PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Introduction: Jordan, Magic, Bird, Lebron?

Creation88
06-07-2007, 11:38 PM
are you freakin' kidding me? did this rub anyone else the wrong way? Great players that changed the game: Jordan, Bird, and Magic and you thrown in a kid that has yet to prove anything into the mix: lebron james.

i was honestly expecting TIM to be featured as the next Icon of the game and yet the nation media continues to overlook him in favor of a "king without a crown."

oh well, as TIM was say "it doesn't matter as long as we get the wins and the trophy!"

Great win tonight! woo-hoo! :clap

Avitus1
06-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Yea it was retard. ABC is all over LeBrons nuts, Wade would of made more sense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 11:41 PM
:wtf They showed David and Tim holding the trophies over their heads from 2003. What do you want? They're not going to ignore Lebron. Chill out.

BigBeezie
06-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I was at the game, and everything favored the Spurs all night. It was great...

SAGambler
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Someone has to prop him up, cause he is about to lose his crown.

With performances like he put on tonight, in a few years it will be Lebron Who, instead of "The Chosen 1".

Creation88
:wtf They showed David and Tim holding the trophies over their heads from 2003. What do you want? They're not going to ignore Lebron. Chill out.

calm down, buddy. just stating a thought.

tim_duncan_fan
I expected it to be LeBron but it still bothered me. It's crazy. This guy has done nothing but take advantage of a severely weakened Eastern Conference and they act like he's redefined the way the game is played. And not only that, but it was Gibson who took out the pistons in that last game.

I wish I had a whole network of people dedicated to sucking me up for doing absolutely nothing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
calm down, buddy. just stating a thought.

It sucks and is stupid, but honestly, if you're that bent out of shape by the pre-game intro, just listen to pre-game on the radio and turn on the TV at tipoff.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Come on, Lebron is going to be good. It's just that Lebron is the future. Tim Duncan is the present.

Lebron has one bad game, and no way does Gibson get credit for taking out the pistons in the last game. Lebron was facilitating all game 6....Don't be Homers about it just because our team isn't getting media suckage....who the fuck cares?

dav4463
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
At least they didn't show Dirk holding his MVP trophy!

El_Mago
06-08-2007, 12:24 AM
That graphic intro was badass.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 12:26 AM
At least they didn't show Dirk holding his MVP trophy!

True.

klx23
06-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Why do you care so much? You need more attention? You got the win, just be happy with it. ABC does what it has to do to get more people to watch, and hyping LeBron up is the only way they know how. Thousands of people are only watching this series because of him so just let it go.

Creation88
06-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Why do you care so much? You need more attention? You got the win, just be happy with it. ABC does what it has to do to get more people to watch, and hyping LeBron up is the only way they know how. Thousands of people are only watching this series because of him so just let it go.

hold onto that "hype." i'm hoping that's the only thing the SPURS leave the cavs. :)

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Why do you care so much?
I guess the same reason you hang out on a Spurs board making sure nobody disrespects your team.

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Wade would of made more sense.

why because he has the powers to summon a wheelchair to the arena?

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:27 PM
He's won four more NBA finals games than Lebron has.

BeerIsGood!
06-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Lebron is a great slasher and passer with a subpar shot. No greatness yet, he just has the luxury of playing in a trash conference against trash opponents. If he ever gets a consistent shot and improves his defense he'll be a great player.

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 04:30 PM
He's won four more NBA finals games than Lebron has.

he had Shaq and a much better Heat team + much better coaching + he was going vs. the choking mavs + he shot like 32934932 free throws.

BigShotBob
06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
--- Key dramatic music

--- Key cool flashback scenes from previous NBA Finals

"MAGIC!"

"BIRD!"

"JORDAN!"

"AND NOW..... LEBRON!"

"oh... and that other guy going for his 4th championship whom some consider the best power forward of all-time. He's also in this series."

"ABC PRESENTS.... THE NBA FINALS!"

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:39 PM
he had Shaq and a much better Heat team + much better coaching + he was going vs. the choking mavs + he shot like 32934932 free throws.
Plus he was Finals MVP and Lebron hadn't done jack shit. Oh BTW, he still hasn't!

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Plus he was Finals MVP and Lebron hadn't done jack shit. Oh BTW, he still hasn't!

oh BTW Bowen didn't guard Wade either.

smrattler
06-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Can someone paraphrase what was said or quote it?

