East.

mardigan
If I'M Wrong, prove it otherwise cause anybody can express themselves by living in denial.......Nets, 76ers, Pacers, Pistons, Cavs, and Miami have been to the finals in the last ten years and 3 of those teams have lost to Shaq who plays in the East.

that's a FACT...

Only the Spurs and Mavs have been to the finals........THAT'S A FACT......how is that conference dominance? Kobe hasn't been close to the finals since Shaq....THAT'S A FACT
Are you really this dumb? You realize that there has to be a East team in the playoffs right? If there didnt have to be, I doubt there would have been a East team in the playoffs in the last 9 years

MadDog73
I'd say the Western Conference (except for the Spurs, of course) ARE hype.

The Mavs lost to the Heat. The Kobe, Shaq and Payton Lakers lost to the no-star Pistons.

Neither the Heat nor the Pistons could repeat. Now the Pistons (a very good team, which gave the Spurs their biggest Finals fight), are done.

So, yes, until the Mavs or Sun prove themselves, the West in general is hype.

The Spurs are not.

ChumpDumper
FACT! There has been an eastern conference team in every finals in the past ten years!

YOU CAN'T DENY THIS, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Budkin
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
FACT! There has been an eastern conference team in every finals in the past ten years!

:lmao

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Claiming the Heat and Pistons dominate the NBA is like claiming the Mavs are a dynasty...

PLEASE, please ignore any and all hype of the Mavs and Suns. That's your first mistake.

Your second mistake is not ignoring the Hype on Lebron. Yes, he's a great player. Yes, the Cavs are the best team in the East.

But until the Cavs win a Championship, of course the Spurs are going to get the credit. Relish it. Enjoy being the underdog. It's worked for the Spurs (against the forementioned Lakers, Suns and Mavs), for years now.

Didn't say that! Don't put words in my mouth! Though.......Detroit and Miami have titles to show for.........but they're FAR from dynasty's. You need to reread the thread and find facts that debate my arguments intelligent one :wakeup

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
but they're FAR from dynasty'sThey're far from dynasty's what?

Why are you bringing a prime time soap opera into this?

mardigan
Guess what? Miami DID win it last season so you are talking out of your ass right now. What the fuck are you talking about Miami shouldn't have won it? They DID win it!!!

Do you know how stupid you sound? What if I just said "Oh, San Antonio in 2005...they shouldn't have won it, everybody knows it, they're a fraud." You would be pissed! And deep down, you know you are right and I am wrong! Just like right now you are wrong and I am right! Miami won it last season, give the East some credit, and let's play the games and the better team will be decided on the court.
Do you know how stupid you sound in every one of your posts. Why dont you go back to watching ESPN News to catch up with the rest of the people that have watched basketball longer than the last 2 weeks.
You are by far the worst new poster here, and you should just shut the fuck up

Mr.Bottomtooth

:lmao

Kiss ma Grits
I'd say the Western Conference (except for the Spurs, of course) ARE hype.

The Mavs lost to the Heat. The Kobe, Shaq and Payton Lakers lost to the no-star Pistons.

Neither the Heat nor the Pistons could repeat. Now the Pistons (a very good team, which gave the Spurs their biggest Finals fight), are done.

So, yes, until the Mavs or Sun prove themselves, the West in general is hype.

The Spurs are not.

Thank YOU!!!!!!! That's all I'm saying.....

Marcus Bryant

Miami was also 2nd in own FG% and 8th or so in opponents' FG% in 2005-06, both better than the Mavs IIRC. Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see a single EC team that was top 10 in both categories this season.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank YOU!!!!!!! That's all I'm saying.....
So if the West is hype, what does that make the East?

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
So if the West is hype, what does that make the East?Tripe.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
You need to reread the thread and find facts that debate my arguments intelligent one :wakeup

What, praytell, is your argument?

You've said that the West is hype, other than the Spurs and Lakers. The implication would seem to be that East teams are actually better than West teams, save the Spurs and Lakers, who aren't hype. You've been reminded that the Cavaliers are going to play the Spurs in the Finals starting in a few hours. I'm not sure what difference it makes that the Western Conference is all hype if one of the teams that you yourself exempt from that characterization is going to play your team in the Finals.

But, as usual, I shouldn't be surprised to discover that you don't really have a point.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Miami was also 2nd in own FG% and 8th or so in opponents' FG% in 2005-06, both better than the Mavs IIRC. Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see a single EC team that was top 10 in both categories this season.

SEE! There you go bringing up season well if you're gonna do that respect the fact that we have beat the Spurs 3 out of the last 4 times.....

MadDog73
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Didn't say that! Don't put words in my mouth! Though.......Detroit and Miami have titles to show for.........but they're FAR from dynasty's. You need to reread the thread and find facts that debate my arguments intelligent one :wakeup

read my second post. After thinking about it, I actually agree with you...

Actually, ALL teams in basketball are Hype right now, Except the Spurs.

I actually hope the Cavs pick up a decent second scorer, so we can get some good 'ol Western/Eastern rivalries again. I think one thing that keeps the Spurs from being more popular is the fact there is no Eastern rivalry. Many hoped the Pistons would provide that, but that's not going to happen.

