PDA

View Full Version : Someone Tell The Spurs Fans That This Is The FINALS!!!!

The Red Hood
06-07-2007, 11:18 PM
You all ask for shirts you got it we are in the finals and yet I have never seen a less enthuseastic more quiet arena WTF stand up cheer bang those cheap accordion things PUT ON THE FUCKING SHIRT that's why they gave them out I saw some suite who had his shirt draped over his shoulder and it is not a good excuse that the shirt is to small for some of the bigger people I saw a lot of big dudes that were squeezing into their shirts LETS GET LOUD SPURS FANS and yes I am talking to you to you corporate spur fans and to you you hoochie ladies that come wearing high heels and with your cleavage busting out heck even Eva Longoria was not wearing the go spurs go shirt either no wonder why they took so long to bust out the "white out" shirts they probably new that their would be some Spur Fans that would not wear the shirt

thekingrobert
06-07-2007, 11:21 PM
go ask the cavs if it was loud when the spurs made runs are you basing this off of your crappy sounding tv?

judaspriestess
06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
People leaving the game early just kills me everytime I see it.

Un fucking real. At least it was not a huge amount like in the Jazz series.

Budkin
06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
It was awesome that you could actually pick out the lame fucking fans in the lower bowl that refused to wear the shirts... get some real fans in their place! You know the Q is going to be absolutely apeshit.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:26 PM
The Red Hood with more jealous stupidity.

STFU and enjoy the win.

The Red Hood
No I am basing this off of personal experience did you know that they had 20,000 Cleveland fans at the Q watching the game on their jumbo tron

Marcus Bryant
The crowd was into it. The mike wasn't picking up the noise. They cap that shit so you can hear the wise commentary of Mark Jackson.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
It was awesome that you could actually pick out the lame fucking fans in the lower bowl that refused to wear the shirts

so those fans cheer, show up and support the team, but they dont wear a 2 dollar shirt and they should be removed?

STFU you fuckers.

braeden0613
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
It was actually pretty loud most of the game...abc doesnt mic the crowd so it is hard to hear on tv.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I am basing this off of personal experience did you know that they had 20,000 Cleveland fans at the Q watching the game on their jumbo tron

They've never played in the finals before

How the FUCK do you think they are gonna be?

Good god get some perspective.

The Red Hood
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM

Exactly they were leaving right when the cavs made their little run

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I think they were louder in the Hemisphere arena way back when.....

Kevin Blackistone
The crowd seemed fine, but either way you can't tell shit from TV.

Kevin Blackistone
Shut up and enjoy the win in the Finals you dumbass.

braeden0613
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
seriously...even single home game we get this...

The Red Hood
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
How the FUCK do you think they are gonna be

THE SAME WAY THE SPURS FANS SHOULD BE ASSHOLE

Kiss ma Grits
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
At least we have one logical Spur fan, no wonder why no one wanted to see a Spur Detroit Series...

Mr. Black
A perfect summary of the sbc center's crowd: Under twenty seconds left in the game, when the game was clearly in hand, the cavs score... the crowd went from a loud frenzious rousing, to a dull roar.

thekingrobert
hey what can we say we're spoiled

Buddy Holly
06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
the cavs score... the crowd went from a loud frenzious rousing, to a dull roar.

Who cheers after the opponent scores?

The Red Hood
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
I just think that we should bask in the glory of these times it won't be long before James, Oden, and the combo of Williams and Boozer own the NBA with Dynasties

Buddy Holly
06-07-2007, 11:37 PM
I swear, I think some scientist on some remote island created a pill that gave humans 24/7 periods and is now testing them on Spurs fans who use the computer a lot.

Fucking hand full of fans not wearing a shirt, bitch.

ABC Audio sucks so it sounds quiet, bitch.

The air is free, bitch.