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
oh BTW Bowen didn't guard Wade either.
So I'll be waiting for you to post video of Bowen guarding Magic, Bird and Jordan then... :lol

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 04:59 PM
So I'll be waiting for you to post video of Bowen guarding Magic, Bird and Jordan then... :lol

My point was that neither Wade no Lebron should be mentioned in the same sentence as Magic,Bird, Jordan.

But if you wanna go ahead and beleive Wade deserves to be in it. go right ahead :D

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
My point was that neither Wade no Lebron should be mentioned in the same sentence as Magic,Bird, Jordan.

But if you wanna go ahead and beleive Wade deserves to be in it. go right ahead :D
Neither of them should be, that's true, but Wade's got a fuckload more right to be in that conversation than Lebron does. That was the point of the person that you disagreed with. That you think he's a puss or that he didn't deserve his free throws is completely irrelevant.

DarrinS
06-08-2007, 05:13 PM
--- Key dramatic music

--- Key cool flashback scenes from previous NBA Finals

"MAGIC!"

"BIRD!"

"JORDAN!"

"AND NOW..... LEBRON!"

"oh... and that other guy going for his 4th championship whom some consider the best power forward of all-time. He's also in this series."

"ABC PRESENTS.... THE NBA FINALS!"

That's pretty much how it went. Oh well, fuck ABC.

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Neither of them should be, that's true, but Wade's got a fuckload more right to be in that conversation than Lebron does. That was the point of the person that you disagreed with. That you think he's a puss or that he didn't deserve his free throws is completely irrelevant.

I did not say that. read again

and I don't think Wade has a "fuckload" more right in the conversation. because of those reasons. Wade is in no way,shape or form better than Lebron.

I do think Wade is more mature but Wade had Shaq and Pat Riley, multiple champions to guide him. Who does Lebron have to guide him? Eric Snow? LOL

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I did not say that. read again

The above is what you said, and it's what I disagreed with.

and I don't think Wade has a "fuckload" more right in the conversation. because of those reasons. Wade is in no way,shape or form better than Lebron.
He's not better than Barkley or Malone or Dominique either, but he's got a finals MVP. As of the time they made that video Lebron had zero points in the NBA finals. He had slightly more right to be in the conversation than you or I do.

Wade had Shaq and Pat Riley, multiple champions to guide him. Who does Lebron have to guide him? Eric Snow? LOL
So the fuck what? Lebron has the weakest eastern conference in memory. He hasn't won a Finals MVP. Wade has.

SA210
06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Complete disrespect to Tim Duncan and very irresponsible as sports journalists.

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
He's not better than Barkley or Malone or Dominique either, but he's got a finals MVP. As of the time they made that video Lebron had zero points in the NBA finals. He had slightly more right to be in the conversation than you or I do.

Finals MVP?? Billups got Finals MVP so what? that doesn't mean shit.

So the fuck what? Lebron has the weakest eastern conference in memory. He hasn't won a Finals MVP. Wade has.

and last year's Eastern conference was much stronger? nope.

again we are talking about Bird,Magic,Jordan conversation.

and I think our disagreement is that you think Wade > Lebron. I think Lebron >>> Wade.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 06:05 PM
and I think our disagreement is that you think Wade > Lebron. I think Lebron >>> Wade.
I don't think that. Not at all. I'm closer to agreeing with you. But making a video for the NBA finals with great players that won championships and then throwing in a guy that hadn't logged a single minute is retarded. Wade was the best player in the NBA playoffs two years in a row and won a title and an MVP last year. Lebron may turn out to do more, but as of this moment, he hasn't. That's all. It's like when they put Shaq on the 50 greatest team. He hadn't earned it yet, and it was an insult to the guys that acutally did it to put him in that group when he didn't deserve it. I think Lebron is a great player, and he's probably going to be better than Wade. Even if he scored 100 points last night, he hadn't done jack shit in the Finals as of the time they showed that intro. That's all. Don't make more of it than that, because I probably agree with you about anything other than that small specific point.

infinite styles
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM

If thats the only way they know how to market a billion dollar industry than they have no business getting involved in it. There are way more things of interest other than the potential greatness of LBJ. How about the current greatness that is Tim Duncan/Pop/Spurs organization?

TampaDude
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
For the record, WADE > LEBRON

Creation88
06-15-2007, 04:12 AM
how'd that turn out for you lebron? ha ha.

GO SPURS GO!

GSH
06-15-2007, 07:30 AM
I guess the same reason you hang out on a Spurs board making sure nobody disrespects your team.

Witness!