PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk Forum Etiquette

SequSpur
06-07-2007, 11:57 PM
How in the hell can anyone keep up with reading shit if you start a new topic for every got damn thought?

In 10 minutes, the whole front page and second page is full of random thoughts based on the same got damn game.

Can't you keep your thoughts into a few places? Where is the Eva is not wearing a Go Spurs Go shirt topic? What the hell?

You come in here trying to read shit and some of the good shit is lost in the random bullshit...

Go Spurs.

Playoffs>>Reg.Season
06-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Thank you for contributing yet another thread and making the problem worse.

Spurminator
06-07-2007, 11:58 PM
(deliberately slow clap)

Lebowski Brickowski
06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
:lol

maxpower
06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
where have you been forum

DDS4
06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
How in the hell can anyone keep up with reading shit if you start a new topic for every got damn thought?

In 10 minutes, the whole front page and second page is full of random thoughts based on the same got damn game.

Can't you keep your thoughts into a few places? Where is the Eva is not wearing a Go Spurs Go shirt topic? What the hell?

You come in here trying to read shit and some of the good shit is lost in the random bullshit...

Go Spurs.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Carry on.....

exstatic
06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Blow me.

mVp
06-08-2007, 12:02 AM

LOL

T Park
06-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Watch the game, instead of bowling and you would be able to keep up.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm making a thread about good food to eat while reading post game threads :-D

Despot
06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
we have two days to sort it out

exstatic
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
==D ~~~

Solid D
I think we should consolidate all Etiquette threads.

mrsmaalox
How about just not reading it if it chaps you so bad?

MannyIsGod
06-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Sequ has a point. With the influx of more and more posters the pages are increasingly covered with piss poor threads where the OP has 2 or 3 lines of a topic that is probably being covered elsewhere.

The_Worlds_finest
06-08-2007, 12:11 AM
and give the got a break

Solid D
06-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Sequ has a point. With the influx of more and more posters the pages are increasingly covered with piss poor threads where the OP has 2 or 3 lines of a topic that is probably being covered elsewhere.

Yes, he does have a good point. I'm actually thrilled with it because if he chooses to lead by example in the future, we will see far fewer threads started by him with only a :blah or a :sequ in the first post.

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:13 AM

Exactly... some of you are a little to "New Thread" happy because the Spurs are in the Finals.

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Yes, he does have a good point. I'm actually thrilled with it because if he chooses to lead by example in the future, we will see far fewer threads started by him with only a :blah or a :sequ in the first post.

Thanks alot. I really appreciate your support in this matter. :wakeup

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Blow me.

Solid D
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
BTW, did y'all see Manu dribble between Boobie's legs tonight after Timmy poked the ball away from Varejao?

This could actually turn out to be the Quattro thread of the SpursTalk board.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2007, 12:18 AM
BTW, did y'all see Manu dribble between Boobie's legs tonight after Timmy poked the ball away from Varejao?

This could actually turn out to be the Quattro thread of the SpursTalk board.Manu had several moments tonight where his ball control was insane. He put the ball in weird place swhile dribbling and was in complete control. That play in particular was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Bill O'Reilly
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Just remember

Keep it pithy, and no bloviating

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
It's simple:

-Game Blog
-Duncan
-Manu vs. Parker
-Lebron
-Bowen is Dirty
-Walton Buys off me Rant
-Latest Kobe news
-AHFs Latest Ripleys Topic
-GTG Topic
-Beno's Handbag

How many other fucking topics do we need? Everything should fit right here....

WTF? :wtf

timvp
06-08-2007, 12:20 AM
This might have been Sequ best post of all-time. Nothing is more annoying than posters who start threads just for the sake of starting a thread.

Mr. Body
06-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Etiquette?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah put me down for stream of consciouness threads are lame.

Solid D
06-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I think Sequ's new-found decorum and propriety might just carry over to other things. :sequ

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8d/fullj.getty-74165829ab153_nba_finals_11_41_42_pm.jpg

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:41 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070608/capt.8c39ba1a628b480cb56d51295ecc0ecd.aptopix_nba_ finals_spurs_cavaliers_basketball_txmy122.jpg

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:42 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/75/fullj.getty-74165829ab142_nba_finals_11_07_28_pm.jpg

Post this in your locker bitch.