Buddy Holly
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I just think that we should bask in the glory of these times it won't be long before James, Oden, and the combo of Williams and Boozer own the NBA with Dynasties

So there's been a total of two dynasties (three when the Spurs win) in the last 30 years in an era with Magic and Kareem and Jordan and Pippen but now in the next 10-15 years there's going to be three seperate dynasties?? ok.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
On TV, the crowd sounded silent during that Cavs run in the 4th... I hope it was loud, because I was pretty pissed at the crowd too.

You need me to come back over there and teach you guys how to SCREAM FO' YO' TEAM!?!? :lmao

Cry Havoc
06-07-2007, 11:41 PM

I understand that it bothers you, but some people have early morning jobs that require a proper night's sleep.

This is just sports after all. It's not work wrapping your car around a tree driving to work in the morning because you stayed up too late at the game.

itzsoweezee
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
the annoying part was that there were spurs fans that weren't wearing the shirt and they weren't even wearing black or white. WTF? that shit didn't happen in Utah or Oakland.

Buddy Holly
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
WTF? that shit didn't happen in Utah or Oakland.

Yeah it did.

stxspurs
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
ok....following your logic i guess u are saying david robinson sucks as a spur fan cuz he wasnt wearing his shirt either...nor his kids or parkers father

Solid D
06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
It was a wonderful evening at the opera tonight.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/brandsonsale-store_1951_99543415

tony09manu
06-07-2007, 11:56 PM
It was loud.

End of story.

Stop complaining. We won. If you did not go to the game, then you have no business speaking.

It wasn't the lower bowl either (before I hear that). Several times I noticed that people down there were standing while the supposed "better" fans were sitting.

Can't we all just get along and stop fighting? If you can't be happy with a Spurs win, I question your motives for actually watching.

stxspurs
06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
i was there and it was awesome....especially when they brought out the spurs legends....elliot, gervin and the admiral! :clap :clap

tony09manu
06-08-2007, 12:03 AM
i was there and it was awesome....especially when they brought out the spurs legends....elliot, gervin and the admiral! :clap :clap

Yeah, it really was. That was one of the loudest moments. But the people on TV did not get to see it...

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I would of liked to see that.

EJFischer
06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't know what it sounded like on TV, but it was plenty loud there! During the third quarter everyone was standing and screaming for about four straight posessions!

LakerLanny
06-08-2007, 12:14 AM

I am from LA and used to hate that when fans would do that at Lakers and Dodgers games.

Is the traffic getting out of AT&T so severe that it warrants that? If you are so anxious to leave a NBA Finals game, I have to wonder how much you really wanted to go in the first place.

That said, your team has many diehard fans who were known for being loud during the old Hemisphere days....what happened to those fans?

mrsmaalox
06-08-2007, 12:15 AM
When I didn't think it was loud enough I just turned up the volume on my TV. Problem solved!

judaspriestess
06-08-2007, 12:21 AM
I understand that it bothers you, but some people have early morning jobs that require a proper night's sleep.

This is just sports after all. It's not work wrapping your car around a tree driving to work in the morning because you stayed up too late at the game.

We all have jobs ok but leaving a game with ONE MINUTE left while having the privilege of watching your team in the Finals is not going to make you get into a car wreck the following morning. Thats absurd. It just looks really really bad on TV and only adds fuel to the fire of the stigma that SA has. Its unfortunate.

judaspriestess
06-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I am from LA and used to hate that when fans would do that at Lakers and Dodgers games.

Is the traffic getting out of AT&T so severe that it warrants that? If you are so anxious to leave a NBA Finals game, I have to wonder how much you really wanted to go in the first place.

That said, your team has many diehard fans who were known for being loud during the old Hemisphere days....what happened to those fans?

You are right Laker Lanny I remember those days as a kid at the Hemisfair Arena. The Alamodome was pretty loud too.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 12:24 AM
The crowd wasn't that good today. They were good for the first five minutes of the game, then pretty non-existent except when prompted by the Coyote or the announcer.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2007, 12:26 AM
ABC's presentation overall pretty much sucks. They have the worst sound and their analysts aren't good. The picture is fine, but I still think TNT blows them away in every way possible.

