PDA

View Full Version : Page 2 Bill Simmons - Blog for Game 1

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2007, 12:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070608

(Hey, while I was typing, we just had Varejao's first flop of the night! That was fun. I can't wait until he and Ginobili collide during this series -- it's going to be like when they crossed the streams in "Ghostbusters.")

:lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:30 AM
:lmao funny as hell!

Phil Hellmuth
06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
hahahahaha

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2007, 12:36 AM
More...

7:33: As the second half starts, LeBron looks like he was scolded by a Nike exec at halftime. This should be interesting.

:lol

8:21: Classic moment where Steve Javie disgustedly refuses to call a Varejao flop, leading to a Duncan putback hoop. I loved that. Spurs by 14, five to go

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:36 AM
7:11: Ginobili sinks an end-of-the-half three. Our halftime score: Spurs 35, Cavs 30. Honestly, I don't know what to make of that half. The Spurs looked rusty, the Cavs looked mildly overmatched and LeBron looked frazzled. That's all I can tell you. Hey, here's the beginning of Michele Tafoya's halftime interview with Parker:

Michele: "You had an easy time getting into the paint until LeBron started to guard you. How much of a difference does he make defensively?"

Tony: "Well, he's a little bit bigger, uh more athletic obviously. So he's got a better chance to block my shot."

(Again, it's so great to have sideline reporters there. What would we do without them? If you're scoring at home, we just learned that LeBron is bigger and more athletic than Larry Hughes.)

dude fucking cracks me up!! :lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, ABC's premiering a reality show where Shaq tries to get six kids with weight problems to get in shape. And you know what? That's too easy. Any joke is too easy for that one. I'm abstaining. There's a 0.0 degree of difficulty.

T Park
06-08-2007, 12:48 AM

Good stuff.

Simmons has his moments.