PDA

View Full Version : Tables being turn: "Dethroned" from SI

SpursFanFirst
06-08-2007, 08:21 AM
This article was a couple of pages long, so I'll leave a link instead of clipping and pasting...but, here's how it starts...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/06/08/finals.game1/index.html?cnn=yes

SAN ANTONIO -- Being LeBron James isn't as easy as the Pistons made it look.

So jaded am I by years of endless dial-turning and channel surfing that I can hear the future broadcasts playing in my head. The next 48 hours is vitriolic. "LeBron James, what a disappointment.'' "The whole country was looking forward to these NBA Finals and we were all let down by LeBron.'' "LeBron is no Michael Jordan, let me tell you.'' "The Cavaliers would have been better off without LeBron.'' "Paris Hilton is having a better week than LeBron.'' "We have seen the new Sanjaya and his name is LeBron.''

Already I am sick of hearing these things that haven't even been said yet.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 08:24 AM
http://torontosun.com/Entertainment/Television/2007/03/27/torent.jpg

Witness.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Look, the Spurs are bigger favorites than ever to win this thing. But Cleveland's defense and the performances of Daniel Gibson (16 points), Drew Gooden (14), Sasha Pavlovic (13) and Anderson Varejao (10) kept it respectable, and when James hit successive 3s in the fourth, the Cavaliers were suddenly making a run. Had James converted another three they would have been within 5 points with 1:12 remaining.

Has he even taken a look at those shots?? Those were not GOOD shots! If you're going to rely on crazy fade away 3s to win... well, you're probably not going to win. How can he say "Had James converted another three they would have been" with a straight face? :lol

dmac
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Has he even taken a look at those shots?? Those were not GOOD shots! If you're going to rely on crazy fade away 3s to win... well, you're probably not going to win. How can he say "Had James converted another three they would have been" with a straight face? :lol
'ifs' and 'buts' are all they have right now.

twentyone
06-08-2007, 10:41 AM
He doesn't realize that wasn't the Spurs best ball. That was a rusty start off, they were missing far too many uncontested shots. You can't blame the misses on effective defense at this point.

I see the Spurs start to make quite a few more shots and extending the score closer to the 100's not the 80's. That's when it's going to start getting sick in Cleveland.

michaelwcho
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Personally,I think the Cavs role players were better than expected. They hit quite a few shots that I'm not sure they will normally hit. On other hand, I think we missed a few that we normally would. I'm not sure Cleveland should be too optimistic that things will be better next game.

Budkin
06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
That article completely ignores the fact that we were rusty as hell. Sure James will play better, but so will we.

SA210
06-08-2007, 11:02 AM
He doesn't realize that wasn't the Spurs best ball. That was a rusty start off, they were missing far too many uncontested shots. You can't blame the misses on effective defense at this point.

I see the Spurs start to make quite a few more shots and extending the score closer to the 100's not the 80's. That's when it's going to start getting sick in Cleveland.
I agree. Findawg missed alot of threes, Tony missed jumpers, alot of them wide open. If we were on all cylinders, it would have been a real massacre.

oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Let's get it done three more times, and the sooner the better.