PDA

View Full Version : LeChoke

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the West :smokin

You got bOWENED

MaNuMaNiAc
06-07-2007, 10:37 PM
East defense my ass! :lol Lets see an East team shut down LeBron like that!

Borosai
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Bowen made him work for his shot, and the rotation D was great at closing lanes. Can't ask for much more from the defense.

AnotherArgie
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
You have to congratulate LeBron. He just stole the choker's throne from Dirk.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-07-2007, 10:42 PM
You have to congratulate LeBron. He just stole the choker's throne from Dirk.actually, I wouldn't go that far... Dirk is still choke king

TheTruth
06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Lebron is going to go off in game 2. We'll still win.

SAGambler
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Hell of a job Bruce...

Keep it up and you"ll only have to play 4 games.

jag
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
hahaha wow, the West is alittle different isnt it "King"??

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Lebron was just shell-shocked by real help defense...and Bruce Bowen.

Great players know how to adjust. So in game 2 the Spurs have to watch out and make their shots better...We still have the edge over him either way.

Avitus1
Bowen is the best Defensive player in the league hands down.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2007, 10:47 PM
You have to congratulate LeBron. He just stole the choker's throne from Dirk.Are you serious?

Don't call LeBron a choker for losing to the best basketball team in the world. Don't call anyone a choker for that, because otherwise everyone is a choker. Lebron was double teamed a lot and didn't really have the chance to do much until the game was more relaxed and he had no pressure because it was already a lose at that point.

I don't think anyone will be stealing Dirk's throne any time soon...

AnotherArgie
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
actually, I wouldn't go that far... Dirk is still choke king

Yes, but "LeBron is the future". Just saw that on ESPN.

my2sons
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
yet no cav rebuttle

AnotherArgie
06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Are you serious?

Don't call LeBron a choker for losing to the best basketball team in the world. Don't call anyone a choker for that, because otherwise everyone is a choker. Lebron was double teamed a lot and didn't really have the chance to do much until the game was more relaxed and he had no pressure because it was already a lose at that point.

Relax, I'm just trolling a little bit. Is the way I celebrate victories. :elephant

TheSanityAnnex
06-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Are you serious?

I don't think anyone will be stealing Dirk's throne any time soon...Nice to see a real comment.

They could play LeBron 5-1 and still win.

FlatMan
06-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Man I gotta say, a player that can score when he's consistently double and triple teamed is terrible!

*rolls eyes*

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 11:11 PM
ONLY a troll of a team that can't get out of the first round of the playoffs would post this, LMAO!

Referee
06-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Bowen made him work for his shot, and the rotation D was great at closing lanes. Can't ask for much more from the defense.

LBJ can't hope to do it all... Spurs are just too deep for the Cavs and out coached as well.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8146/sports01yy7ev6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Man I gotta say, a player that can score when he's consistently double and triple teamed is terrible!

*rolls eyes*

He shot 16 times, how many shots does he need to score? :lol

makedamnsure
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
LeBrick is what they're calling it on Yahoo. nice to shut up the media for a second.

FlatMan
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
He shot 16 times, how many shots does he need to score? :lol

Do you not know what a double and triple team is?

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the West.

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
LeBrick is what they're calling it on Yahoo. nice to shut up the media for a second.

Agreed...

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh wow my last post was #23 now I feel like LeBron. I need some one to dunk on.

Kevin Blackistone
06-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Lebron didn't choke, he got flat out manhandled by a great defense that knows how to play him. There is nothing he can do to adjust against that except take more outside shots, but that's what the Spurs want. The guy's streaky and if he's having to force shots and force passes the Spurs will continue to dominate. The only legitimate adjustment he can make is to pass more and shoot less.

Kevin Blackistone
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM

any yet not many open looks from anyone else. Must seem amazing to a fan in the weak East who doesn't see this level of rotation on team defensive schemes.

SpurOutofTownFan
The D was great. He just coulnd't get over the hump. Again, I expecto some Cavs fans to come out and say they will dominate game 2, etc, etc, etc without any facts otehr than Lebron is the king, etc. It doesn't look like they will be able to do anythign else.

Thunder Dan
hahaha wow, the West is alittle different isnt it "King"??

Bowen didn't just play good defense on Lebron, the whole Spurs team did. But to say that he coked is stupid. Last time I checked this was game one, and the trophy presentation wasn't after tonight's game. He had a bad shooting night tonight, but there are still atleast 3 games to go. And unlike Dirk, Lebron has more to offer than points, he should have had about 12 assists but the rest of the team is trash. I understand that most people respect Lebron, but have to pick him apart, but it's only jealousy of the press coverage he gets. Coming from a Nuggets fan makes it even more ironic, seeing as Carmelo and the boys are in bed now getting ready for early tee times in the morning.