Soul_Patch
06-07-2007, 02:52 PM
this thread is such HYPE!

Kiss ma Grits
So if the West is hype, what does that make the East?

More consistant as a conference :toast

Avitus1
A look at the Finals, and the West.

1997 Utah Jazz 2–4 Chicago Bulls EAST
1998 Utah Jazz 2–4 Chicago Bulls EAST
1999 San Antonio Spurs 4–1 New York Knicks WEST
2000 Los Angeles Lakers 4–2 Indiana Pacers WEST
2001 Los Angeles Lakers 4–1 Philadelphia 76ers WEST
2002 Los Angeles Lakers 4–0 New Jersey Nets WEST
2003 San Antonio Spurs 4–2 New Jersey Nets WEST
2004 Los Angeles Lakers 1–4 Detroit Pistons EAST
2005 San Antonio Spurs 4–3 Detroit Pistons WEST
2006 Dallas Mavericks 2–4 Miami Heat EAST

makedamnsure
06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Would the Cavs even make the playoffs in the west? a number 7 spot at the most

Kiss ma Grits
read my second post. After thinking about it, I actually agree with you...

Actually, ALL teams in basketball are Hype right now, Except the Spurs.

I actually hope the Cavs pick up a decent second scorer, so we can get some good 'ol Western/Eastern rivalries again. I think one thing that keeps the Spurs from being more popular is the fact there is no Eastern rivalry. Many hoped the Pistons would provide that, but that's not going to happen.

Again, THANK YOU because you read my thread and put your biased opinion aside! :clap

ChumpDumper
Instead of lecturing us about the FACT that the eastern conference indeed plays games in the NBA, just accept the FACT that Spurs teams are not as good in November and January as they are in May and June.

O-Factor
All this talk about the Western Conference being stronger then the Eastern conference is a BIG PHAT JOKE!

You are not too bright are you? Tell you Uncle/dad to stay away from your mom and quit bringing idiots like you into our world...and forum.

fyatuk
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM

I think the point of that contention is that since Jordan left the Bulls, only two teams from the East have one the finals. The '04 Pistons beat a banged up Lakers team with chemistry problems, and the '06 Heat won thanks to a massive choke job by the Mavs.

In that entire span, there was only one 7 game series, and we all know that one.

So yes, the western conference has proven superior to the east since Jordan retired. You yourself said a lot of that had to do with WEAK teams, yet those weak teams WON THE EASTERN CONFERENCE.

You contradict yourself.

And as others have said, didn't you say you weren't going to post anymore :lol

O-Factor
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Cavs would of lost to Nuggets, no doubt.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Instead of lecturing us about the FACT that the eastern conference indeed plays games in the NBA, just accept the FACT that Spurs teams are not as good in November and January as they are in May and June.

It seems like every year the Spurs end up playing someone who beat them 3 out of 4 times (with a couple of those wins early in the season) or some such in the regular season and the Spurs end up winning that series in 5.

You'd think NBA fans would recognize that the Spurs are a perennial slow starting team. Part of that is by design, but I digress. It wasn't too long ago that the Spurs looked like they would be bounced out of the postseason in the 2nd round, or perhaps even the 1st. Yet again, Rasputin won't die.

mardigan
More consistant as a conference :toast
Even though the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seeds had more wins than the east 2nd seed? Because there was a team under 500 that made the playoffs? Or there were two teames at 500 while there were none in the West? You have nothing to say, points to make, and are just another dumb Cav fan

MadDog73
I see no reason to bash the Cavs just because they come from the East.

Would Cavs have beaten the Suns? Who knows? They could have.

Bashing the Cavs to praise the Spurs is counterproductive, unless you want 2007 Championship Spurs to be the lamest Champion ever.

It's funny watching Spurs fans defend teams like the Nuggets, Suns and Mavs.

Come one Spurs fans, you know those teams are all hype.

ggoose25
06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
this is the lamest championship ever.

Cavs aren't even a team. they are one man.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 02:59 PM
You are backing a guy that hasnt made one argument for his case other than Shaq and Tim win all the titles so that makes the West weak. Well in that case, the East must have been weak when Jordan won all his titles too right?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM

They were separated at birth.

MadDog73
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
I've been bashing the Suns and Mavs all year long.

I'm not going to stop just because some Cavs Fan calls a spade a spade.

So what if the West is all hype? So is the East.

The entire NBA is hype. That's the nature of the beast. And why the Spurs are the dominate team in a league of posers.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:04 PM
For you guys to be a dynasty...I'm shocked to find less then a hand full of unbiased Spur fans....It's all opinion and NO facts with the exception of a few. Many talk about regular season records and stats THEN turn around and say "What happened in the regular season is different".

O-Factor
06-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Spurs lost to the Bucks twice this season, so I guess the Bucs are better than the Spurs, Jazz, Suns, Nuggets, Mavs, Rockets, and every other team in the league. Except for the cavs of course......new thread idea.

SAGambler
06-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I think he's taking English lessons from hoopsczar.

That would be like the blind leading the blind wouldn't it?

mardigan
06-07-2007, 03:06 PM
It's all opinion and NO facts with the exception of a few.
Mainly you dumbass

Budkin
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The Bobcats would beat us in the Finals too wouldn't they? I mean at least in all the games played at the ATT.

ambchang
06-07-2007, 03:09 PM

that's a FACT...

