PDA

View Full Version : Lowest rated NBA Finals of all time!

Pages : [1] 2

tlongII
06-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I heard it in on the radio this morning. You guys are killing the league!

steppy
06-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Denial is the first stage.

ArgSpursFan
06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
just come out of the closet Tlong.and Tell as who much you love the spurs.Come on say it............

I LOVE THE SPURS
I LOVE THE SPURS
I LOVE THE SPURS

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

stéphane
06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Nothing surprising...
Most people in your country want LBJ to shine but even when you're a big fan of him you know that he ain't gonna get the win in SA...
No suspens no good ratings.

MoSpur
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Bitter, table for one!

samikeyp
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Don't worry T....ewe are still loved. :)

lebomb
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
You guys are killing the league!

No kidding.......Denver, Suns, Utah.....Cleveland....who is left?

:depressed

Twisted_Dawg
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Horrible East Coast start time.....horrible broadcasters....horrible panel analysts....
Blame ABC.

But for all the idiots that wail about "low ratings".....who cares? I do not work for ABC, ESPN or own stock in the companies. I could give a shit about ABC. The ratings have zero effect on my life while I enjoy watching my team win its 4th Title.

Spurminator
06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
LOL

You mean King James didn't capture the interest of Casual NBA Fan?

Darn.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Actually, it's not the Spurs fault no one wants to watch LeBron.

Shame, really. It actually was a lot closer game than I thought!

sa_butta
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I heard it in on the radio this morning. You guys are killing the league!And the Jailblazers have done nothing but great things for the this league as well.:spin

41times
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Unless LeBron steps up his game and starts scoring 30 a game it will be very low rated.

When 2 teams combine for 160 pionts people (general populous and casual fans) won't watch it.

Why do you think the League wanted Phx to make it so bad.

But when LeBron steps up his game the media blitz will draw the casual fan in to watch him play.

It also hurts that it is 2 semi small markets.

So it is what it is. But who cares if its your team in the Finals.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Unless LeBron steps up his game and starts scoring 30 a game it will be very low rated.

When 2 teams combine for 160 pionts people (general populous and casual fans) won't watch it.

Why do you think the League wanted Phx to make it so bad.

But when LeBron steps up his game the media blitz will draw the casual fan in to watch him play.

It also hurts that it is 2 semi small markets.

So it is what it is. But who cares if its your team in the Finals.

Spoken like someone who knows what it's like to be there. Well done.

tlongII
06-08-2007, 09:14 AM
The league blew it when they suspended Amare and Diaw. They only have themselves to blame.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:18 AM
The league blew it when they suspended Amare and Diaw. They only have themselves to blame.
Yep. And when they didn't suspend Duncan and Bowen. That whole "integrity of the game" thing is lame. :rolleyes

lebomb
06-08-2007, 09:18 AM

STFU.....Im so tired of this BS....they broke a rule dumbass. If Tim and Tony would have run to the scorers table they would have been suspended also. They were NOT STUPID like Amare and Diaw. Also, if the Suns were soooooooo damned good, why didnt they win game 6 and force a game 7? They had all their players for that game.

Your argument sucks.

monosylab1k
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
people are going to blame the Spurs for this, but this is 100% on the Cavs. The entire Cleveland gameplan is to muddy up and slow the game to a crawl as much as possible. Let's not forget that they're responsible for the worst quarter of basketball in NBA playoff history (4th quarter of game 5 against the Nets).

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM

oh yeah, it's such a huge concern to the league that they reviewed the rule and decided to leave it as it is.

go start planning your lottery draft party for next year.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM
people are going to blame the Spurs for this, but this is 100% on the Cavs. The entire Cleveland gameplan is to muddy up and slow the game to a crawl as much as possible. Let's not forget that they're responsible for the worst quarter of basketball in NBA playoff history (4th quarter of game 5 against the Nets).
Yeah, except the Spurs didn't score much because they missed a shitload of jumpers. It's not like Cleveland's defense had anything to do with it other than limiting the number of possessions. When a team is so rusty and out of rhythm yet still gets that many points inside it isn't a good indicator. I'd bet the Spurs score over a hundred the next three games.

IceColdBrewski
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Um, who cares? It's not like the NBA keeps the O'Brien Trophy if the ratings are too low.

