PDA

View Full Version : So much for the regular season.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Cavs have the absolute worst offense the Spurs have faced in this postseason. Spurs outrebounded them by 11 (+4 on the offensive glass) and had double the # of assists they had.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
rack the bryant i saidddDDDDDDDD

florige
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
We really should have beatin them by 25 for real..

T Park
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
if the Spurs shoot a modicum better in that second quarter

this game is a Bonner Beno 4th quarter show.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 10:51 PM
The game went just about as I thought it would. Cavs manage to slow the game down, but can't contain the Spurs' transition game nor keep TP out of the paint.

T Park
06-07-2007, 10:52 PM
hopefully you think the spurs will beat the shit out of them 3 straight times more :lol

J.T.
06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, I doubt Lebron goes shoots 25% and only makes 4 FG per game in this series, but I was impressed with how we handled him tonight. He was clearly bothered by the defense but Lebron will find a way to get his points, so I think he will adjust to it and start to figure it out. But if we can frustrate him this bad for the entire series, I wouldn't laugh at the people who called for a sweep.

Seriously, the game would have been over at half if we didn't shoot cold for a bit in the second half. That 9-0 run should've ended up being 20-5.

Would have been nice to see Finley get going in his first finals game. I think he shook off the rust and will be ready to do his part next game.

I did see a lot of rebounds that a Spur was trying to pull down but it was tipped or controlled by a Cavs player. We need to work on that a little more, if we had pulled down all of those we would have pounded them on the boards harder than Paris Hilton is going to get it in jail.

Good game from the Spurs though.

If you consider the cold streak in the 2nd, Finley going 1-7 (0-4 from 3), and Oberto turning in a goose egg, the Spurs should have won by 30+.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Lebron will find a way to get his points, so I think he will adjust to it and start to figure it out

Yeah, it's called Salvatore and Bavetta in games 3 and 4.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 10:57 PM
James will have better games in this series (not that it should be that hard for him to) but the Spurs clearly have come up with a good scheme to contain him and limit his ability to create opportunities for his teammates. The Cavs have been a one-man show offensively this season and tonight it showed.

J.T.
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it's called Salvatore and Bavetta in games 3 and 4.

Heh, my friend telling me after the game that the refs in Cleveland would probably prison rape us out of one or two of the games. I still think we win this in 5. Didn't we win the games that Sal and Bavetta called during the Utah series? Just saying that I'm not ruling out the possibility of getting some home-team biased refs in Cleveland but we've won some games with refs that tend to give us shit in this playoffs already.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
James will have better games in this series (not that it should be that hard for him to) but the Spurs clearly have come up with a good scheme to contain him and limit his ability to create opportunities for his teammates. The Cavs have been a one-man show offensively this season and tonight it showed.

The only thing the Spurs really need to concern themselves with is checking Gibson. Dude is still shooting out of his mind, and Brown just stated in the post game that Gibson will be getting more run.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Heh, my friend telling me after the game that the refs in Cleveland would probably prison rape us out of one or two of the games. I still think we win this in 5. Didn't we win the games that Sal and Bavetta called during the Utah series? Just saying that I'm not ruling out the possibility of getting some home-team biased refs in Cleveland but we've won some games with refs that tend to give us shit in this playoffs already.

Utah didn't have the second coming of Jordan on their team, though.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Deron Williams was playing like the second coming of jordan.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Cavs have the absolute worst offense the Spurs have faced in this postseason. Spurs outrebounded them by 11 (+4 on the offensive glass) and had double the # of assists they had.

True their guys other than Lebron (We assume Lebron) will not be able to do much against our D. The bench for us needs to play better though if they had we would have won by a lot more.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Spurs shot 38.1% from beyond the arc in the reg season and 37.5% tonight. Not a good sign for the Cavs if the Spurs can keep that up.

Cavs shot 42.9% from the field tonight and had 9 assists. Putrid.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Spurs shot 38.1% from beyond the arc in the reg season and 37.5% tonight. Not a good sign for the Cavs if the Spurs can keep that up.

Cavs shot 42.9% from the field tonight and had 9 assists. Putrid.

and that was after putrid shooting in the second half. ilgauskas was getting torched on the pick and roll and if we dont make boneheaded turnovers that result in fast break points the cavs dont have a chance.

Playoffs>>Reg.Season
06-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Great thread title. I agree.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
What gives me alot of hope

Alot of the things the Spurs did tonight, will be, and can be fixed after film and practice.

The Cavs couldn't guard the pick and roll to save their life.