How does the East having a bunch of teams going in the finals getting their ass handed to them by a West team proves that the West is overrated?
The NBA from 02 to 06 have had 4 champions (Spurs, Lakers, Pistons and Heat), and yet the NBA D-League has had 5! (Greenville Groove, Mobile Revelers, Asheville Altitude, Albuquerque Thunderbirds and Dakota Wizards), this PROVES that the NBA is overhyped, and isn't that much better than the D-League.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Why dont you drop some more knowledge on us BWJ?

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
The Spurs have had a week to rest and break apart the Cavs piece by piece. That's considerably different than the second game of the season with the Spurs having gritted out a tough win the night before or in a road game the day after New Year's with the Spurs floundering and the dynamic duo of Bonner and Udrih seeing significant minutes.

41times
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Hype my ass. If the Eastern Conference teams played the Western Conference schedule i dare say that the only Eastern team that would have finished in the top 8 teams in the West would be Detroit and Chicago. And they would have been 6th or 7th.

But if the Mavs, Suns or Spurs played in the East they would all win 65-70 games every year.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Hype my ass. If the Eastern Conference teams played the Western Conference schedule i dare say that the only Eastern team that would have finished in the top 8 teams in the West would be Detroit and Chicago. And they would have been 6th or 7th.

But if the Mavs, Suns or Spurs played in the East they would all win 65-70 games every year.

Opinion, Opinion, Opinion

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
The Spurs have had a week to rest and break apart the Cavs piece by piece. That's considerably different than the second game of the season with the Spurs having gritted out a tough win the night before or in a road game the day after New Year's with the Spurs floundering and the dynamic duo of Bonner and Udrih seeing significant minutes.

:sleep

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Nuggets > Cavs

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:38 PM
:sleep

Yeah, that's what the Spurs normally do that time of the season.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:38 PM
How does the East having a bunch of teams going in the finals getting their ass handed to them by a West team proves that the West is overrated?
The NBA from 02 to 06 have had 4 champions (Spurs, Lakers, Pistons and Heat), and yet the NBA D-League has had 5! (Greenville Groove, Mobile Revelers, Asheville Altitude, Albuquerque Thunderbirds and Dakota Wizards), this PROVES that the NBA is overhyped, and isn't that much better than the D-League.

Half of those wins were because of SHAQ who no longer plays in the West. The 76ers, Pacers, Nets all lost to the LAKERS when they had SHAQ!!! Since then the lakers haven't been close since....

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Nuggets > Cavs

Opinion..... :sleep

mardigan
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
The Western Conference is all hype

Opinion..... :sleep

ChumpDumper
Opinion..... :sleep2-0!

FACT!

REGULAR SEASON!

Kiss ma Grits
Yeah, that's what the Spurs normally do that time of the season.

If shaq was still playing with the Lakers, we wouldn't even be talking about the spurs.... :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
If shaq was still playing with the Lakers, we wouldn't even be talking about the spurs.... :rolleyes

If Michael Jordan had been cryogenically frozen in 1998 and thawed out in 2006 we wouldn't be talking about the Cavs. :jack

ChumpDumper
If shaq was still playing with the Lakers, we wouldn't even be talking about the spurs.... :rolleyesIf Ben Wallace was still playing with the Pistons, we wouldn't even be talking about the Cavs.... :rolleyes

Kiss ma Grits
2-0!

FACT!

REGULAR SEASON!

Yep and 3 out of 4 against the Spurs in the last 2 years..... :toast

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Yep and 3 out of 4 against the Spurs in the last 2 years..... :toastSo you agree the Nuggets > Cavs.

Kiss ma Grits
If Ben Wallace was still playing with the Pistons, we wouldn't even be talking about the Cavs.... :rolleyes

They were a rebound from losing against us last year, SO...........it's all assumption...

Marcus Bryant
Yep and 3 out of 4 against the Spurs in the last 2 years..... :toast

Pop will be sure to give heavy minutes to Udrih, Bonner, Van Exel, Nesterovic, and Mohammed so the regular season will matter.

ChumpDumper
They were a rebound from losing against us last year, SO...........it's all assumption...So is yours, dumbass.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
So you agree the Nuggets > Cavs.

Where are the Nuggets? What have they done since Carmelo entered the league? What is their playoff records? :toast

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:44 PM
So is yours, dumbass.

Explain, because we beat Detroit in six should have been five....It took them seven with ben wallace

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Where are the Nuggets? What have they done since Carmelo entered the league? What is their playoff records? :toast

If they were in the East it'd be a tad bit better.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Where are the Nuggets? What have they done since Carmelo entered the league? What is their playoff records? :toastBut you don't judge teams by playoff records.

Only regular season.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Explain, because we beat Detroit in six should have been five....It took them seven with ben wallaceThey won. You really aren't very smart.

Kiss ma Grits
If they were in the East it'd be a tad bit better.

Again, Opinion, Opinion, Assumption :dramaquee

Kiss ma Grits
They won.