E20
06-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Everyone knows the Spurs are going to win so outside of Spur fans and Cav fans who else would watch a massacre take place? Unless if you are a hardcore Pistons fan or Jazz fan.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:33 AM
You guys are killing the league!
Actually you guys are killing the league. Did you watch the game? Are you actually an NBA or basketball fan? You don't post here and then NOT watch the games, right? Are you really that pathetic?

monosylab1k
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, except the Spurs didn't score much because they missed a shitload of jumpers. It's not like Cleveland's defense had anything to do with it other than limiting the number of possessions. When a team is so rusty and out of rhythm yet still gets that many points inside it isn't a good indicator. I'd bet the Spurs score over a hundred the next three games.

Yeah missing all those shots was a big part of it....Parker could have had about 40 if he hit some of his wide open jumpers. And if someone besides the big three catches fire, it will get even more ugly for the Cavs.

it's going to be very easy to say that the boring Spurs are responsible for poor ratings, but in reality they're by far the more exciting and fast-paced team in this series. Cleveland loves making the game as slow and boring as possible, although I have yet to see them win a game playing this way....they tend to play alot better when they have Gibson pushing the ball a little bit. either way, I guess it doesn't really matter. True fans of the sport are going to watch no matter what.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah missing all those shots was a big part of it....Parker could have had about 40 if he hit some of his wide open jumpers. And if someone besides the big three catches fire, it will get even more ugly for the Cavs.

it's going to be very easy to say that the boring Spurs are responsible for poor ratings, but in reality they're by far the more exciting and fast-paced team in this series. Cleveland loves making the game as slow and boring as possible, although I have yet to see them win a game playing this way....they tend to play alot better when they have Gibson pushing the ball a little bit. either way, I guess it doesn't really matter. True fans of the sport are going to watch no matter what.
What's funny is that the west has been the more exciting conference for years, yet they get the blame for low ratings, but the accusation during the 90s was that they didn't play defense when the Knicks and the Bulls were playing 85-80 games.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I really hate to see the 2006-2007 season come down to this :dramaquee :lol

COME ON BRON BRON!!! SAVE THE LEAGUE!!! :lmao

VinnyTestesVerde
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
STFU.....Im so tired of this BS....they broke a rule dumbass. If Tim and Tony would have run to the scorers table they would have been suspended also. They were NOT STUPID like Amare and Diaw. Also, if the Suns were soooooooo damned good, why didnt they win game 6 and force a game 7? They had all their players for that game.

Your argument sucks.

:lol :clap

MrChug
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Horrible East Coast start time.....horrible broadcasters....horrible panel analysts....
Blame ABC.

But for all the idiots that wail about "low ratings".....who cares? I do not work for ABC, ESPN or own stock in the companies. I could give a shit about ABC. The ratings have zero effect on my life while I enjoy watching my team win its 4th Title.

Well said. :toast

CavsSuperFan
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
John Wooden could not have designed or coached a better game to shut down LeBron & drain the Cavaliers momentum...The performances of Daniel Gibson, Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic and Anderson Varejao kept the game respectable...

fyatuk
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM

What, LeBron F'in James didn't bring in the viewers?

Guess that means the leagues marketting strategy blows.

Wait, we already knew that...

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:51 AM
If ABC wanted better ratings they could have done things differently.

Manu has a masterful fourth quarter to take over a game against the Jazz and the ESPN question the next day is "Is Manu ruining the NBA?" Guys like Mike & Mike or Tony Kornheiser, who clearly have to go to bed before the game is even on come in in the morning and repeat what they read in the papers, usually from people that don't like the Spurs bad mouthing what they do. Why would anyone that isn't watching the games tune in for that?

The whole idea with sports is to try to get non sports fans to tune in. If someone that doesn't know basketball is told that a team plays ugly basketball they won't watch. If ESPN puts Kobe Bryant's emotional breakdown and Alex Rodriguez' stripper girlfriend as the headlines and buries the NBA news, why would they expect there to be any excitement generated?

ESPN has done a great job of severely damaging the NHL because they are on another network. It seems like they'd have been smart enough not to do the same thing to a sport that they themselves are showing.

twentyone
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
On an upside we did have a better rating than the final game of the NHL Championship. :dizzy

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM

Psst: Nobody was watching the Cavs Pistons series. After his 48 point game everyone acted like they'd been watching it all along and that it was great basketball. They weren't and it wasn't.

