PDA

View Full Version : Elf Louise

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Does anyone want to join me in delivering gifts for Elf Louise?

They start up on December 15th.

Useruser666
12-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I did that once. It was fun. Can be dangerous knocking loudly at people's doors at night in some of the less desireable neighborhoods. "We're here for you! Come on out!!! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!"

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 01:44 PM
I've done it several times, but I didn't do it last year.

Never felt I was in danger though. Something about walking around in a big Santa Suit that makes everyone love you.

Duff McCartney
12-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Something about walking around in a big Santa Suit that makes everyone love you.

Unless you're in Philadelphia.

Useruser666
12-02-2004, 02:40 PM

Never felt I was in danger though. Something about walking around in a big Santa Suit that makes everyone love you.

Maybe it is different now but I was an elf. We had a crew of me the elf, a Santa, and a driver. The elf(me) went up to the door to see if the kids were there. I didn't have a costume, so I just look like a tall white guy in a black leather jacket going up to peoples front doors.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 02:46 PM
ah, I'd usually go up to the doors when we knocked. We did as much walking as possible because they always gave us extra stuff to give out to kids we encountered, so We'd drive to the streets then walk down them. Fun stuff.

Bandit2981
12-02-2004, 03:05 PM
i'd be interested in doing it

ZStomp
12-02-2004, 03:19 PM

You're actually Santa??

I've got a truck...need one? :)

samikeyp
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
I have been Santa on Elf Louise toy deliveries. Luckily it was about 25 degrees outside and that suit was nice and warm! There is no greater joy than to see a child's face when you hand them a gift. I used to look forward to Christmas for the gifts until I volunteered for Elf Louise. When a young single mother of three, and one on the way, tells you that without you there would be no Christmas....your life changes. Now if I never get another Christmas gift....its ok. I understand the true meaning of the holiday.

Kori Ellis
12-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Elf Louise Radiothon

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=EEB2CD9F-7E0C-42E9-AA2A-0849977B293F

The Elf Louise Christmas Project is dedicated to providing a little bit of joy to Bexar County's less fortunate children. Get into the spirit of Christmas! Join Elf Louise in spreading joy throughout San Antonio!

The project began in 1969 when its founder, Louise Locker, was a student at Trinity University in San Antonio. She found that for many San Antonio families, Christmas just did not exist. Louise began to look for a way to provide a few Christmas presents to some of these children. That first year, with the help of a friend, she collected gifts for children in 13 families.

The Elf Louise Christmas Project is non-profit organization staffed by all volunteers and funded by donation. 98 cents of each dollar donated goes directly to the purchase of toys. Approximately 2% is used for telephone, postage, and insurance expenses.

Elf Louise relies on the help of donations from grass roots San Antonians, and corporations who want to share their blessings at Christmas. People also donate toys, but since we need over 60,000 gifts, we have to purchase many of them.

Here’s how you can help…

Call in your pledge to the Elf Louise Pledge Lines at (210) 979-7700. All pledges of $10 or more receive a certificate for a Chili’s Big Mouth Burger. The pledge lines open between 6 am and 5:30 pm on Friday, and 6 am to 6 pm on Saturday.

Come by the Saks 5th Avenue wing of North Star Mall (next to Santa Claus) and make your donation in person and meet some of your favorite radio personalities and Elf Louise herself!

While you are at North Star Mall, bid on the scores of wonderful items in our Elf Louise Silent Auction. The auction includes great sports collectible items, autographed memorabilia by some of today’s superstars in music; Southwest Airlines tickets; special Spurs tickets; jewelry; gifts and much more.

Useruser666
12-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Well on some of the stops I went to I saw some strange things. The shabby run down house with like the biggest, newest TV I have ever seen in my life. The woman/mother who after I went to the door asked if I could come back tomorrow and give her kids the presents then. She told us they had just fallen asleep and she was going out clubbin. The kids were 1 and 4. Then my favorite place was the delivery to the crack house. How do I know it was crack house? Well when I went to the front door(which was welded shut) the guy standing outside offered to sell me a few rocks. Since the whole front of house was barred up the kids had to walk out the back door and come to the side of the house to get the presents that didn't fit through the bars. I felt happy do my little part yet sad for many of the kids.

Oh and the Santa I worked with was a Hells Angel and he was more than happy to ease any fears of getting jumped by showing us the large knife he carried strapped to his ankle. Oh happy holidays!

timvp
12-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Ya'll know were we live. Hook us up with some presents.

:smokin

Blood Dong
12-03-2004, 11:05 AM
nevermind

MannyIsGod
12-03-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm going to call today and get the info, I'll post it here when I have it.

Those of you who want to do it can email me to let me know what days you can do it.

[email protected]

Hook Dem
12-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Unless you're in Philadelphia.
You are correct Duff. Only place I have seen Santa Claus booed. That place is a shit hole.

Hook Dem
12-03-2004, 11:35 AM
ah, I'd usually go up to the doors when we knocked. We did as much walking as possible because they always gave us extra stuff to give out to kids we encountered, so We'd drive to the streets then walk down them. Fun stuff.
If no one else thinks so Manny, I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-03-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm going to call today and get the info, I'll post it here when I have it.

Those of you who want to do it can email me to let me know what days you can do it.

[email protected]

If ya need a vehicle or some help, count me in. We can all pile in the back of my truck, or if need be, I can borrow my step-dad's bigger truck.

ZStomp
12-03-2004, 11:44 AM
If no one else thinks so Manny, I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing.

We talking on AIM...he knows I'm in. And I think it's a cool thing. I hope it works out.

Duff McCartney
12-03-2004, 12:38 PM
You are correct Duff. Only place I have seen Santa Claus booed. That place is a shit hole.

I agree, that's why I never want any team from Philly to ever win a championship anymore. Their shitbag fans don't deserve it.

Useruser666
12-03-2004, 12:40 PM
I agree, that's why I never want any team from Philly to ever win a championship anymore. Their shitbag fans don't deserve it.

They're were a few of their fans at the game above and behind us. They acted like asses from what I could hear them saying.

ZStomp
12-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Manny???

I guess not????

MannyIsGod
12-18-2004, 05:01 PM
It's on, I just haven't gotten clarification if we canjust show up or we need to give notification beforehand.

I need to know who is in and who is out. And what times you are avaible. Either email me or just post it in here.