They didn't beat Miami, is it because we wore them out? :toast

mardigan
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Again, Opinion, Opinion, Assumption :dramaquee
You really are pretty fucking dumb arent you? Sorry for making assumptions

ChumpDumper
They didn't beat Miami, is it because we wore them out? :toastthey beat you, just like Denver.

Kiss ma Grits
They won. You really aren't very smart.

but we won this year and we didn't have Daniel Gibson, see you don't wanna bring that up. Ben Wallace didn't help Chicago against Detroit did he?

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Where are the Hawks now?

CosmicCowboy
Explain, because we beat Detroit in six should have been five....It took them seven with ben wallace

The '07 Flip Pistons didn't look anything like the '05 Brown Pistons. Not even close. That Cav/Pistons series was just painful to watch from a basketball perspective.

It looked like LeBron globetrotter playing the Washington Generals.

ChumpDumper
and Denver isn't in the Finals because they got beat by a superior western conference team.

Spurs > Nuggets > Cavs

All has been made clear to you.

The circle is complete.

Good bye.

:toast

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
You really are pretty fucking dumb arent you? Sorry for making assumptions

Name calling = Owned! :toast

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
and Denver isn't in the Finals because they got beat by a superior western conference team.

Spurs > Nuggets > Cavs

All has been made clear to you.

The circle is complete.

good bye.

What was their excuse last year?

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:50 PM
What was their excuse last year?They didn't get to play the Cavs every series.

:toast

FuzzyLumpkins
Look at the records of the teams in the respective conferences.

There are 2 60 win teams in the West and 5 with at least 50.

The East had only two teams with at least 50 wins and none over 55.

Kiss ma Grits
The '07 Flip Pistons didn't look anything like the '05 Brown Pistons. Not even close. That Cav/Pistons series was just painful to watch from a basketball perspective.

That wasn't said BEFORE they lost to us was it? They were running thru the conference BEFORE they :bang :king

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Name calling = Owned! :toast

in this case i would say it is Name calling = Accurate.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM

It was more like a 5 on 5 Generals practice with James subbing in for one of the nameless.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 03:52 PM

The Cavs would have been the 6th seed in the West. The East had a team below 500 in the playoffs and 2 teams that didnt get over 500.

Kiss ma Grits

Who cares about the regular season right! If you can't handle us beating you guys 3 out of the last 4, lets just focus on the post season...

samikeyp
Anything that happens before the opening tip tonight, for either team, is irrelevant. The Finals are a totally different animal.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
It was pretty ugly watching the 20th best offense in the league go against the 24th. But such is the East. What an education it will be when they face the 2nd best starting tonight at 8 central.

Kiss ma Grits
The Cavs would have been the 6th seed in the West. The East had a team below 500 in the playoffs and 2 teams that didnt get over 500.

Show me fact that supports this theory and NOTHING from the regular season either cause like you've been saying it's not about what happens in the regular season...

ChumpDumper
Who cares about the regular season right! If you can't handle us beating you guys 3 out of the last 4, lets just focus on the post season...If you can't handle being worse than Denver, that's your problem.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
It was pretty ugly watching the 20th best offense in the league go against the 24th. But such is the East. What an education it will be when they face the 2nd best starting tonight at 8 central.

Yep fans don't like to respect other teams defense. Everyone glorifies the Suns who have YET to prove anything...

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
If you can't handle being worse than Denver, that's your problem.

Enjoy the lottery again! :toast

ChumpDumper
06-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Enjoy the lottery again! :toastConstantly fooling the newbies -- priceless.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Who cares about the regular season right! If you can't handle us beating you guys 3 out of the last 4, lets just focus on the post season...

Hey dumbass its called 82 games played. Its a pretty good indication of performance with common opponents. The only thing that you have to cling on for hope is 2 games played more than 6 months ago.

Kiss ma Grits
in this case i would say it is Name calling = Accurate.

People name call when they get upset because they don't what else to say on an intelligent level so they get FRUSTRATED like you...... :toast

Marcus Bryant
Yep fans don't like to respect other teams defense. Everyone glorifies the Suns who have YET to prove anything...

The problem for you is that the Spurs faced 3 of the top 7 offenses in the league this playoffs. It's also funny how because the Cavs have a somewhat decent defense that it is forgotten that the Spurs have the best one in the league.

Kiss ma Grits
Hey dumbass its called 82 games played. Its a pretty good indication of performance with common opponents. The only thing that you have to cling on for hope is 2 games played more than 6 months ago.

Tell that to Dallas.... :elephant

George Gervin's Afro
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
why answer her? she will disappear once the cavs are eliminated.

Clutch20
All this talk about the Western Conference being stronger then the Eastern conference is a BIG PHAT JOKE............:
You're right, it's a misnomer.
It should be named WESTERN CONFIDENCE. :spin

mardigan
Show me fact that supports this theory and NOTHING from the regular season either cause like you've been saying it's not about what happens in the regular season...
Where in any of my posts did I say that?

Kiss ma Grits
The problem for you is that the Spurs faced 3 of the top 7 offenses in the league this playoffs. It's also funny how because the Cavs have a somewhat decent defense that it is forgotten that the Spurs have the best one in the league.