ATRAIN
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Psst: Nobody was watching the Cavs Pistons series. After his 48 point game everyone acted like they'd been watching it all along and that it was great basketball. They weren't and it wasn't.

Yeah I even heard one of the ESPN guys say that they have seen better high school and college games than some of those in that series. I wonder if Cavs fans were even watching or did they give up before it even started.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, we watched it and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.

I'm really supposed to GAF about this? :lol

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah I even heard one of the ESPN guys say that they have seen better high school and college games than some of those in that series. I wonder if Cavs fans were even watching or did they give up before it even started.
Amazing. Considering that ESPN is carrying the games, that's a really stupid observation for one of their people to make. ESPN has a track record that they whore themselves out at the drop of a hat and are slaves to the almighty dollar. Because of that, there's no excuse for their complete inability to generate any excitement for the NBA finals. Look how few NBA related shows they have on Classic. Hell, they had a week of leadup before the finals and it still looked like they threw everything together at the last minute. It's like they just pray that the Lakers make the finals every year so that they don't have to do any work on their own.

Extra Stout
06-08-2007, 10:00 AM
However low the ratings were to begin with, you know America collectively slammed down the remote in frustration at the end of the third and went to bed.

The rest of the United States can bite me.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
ABC/ESPN sucks! The only thing they are good for is Monday Night Football, baseball, and tennis. Oh and recapping.

When NBC was in charge of the Finals broadcast they didn't seem to have trouble getting ratings. Maybe it was cause they put the game on at a good time. Or maybe it was because they didn't do stupid things like the "sound effects choir," and other stupid campaigns to "garnish our interests." ABC/ESPN's director of Basketball broadcasts needs to be fired, someone young needs to be put in, and they need to think before they fill the airwaves with crap. Then they will get good ratings.

Banking all of ratings on one person is retarded. For Christ sakes if I didn't know better I would of thought LeBron was dead, they were playing tributes to him left and right and he hasn't done anything yet. Kobe has more credibility then LeBron cause he's got RINGS!

Right now I'm thinking the NBA should move to NBC, or Fox at least that way it wouldn't suck as hard as it does on ABC. FOX can back it up with FoxSports.

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 10:06 AM

It has been that way since MJ left the Bulls really. If they would promote teams as a whole more and not just individuals (LeBron, Kobe, etc) maybe they would do better. They did that more in the '80's with the Celtics, Lakers, 76ers and such.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 10:08 AM
If the Disney networks could actually promote sports properly, Monday Night Football wouldn't have moved to ESPN.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Would it really be terrible if the NBA Finals went to TNT?

Seriously. I know it would suck for those who can't afford cable, but that's the only real issue to me.

Bottom line: If low ratings causes ABC to lose the NBA, is that really a bad thing?

ATRAIN
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Amazing. Considering that ESPN is carrying the games, that's a really stupid observation for one of their people to make. ESPN has a track record that they whore themselves out at the drop of a hat and are slaves to the almighty dollar. Because of that, there's no excuse for their complete inability to generate any excitement for the NBA finals. Look how few NBA related shows they have on Classic. Hell, they had a week of leadup before the finals and it still looked like they threw everything together at the last minute. It's like they just pray that the Lakers make the finals every year so that they don't have to do any work on their own.

hahahah DAMN THE MAN!!!

NBA Junkie
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
It's still just one game.

However, since many believe it's a foregone conclusion that the Spurs will win this series easily, it just won't capture casual viewers attention unless Cleveland can even this series after 4 games.

Stranger things have happened, but I'm not expecting choke like proportions like the one we saw in last years finals.

lebomb
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM

Seriously. I know it would suck for those who can't afford cable, but that's the only real issue to me.

Bottom line: If low ratings causes ABC to lose the NBA, is that really a bad thing?

If the finals were on TNT.......the championship would be friggen MORE awesome. I can hear Barks and Kenny now.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
It has been that way since MJ left the Bulls really. If they would promote teams as a whole more and not just individuals (LeBron, Kobe, etc) maybe they would do better. They did that more in the '80's with the Celtics, Lakers, 76ers and such.

