PDA

View Full Version : The real question to ask is: Will Parker disappear again in the finals

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-07-2007, 04:40 PM
From being outclassed and benched in the clutch in 03 to being bullied and not being effective outside the paint in 05. Parker has been great so far in these playoffs and his production will be KEY for the Spurs this series

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Who's the Kidd or Billups in this series? Lame thread.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Since he'll be covered by a gimpy Hughes or a toddling Gibson, I don't see it. Unless he's playing for the cameras or something.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Since he'll be covered by a gimpy Hughes or a toddling Gibson, I don't see it. Unless he's playing for the cameras or something.

Right. At a minimum the Cavs will have to worry about TP's penetration and TD on the block. That should open up the rest of the Spurs' O.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
but the Cavs are very physical and he won't just be able to drive in on them all day

he's going have to hit the jump shot and be consistent with it too

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 04:47 PM
but the Cavs are very physical and he won't just be able to drive in on them all day

he's going have to hit the jump shot and be consistent with it too

Its not as if our first three opponents havent hacked the shit out him.

Mr. Body
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
It's as if Cleveland has invented defense.

duncan228
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't think Parker will disappear now. He's matured, he's confidant. And he's been playing great in the post season.

But he is critical to our success. We all know what our back up PG situation is. JV is okay in small stretches some of the time. If Parker gets in foul trouble, or God forbid gets hurt, we're in trouble.

MoSpur
06-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I think this will be one of Tony's best playoff performances.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Tony's been the 2nd best player on this team in the entire playoffs.

This thread proves how stupid some of you are. Seriously.

Extra Stout
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Previously, Tony had to match up with the likes of Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups.

This time, it's Larry Hughes and Daniel Gibson.

Seriously, people.

Spurminator
06-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Even forgetting Billups, he was driving into a Wallace-guarded lane.

timvp
06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Parker has never had problems matching up with opposing point guards. What has happened in past Finals is he's started by torching the other team's point guard and then they switch and put a longer defender on him. At that point, Parker has struggled.

However, this year in the playoffs, he's faced the "longer defender" strategy already against Marion and did well. That gives me hope that Parker will have success against whoever the Cavs throw at him.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Even forgetting Billups, he was driving into a Wallace-guarded lane.

...and Wallace was leaving Nesterovic or Mohammed, at least at the beginning. The Cavs are going to have to start leaving Spurs open to contend with TP's drives.

BradLohaus
06-07-2007, 05:21 PM
The Cavs can't stop all of Tony and Manu's drives, Duncan on the block, 40% 3 point shooting, and Oberto's layups and putbacks.

koopa
06-07-2007, 05:22 PM
03 and 05 i can understand why he choked, 03 it was only his second year, and he did do good in the first couple of games, it was when they went to nj is when he started sucking

and then in 05, they had ben wallace coming at him, so i understand again why he choked

cavs may have a good defense, but gooden and z ain't fast enough or all that hard hitting, and there's no point guard to guard tony on the reg

if tony chokes again, then you can put a fork in him ever being considered one of the best, cause all he'll have shown is that when it's time to play on the big stage he just folds like a bitch............ so him having a good series is a must if he ever wants to be considered one of the elite point guards, and you know damn well he does........... i think he'll avg about 20 and 6 in this series...........

Darkwaters
06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
It's as if Cleveland has invented defense.

:dramaquee

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Let me guess SpursDynasty....tonight is the biggest game of the season for the Spurs. If they lose tonight their season is over! How long do I have to wait for these gems to be posted?

samikeyp
06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
If TP shows up....will you go away?

implacable44
06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Parker has never had problems matching up with opposing point guards. What has happened in past Finals is he's started by torching the other team's point guard and then they switch and put a longer defender on him. At that point, Parker has struggled.

However, this year in the playoffs, he's faced the "longer defender" strategy already against Marion and did well. That gives me hope that Parker will have success against whoever the Cavs throw at him.

that is not entirely true -- the lakers put him on his butt and he played like a girl the rest of the series and the spurs lost.

Playoffs>>Reg.Season
06-07-2007, 05:58 PM
From being outclassed and benched in the clutch in to being bullied and not being effective outside the romper room.

Talking about yourself again?

timvp
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
that is not entirely true -- the lakers started sending double teams at him and packed the lanes after getting owned in the first two games. the spurs shooters all choked outside of bowen and the lakers moved on.

True :tu

Lonestar
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
I believe that Tony is going to have a breakout series. Tony want's the recognition. He want's that Finals MVP. He basically wants the things that he does not yet have. Finals MVP, Regular Season MVP and recognition as potential hall of fame point guard. I don't know if he can achieve all these but I have no doubt that he is ready to step out of Tim Duncans shadow. Face it, Tony has the Hollywood Starlet, the NBA rings, the all star recognition and the even the recording contract. What else does he have to aspire to? The MVP's are all that's left till Tim retires. Mark my words...TP wants to prove that he's the young star on the floor!

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Let me guess SpursDynasty....tonight is the biggest game of the season for the Spurs. If they lose tonight their season is over! How long do I have to wait for these gems to be posted?

we aren't the same poster

in fact, he even asked me to change my name because they were so similar

Kori Ellis
06-07-2007, 06:03 PM
we aren't the same poster

in fact, he even asked me to change my name because they were so similar

It's clear you aren't the same poster. He thinks the Spurs rule the world and no other team or player in the league deserves any respect. And you are the opposite ... you hate on the Spurs constantly and believe they are going to lose every series.

I'm not sure either one of you are actually Spurs fans:lol

Referee
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
From being outclassed and benched in the clutch in 03 to being bullied and not being effective outside the paint in 05. Parker has been great so far in these playoffs and his production will be KEY for the Spurs this series

I think that you must be mistaken monsieur... :fro

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7673/threadsucksam2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2908/sports01yy7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fabbs
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Parker broke out in 2006 R1 vs Kings and would have continued his breakout all around play in playoffs. Injury subdued him. Right now he's rested and ready.

This year he completes.

ForeignFan
06-07-2007, 06:33 PM
True :tu

thank you for the correction :lol

Budkin
06-07-2007, 06:34 PM
He will not... his game has improved a ton since the last Finals.