PDA

View Full Version : Masterful timeout.

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
I thought Pop did a good job with the timeout early in the second down 3. He seemed to focus the team and they responded well (9-0 run IIRC).

J.T.
06-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that was the point of the game when I knew the Spurs were about to turn it on. I was telling the friends I was watching it with that the Spurs would get out of the shooting funk they were in and bust off a big run. Cleveland got back in it, but the Spurs made a lot of good hustle plays. Most impressive being Parker getting the rebound off his own FT miss and making it a 4 point play. I think the run got up to 13-3 before things started to level off, but you're right, it was 9-0.

The Ginobili 3 right before half was also a great statement to make going into half. A big shot right before the halftime buzzer is always good motivation.

T Park
06-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Pop is the master of the perfectly timed time out.

If the Spurs can somehow win this Finals, maybe he will start to get his due.

Guajalote
06-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I could almost see the rust break off at that point. Spurs never played poorly for the rest of the game. Sweet call.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-07-2007, 11:43 PM
...while Coach Brown's time outs were weird.

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
...while Coach Brown's time outs were weird.

They weren't weird. They were trying to stop the bleeding...

Solid D
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Yes, and it didn't hurt that Tony got a 4-point trip out of their first possession by missing his and-1 FT and getting his own rebound for the teardrop. Those 4 quick points started the sweet 9-0 run. Complete momentum change out of that timeout.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Yup, good call.

We got to see what he said in that timeout too, and it was a very calm (paraphrasing):
"settle down, this isn't a race, it's a long road...
settle down, execute, move the ball
and play for the long haul..."
;)