What? The 80's were all about the Magic/Bird rivalry. Do you think the Laker/Celtics would have gotten as high ratings if not for those two?

NBA has just been lucky to have 2 decades of great stars drawing in the casual fan.

Too bad for the NBA that Duncan is not a self-promoting egotistical maniac.

Good for the Spurs he isn't.

The one silver lining for the NBA - Tony Parker is ready to explode. He's young, has Eva Longoria, and scores points. If I were the NBA, I'd be talking to Tony about some promotional vids.

The bad side: He's French. Americans for some reason hate the French, even though they helped found our country and gave us the Statue of Liberty.

Go figure.

Tobias
06-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Horrible East Coast start time
What kind of argument is this?? All the games will be in the central timezone which is just a 1-hour difference from east coast! Does every game need to take place in the east coast just to appease some about start times? Apparently east coast people just can't stay up a bit.

fyatuk
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
The one silver lining for the NBA - Tony Parker is ready to explode. He's young, has Eva Longoria, and scores points. If I were the NBA, I'd be talking to Tony about some promotional vids.

The bad side: He's French. Americans for some reason hate the French, even though they helped found our country and gave us the Statue of Liberty.

Go figure.

You can tell he doesn't like the lack of media attention he gets, so he certainly has the potential to turn into that kind of persona.

And it's mutual, the French hate Americans just as much, if not more, than Americans hate the French :spin

cornbread
06-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I blame Lebron. The guy had zero dunks in the game. Boring!

fyatuk
06-08-2007, 10:23 AM
What kind of argument is this?? All the games will be in the central timezone which is just a 1-hour difference from east coast! Does every game need to take place in the east coast just to appease some about start times? Apparently east coast people just can't stay up a bit.

East Coast has basically 2/3rds the US population. You have to appease them for ratings. The West Coast has a large portion as well, which makes it hard to apease both sides.

But 9 is not a bad start time for the east coast, and you can't move the games forward more than 30 minutes or so without having a hard time with the west coast.

Capt Bringdown
06-08-2007, 10:23 AM
The whole idea with sports is to try to get non sports fans to tune in. If someone that doesn't know basketball is told that a team plays ugly basketball they won't watch. If ESPN puts Kobe Bryant's emotional breakdown and Alex Rodriguez' stripper girlfriend as the headlines and buries the NBA news, why would they expect there to be any excitement generated?

Hey man...great, great post. It's beyond bizzare that the NBA is covered the way it is. Especially when compared to other sports.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
If the Disney networks could actually promote sports properly, Monday Night Football wouldn't have moved to ESPN.

Extactly!!! Monday Night Football should be on a broadcast network.

Not at all they would know how to do the Finals right. Everyone I know prefers TNT's crew to ESPNs

Spurminator
06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I did think it was funny that once LeBron got a basket on that layup (and for a while it was his only basket), that highlight was shown before just about every commercial break.

We had a good laugh "Ooh, ooh, here comes the LeBron basket!"

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I kinda miss the old CBS broadcasts.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I kinda miss the old CBS broadcasts.

but not tape-delayed after your late local news i don't.

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
What? The 80's were all about the Magic/Bird rivalry. Do you think the Laker/Celtics would have gotten as high ratings if not for those two?
True...but when CBS showed the games I remember them give more emphasis on teams than they do now. I remember it was "lakers trying to repeat or Celtics trying to repeat or knock off the defending champs" or something like that. Or the 76ers with Erving or Malone, they seemed to emphasize the teams more than they do now.

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 10:37 AM
but not tape-delayed after your late local news i don't.
Yeah that part did suck though...although later in the '80's that didn't happen.

florige
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
LOL

Darn.

Yeah I'm really surprised by that too. But you probably can put some of that on the late start time. Either that, or outside of Lebron most people thinks that Cleveland doesn't have a chance.

O-Factor
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Who gives a damn about ratings and what other fans say about ratings. I'll be celebrating a 4th championship next week. GO SPURS!!!! :spin

O-Factor
06-08-2007, 10:53 AM
The Cavs have been the most boring opponent the Spurs have played in the playoffs! People hear the spurs are boring, so they think they are boring. Like Bill Simmons said, when he took notice of this Spurs team in February, he said they are one of the more fun teams to watch. Which is true. Its always spectacular when Parker and Manu attack the basket. The Spurs also have the uncanny ability to hit a 3pt shot at the right moment. And Duncan OWNS the paint. We are far more spectacular than Queen James aka, LeBrick.