Numbers say we have one of the best defense which is far from what can be said about your previous oponents.... :rolleyes

FuzzyLumpkins
People name call when they get upset because they don't what else to say on an intelligent level so they get FRUSTRATED like you...... :toast

Its called derision. When many facts figures and logic are presented to someone and they still dont get it, its very appropriate to call them a dumbass.

As they say: if the shoe fits.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
You're right, it's a misnomer.
It should be named WESTERN CONFIDENCE. :spin

I doubt Nash, Kobe (haha) and Dirk feel confident right now....... :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
You posted something intelligent? Wow. Um, where did you do it?

George Gervin's Afro
This will end this thread. didn't the cavs lose the reg. season series to washington and detroit? see you later little lady..

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 03:59 PM

The Mavs played the Warriors in March and April before the end of the regular season.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Its called derision. When many facts figures and logic are presented to someone and they still dont get it, its very appropriate to call them a dumbass.

As they say: if the shoe fits.

Dumbasses make dumbass replies...with things such as name calling and.... :king

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
The Mavs played the Warriors in March and April before the end of the regular season.

The Warriors, :lol

ChumpDumper
The shoe does fit.

[emoticon]

Marcus Bryant
Numbers say we have one of the best defense which is far from what can be said about your previous oponents.... :rolleyes

...and the Spurs have a superior defense to any the Cavs have faced in the postseason. And offense too for that matter.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:01 PM
This will end this thread. didn't the cavs lose the reg. season series to washington and detroit? see you later little lady..

Those teams acknowledge defense :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
The Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets sucked less on defense than the Wizards, Nets, and Pistons did on offense.

Kiss ma Grits
...and the Spurs have a superior defense to any the Cavs have faced in the postseason. And offense too for that matter.

Spurs defense= Detroit's defense

that's very debative........

Marcus Bryant

...and ignore offense, much like the 24th best shooting team in the NBA, your Cleveland Cavaliers.

George Gervin's Afro
06-07-2007, 04:02 PM

so then does the reg season matter or not? if it did the cavs would be eliminated already..but,but,but it doesn't matter...I mean it does matter..your so weak.

Kiss ma Grits
The Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets sucked less on defense than the Wizards, Nets, and Pistons did on offense.

Defense wins championships.... :toast

Marcus Bryant

Not really. The Spurs are not reliant on shotblocking and fouling like the Pistons. Plus Pop has forgotten more about defense than Flip will ever know.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Defense wins championships.... :toast

Sure, the Spurs are well aware of that, as the 3 banners hanging in the at&t attest.

ChumpDumper
that's very debative........ That's not a word.

But making up things is what you do.....

[emoticon]

FuzzyLumpkins

Let me put it to you this way. Don Nelson is one hell of a coach; Mike Brown is not. Nelson was aware that if he put 4 smalls on the court that Dallas didnt have the horses to keep up. What severe roster flaws are Mike Brown and Co going to find. The James at the top of the key and spread the floor offense is just so innovative and unstoppable I know ..... :rolleyes

Your offense is very predictable, your ingame adjustments are few and far between and your clock and timeout management are horrible. If you are hoping that Brown is going to be able to outmanuever Popovich like Nellie was Johnson I afraid you may just be disappointed.

Kiss ma Grits
...and ignore offense, much like the 24th best shooting team in the NBA, your Cleveland Cavaliers.

Defense wins championships again, think not? Go find the defensive rankings of the champions in the last 10 years......

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Let me put it to you this way. Don Nelson is one hell of a coach; Mike Brown is not. Nelson was aware that if he put 4 smalls on the court that Dallas didnt have the horses to keep up. What severe roster flaws are Mike Brown and Co going to find. The James at the top of the key and spread the floor offense is just so innovative and unstoppable I know ..... :rolleyes

Your offense is very predictable, your ingame adjustments are few and far between and your clock and timeout management are horrible. If you are hoping that Brown is going to be able to outmanuever Popovich like Nellie was Johnson I afraid you may just be disappointed.

Don Nelson couldn't get to the finals with Dallas OR Golden State.....everything else is Opinion, Opinion, Opinion

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
That's not a word.

But making up things is what you do.....

[emoticon]

The Hawks suck and have ALWAYS SUCKED! is that making things up? :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Defense wins championships again, think not? Go find the defensive rankings of the champions in the last 10 years......

rofl. Sure, the Spurs were ranked rather high in opponents' FG% in the years they have won titles, much like this season. You also have to be able to score a little too. 24th best in the league won't cut it.

George Gervin's Afro
06-07-2007, 04:06 PM
rofl. Sure, the Spurs were ranked rather high in opponents' FG% in the years they have won titles, much like this season. You also have to be able to score a little too. 24th best in the league won't cut it.

but,but,but they have the King...

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM

The year Detroit won the title, go look up their stats for the season and bring up back to us...Show us where they ranked?

Marcus Bryant

It's funny how the stats are cited, but when you go to the stats then the argument turns to something else.

Kiss ma Grits

Opinion, Opinion, Opinion :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
The year Detroit won the title, go look up their stats for the season and bring up back to us...Show us where they ranked?

Fairly high. Right about where the Spurs were this season.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Fairly high. Right about where the Spurs were this season.

Go find the offense ranks cause if you're right I couldn't argue that...

