PDA

View Full Version : Our Player intros

ATXSPUR
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I dont know about you guys...but I got more goosebumps listening to the cavs coming out to tolling bells than watching the Spurs coming out...yall ready for this is way too overdone and old. Why cant we have something cool like the Pistons "Final Countdown". And I have seen clevelands home intro and it blows ours out of the water...and where is the pyro??

That being said winning > cool intro.

my2sons
06-07-2007, 10:51 PM
i always get goosebumps when the spurs team is being introduced in the nba finals....

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I'd like some bad ass music something really cool. Though who knows when the team we'll shell out the money for that.

Geraldo Rivera
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
The ATT Center has the worst music selection of any arena that isn't the old Delta Center. It's a mix between Adult Contemporary and a Ho' Down

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Worn out intro music forum.

Seriously though, this is about the billionth thread on that damn song on this forum.

bigfan
06-07-2007, 11:33 PM
As a long time Spurs fan I must admit our player into sucks big time. Crappy announcer, crappy music. As far as other entertainment goes, it hasnt been the same since "Volver" at the end of the third quarter at Hemisfair.

bigfan
06-07-2007, 11:33 PM
As a long time Spurs fan I must admit our player intro sucks big time. Crappy announcer, crappy music. As far as other entertainment goes, it hasnt been the same since "Volver" at the end of the third quarter at Hemisfair.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 11:34 PM
"Ya'll ready for this" was NOT cool in 1992 i dont know why they still think its cool.

PakiDan
06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
It takes nothing at all to develop a new player intro. Ours is outdated and well past it's welcome. The Spurs back office needs to do something. UPDATE OUR INTRO!!!

Kevin Blackistone
06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Offseason discussion. This is the Finals, you don't change a damn thing. Win it all then worry about this for next Nov.

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Everything was better at Hemifair the fans were louder there too.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:37 PM
living in the past forum

worrying about stupid shit like music forum

FuzzyLumpkins
06-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Offseason discussion. This is the Finals, you don't change a damn thing. Win it all then worry about this for next Nov.

i have to watch this shit now so Im going to bash it as I see it. And your columns at DMN were next to worthless thank god you dont work there anymore.

sanka
06-07-2007, 11:41 PM
I love the intro this season. I'd pay actual money, up to $5, for the spurs logo/flame thing they have for a computer desktop background. I wish the AT&T center put the intro online in high quality so I could rip it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Sounds like some people in this thread are closet fans of the song.

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Fuck the intro. Who cares if it's good or bad. At least we are winning.

ATXSPUR
06-08-2007, 12:23 AM
"Ya'll ready for this" was NOT cool in 1992 i dont know why they still think its cool.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/spat_luvs_ulric/carlito.jpg

Thats not cool!

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2007, 12:28 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/spat_luvs_ulric/carlito.jpg

Thats not cool!

:blah

Who wears short shorts?

Oh and whats with your handle mang? You named after a computer case?

THE SIXTH MAN
06-08-2007, 12:29 AM
WTF, we win game one of the finals and people are bitching about music?

judaspriestess
06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
The Spurs should have come out to "Cowboys from Hell" from Pantera. Sure its a little dated but that song never gets old. Pantera forever.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2007, 12:46 AM
The Spurs should have come out to "Cowboys from Hell" from Pantera. Sure its a little dated but that song never gets old. Pantera forever.

i was thinking Primitive by Soulfly.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-08-2007, 12:52 AM
WTF, we win game one of the finals and people are bitching about music?
I don't see the problem with it, I was wondering why they didn't wise up, :lol

I even remember an article calling out the Spurs for using outdated music, as a reason why they're boring.

judaspriestess
06-08-2007, 12:52 AM
i was thinking Primitive by Soulfly.

I have that playing in my car. LOVE IT but I'd rather have Seek and Destroy playing from that partic cd.

Budkin
06-08-2007, 02:00 AM
I don't really mind Get Ready for This because the Spurs were the first team to use it and I always think of the Spurs and David Robinson when I hear it... I like the video that plays right before that though. That gives me chills every time I see it.