Don Quixote
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Well ... if the Mavs/Suns/Lakers/insert-your-team-here didn't all suck so bad, then maybe it would be better!

peskypesky
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Fuck The Ratings!!!
The Spurs Do Not Give A Shit About Ratings.
They Do Not Compete For Ratings.
They Compete For Championship Trophies.
If You Can't Understand That, Then Fuck Right Off Down The Road.

SA210
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
link?

BWJACKETS
06-08-2007, 11:00 AM

Your argument sucks.

You suck...I would at least have also suspended Bruce Bowen, that ruling was a joke.

twincam
06-08-2007, 11:02 AM

After all this rating talk throughout the playoffs, especially the Finals....

My questions is this:

Who really CARES about the ratings? The league won't discontinue to show the games. Therefore, who freakin' cares. As fans, it won't hurt us at all.
The only thing that actually matters is winning the Trophy. If you want to talk about low rating, talk about the NHL, and the MLB.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyway, back to the topic of ratings...

I will say this. I bitched and complained about 2003 showing movie reviews rather than featuring human interest stories, on, oh say, David Robinson.

Looks like ABC got the memo. Very nice piece on Duncan during Halftime. Actually made my wife and I want to visit St. Croix.

vander
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
If the NBA just wants ratings, look at all the top rated shows, they feature judges and judging of some sort.
The NBA needs to hire that English guy from American idol to critique the players' performances and give the game his own score.
that right there would add 1,000,000 viewers at least :downspin:

TampaDude
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
The Spurs played at about 80% last night and still won easily...imagine what they would have done to the Cavs last night had they played at full throttle like they played in Game 5 of the WCF...it would have been a slaughter.

Extra Stout
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Overnight returns for Game 1 are 5.3/9.

It finished third behind FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" and a rerun of "CSI" on CBS.

:lmao

If LeBron can only pull a 5.3, the NBA and ABC have deeper problems than America's boredom with the Spurs.

SpurForLife
06-08-2007, 11:22 AM
You suck...I would at least have also suspended Bruce Bowen, that ruling was a joke.

Piss off. The damn Cav's are a joke!!!

Jimcs50
06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
All I can say is, it is a good thing that Detroit is not in the Finals with us, or there would have been, about 1000 viewers(the number of SA and Detroit fans in this forum.

:lol

Cleveland Steamer
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
You make Cavs fans look like jokes, shut up

Jimcs50
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I think even the Stanley Cup Finals beat us.

Extra Stout
06-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I think even the Stanley Cup Finals beat us.

The Stanley Cup Finals on NBC got worse ratings than reruns on the CW.

NBA Junkie
06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Frankly, I don't think an NBA Finals series between the Suns and Cavaliers would have done any better in terms of ratings.

The Suns may be a high scoring team, but do casual fans really give a fuck about Steve Nash? Great player, but not a household name as far as casual viewers go.

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM
LOL

Darn.
Maybe people just got plain tired of all the hype for the last week or so and became indifferent to it because of it.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 11:54 AM
The Spurs played at about 80% last night and still won easily...imagine what they would have done to the Cavs last night had they played at full throttle like they played in Game 5 of the WCF...it would have been a slaughter.

patience...

it's coming.

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Maybe people just got plain tired of all the hype for the last week or so and became indifferent to it because of it.
People are boycotting because they know the Spurs' participation is fraudulent.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 11:58 AM

you're about as original as a rock, cabron.

Spurs rock
06-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Like the Blazers would be able to draw ratings. :lol

mardigan
06-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Its like they have vaginas for mouths

spursfan09
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Thast what the league gets for not marketing the Spurs the way they should be. Spurs have the stars, but everyone just wants to discredit them by saying they are boring.

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I didn't watch, but the final was 85-76. How interesting could it have been? Of course America didn't watch. They want to see a team outscore LeBron with dazzling offense, like the Suns would have, not scratch and claw him to death while the officials stand by, blindfolded.