Bring the source with you.........

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Offense is Defense when you play it well.....Defense, Defense, Defense....

leemajors
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
is this MC Hammer speak - the Western Conference is Hype and Tight?

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Kiss Ma Grits...You are getting absolutely owned in this thread.

Kind of how your Cavs will get owned tonight.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey Corn on the Colb, I bet at this moment Boozer regrets that decision....He won't ever see the finals.....Those Hammy problems will be back next year....

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey Corn on the Colb, I bet at this moment Boozer regrets that decision....He won't ever see the finals.....Those Hammy problems will be back next year....

Nah, he wasn't going to be a focal point of the offense.

Western Conference Finals >>>> NBA Finals Eastern Conference representative.

FuzzyLumpkins
Don Nelson couldn't get to the finals with Dallas OR Golden State.....everything else is Opinion, Opinion, Opinion

What does that have to do with anything. i was just saying that Nelson was able to exploit a liability in Dallas' roster and Johnson didnt have anything to counteract it. It truly is one of the best coaching jobs ever.

Youre hoping that Brown can do that to us or hoping that what went on 6 months ago is going to happen again.

As for the opinion that Brown is not a very good coach it is very much so an opinion. It just happens to be an opinion that is widely held everywhere not named Cleveland.

Kiss ma Grits
I bet you Ronald "Flip" Murray and Carlos Boozer feel like Edgerin James right about now....hahahahhahahahahahaha

Extra Stout
06-07-2007, 04:14 PM

The Spurs averaged giving up four or five fewer points per 100 possessions compared to Detroit.

Corn on the Colb
I bet you Ronald "Flip" Murray and Carlos Boozer feel like Edgerin James right about now....hahahahhahahahahahaha

Boozer + Williams >>>>>>> LeBron + Gooden.

Kiss ma Grits
Nah, he wasn't going to be a focal point of the offense.

Western Conference Finals >>>> NBA Finals Eastern Conference representative.

Sounds just like Boozer "All about Self", that's why he's sitting at home now...

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds just like Boozer "All about Self", that's why he's sitting at home now...

That, and the fact the Jazz aren't in the Eastern Conference.

Extra Stout
06-07-2007, 04:15 PM
What does that have to do with anything. i was just saying that Nelson was able to exploit a liability in Dallas' roster and Johnson didnt have anything to counteract it. It truly is one of the best coaching jobs ever.

Youre hoping that Brown can do that to us or hoping that what went on 6 months ago is going to happen again.

As for the opinion that Brown is not a very good coach it is very much so an opinion. It just happens to be an opinion that is widely held everywhere not named Cleveland.
Brown is a good defensive coach. Offensively, he hasn't figured it all out yet.

Cleveland's offense will consist of LeBron getting his, and not much else.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Boozer + Williams >>>>>>> LeBron + Gooden.

Who's in the finals? Could have been yall but BOOZER SUCKS!!!! Good for the loser, he's never going to see one...could've if he stay with Lebron, but he's always about the money....

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
The Spurs averaged giving up four or five fewer points per 100 possessions compared to Detroit.

Hey brah where can you find those stats ive been looking for them myself and cant seem to find them.

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Who's in the finals? Could have been yall but BOOZER SUCKS!!!! Good for the loser, he's never going to see one...could've if he stay with Lebron, but he's always about the money....

Boozer will see one.

The Cavs would have been out in the first round in the West.

But tell yourself what you will.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
That, and the fact the Jazz aren't in the Eastern Conference.

boozer couldn't help us in the East, but then again we play DEFENSE which WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. You're an idiot if you think it's the Spurs OFFENSE that's got them those THREE TITLES... :dramaquee

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Boozer will see one.

The Cavs would have been out in the first round in the West.

But tell yourself what you will.

Boozer can't handle Duncan so how is he gonna see one?

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
boozer couldn't help us in the East, but then again we play DEFENSE which WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. You're an idiot if you think it's the Spurs OFFENSE that's got them those THREE TITLES... :dramaquee

Spurs needed a little offense to win those titles too, btw.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Because hes in the deep West, LeBron gets to play in the shit conference, hence the easiest road to the finals ever

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Outside of the Spurs, everyone else in that conference is all regular season hype and they disappear in the playoffs....

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM

How couldn't Boozer help you? Boozer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gooden.

How many titles does your 'monster' defense have? 0 now, and 0 in a couple weeks from now.

Now, if you can't come to terms with the fact you have no chance in the Finals, that's fine. But don't say stupid things.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Because hes in the deep West, LeBron gets to play in the shit conference, hence the easiest road to the finals ever

AND here comes the excuses.hahahahahaha :lol

Corn on the Colb
Outside of the Spurs, everyone else in that conference is all regular season hype and they disappear in the playoffs....

Well, you could say all the teams in the East who aren't playing anymore disappear in the playoffs too.

The Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz, Warriors, Mavs, Suns, and Spurs all would have won the East.

Deal with it.

Kiss ma Grits
How couldn't Boozer help you? Boozer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gooden.

How many titles does your 'monster' defense have? 0 now, and 0 in a couple weeks from now.

Now, if you can't come to terms with the fact you have no chance in the Finals, that's fine. But don't say stupid things.