Its a damn shame ABC has the finals and not TNT.

703 Spurz
06-08-2007, 12:51 AM
You all ask for shirts you got it we are in the finals and yet I have never seen a less enthuseastic more quiet arena WTF stand up cheer bang those cheap accordion things PUT ON THE FUCKING SHIRT that's why they gave them out I saw some suite who had his shirt draped over his shoulder and it is not a good excuse that the shirt is to small for some of the bigger people I saw a lot of big dudes that were squeezing into their shirts LETS GET LOUD SPURS FANS and yes I am talking to you to you corporate spur fans and to you you hoochie ladies that come wearing high heels and with your cleavage busting out heck even Eva Longoria was not wearing the go spurs go shirt either no wonder why they took so long to bust out the "white out" shirts they probably new that their would be some Spur Fans that would not wear the shirt

What the fuck kind of TVs do you guys have? Everytime I hear someone whining about the lack of noise I'm always baffled b/c on my TV it IS loud.

How much louder do you want it to be? Do you want the backboards to blow up b/c its so loud?

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 12:52 AM
What the fuck kind of TVs do you guys have? Everytime I hear someone whining about the lack of noise I'm always baffled b/c on my TV it IS loud.

How much louder do you want it to be? Do you want the backboards to blow up b/c its so loud?

:lol

Well I was sitting in the arena and it wasn't that loud compared to playoff games in recent years.

Cleveland Steamer
06-08-2007, 01:20 AM
At least we have one logical Spur fan, no wonder why no one wanted to see a Spur Detroit Series...
pwnt

Budkin
06-08-2007, 01:31 AM
the annoying part was that there were spurs fans that weren't wearing the shirt and they weren't even wearing black or white. WTF? that shit didn't happen in Utah or Oakland.

Yeah those are the people I was referring to... the people wearing like yellow and shit... for fuck's sake... come on. Show a little Spurs spirit!

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Yeah those are the people I was referring to... the people wearing like yellow and shit... for fuck's sake... come on. Show a little Spurs spirit!

Yeah there were two people in bright green and one in orange a few rows behind the Cavs bench, but they might have been Cavs fans.

I saw a lot of Cavs fans who obviously weren't wearing the shirt.

braeden0613
06-08-2007, 02:08 AM
I think before next game i'm gonna make a preemptive "spurs fans suck!!OMGGG" or "the spurs are soo leaving after this run is over" thread so can consolidate all the crying into one place

Tek_XX
06-08-2007, 02:33 AM
typical spurs crowd, bored with winning.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-08-2007, 02:36 AM
So there's been a total of two dynasties (three when the Spurs win) in the last 30 years in an era with Magic and Kareem and Jordan and Pippen but now in the next 10-15 years there's going to be three seperate dynasties?? ok.

you forgot Bird's Celtics

and in recent memory the shaq era lakers

Man of Steel
06-08-2007, 02:45 AM
I am usually critical about Spurs fans at the AT&T Center, too.

But some friends who went to the game said their ears were still ringing when they left due to the noise level--louder than shit in there.

On the news, reporters who had cameras up in the stands recorded the fans in the upper decks--and the arena sounded pretty loud.

But I have to admit--the Cleveland fans are real die-hards--kinda like we were back in 1999.

THey had 20,000 show up to watch the game outside their arena for game one.

ShoogarBear
06-08-2007, 02:45 AM
I decided not to wear the T-shirt over my Gervin throwback.

The one drawback I noticed about the t-shirts is that they covered up some of the eye candy. :(

player_twister
06-08-2007, 03:28 AM
I am watching the ESPN version of game one now. The crowd is much louder then the ABC Broadcast.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-08-2007, 03:33 AM
The crowd wasn't that good today. They were good for the first five minutes of the game, then pretty non-existent except when prompted by the Coyote or the announcer.

I'm really confused by Spurs fans, they will stand during an entire timeout but once the game starts they immediately sit down

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 03:40 AM
The crowd wasn't that good today. They were good for the first five minutes of the game, then pretty non-existent except when prompted by the Coyote or the announcer.Pretty accurate. They responded the most at unlikely times like Bruce's offensive rebound.