I saw the cheap shot Oberto put on LeBron on ESPNEWS. The league just lets the Spurs do whatever they want. :rolleyes

mardigan
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I didn't watch, but the final was 85-76. How interesting could it have been? Of course America didn't watch. They want to see a team outscore LeBron with dazzling offense, like the Suns would have, not scratch and claw him to death while the officials stand by, blindfolded.

I saw the cheap shot Oberto put on LeBron on ESPNEWS. The league just lets the Spurs do whatever they want. :rolleyes
God your a vag. Sorry your shiity team cant play any defense and cant stay on the bench. Your window had been closed sir, and the Suns will continue to suck balls as long as little pussys like you root for them

spursfan09
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
, not scratch and claw him to death while the officials stand by, blindfolded.

. :rolleyes

I thought you didn't see the game...How do you know who the Spurs played Lebron? Anyways reading your comments have made this Spurs victory even sweeter! Only Sun fans think the Spurs are dirty and its great!

Cleveland Steamer
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM

No cheap shots. Suns are just bunch soft vags that will never win anything. Leave the Finals talk to the true contenders. King will come back strong and he doesn't need your pansy ass making excuses for him.

NoMoneyDown
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM

A anaology to the current state of this country, if you ask me.

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
God your a vag. Sorry your shiity team cant play any defense and cant stay on the bench. Your window had been closed sir, and the Suns will continue to suck balls as long as little pussys like you root for them
______*______
__*___*___*__
_____***_____
__*___*___*__
______*______

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
No cheap shots. Suns are just bunch soft vags that will never win anything. Leave the Finals talk to the true contenders. King will come back strong and he doesn't need your pansy ass making excuses for him.
The Suns would have killed your one-man team.

mardigan
06-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Would of could of should of. You guys got more excuses than any fans Ive ever heard. And at least their one man team knows how to play defense

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Sportscenter had one NBA Finals highlight in their top ten. The only highlights that weren't baseball were a MLS goal and a Mexican minor league baseball game. Fuck 'em. They get what they deserve. It's best of both worlds for me. The Spurs win titles and ESPN loses money.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Its like they have vaginas for mouths

Um, my vagina is neither stupid, bitter, or cavernous. WTH?

Please choose a more appropriate metaphor. Thanks. :lol

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Would of could of should of. You guys got more excuses than any fans Ive ever heard. And at least their one man team knows how to play defense
When the Spurs go to Phoenix next season, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department will have them all arrested for possession of stolen property.

mardigan
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
My sincere apologies, I would never insult a Spur fans vagina

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM

A Texas woman? Not cavernous? It probably has an echo.

ClingingMars
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
we hate the french because of their governments politics, not the french themselves

also who gives a fuck about ratings go spurs go

-Mars

BlackFlagg
06-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I did think it was funny that once LeBron got a basket on that layup (and for a while it was his only basket), that highlight was shown before just about every commercial break.

We had a good laugh "Ooh, ooh, here comes the LeBron basket!"

:lol :lol :lol I noticed that, too! Kinda sad, wasn't it?

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Why must you torment me? :drool: :tongue :hungry:

Mt.Spur
06-08-2007, 12:45 PM
who cares about ratings?
do networks give out some kind of trophy for high ratings?
fact is the nation knows the spurs are goin to win this thing so why tune in?
oh thats right..the second coming of mj. *rolls eyes*

Cleveland Steamer
06-08-2007, 12:46 PM
And the Mavs would have beat everybody. I know. In a perfect world, all the hype you bought into would have come true.

Too bad. In reality the Suns are bunch of Charmin soft sissies who will never make it out of the overrated West.

fyatuk
06-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Hardly a cheap shot, Oberto turned towards him to help and they just collided, BUT, that definitely should have been called a foul on Oberto. I was immensely surprised it wasn't.

That was about the only blatantly missed things by the refs though.

I can't believe how many people are agreeing with Stoudemire, when he's proved his stupidity time and again.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 12:47 PM
It probably has an echo.

Kind of like the Suns' trophy room, right? :lol

mardigan
06-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Ouch, that one kind of even made me wince it was so good

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
The Spurs win titles and ESPN loses money.

Almost worth it to see ESPN lose money.