Lebron didn't go to the playoffs until BOOZER left...FACT!

Extra Stout
They disappear because they are playing the Spurs. You'll observe it soon enough.

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM

Facts, excuses, whatever you wanna call 'em.

Kiss ma Grits
They disappear because they are playing the Spurs. You'll observe it soon enough.

They ALL play the Spurs huh, LMAO well what's Dallas excuse?

mardigan
Easiest road to the Finals ever. Have fun watching a real team play

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Facts, excuses, whatever you wanna call 'em.

Not about what I want to call 'em, that's what they are.... :toast

Corn on the Colb

Because LeBron got better and the East got even worse.

The Jazz didn't make the playoffs until Boozer came to them. In the West, against the elite teams in the league.

How many people did the Wizards have to call up from the D-League just to have a complete roster to play you guys?

Extra Stout
They ALL play the Spurs huh, LMAO well what's Dallas excuse?
They played the team that lost to the team that lost to the Spurs. They just got the inevitable out of the way early.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Easiest road to the Finals ever. Have fun watching a real team play

ACTUALLY, it's safe to say that you guys had it easy...the ONLY team you couldn't be got upset.......

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Not about what I want to call 'em, that's what they are.... :toast

So you just admitted that LeBron's playing in a shitty conference was what led him to the Finals APPEARANCE. You called it a fact.

I'm done now.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
And Utah didnt make the playoffs until they got Boozer....FACT

Extra Stout
ACTUALLY, it's safe to say that you guys had it easy...the ONLY team you couldn't be got upset.......
And since the Cavs aren't that team, the easy road continues...

Corn on the Colb
And Utah didnt make the playoffs until they got Boozer....FACT

In the West.... FACT!

Kiss ma Grits
Because LeBron got better and the East got even worse.

The Jazz didn't make the playoffs until Boozer came to them. In the West, against the elite teams in the league.

How many people did the Wizards have to call up from the D-League just to have a complete roster to play you guys?

The Heat won the title last year, the Pistons won it two years before....Detroit was ripping thru the Conference until they ran into a brick wall called CLEVELAND CAVALIERS! More facts for you

mardigan
06-07-2007, 04:26 PM
And the only teams you could beat you got matched up with

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
The Heat won the title last year, the Pistons won it two years before....Detroit was ripping thru the Conference until they ran into a brick wall called CLEVELAND CAVALIERS! More facts for you

Dwayne Wade paid for the Finals win last year. The Pistons won one year. That makes it 2 of the last 9 for the East. Touche, buddy.

The Pistons are a team that is obviously in dire need of blowing up. They aren't going to win another with that core. Don't be so blind.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
And since the Cavs aren't that team, the easy road continues...

the Suns are under achievers, heck they were down 3-1 to a lowly Laker team last year

The Jazz don't make the playoffs year in year out, easy

and Carmelo HAS NEVER been out of the first round...easy

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:28 PM
It's not far fetched for me to say that the SPURS haven't faced a formidable PLAYOFF component...

Extra Stout
This isn't 2006 or 2004, sorry.

Marcus Bryant
The Jazz are an up and coming team with a solid defense, great rebounding and one of the most efficient offenses in the NBA.

mardigan
LeBron is a great player, but outside of him this Cavs team has to be the worst team to ever be in the Finals imo

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Dwayne Wade paid for the Finals win last year. The Pistons won one year. That makes it 2 of the last 9 for the East. Touche, buddy.

The Pistons are a team that is obviously in dire need of blowing up. They aren't going to win another with that core. Don't be so blind.

Opinion man!, show some facts to back that up!

Marcus Bryant
It's not far fetched for me to say that the SPURS haven't faced a formidable PLAYOFF component...

They've faced ones more formidable than the Cavs, no doubt.

mardigan
Then its not far fetched to say that the cavs havent even played a real team yet in the playoffs

Corn on the Colb
the Suns are under achievers, heck they were down 3-1 to a lowly Laker team last year

The Jazz don't make the playoffs year in year out, easy

and Carmelo HAS NEVER been out of the first round...easy

The Jazz were struggling to make the playoffs after losing the best duo in history.

They made it 20 straight times prior to that.

Yeah, they don't make it consistently at all.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
LeBron is a great player, but outside of him this Cavs team has to be the worst team to ever be in the Finals imo

You're right your opinion, because THAT has yet to be determined. If we beat you guys or take you to 7 games THAT opinion will be debated... :toast

Corn on the Colb

2 out of the last 9 champions were from the East.

Fact? Yep.

FuzzyLumpkins

Are you ESOL or something?

This particular gem is so obviously and appallingly stupid its not even worth responding to.

mardigan
The Jazz were struggling to make the playoffs after losing the best duo in history.

Dont argue, he just found out about basketball a couple of days ago

EastsBeasts
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Wrong the Pistons got run over my Lebron charging into the lane pushing away defenders with his off arm on his way to the basket and getting and 1's from his zebra posse on nearly every possession he drove to the hole.

Spurs fans are in for a real wake up call when the whistles start hitting their team up. Be prepared Spurs fans its time for the Lehype show to take over.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Outside of this year, when was the LAST time they made it? I'd have to go back to John Stockton and K. Malone to find that...

