PDA

View Full Version : Aleksandar Pavlovic

naico
06-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know what his situation is in Cleveland? What are the terms of his contract?

Maybe this is a bit early to be talking about but i really like this kid. He has a nice midrange jumper, can play defense, gets his rebounds and is surprisingly athletic..

If he could further develop his skills, which he obviously has, he could turn into a very good player and certainly one that can fill the spurs needs..

Any thoughts?

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Cavs wonīt let him go that easy.You can bet on that.

Darkwaters
06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
He'll be a restricted free agent in about...3-6 more games.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

Bruno
06-08-2007, 08:51 AM
He sucks.

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
He sucks.

Oh no bruno,please tell me youīre just kidding.
This kid can play.

100%duncan
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM
i agree with him. he totally sucks!

Bruno
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh no bruno,please tell me youīre just kidding.
This kid can play.

He is freakin average. He isn't a good scorer, defender or rebounder. He BBIQ is quite low too. I see him as a good shooter, nothing else.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I love that midair chop block he had on Parker.

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
He is freakin average. He isn't a good scorer, defender or rebounder. He BBIQ is quite low too. I see him as a good shooter, nothing else.

As today may be He is average like you said.But I donīt agree about his BBIQ,and He looked very athletic on that reverse dunk yesterday.

Sweetey
06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I think he is very S E X Y !!

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
...I see him as a good shooter, nothing else.

i haven't even seen him do that very well, yet.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Trade Beno for him. Mike needs a point guard.

monosylab1k
06-08-2007, 09:42 AM
he's a great shooter, but does anyone else think he has the slowest shot you've ever seen? He can be WIDE OPEN and still get his shot blocked because it takes him so long to set himself and shoot the ball that a defender can close out from halway across the court.

MrChug
06-08-2007, 10:03 AM
No, he fucking sucks. He's a Euro-puss who can't play defense.

Here's a wakeup call:

He's a poor man's Bostjan Nachbar :dizzy

The guy can shoot, but good lord. A few jumpers and now he's the answer to our "needs"? Keep the guy off our team please. Thanks.

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 10:07 AM
No, he fucking sucks. He's a Euro-puss who can't play defense.

Here's a wakeup call:

He's a poor man's Bostjan Nachbar :dizzy

The guy can shoot, but good lord. A few jumpers and now he's the answer to our "needs"? Keep the guy off our team please. Thanks.

We arent discussing wether He is a or not a good feet for the Spurs.But I really think thats thereīs a big diference between average young player trying to adjust his game to the NBA and being a bust.

naico
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM
i hope that people have at least seen enough of him to make a good argument about his skiils

diego
06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
from what ive seen, average and not a need. also, agree on the low bball iq. that last attempt for duncans 5th block.. what on earth are you thinking?

michaelwcho
06-08-2007, 10:54 AM
From what I saw in the Pistons series, he is just athletic enough to think he can drive and get blocked or charge into someone.

O-Factor
06-08-2007, 11:01 AM
The Cavs think that he is the poor mans Ginobili......Personally I prefer the rich mans Ginobili...

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
The Cavs think that he is the poor mans Ginobili......Personally I prefer the rich mans Ginobili...

Manu had to adjust his game in his first 2 yrs as well.lets be fair for crist sake.

O-Factor
06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Manu had to adjust his game in his first 2 yrs as well.lets be fair for crist sake.

Lets not

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Lets not

W.E.

peskypesky
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Suckovic.

O-Factor
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
We arent discussing wether He is a or not a good feet for the Spurs.But I really think thats thereīs a big diference between average young player trying to adjust his game to the NBA and being a bust.

And he will remain average. Sorry dude, not a good fit for us.

naico
06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
well lets hope he doesnt blow up in the future and regret the fact that we had our chances lol

JoeTait75
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Sasha is a young player who didn't start until March and wasn't even in the rotation when we played you guys in the regular season. This is also his first major-minutes stint in the postseason- he barely played in the playoffs last year. For a lot of young players, it isn't easy to just step out on the court and perform at this level against this caliber of competition. For him to struggle isn't unexpected and it shouldn't reflect too much on his potential or his talent.

