PDA

View Full Version : How do the commentators even discuss the game?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 10:46 PM
With Lebron's junk in their mouths. Fucking pathetic. Going to watch the rest of the Finals on mute.

ObiwanGinobili
06-07-2007, 10:47 PM
ITA.
I was really close to puttin my fist thru my screen.

T Park
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
mark jackson was jumping up and down like a little kid begging for Lebron's jizz.

It got to the point of just wanting to put it on mute.

phyzik
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Starting whottt's first apetizer.... Finley De owned

dav4463
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I put it on WOAI for most of the game and ESPN radio for some. The guys on ESPN radio were much more pro-Spurs than the TV guys.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
According to Mark Jackson:

* Lebron's 'simple' spin moves put Bowen in the first row

* Lebron played great defense on Tony Parker, nevermind Tony's 26 points and 7 assists

* 'Bron was missing, but was setting his teammates up for easy buckets, that's why he had a whopping four assists

* James was missing, but he was doing it with 3-4 Spurs contesting him :wow

Give me a fucking break.

O-Factor
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
ITA.
I was really close to puttin my fist thru my screen.
I did put my fist through my screen

RogerIsEatingASandwich
06-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Mark Jackson is a fucking dumbass. Michael Wilbon is getting pretty damn annoying as well.

ABC blows.

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Didn't we do a thread about LeBron being so good already? The announcers should steal stuff from that. Though it seems to me like nothing in basketball has ever been done until LeBron has done it.

csl24
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I used to like wilbon but every since the suns series and the suspenions he has been a damn hater.

Spurminator
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
The bar I was at had the sound off so I missed these gems.

Thanks for the tip though, I will continue to watch without analysis.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
I was getting so pissed a the announcers i just turned them off. i got sick of guessing who the foul was called on and wondering what the hell happened to Bruce i just muted them and put on some Soulfly at the half. Seemed to work in the second half so Im going to have to work the mojo til it runs out.

703 Spurz
06-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I used to like wilbon but every since the suns series and the suspenions he has been a damn hater.

Yep him and fire crotch Kornheiser. Suns homers

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:59 AM
If you hate it that much, yeah, put it on mute. A better move would be to just get used to it because you're not gonna find any announcers that will be objective. All of ABC and ESPN's analysts are terrible. They're a bunch of flip floppers.

Just be thankful it's not Skip Bayless calling the games. Actually, on second thought, he's a true LeBron hater, so maybe you'd like him to be the announcer?

timvp
06-08-2007, 01:04 AM
If LeBron would have been drafted by the Spurs, he'd have the same things being said about him and Spurs fans would be soaking it up. He's damn good, especially for a 22 year old.

There's only so many times they can talk about how underrated and underappreciated Duncan is. Being in awe of a 22 year old kid who led his team to the Finals is an understandable topic of conversation ... in my book at least.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Actually Van Gundy didn't say shit about LeBron tonight. It's just that Breen and Jackson said their piece AND felt the need to make up for Van Gundy not worshiping his 25%ness.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2007, 01:07 AM
If LeBron would have been drafted by the Spurs, he'd have the same things being said about him and Spurs fans would be soaking it up. He's damn good, especially for a 22 year old.

There's only so many times they can talk about how underrated and underappreciated Duncan is. Being in awe of a 22 year old kid who led his team to the Finals is an understandable topic of conversation ... in my book at least.

I have no problem with propping him for his performance in the ECF. I have a problem with announcers making excuses for him when he's going 4-16, when Parker is blowing by him for layups while they kiss his ass as a great defender, and the other assorted lame ass bullshit they came up with tonight to worship him while him and his team got its ass kicked.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2007, 01:10 AM
He and 3 more wins are standing in the way of #4. Focus, Spurs fans.

klx23
06-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I have no problem with propping him for his performance in the ECF. I have a problem with announcers making excuses for him when he's going 4-16, when Parker is blowing by him for layups while they kiss his ass as a great defender, and the other assorted lame ass bullshit they came up with tonight to worship him while him and his team got its ass kicked.

You should be thankful. Excessive criticism would fire LeBron up the way it did in the Pistons series.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow. Some of you guys are way too thenthetive. Everyone at ABC is rooting for the Cavs. I have no idea why, as it's probably better for their overall ratings for the Spurs to sweep.