It's funny hearing Manny bitch about the tv; I could've sworn I saw him and Jekka on the Kiss Cam.

ShoogarBear
06-08-2007, 03:42 AM
It's funny hearing Manny bitch about the tv; I could've sworn I saw him and Jekka on the Kiss Cam.:lol, I know what you're talking about. I did a double take, but it definitely wasn't them.

timvp
06-08-2007, 03:43 AM
That wasn't Manny. However, no comment on whether that was Jekka . . .

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 03:44 AM
:lol I'm sorry I didn't get to meet anyone. I got the tickets in Austin at 6:35.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 03:47 AM
They responded the most at unlikely times like Bruce's offensive rebound.

Yeah that was kind of funny. I thought maybe they were just using it as a time to show Bowen some love, since he had been owning LeBron all night.

timvp
06-08-2007, 03:48 AM
Regarding the fans, this playoffs have been a far cry from other years ... even 2005. But really, the Spurs don't depend on crowd energy like the Warriors or even the Jazz. So if San Antonio wants to sleep on this team, oh well.

We got some true Spurs fans in here who will be damn happy if the Spurs can get number four. There are enough die hards in here to make up for a lot of the bandwagoners who fell off when winning got boring.

Besides, when Spurs fans are into it, the M-V-P chant for Duncan just makes him miss free throws. At least when they are quiet Duncan can concentrate.

:smokin

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Manu was trying to get the crowd into it by flailing about more than when he flops. He commented on that on the radio after the game.

I felt ashamed.

timvp
06-08-2007, 03:55 AM
I felt ashamed.

I'm proud to be a fan of a team that is three wins away from a championship even without a true homecourt advantage since Game 7 of the 2005 Finals.

:hat

polandprzem
06-08-2007, 05:56 AM
so those fans cheer, show up and support the team, but they dont wear a 2 dollar shirt and they should be removed?

STFU you fuckers.

Why are you so pissed?

It didn't suit you?

Slippy
06-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm proud to be a fan of a team that is three wins away from a championship even without a true homecourt advantage since Game 7 of the 2005 Finals.

:hat
that's the game i compare it to and i've been getting the ESPN feed for the last 5 years. Last nights game, the noise level just didn't stack up.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
My name is Scott and I'm a terrible spoiled fan. I only yelled at the TV a couple of times...

steppy
06-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know if there were different sized shirts? I happened to get an XL but saw some that looked smaller.

And I thought that the crowd was pretty good. Then again, I was in the rafters.

tmtcsc
06-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Good Lord, STFU already about the Fans at the arena. Try wearing 2 shirts (even if it was thin) when its so damn stuffy and hot already or try putting another shirt over your "lucky" Spurs shirt....

I started out with my white shirt on and when I became convinced that it wasn't doing anything for the Spurs and was just making me uncomfortable, I took it off.

I've always thought that having cheers would help keep the crowd involved. It may sound lame, but why not hand out some sort of fliers with chants on them that everyone can pick up and learn...Kind of like "Detroit.......Basketball !!!" (Even though I hate that one, it keeps the crowd in unison. Or play the "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole...Manu....Manu" from time to time. Have the crowd sing that one when Manu does well.

Can you imagine an entire crowd chanting "Spurs Win, take it home !"...or something like that towards the end of the game ? That would be sweet. It could be like the "Na Na Na Nah...Na Na Na Nah, Hey Hey...Good Bye" thing..

More of that stuff would be cool. THe shirts are visual, nothing more. Get people cheering in unison..

tmtcsc
06-08-2007, 10:08 AM
My name is Scott and I'm a terrible spoiled fan. I only yelled at the TV a couple of times...

Hi Scott.

twincam
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
It was loud.

End of story.

Stop complaining. We won. If you did not go to the game, then you have no business speaking.