SequSpur
06-08-2007, 12:45 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/10/fullj.getty-74165829ab118_nba_finals_9_34_21_pm.jpg

SequSpur
06-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Tickets?

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2007, 05:08 PM
It has gotten out of hand. I hit the refresh button and the top threads on the front page change all the time. For every moronic thought, we have more than 2 threads, instead of not having a single one at all.

You can't even remember which threads are supposed to be good or which ones are the ones that you previously posted in and are waiting for responses because they get butt fucked to the back of the constantly changing pile or retarded threads.

spurscenter
06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
what do u want?

to get people to stop posting and move over to spursreport?

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 05:30 PM
what do u want?

to get people to stop posting and move over to spursreport?

We don't care if people move over to SpursReport.

But anyway ... the only time I have a probably with people starting too many threads is 1) if they are duplicates, 2) if they are spam or trash, or 3) if it's during/right after a game and the threads should go in the game blog - that's what sequ made this thread about.

Here's more info on using the Game Blog (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70476) properly.

As for the multitude of threads right now today - there's a lot of them, but they are mostly legit threads. If they aren't, they are being merged.

So don't fret.

ashbeeigh
06-09-2007, 05:32 PM
The fact that Seque started this thread, whether it had a point or not just makes me laugh. Thank you.

spurster
06-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I'd like to add one more guideline.

Please, PLEASE make a title that describes the topic of the thread. Two losers of this category currently are "just curious" and "Where?".

midgetonadonkey
06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
What's a SequSpur?

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd like to add one more guideline.

Please, PLEASE make a title that describes the topic of the thread. Two losers of this category currently are "just curious" and "Where?".

That's something that kills me. If you want someone to open the thread, please title it correctly.

And, for the love of all, please use capitalization and punctuation in your posts. :)

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 06:11 PM
That's something that kills me. If you want someone to open the thread, please title it correctly.

And, for the love of all, please use capitalization and punctuation in your posts. :)
not gonna happen. :lol
you know what, this thread is kinda lame. tthe complaint is that too many people are creating threads and someone has to go through the arduous work of using a scroll bar or button to reach another page. big whoop.

Solid D
06-09-2007, 06:20 PM
not gonna happen. :lol
you know what, this thread is kinda lame. tthe complaint is that too many people are creating threads and someone has to go through the arduous work of using a scroll bar or button to reach another page. big whoop.

People learn how to capitalize in grade school. It's important to establish this as a normal practice when expressing yourself in written form. If you are a kid texting people, sometimes exclusively lower-case word strings are fine. When you become an adult, proper punctuation, capitalization and spelling reflects well on you as an educated, mature person.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 06:27 PM
tthe complaint is that too many people are creating threads and someone has to go through the arduous work of using a scroll bar or button to reach another page. big whoop.

No the complaint of this thread originally was about using the Game Blog for its intended purpose - which is one of the rare guidelines on this forum. So use it.

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 06:43 PM
People learn how to capitalize in grade school. It's important to establish this as a normal practice when expressing yourself in written form. If you are a kid texting people, sometimes exclusively lower-case word strings are fine. When you become an adult, proper punctuation, capitalization and spelling reflects well on you as an educated, mature person.
we can go through this again i suppose. all the grammar stuff is fine in a context, one of much greater importance and formality than a message board. in the adult world, people don't go around saying lmao or lol, either, but you don't see anyone here complaining. it's also important not to write in the passive voice, which you accomplish in your first and second sentences. not giving someone grief over a message board post, particularly in such a snoody tone, also shows maturity, et. al.

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 06:50 PM
No the complaint of this thread originally was about using the Game Blog for its intended purpose - which is one of the rare guidelines on this forum. So use it.
actually, the thread creator comes up with like 10 topics outside of the game blog that he thinks everything should fit into. the problem is those threads can go 25-80 pages and you may miss someone else's posting the same thing as someone else. i know i missed the game blog purposes guidelines but to the idea that the thread originated with that idea isn't true. i'd thought you guys did a pretty good job of consolidating threads you thought were redundant and locking out or moving things that you thought didn't belong. this thread is overkill.

smrattler
06-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow, this thread took a slot on the front page, contributing to the very problem being complained about.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 06:57 PM
we can go through this again i suppose. all the grammar stuff is fine in a context, one of much greater importance and formality than a message board. in the adult world, people don't go around saying lmao or lol, either, but you don't see anyone here complaining. it's also important not to write in the passive voice, which you accomplish in your first and second sentences. not giving someone grief over a message board post, particularly in such a snoody tone, also shows maturity, et. al.

lol and lmao don't make the posts less readable. Lack of capitalization and punctuation do.