BlackFlagg
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM

OH! In yer face! :clap :clap :clap

Spurminator
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
It's best of both worlds for me. The Spurs win titles and ESPN loses money.

That's kinda why I was rooting for Detroit.

In a perfect world, Disney will forfeit broadcasting rights by the time we win a third Title in a row....

Viva Las Espuelas
06-08-2007, 01:27 PM
You guys are killing the league!this will never get old to me............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/tlongbroom.jpg
..............like your barber is killing your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

word
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
7.9 rating. On par with the Lakers -vs- Sixers in 1980. We're just not going to see MJ ratings any more. Historically if you look at the ratings they were in the 6-11 range then MJ came along and they go up to the 17-18 range. MJ left and they fell back to historical pre-MJ levels. The ratings are down since he left the NBA, even during the regular season.

Also, there are soooo many other sports alternatives now that I don't see the ratings ever getting up to the MJ levels. When I was a kid NO ONE didn't watch the NBA. Now there are a LOT people that don't watch the NBA, don't care about it.

Dallas - Heat was an 8.5 rating last year. That's hardly the 18.7 that MJ pulled in -vs- Malone. We'll never see those numbers again. It has nothing to do with the Spurs. Barring the slight deviations due to market size, people just don't have the same interest in the NBA they had during the MJ years.

Tek_XX
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
The NBA has issues and it's not the Spurs' fault. Even if this was Phoenix vs. Miami, the ratings wouldn't be much higher.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
ESPN has a segment on First Take where they are talking about the Finals game. It's called "while you were sleeping". And the muckety mucks probably wonder why their ratings suck.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh my god well so much for Lebron bringing in huge ratings for the league. Maybe ESPN should start marketing him less because the expectation was a lot more people were going to watch because of Lebron. Hell the ratings were higher than this for the Pistons and Spurs and those ratings were killed by the media.

Tek_XX
06-08-2007, 02:16 PM
ESPN has a segment on First Take where they are talking about the Finals game. It's called "while you were sleeping". And the muckety mucks probably wonder why their ratings suck.

ABC/ESPN shits where they eat.

virginislandCAVS
06-08-2007, 02:19 PM

That must be some good shit your smoking :smokin

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:23 PM
That must be some good shit your smoking :smokin
It's correct. The Spurs missed open jumpers. They made one three pointer in the first half. Michael Finley had two points, Horry had three. Oberto had zero. If you think the Spurs are only going to have three guys in double figures the rest of this series you are the one that needs a drug test.

virginislandCAVS
06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
It's correct. The Spurs missed open jumpers. They made one three pointer in the first half. Michael Finley had two points, Horry had three. Oberto had zero. If you think the Spurs are only going to have three guys in double figures the rest of this series you are the one that needs a drug test.

I'm hungover and your an idiot. I'm not going to debate with an idiot right now. just reading the posts....... :smokin

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm hungover and your an idiot. I'm not going to debate with an idiot right now. just reading the posts....... :smokin

I wish you were just reading and not posting stupid shit.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm hungover and your in idiot. I'm not going to debate with an idiot right now. just reading the posts....... :smokin
How convenient for you. That's what happens when you bring a spoon to a knife fight.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
a 5.9 jesus christ guys Lebron my ass is beloved by America no fucking way. The series with the Pistons averaged an 8.2 in 2005 and game 7 was an 11.9 and this was a 5.9 for game 1. The expectation was the public will see Spurs as the bad guys we hate them, Lebron is the savior of the league and the golden boy of the NBA, America wants the Cavs to win it all. So why would that not equal big ratings i don't get it? Don't tell me it is because of the Suns series because all i heard was how that was going to drive the ratings even higher because America would hate the Spurs and cheer even harder for Lebron.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Did not matter who MJ played in the finals the ratings were massive so Lebron being oh so popular is clearly a crock of shit.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Who gives a shit? Why do any of you care? It's ESPN's fault that their ratings suck. Fuck 'em. In 20 years you'll hear people talking about how they watched the great Tim Duncan winning championships. The same people who pretend that they watched game 5 of the ECF.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
It amazes me how how Spurs fans continue to take the bait on this topic. Why even respond to the thread topic if you don't care? Face it, you guys are the Rodney Dangerfields of the NBA, and it ain't looking like that'll ever change. Take the day off, go out, buy yourselves a brown tie and be happy.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Who gives a shit? Why do any of you care? It's ESPN's fault that their ratings suck. Fuck 'em. In 20 years you'll hear people talking about how they watched the great Tim Duncan winning championships. The same people who pretend that they watched game 5 of the ECF.