SA210
06-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Bowen is the best Defensive player in the league hands down.
For at least the last 4 years. Period.

Fernando TD21
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I think it is what most of the teams do on Duncan.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070608/capt.ff5a7b8e58b74de7a9fc74c6e9b86344.nba_finals_s purs_cavaliers_basketball_txmy127.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Wait wait wait. We were told repeatedly by the Koolaid Gang that there was no way for Bowen to defend James and our D is on par with the Pistons so it must have just been a bad night for him.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
06-08-2007, 12:09 AM
:bking

O-Factor
06-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Bowen didn't just play good defense on Lebron, the whole Spurs team did. But to say that he coked is stupid. Last time I checked this was game one, and the trophy presentation wasn't after tonight's game. He had a bad shooting night tonight, but there are still atleast 3 games to go. And unlike Dirk, Lebron has more to offer than points, he should have had about 12 assists but the rest of the team is trash. I understand that most people respect Lebron, but have to pick him apart, but it's only jealousy of the press coverage he gets. Coming from a Nuggets fan makes it even more ironic, seeing as Carmelo and the boys are in bed now getting ready for early tee times in the morning.

Lebron? More like Lebrick to me.

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Are you serious?

This guy has some sense, and I'm not saying this because I'm obviously a Cavs fan.

I wouldn't call LeBron's performance choking. He was suffocated by a team that's superior to his. Dirk Nowitzki was shut down by the Golden State Warriors, who we all know are NOT better than the Mavs, regardless of the upset. I rooted for the Warriors, but I knew all along that they won because they played with more heart, more passion, while the #1 team CHOKED.

By the way, the title of this thread is simply amazing. Truly original!

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-08-2007, 12:24 AM

dude, if the Nuggets were in the EAST then Lechoke wouldn't have even made it to the Finals. The East is a joke, the team who comes out of the east just seems to be the biggest joker.

You guys got manhandled by the Spurs in game 1 , did you see what the Nuggets did to the Spurs in game 1? :ihit The Spurs adjusted and won the series quickly, but the Nuggets putup a hell of a fight compared to Lebron and Co. By the way, Melo averaged 26.9ppg on 48% and 50% from 3 (9 from 18) and over 8rpg in the series vs the spurs. Lebron won't even come close to that.

jag
06-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes, but "LeBron is the future". Just saw that on ESPN.

classic. :clap

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:28 AM
dude, if the Nuggets were in the EAST then Lechoke wouldn't have even made it to the Finals. The East is a joke, the team who comes out of the east just seems to be the biggest joker.

You guys got manhandled by the Spurs in game 1 , did you see what the Nuggets did to the Spurs in game 1? :ihit The Spurs adjusted and won the series quickly, but the Nuggets putup a hell of a fight compared to Lebron and Co. By the way, Melo averaged 26.9ppg on 50% and 50% from 3 (9 from 18) and over 8rpg in the series vs the spurs. Lebron won't even come close to that.

I suppose I can let you savor your only win this postseason. Your two superstars did well, but what'd they do the next four games? Not win, that's for sure.

You say the East is a joke, but something tells me that when AI and Melo were on their fishing trip, they were wishing Colorado was in the East.

judaspriestess
06-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Its too soon to call it a choke job. LeBra definitely had an off night. He is never derogatory towards his opponents and I respect that. Not like the phoenix suns of bitches who are still crying.

I'm glad he had a bad game and got a reality check though.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 12:33 AM
LeBron might go for 50 the next game, who knows. But tonight the Spurs D was damn sweet. Bruce did what he needed to do and then as soon as he got near the paint, the double came.

Tonight LeBron was LeBOW3ND.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
I suppose I can let you savor your only win this postseason. Your two superstars did well, but what'd they do the next four games? Not win, that's for sure.

Let Lechoke and the boys win ONE game against the Spurs before you say anything. It must have been tough to play the Wizards without arenas & butler, play the Nets with an injured RJ and then a Pistons team with a horrible coach and no inside presence. Wow what a tough road to the Finals.