I'd appreciate it if you'd make an attempt to capitalize the first word of your sentences and proper nouns. I don't care about typo's, grammar and spelling. But attempt to make your posts easily readable.

SequSpur
06-09-2007, 06:59 PM
actually, the thread creator comes up with like 10 topics outside of the game blog that he thinks everything should fit into. the problem is those threads can go 25-80 pages and you may miss someone else's posting the same thing as someone else. i know i missed the game blog purposes guidelines but to the idea that the thread originated with that idea isn't true. i'd thought you guys did a pretty good job of consolidating threads you thought were redundant and locking out or moving things that you thought didn't belong. this thread is overkill.
I declare bs.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 06:59 PM
i'd thought you guys did a pretty good job of consolidating threads you thought were redundant and locking out or moving things that you thought didn't belong. this thread is overkill.

When we are at games, we aren't online to lock or merge things. Thus the need for everyone to post in the game blog, instead of starting threads like, "did you see that?", "Duncan with block", etc.

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 07:07 PM
lol and lmao don't make the posts less readable. Lack of capitalization and punctuation do.

I'd appreciate it if you'd make an attempt to capitalize the first word of your sentences and proper nouns. I don't care about typo's, grammar and spelling. But attempt to make your posts easily readable.
that's just really strange. i just find it odd that you don't care about typos, grammar and spelling, all the things that would make a post difficult to understand, but when the letters are all of the same size it becomes such a huge distration. i mean, if you'd written
I'd apres8 it if you'd make an atempt to capitalise the furst wurd of ya senttennces and proper nouns. I don't care about ttyps, gramer and spellin. But attempt to make yo posts esely readable.
that would seem to be a much bigger problem than lower-case letters.

truth be told, i'm likely not going to. unless i'm at work, i don'tt capitalize my writing much, though i do take care of the grammar, spelling stuff.

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 07:08 PM
When we are at games, we aren't online to lock or merge things. Thus the need for everyone to post in the game blog, instead of starting threads like, "did you see that?", "Duncan with block", etc.
i give you that, but sequ's (sp?) post seemed more pointed in a general sense, as in just today or the day before the game or anytime. if there's a game blog, by all means have at putting the game-related stuff there, but he didn't seem to have such a narrow target.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 07:11 PM
i give you that, but sequ's (sp?) post seemed more pointed in a general sense, as in just today or the day before the game or anytime. if there's a game blog, by all means have at putting the game-related stuff there, but he didn't seem to have such a narrow target.

Umm... Sequ made this thread right after Game 1, specifically about all the threads that were started during and right after the game that should have gone in the game blog. That's basically what this thread is about. If you didn't get that, because you didn't see the thread until today, then whatever. But that's what this thread is about.

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I declare bs.
your first two posts was not about keeping things in the game blog. hell, no where in the first do you mention a game blog and in the second you list it as one of about 10 choices. no bs there.

Go Spurs.

and exhibit 2

It's simple:

-Game Blog
-Duncan
-Manu vs. Parker
-Lebron
-Bowen is Dirty
-Walton Buys off me Rant
-Latest Kobe news
-AHFs Latest Ripleys Topic
-GTG Topic
-Beno's Handbag

How many other fucking topics do we need? Everything should fit right here....

WTF?

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't get what you aren't understanding. This thread was about there being too many threads started during and after the game that should have gone in the game blog. That topic list by Sequ is a joke.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Umm... Sequ made this thread right after Game 1, specifically about all the threads that were started during and right after the game that should have gone in the game blog. That's basically what this thread is about. If you didn't get that, because you didn't see the thread until today, then whatever. But that's what this thread is about.

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 07:15 PM
ah. my bad, didn't know. the title just said spurstalk forum etiquette, so without having seen it from the start, there's no real way to know when a thread was started.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 07:17 PM
ah. my bad, didn't know. the title just said spurstalk forum etiquette, so without having seen it from the start, there's no real way to make the distinction.

