PDA

View Full Version : Random interesting stats from last night's game

SPARKY
12-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Spurs held the Sixers to 72 points last night, improving their league leading points allowed average and the 33 point margin of victory improved their 2nd best in the league points scoring differential to +11.75.

Spurs had 28 assists to 10 for the Sixers, improving their assist per game average, their league leading opponents' assist per game average, and their league leading assist per game differential.

Spurs shot 52.0% from the field and improved their league leading opponents' FG% average for the season by holding the Sixers to 35.0%.

Spurs outrebounded the Sixers 44 to 37. The Sixers did have more offensive boards (9 to 6) but that's likely due to their poor shooting from the field.

Spurs had 7 blocks to the Sixers' 2. That improves the Spurs' per game block averages (4th best in NBA), their league leading blocks allowed average, and their league leading block per game differential (they are currently tied with Miami). Philadelphia, despite Samuel Dalembert, are a weak shotblocking team (currently next to last in the league).

In short, the Spurs were smokin'.

source for team stats (http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html)

boutons
12-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, I guess all the idiots who said last May that the Spurs needed a "shooter" a la SJax were right.

We got Brent the famous sharp-shooter and Spurs team is now shooting 7th-best 46 FG%, 2 whole points better than last season.

Thanks, Brent!! :)

Rummpd
12-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Barry will probably surge when it counts. Rather than than a Turkafadeawayawayawayaway!

MadDoc

T Park
12-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I think Brown's, Udrih's, and Barry's semi decent shooting have improved that.

Brown's shooting last year was not too bad.

Its been up and down this year, but looks like hes righting the ship.

PM5K
12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Well, I guess all the idiots who said last May that the Spurs needed a "shooter" a la SJax were right.

We got Brent the famous sharp-shooter and Spurs team is now shooting 7th-best 46 FG%, 2 whole points better than last season.

Thanks, Brent!! :)

Sorry but Brents got nothing to do with that, his FG shooting % has dropped from 50 to 42 and his 3P % has dropped from 45 to 32....

Don't get me wrong, I think Brent will find his rhythm and his place on the team and will begin to shoot better, but so far his numbers are down, considerably....

Marcus Bryant
12-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah, imagine this team once Barry actually starts shooting well.

Good Times. :smokin

boutons
12-02-2004, 12:40 PM
"Sorry but Brents got nothing to do with that"

note my sarcastic :)

:)

Brent is very welcome for all the great non-shooting contributions, but the Spurs don't need shooters.

And yes, if he were hitting the %ages now that he has hit for his career ...

The TEAM needs to shoot 44-46% like now and all last season, plus the defense. The collapse of shooting in the WC semi's was not what carried the Spurs all season up to that collapse.

maxpower
12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
*aussie voice*

That's ( :) ) not sarcasm.
This is sarcasm... :rolleyes