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 07:22 PM
And he will remain average. Sorry dude, not a good fit for us.

Donīt be sorry you moron.Iīm not trying to say He is a good feet for US.Iīm just not another Homer thinking that any Cavs player is the enemy.Just being Objetive,thatīs all.

itzsoweezee
06-08-2007, 07:26 PM
he's good.
he's way more athletic than he looks.

Bear Grylls
06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Actually, he is garbage.

MrChug
06-08-2007, 07:38 PM
well lets hope he doesnt blow up in the future and regret the fact that we had our chances lol

Well that's happened before buddy but you still see us wallowing in our pity...oh wait that's CHAMPGNE!!!

Magic_Johnson
06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
he's a good shooter but when he drive to the basket he has ugly moves

ploto
06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I applaud the fact that he is working to develop a game that is not only jump shooting. He has a ways to go in the development of his moves toward the basket (he is only 23 years old), but there is progress. Then again, I am sure that I am blinded by his being Serbian. :dizzy

NBA Junkie
06-08-2007, 07:55 PM
He's Brent Barry without the passing skills.

His 3 point shooting touch would be a good fit in the Spurs ball movement offense.

T Park
06-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I like him.

Hes agressive.

He plays hardnosed defense.

I Would give him the full MLE if he was available this offseason.

timvp
06-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I Would give him the full MLE if he was available this offseason.

:wow

T Park
06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Hes not afraid of contact, hes young, hes got a good attitude.

Pavlovic >>>> anything else REALISTICLY available

gtownspur
06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I think he is very S E X Y !!

Gtown forum.

davidpuddy1
06-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Exactly right Joe.

He's finally gotten more playing time and he makes some good plays and his defense has drastically improved just since the beginning of the playoffs.

However he is still very inconsistent and while he can thrash into the lane, he is not always smart about it and he will get called for the charge.

I'll admit that there have been many games when I'm yelling at the TV about how much Pavs sucks.

ArgSpursFan
06-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Donīt be sorry you moron.Iīm not trying to say He is a good feet for US.Iīm just not another Homer thinking that any Cavs player is the enemy.Iīm Just being Objetive,thatīs all.

BUMP.

Thunder Dan
06-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Some games he will come out and look like a All-Star, and other times he will look like he should have been a insurance salesman. It all depends on how he takes it to the hole on a given night. His jumper is there on about 75% of nights, but some nights he will take it to the hole as if he is intimidated by every defender on the floor. My guess is the Cavs won't let him go, becuase Brown and Lebron are in love with him. He has suprised all the coaches on how well he has improved on defense becuase up until January his philosophy was "My offense is my defense." He has only played 1/2 the season. He sat on the bench for the whole first half of the season for the most part, and when Hughes went down he filled in and played well.

Bruno
06-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Pavlovic >>>> anything else REALISTICLY available

Pietrus > Pavlovic and Pietrus is more availble than Pavlovic.

exstatic
06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Pietrus > Pavlovic and Pietrus is more availble than Pavlovic.
I have to agree with that.

There was one sequence when Pav had the ball outside the arc, and Cleveland actually swung it around the horn. He caught the ball, had Manu running at him, put the ball on the floor and got to the elbow area. He had the perfect momentum to step into an easy 15 footer, and he froze. His fucking knees locked, and he passed the ball. No thanks.

ArgSpursFan
06-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I have to agree with that.

There was one sequence when Pav had the ball outside the arc, and Cleveland actually swung it around the horn. He caught the ball, had Manu running at him, put the ball on the floor and got to the elbow area. He had the perfect momentum to step into an easy 15 footer, and he froze. His fucking knees locked, and he passed the ball. No thanks.

Thatīs the problem when you have a ONE MAN TEAM,where Lebron is the 1st,2nd and 3rd Of.Option.
Everybody is looking for him to get an open look first, reather tham taking their own shots.