Exactly. You don't even get the point of the thread, so you should have just read my post explaining it, instead of rambling in lower case letters for the last two pages :lol

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Exactly. You don't even get the point of the thread, so you should have just read my post explaining it, instead of rambling in lower case letters for the last two pages :lol
too busy typing the response in lower case to have seen it when you posted it. will learn to type faster. :p:

mrsmaalox
06-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow. It seems alot of people here have too much time on their hands. Hurry up game 2!!!!!

td4mvp3
06-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow. It seems alot of people here have too much time on their hands. Hurry up game 2!!!!!
amen.

ploto
06-10-2007, 12:35 AM
that's just really strange. i just find it odd that you don't care about typos, grammar and spelling, all the things that would make a post difficult to understand, but when the letters are all of the same size it becomes such a huge distration. i mean, if you'd written
that would seem to be a much bigger problem than lower-case letters.

Actually studies have shown that people can quickly and easily read things with misspelled words- with letters intentionally out of order within the word- because our brains know what the word is anyway. It is much more difficult to read without the proper breaks in the sentences perceived by the capitalization and punctuation.

ShoogarBear
06-10-2007, 12:51 AM
This might have been Sequ best post of all-time. Raise the bar.

MannyIsGod
I declare bs.Idk, my bff Jill.

MannyIsGod
Raise the bar.Its Sequ, do we really need to raise anything/

ShoogarBear
06-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Actually, I'm just impressed as hell Sequ spelled etiquette correctly.

spurschick
06-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Idk, my bff Jill.

KEDA
06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, I'm just impressed as hell Sequ spelled etiquette correctly.

Firefox DOES have a spellcheck

SequSpur
06-13-2007, 12:54 AM
some of you are still out of line...

SRJ
06-13-2007, 01:02 AM
some of you are still out of line...

"And you're out of toilet paper! But we're still short one girl."

So...who got that reference?

SequSpur
08-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I realized that I am the only poster in here that could come up with the word etiquette because you all are a bunch of dufensmirtzs....

hey...a few more things....

replying with a fucking youtube video is stupid....

also, searching for forum response pics such as fail or attention whore is fucking stupid as well....

also, quit quoting a whole article.....

and your signatures are way out of line...go use your left hand on your own forum...shit...

also, ducks is still a retard and tpark is now a ranger fan? WTF? Dude, I thought you like the Cards...oh well....

FO.

pawe
08-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Blow me.

SouthTexasRancher
08-01-2010, 11:34 PM

Go Spurs.

Damn, Sequ...I'm putting you down for POTUS in 2012. Finally, we can have someone in the White House who can make decisions without costing a $Trillion$ each time they lift a pen to sign some freaking 10,000 page Bill that no one including the lawyers have read. You are a damn good man, Sequ. :toast

Sequ For President in 2012

Solid D
08-02-2010, 06:47 AM
I realized that I am the only poster in here that could come up with the word etiquette because you all are a bunch of dufensmirtzs....

also, ducks is still a retard and tpark is now a ranger fan? WTF? Dude, I thought you like the Cards...oh well....

FO.

I'm glad you are reminding people to show proper etiquette, although I'm not sure if you had a friend that was, in some way, retarded...if you would continue to remind your friend that he/she is still retarded.

Dex
08-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Just for Sequ...

http://lolcat.com/pics/tldr.jpg

Galileo
08-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Go Spurs.

Open up an ethics investigation!

:lmao

SequSpur
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm glad you are reminding people to show proper etiquette, although I'm not sure if you had a friend that was, in some way, retarded...if you would continue to remind your friend that he/she is still retarded.

you're my retarded friend.

spurs1990
08-06-2010, 07:58 PM
and your signatures are way out of line...go use your left hand on your own forum...shit...

I agree x1000 on this point.

It's embarassing browsing this site on a public PC and having those porn pictures show up.

Doesn't measure up to this website's standards.

Dex
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
I agree x1000 on this point.

It's embarassing browsing this site on a public PC and having those porn pictures show up.

Doesn't measure up to this website's standards.

There's an option to hide signatures in the Control Panel.