Marcus Bryant
and that was after putrid shooting in the second half. ilgauskas was getting torched on the pick and roll and if we dont make boneheaded turnovers that result in fast break points the cavs dont have a chance.

Z was sent to the bench early. Spurs are changing the opponent's rotation.

:smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
Brown tried to get everyone not named Lebron involved at the start tonight. I expect them to come out running everything for 'Bron to start game 2.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
The doubles and rotations will have to improve big time from the 4th quarter tonight.

They guarded him perfectly for 3 quarters, but in the 4th it seemed they forgot how to.

Solid D
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Let's not get too giggly. Good win, but it only counts once.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
The doubles and rotations will have to improve big time from the 4th quarter tonight.

They guarded him perfectly for 3 quarters, but in the 4th it seemed they forgot how to.

Two off balanced threes with a defender in his mug above the key isnt forgetting anything.

Kevin Blackistone
06-07-2007, 11:52 PM

They coasted in the 4th. They do it every time they get a 15+ point lead in the 4th. Utah came back to make the final score respectable twice and it didn't help them any.

That said, the Spurs know how to guard Lebron. Lebron tried to get to the rim often and was shut down. He passed it off and the shooters were checked. He tried his outside shot and missed except for 2 luck shots. There is nothing else he can do except 1)force the action and get turnovers, hopefully offensive fouls, and missed shots or 2) continue to pass and deflect to other players.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Two off balanced threes with a defender in his mug above the key isnt forgetting anything.

They weren't off balanced, they were pull up, wide open threes.

They can't coast against this team, they have to bring it harder for 48 minutes.

3 more wins.

3 freakin more wins.

Kevin Blackistone
06-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Let's not get too giggly. Good win, but it only counts once.

True, but this is a game the Spurs are more than comfortable playing. They had rust and played an overall mediocre game and still had a blowout going in the 4th before coasting. The Spurs look comfortable because, now take a seat because this may come as a shock, Pop and the Spurs know the Cavs style of play. They came up with it, know it inside and out, and have much more horsepower on both ends of the court. Outside of making luck shots and getting extremely hot there isn't much the Cavs can do. What adjustments can they make that will give them any different looks that they would be comfortable playing?

I seem to recall from reading the last few days only a couple of people who weren't buying the "Mike Brown and Hank Egan know our system" stuff and realized that the Spurs know the system better and have the players to execute it better than the Cavs.

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
It's only been one game, a game that the Spurs won, and you guys are already complaining about officiating. Some of you need to get your head out of the clouds.

About our offense, you didn't already know it was bad? It just looked extra bad tonight because of the Spurs defense. I don't expect it to be this horrible as the series progresses, mainly because tonight, the Cavaliers looked completely lost. They're going to learn from this and they should. They were harassed tonight.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
It's only been one game, a game that the Spurs won, and you guys are already complaining about officiating. Some of you need to get your head out of the clouds.

About our offense, you didn't already know it was bad? It just looked extra bad tonight because of the Spurs defense. I don't expect it to be this horrible as the series progresses, mainly because tonight, the Cavaliers looked completely lost. They're going to learn from this and they should. They were harassed tonight.

The only ref whining ive seen are cavs fans blaming lebricks choke job on the refs.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2007, 12:06 AM

Nah, I knew. But apparently some of your fellow fans did not.

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Nah, I knew. But apparently some of your fellow fans did not.

They're not fans. If they were, they would know. Therefore, they don't know much about the team they're rooting for, which is just sad.

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:10 AM
The only ref whining ive seen are cavs fans blaming lebricks choke job on the refs.

Huh? The refs were actually pretty decent tonight, IMO. We lost because we couldn't knock down shots. Nothing to do with refs. They did their jobs.

Dingle Barry
06-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Those 3's were not "wide open." He just decided to finally shoot for his percentage.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Those 3's were not "wide open." He just decided to finally shoot for his percentage.

Spurs missed some decent looks as well tonight.

703 Spurz
06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
hopefully you think the spurs will beat the shit out of them 3 straight times more :lol

:lol

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:56 AM
703 Spurz, do you live in Northern VA?

Budkin
06-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Just like in the ECF... the Cavs did not look good. Unfotunately there were times when we didn't either. I'd like to see the Spurs blow them out of the building next game.

efrem1
06-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Just like in the ECF... the Cavs did not look good. Unfotunately there were times when we didn't either. I'd like to see the Spurs blow them out of the building next game.

...and if they do that, we would be assured that the Cavs need to sweep all of their games at home to have a ghost of a chance. :elephant

Marcus Bryant
06-11-2007, 12:17 AM
2-0. Or, I guess in the mind of Cav Fan, 2-2.