The NBA should just join conferences and let the top 8 play on

You say the East is a joke, but something tells me that when AI and Melo were on their fishing trip, they were wishing Colorado was in the East.

of course they wish they were in the East, who doesnt? The West is tough and any team 1-9 could beat the Cavs in a series.

makedamnsure
06-08-2007, 12:39 AM
LeBron might explode the next game but this at least has shut up the media till Sunday.

taking cue from 300, we have made the god-king bleed. he is indeed human.

Next Superstar
06-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Carmelo actually has talent around him while lebron is surrounded by a bunch of average nba players. Lebron hadn't seen a team the caliber of the spurs in a while I would expect him to bounce back game 2. Bowen is great but when lebron is at his best he will be able to do little to stop him.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Carmelo actually has talent around him while lebron is surrounded by a bunch of average nba players. Lebron hadn't seen a team the caliber of the spurs in a while I would expect him to bounce back game 2. Bowen is great but when lebron is at his best he will be able to do little to stop him.

Will James run through more defenders for charges? About the only thing he could do is start pulling up on the drive to shoot the 18 foot J with the defensive looks the Spurs are throwing at him.

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Let Lechoke and the boys win ONE game against the Spurs before you say anything. It must have been tough to play the Wizards without arenas & butler, play the Nets with an injured RJ and then a Pistons team with a horrible coach and no inside presence. Wow what a tough road to the Finals.

Had the Nuggets played better in the regular season, they would've gotten a better seed. You get what you earn, and the Nuggets earned a first-round series with the Spurs. Too bad so sad. Don't make an excuse out of the fact that the Nuggets are in the Western Conference. IMO, they're better than the Jazz. AI and Carmelo just need to play together more. The Nuggets were well capable of taking the 4 or 5 seed, which would've set up a first-round series with neither the Spurs, Suns, or Mavs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Its too soon to call it a choke job. LeBra definitely had an off night. He is never derogatory towards his opponents and I respect that. Not like the phoenix suns of bitches who are still crying.

I'm glad he had a bad game and got a reality check though.
I like Lebron because he doesn't make any excuses.

But yeah, I'm glad as well, that he got humbled tonight by the Spurs/Bowen.

RaulValdez
06-08-2007, 01:23 AM
WITNESS HUH? WITNESS WHAT AN ASS WHOOPIN BY THE ALMIGHTY SPURS. THATS WHAT I SAW TONIGHT. CHECK OUT WHAT I FOUND TO COUNTER THAT "WITNESS" TSHIRT BULLSHIT. I HAVE ONE AND IT IS BRILLIANT AND TO SAY THE LEAST "COCKY" I LOVE THIS IDEA. CHECK IT OUT GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/rrvaldez20...l?1181282806520

ATRAIN
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Had the Nuggets played better in the regular season, they would've gotten a better seed. You get what you earn, and the Nuggets earned a first-round series with the Spurs. Too bad so sad. Don't make an excuse out of the fact that the Nuggets are in the Western Conference. IMO, they're better than the Jazz. AI and Carmelo just need to play together more. The Nuggets were well capable of taking the 4 or 5 seed, which would've set up a first-round series with neither the Spurs, Suns, or Mavs.

Had the Nuggets.......Mavs........Suns......Jazz played in the east you wouldnt be here at all.......What if are pointless. Nuggets are a good team, no im not a fan, but had they traded for AI sooner they would have been a higher seed. Bottom line West > East.

TampaDude
06-08-2007, 09:57 AM

That's what they're using on SportsCenter...on the SC Rundown, one of the tabs says LeBRICK... :lmao

TampaDude
06-08-2007, 10:03 AM
WITNESS HUH? WITNESS WHAT AN ASS WHOOPIN BY THE ALMIGHTY SPURS. THATS WHAT I SAW TONIGHT. CHECK OUT WHAT I FOUND TO COUNTER THAT "WITNESS" TSHIRT BULLSHIT. I HAVE ONE AND IT IS BRILLIANT AND TO SAY THE LEAST "COCKY" I LOVE THIS IDEA. CHECK IT OUT GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your link doesn't work.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM

How many threads are you going to post this in? If you are going to whore out your own shit, why don't you try not to be so obvious about it? How about giving a cut of your profits to Spurstalk since you are using them for your advertising?

ATRAIN
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM
How many threads are you going to post this in? If you are going to whore out your own shit, why don't you try not to be so obvious about it? How about giving a cut of your profits to Spurstalk since you are using them for your advertising?

LMAO

41times
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
you've got to do it 4 times people. it's just one game. he played that bad and only lost by 11.

DumbWade started slow last year. It's just 1 game and it was his very first Finals as well.