PDA

View Full Version : Spurs give a promise to Gabe Pruitt?

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
There's a rumor floating around the USC boards that the Spurs have promised Gabe Pruitt their first-round pick, and he is shutting down private workouts for other teams. The part abotu shtting down workouts is clearly not true, because he's in Philly today.

The only thing I can find is this cryptic link:

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/1551582.phtml

Anyone else have information on this?

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow. I don't think there's a poster more clueless about the existence of a draft thread than SoogarBear.

No offense, dude, but this has been well-covered.

Despot
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Has his value dropped? I thought he would be a late teen early twenties pick. I'm sure he still hopes to be taken before 28, so why would he shut down workouts?

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
1. He hasn't shut down workouts.

2. The rumor is probably bunk.

3. Pruitt is being cast in the mid-20s to 2nd round but could rise.

4. I like him a lot.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow. I don't think there's a poster more clueless about the existence of a draft thread than SoogarBear.

No offense, dude, but this has been well-covered.

I'm right there with Shoog. I didn't realize this is the rumor. I'd like to see it pan out.

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Mr. Body: Grand Arbiter of Cluelessness.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, and I deem thee Clueless.

This came up yesterday or the day before and has about 20 posts on it that are pretty good, discussing his stats and future, why he's coming out now, and whether the Spurs would actually promise a player a draft spot, or if this was a smokescreen of some kind.

Two thumbs up! Highly recommended!

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Why don't you either:

a) go clean up some other threads that you've already posted your exhalted opinon on

b) provide a link

or

c) STFU.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes, and I deem thee Clueless.

This came up yesterday or the day before and has about 20 posts on it that are pretty good, discussing his stats and future, why he's coming out now, and whether the Spurs would actually promise a player a draft spot, or if this was a smokescreen of some kind.

Two thumbs up! Highly recommended!

If youre talking about that omnibus future draft picks thred i hope you understand that a lot of people dont read that shit becasue its too unwieldy and a pain in the ass to sift through.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Great thread, lots of people interested in the draft right now.

Pruitt stuff starts with #1567.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52385&page=61&pp=26

Cheers!

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:46 PM
If youre talking about that omnibus future draft picks thred i hope you understand that a lot of people dont read that shit becasue its too unwieldy and a pain in the ass to sift through.

Maybe we can make a 'Sunday drivers' draft thread? The kind where people can come and ask what it'll take to trade for Kevin Durant, because he's a weakling?

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Why don't we just combine all threads into the Quattro and really make Mr. Body happy?

Mr. Body
My mistake: Pruitt rumor comes in at #1526.

MannyIsGod
:lol

He's the draft thread Nazi.

Extra Stout
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Not everybody is a draft geek.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I love the draft thread. I lurve it.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Gosh -- how unfortunate that some of us are bothering to commit our SpursTalk time to trivial matters like the NBA Finals and not regularly reading an omnibus thread that likely reads like a Chad Ford chat.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Since there is so much love for the draft how about starting separate threads for the prospects the Spurs are likely to have a shot at drafting and creating an index for those? That certainly beats having to scroll through 185 pages.

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Gosh -- how unfortunate that some of us are bothering to commit our SpursTalk time to trivial matters like the NBA Finals and not regularly reading an omnibus thread that likely reads like a Chad Ford chat.There should only be one NBA Finals thread!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/madrun.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/madrun.gif

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Since there is so much love for the draft how about starting separate threads for the prospects the Spurs are likely to have a shot at drafting and creating an index for those? That certainly beats having to scroll through 185 pages.

I like the idea a lot, but after the Finals.

Despot
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM

How about hijacking the Kings board for that, can't be too busy in there right now, can it?

whottt
06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Shoogar>Mr. Body

Older too!

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
I was thinking we could start a new forum for it, too... but casual observers would totally miss it.

I read the draft thread all the time - it's my favorite, which is obvious for anybody who looks at it - and I forget how jumbled it is.

leemajors
06-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Nicknamed "Smilin' Gabe." Is an undecided major at USC and would like to become a computer engineer. His favorite food is french fries. Likes to watch "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and "Family Guy" and his favorite movie is "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls." Says the best part of being at USC is being part of the Trojan Family. Likes listening to Lil Wayne, Eminem, Jay-Z and T.I.

2pac
06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Good to see I can not post for a year or two and nothing changes at all.

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I was thinking we could start a new forum for it, too... but casual observers would totally miss it.

I read the draft thread all the time - it's my favorite, which is obvious for anybody who looks at it - and I forget how jumbled it is.

I love that thread too...but it is an absolute abyss. I think a special forum for "Spurs Acquisitions" might be in order. Potential trades, draft picks, FA signings and the likes could all be discussed there. Then central threads could be made stickys like one that has links to all the individual potential draft picks. etc...

But at the current moment if somebody wants to open multiple threads on draft issues then I have no problem whatsoever.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I'd be up for colonizing the Sacto board for awhile. It doesn't look like much goes on over there.

timvp
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
After the Finals, the Spurs forum will turn into a draft forum after a few days. While the Spurs still have games going on, one big thread to bounce ideas around in is the best way to go.

JMarkJohns
06-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Suns have interest. Not sure how much, but they have him on their list.

ShoogarBear
06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm not saying there needs to be a thread for every random draft thought, but this was a very specific, narrowly-defined, Spur-related question, and I even scrolled through a couple of pages to see if Pruitt's name was in any of the subject lines.

It would have been very easy to answer just by saying "it's not true", and give the appropriate link(s) to the draft thread. Helpful, even. Mr. Body chose not to go that way.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Soogar, sorry man for jumping on ya.

Friends?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Maybe we can make a 'Sunday drivers' draft thread? The kind where people can come and ask what it'll take to trade for Kevin Durant, because he's a weakling?

youre not getting a hug so you might as well stop.

Im a red sox fan and for whatever reason people in new england like having gigantic threads. for example they have a matsuzaka thread and it all goes into there, they have a schilling thread, they have a bullpen thread etc. All of them get to be 100+ pages and its impossible to sift through. they are nazis too tho when it comes to what is acceptable to post so you dont get 4000 page troll threads.

i can understand needing to condense i guess with the traffic now but threads like that in general blow unless you have the capability of reading them consinuously. with the search function down its much much worse.

but i dont watch ncaa or foreign hoops so i dont even know who pruitt is and i certainly wouldnt know its was post 1337 of that too fucking big thread

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Jesus, a Red Sox fan. Kill me now.

ShoogarBear
06-08-2007, 02:37 AM
Soogar, sorry man for jumping on ya.

Friends?If you hate the Red Sox, we have some common ground.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Let me guess you guys are one of the hordes of Yankees fans since 1996.

ShoogarBear
06-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Nah, I hate the Yankees, too.

I lived in Boston for 17 years and learned to hate all New England sports teams.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 04:09 AM
smoke

screen

And :lol @ draft thread brownshirts.

Bruno
06-08-2007, 06:07 AM
I don't buy at all Spurs giving a promise to a not so good player three weeks before the draft, it makes no sense.
I'm too kinda prudent about Draftexpress rumors. They are a quite good website but they lack of a journalistic work ethic.