T-Pain
06-08-2007, 02:14 AM
first we need to get rid of stan kelly if we want cool player intros

rob5
06-08-2007, 02:52 AM
The worse thing about the intro was not the music but the look on Manu's face when being introduced as just another row player.

AlamoSpursFan
06-08-2007, 02:55 AM
I'd personally be willing to pay a buttload of money to the Spurs employee that busts a cap off in whatever media storage device holds the "Day-O" sound effect.

SRJ
06-08-2007, 04:09 AM
Yeah, "Day-O" can suck me off.

I don't know what's so wrong with calling attention to the fact that our intro is a national embarrassment. "Are You Ready For This?" is the worst intro EVAR. Here is a list of bad songs that would make a better intro:

"Brandy, You're A Fine Girl" - Looking Glass
"It's Rainin' Men" - The Weather Girls
"Shattered Dreams" - Johnny Hates Jazz
"Sad Eyes" - Robert John
"Wild Wild West" - The Escape Club
"I Can Dream About You" - Dan Hartman
"Key Largo" - Bertie Higgins
"Buffalo Stance" - Neneh Cherry
"Man In Motion (St. Elmo's Fire)" - John Parr
"Everything Falls Apart" - Dog's Eye View
"Afternoon Delight" - Starland Vocal Band
"Mr. Roboto" - Styx
"Birdland" - The Manhattan Transfer
"Nobody" - Sylvia

I'll stop now, but yes, any of those horrific wastes of recording studio time and money would be better than the putrid bile by 2 Unlimited.

carina_gino20
06-08-2007, 05:46 AM
The worse thing about the intro was not the music but the look on Manu's face when being introduced as just another row player.

i thought he looked a little pissed, but it was kind of cool...like a thuggish Manu. :lol

Death In June
06-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Day O, If you're happy and you know it, Ya'll ready for this, and the Adams Family theme need to go. I know I'm not the only one that can't find the connection between Day O and basketball, other than having something stupid to shout as a collective.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
I like Y'all ready for this, because it reminds me of David and Sean and when I used to live in SA. If you're happy and you know it makes my blood run cold. And the bananna boat song is stupid, and Harry Belafonte is a communist.

samikeyp
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
"Brandy, You're A Fine Girl" - Looking Glass
"It's Rainin' Men" - The Weather Girls
"Shattered Dreams" - Johnny Hates Jazz
"Sad Eyes" - Robert John
"Wild Wild West" - The Escape Club
"I Can Dream About You" - Dan Hartman
"Key Largo" - Bertie Higgins
"Buffalo Stance" - Neneh Cherry
"Man In Motion (St. Elmo's Fire)" - John Parr
"Everything Falls Apart" - Dog's Eye View
"Afternoon Delight" - Starland Vocal Band
"Mr. Roboto" - Styx
"Birdland" - The Manhattan Transfer
"Nobody" - Sylvia

I think this is a playlist from every middle school dance in the 80's! :lol

samikeyp
06-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Everything was better at Hemifair the fans were louder there too.

agreed...and meaner too. That is what happens when you fill everyone with cheap Lone Star and Stedles Wine Coolers! :lmao

Damn I did love the Hemisfair though....and Pat Tallman was the shit. RIP.

If you ever notice...right when Stan Kelly starts talking, the ground shakes a little...that is Pat Tallman turning in his grave.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Everything about the PA, Music, Intros needs to revamped.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I did get to go to a few games in Hemifair and it was louder, wilder, and just all around better.

sa_butta
06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
agreed...and meaner too. That is what happens when you fill everyone with cheap Lone Star and Stedles Wine Coolers! :lmao

Damn I did love the Hemisfair though....and Pat Tallman was the shit. RIP.

If you ever notice...right when Stan Kelly starts talking, the ground shakes a little...that is Pat Tallman turning in his grave.Is Stan Kelly going through a second phase of puberty? his voice probably disturbs him.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I did get to go to a few games in Hemifair and it was louder, wilder, and just all around better.
Except that you couldn't see the entire court because of the pillars and the team didn't win in the playoffs.