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Wrong the Pistons got run over my Lebron charging into the lane pushing away defenders with his off arm on his way to the basket and getting and 1's from his zebra posse on nearly every possession he drove to the hole.

Spurs fans are in for a real wake up call when the whistles start hitting their team up. Be prepared Spurs fans its time for the Lehype show to take over.

:depressed < Detroit Piston fans

FuzzyLumpkins

Its been fun pointing out that the troll is an idiot for awhile now but seeing that hes starting to just recycle material im now bored and going to move on.

Marcus Bryant

Then the Spurs will just outscore them.

Corn on the Colb
Outside of this year, when was the LAST time they made it? I'd have to go back to John Stockton and K. Malone to find that...

Yeah. You would.

I didn't realize you knew who those two were.

Kiss ma Grits
Dont argue, he just found out about basketball a couple of days ago

You guys are all opinion and no facts, Great team idiot fans :clap

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
:depressed < Detroit Piston fans

They're depressed because they lost to such a terrible team.

mardigan
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Which was all the way back in 02-03

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah. You would.

I didn't realize you knew who those two were.

I know more then you about the Jazz and I remember in the 80's how the Spurs were the Atlanta Hawks....I know my history and I don't spew OPINION with something to back them up.....

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
They're depressed because they lost to such a terrible team.

You guys weren't even COMPETITIVE against the Spurs. I didn't expect us to get extra rest with them playing the likes of the JAZZ!

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I know more then you about the Jazz and I remember in the 80's how the Spurs were the Atlanta Hawks....I know my history and I don't spew OPINION with something to back them up.....

The Cavs were much closer to being the 'Hawks of the 80s' than the Spurs were.

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM

You know more then me or more thAn me?

I think you should spend more time in school than on here.

You're spewing opinion.

The thread title YOU WROTE was opinion.

"It was like we weren't even in the NBA," said center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, drafted by the club in 1996. "We were in a deep depression as an organization."

I miss those days.

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Which was all the way back in 02-03

They aren't in the league anymore so your point is??? :reading

mardigan
06-07-2007, 04:37 PM
All youve done is spew opinion dumb fuck, apparently you dont know what that word means.

And btw, the SPurs were in the playoffs 7 out of 10 years in the playoffs in the 80s, just another fact showing you dont know shit

Corn on the Colb
You guys weren't even COMPETITIVE against the Spurs. I didn't expect us to get extra rest with them playing the likes of the JAZZ!

The fact that the Jazz > Cavs must scare you then.

Kiss ma Grits
Boozer has a short window....the older he gets the more those Hammy's begin to acted up

mardigan
They aren't in the league anymore so your point is??? :reading
You asked when the last time they were in the playoffs, I answered. Are you so stupid you dont even get that?

EastsBeasts
I pray this Cavs team turns into the Orlando Magic team that featured Shaq and Penny. That would make my day. Then Lebron after failing to win the championship again next year will demand a trade and end up playing for the Knicks.

Only in a perfect world. The Knicks would go on to win 4 straight titles due to the enormous advertising market that is NYC.

Corn on the Colb
Boozer has a short window....the older he gets the more those Hammy's begin to acted up

He's 25 and his hammy didn't bother him this year.

Dumb.

Kiss ma Grits
The fact that the Jazz > Cavs must scare you then.

Who's playing sir, who's playing? You're not making any sense! :rolleyes

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:38 PM
By 28, he's gonna be too slow.........

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Who's playing sir, who's playing? You're not making any sense! :rolleyes

Jazz- 51-31, in the West, Western Conference Finals appearance.

Cavs- 50-32, in the East, Swept in NBA Finals

Corn on the Colb
By 28, he's gonna be too slow.........

Don't spew opinion oooh opinion ooooodgaaahhhh! opinion!

Kiss ma Grits
I pray this Cavs team turns into the Orlando Magic team that featured Shaq and Penny. That would make my day. Then Lebron after failing to win the championship again next year will demand a trade and end up playing for the Knicks.

Only in a perfect world. The Knicks would go on to win 4 straight titles due to the enormous advertising market that is NYC.

Pray, Pray, Pray....I pray Duncan sprains his foot again...so I guess we'll just have to see... :nerd

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Don't spew opinion oooh opinion ooooodgaaahhhh! opinion!

Unlike Lebron, BOOZER couldn't help the Cavs in this so called "horrible" conference....that must say alot about the player you guys over paid for :lol

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Jazz- 51-31, in the West, Western Conference Finals appearance.

Cavs- 50-32, in the East, Swept in NBA Finals

There's nothing about CONFERENCE in front of our name :toast

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Unlike Lebron, BOOZER couldn't help the Cavs in this so called "horrible" conference....that must say alot about the player you guys over paid for :lol

Overpaid for 20 & 12 a game and a Western Conference Finals appearance?

The reason he 'didn't help you,' even though his numbers were better than Gooden's are now, is because your coach has always sucked.

Another tally for the Jazz.

Corn on the Colb
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
There's nothing about CONFERENCE in front of our name :toast

I feel it a disgrace to basketball to mention the, i'm sorry basketball Gods, Eastern Conference.....