It wasn't the lower bowl either (before I hear that). Several times I noticed that people down there were standing while the supposed "better" fans were sitting.

Can't we all just get along and stop fighting? If you can't be happy with a Spurs win, I question your motives for actually watching.

It was very loud indeed. I was with friends in section 226 (balcony level), and through my observasions, it was a frenzy crowd last night. Everyone was standing from my birdseye view. It was LOUD! That I guarantee. If you were NOT at the game, you don't know how loud it really was. Don't let the TV audio fool you...IT WAS LOUD!

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 10:19 AM
When Manu urged the crowd the crowd got loud as hell. Spurs went on a real nice run afterwards too. anyways, i wish I could be so special to be considered a "real" fan.

DDS4
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
It even seemed subdued on TV.

PR might have to distribute *gasp* thundersticks to make more noise.

Contrast that to the Warriors home playoff games....

baseline bum
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM

It's the NBA Finals, not a February game against Atlanta. These don't come around too often, no matter how good your team is. I would think a couple of days of getting thirty less minutes of sleep isn't much of a tradeoff for seeing your team win it all.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Eva was wearing a yellow top. WTF, Eva? :flipoff

cholo
06-08-2007, 08:15 PM

spurschick
06-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I thought it was extremely loud. There were times I was yelling and I couldn't even hear myself because it was so loud.

HJNTX
06-08-2007, 08:23 PM
It wouldn't hurt for Ms. Longoria to wear the white t-shirt or some other SPURS colors either .. :rolleyes

Jelly
06-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I can't believe all this complaining. What I saw on TV was an energized, loud crowd all dressed in white. In fact I saw nothing BUT people in white ....it practically looked like a Klan meeting for God's sake. The crowd did their part. Get off their backs! I'm sick of these constant threads portraying Spurs fans as apathetic. They are anything but.

Deb
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I was there, and it was damned loud

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I can't believe all this complaining. What I saw on TV was an energized, loud crowd all dressed in white. In fact I saw nothing BUT people in white ....it practically looked like a Klan meeting for God's sake. The crowd did their part. Get off their backs! I'm sick of these constant threads portraying Spurs fans as apathetic. They are anything but.

It wasn't loud compared to past playoff runs.

In the Finals in 2003 and 2005, you couldn't hear the person next to you unless you were screaming at the top of your lungs and then sometimes not even then.

The last two seasons, the playoff crowds have not been even close to the loudness of 2003-05. It's worth mentioning that it's not that loud, especially when the players are even noting it.

Deb
06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Manu was trying to get the crowd into it by flailing about more than when he flops. He commented on that on the radio after the game.

I felt ashamed.

Atlanta Hawks. No more needs to be said.............

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Atlanta Hawks. No more needs to be said.............

The Hawks thing is a joke. ChumpDumper is a die hard Spurs fan.

Deb
06-08-2007, 09:39 PM
The Hawks thing is a joke. ChumpDumper is a die hard Spurs fan.
Oops, stand corrected.

spurastic
06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I was also there. And at the 2003 and 2005 championships games. It was damn loud and we did our part. I only saw a few people that were non-reactive to anything. If you are going by what you saw on TV, then it's not a true picture since ABC mutes the crowd noise if they choose.

If you were also yelling, then you shouldn't be able to tell "How Quite It Was".

I'm hoarse today, are you? Complain, complain, complain. It's almost as bad as Whine, Whine, Whine.

tmtcsc
06-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I was at the game too. I thought the crowd was fine. I watched the tivo of the game and ABC definitely tones down the sound.

Dingle Barry
06-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Corporate assholes aren't known for their frenzied behavior.

TxJudsonRocketTx
06-09-2007, 05:44 AM

The game ended at like 10:30 for crying out loud. And everything in life can be made to seem meaningless when you compare it with a persons life, thats just a stupid thing to do. You can say those people should miss work if theyre that tired because "Its just one day of a job and it wouldnt be worth losing your life over." Since you didnt mention anyone dying when they wrapped their car around that tree... Its just a car, at least they wouldnt die!