I agree with your points, but it's ABC's Finals, correct?

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
sunfan amazes with his continued presence.

Plenty of good fishing til Novmenber.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree with your points, but it's ABC's Finals, correct?
ESPN and ABC are owned by the same parent company. Notice that all the analysts are ESPN guys. They all serve the same master, and if they can't even generate any enthusiasm for the finals, it's their own fault if it tanks. They've already paid the NBA for the television contract, so they are the ones responsible for getting asses in front of the TV.

td4mvp21
06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
TNT should do the Finals. I know it won't happen, but they should. Their presentation is great, they have good analysts, and they are actually cool to listen to. Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Magic are hilarious together during the pre-game and halftime shows.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 02:40 PM
ESPN and ABC are owned by the same parent company. Notice that all the analysts are ESPN guys. They all serve the same master, and if they can't even generate any enthusiasm for the finals, it's their own fault if it tanks. They've already paid the NBA for the television contract, so they are the ones responsible for getting asses in front of the TV.

Ahh, got it.

Wow, that makes ESPN look like total idiots.

Bring the Finals to TNT!

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
TNT should do the Finals. I know it won't happen, but they should. Their presentation is great, they have good analysts, and they are actually cool to listen to. Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Magic are hilarious together during the pre-game and halftime shows.
If anybody at ESPN loved NBA basketball as much as the TNT guys do, well they'd be fired and would hook on at TNT, but if ESPN allowed guys who love the NBA on their programs, there's a chance the viewing numbers would be higher.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
It amazes me how how Spurs fans continue to take the bait on this topic. Why even respond to the thread topic if you don't care? Face it, you guys are the Rodney Dangerfields of the NBA, and it ain't looking like that'll ever change. Take the day off, go out, buy yourselves a brown tie and be happy.

This is more about your guy Lebron than anything else you do understand that right. The media has been saying for a week that the ratings were going to be big because of Lebron they talked only about Lebron and nothing else. If he is so godamn beloved the ratings would have been big. MJ did not play the darlings of the league every year and the ratings were always huge.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
This is more about your guy Lebron than anything else you do understand that right. The media has been saying for a week that the ratings were going to be big because of Lebron they talked only about Lebron and nothing else. If he is so godamn beloved the ratings would have been big. MJ did not play the darlings of the league every year and the ratings were always huge.
He's a Suns troll, not a Cavs fan.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-08-2007, 03:00 PM
______*______
__*___*___*__
_____***_____
__*___*___*__
______*______

:cry :cry :cry :violin :violin :violin :sleep :sleep :sleep

pretty creative...but it means nothing dude. just confirmation of the whiny nature of the incredible being that is the suns troll :dramaquee

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 03:02 PM
:cry :cry :cry :violin :violin :violin :sleep :sleep :sleep

pretty creative...but it means nothing dude. just confirmation of the whiny nature of the incredible being that is the suns troll :dramaquee
What's amazing is that a Suns fan went to the trouble to find or make something like that. It's so pathetic it's almost not funny.

Almost. :lol

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I'll tell ya this much obviously the media is much more in love with Lebron than the public is. Shaq and Wade made for pretty good ratings last year they are easily more of what the public want than Lebron is. ESPN should back off him a bit because after this there is no doubt he is not that popular.

romain.star
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
i just wanted to add that the spurs are probably one of the most popular NBA team abroad, especially in Europe: in France of course (tied with the Bulls), in Italia, in Eastern Europe, in Scandinavia (don't know why but they do love TD up there)
Actually the Spurs might be one of the largest market of the league

TLONG is full of shit

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM

You didn't watch?.....oh my what a big surprise.....NOT!!

You are not a real NBA/basketball fan then....just because your team is fishing.

If the Spurs were not in the finals I would still watch....I would be disappointed my team wasn't there, but I am a basketball fan too.

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Ahh, got it.

Wow, that makes ESPN look like total idiots.

Bring the Finals to TNT!
The NBA could try QVC....they know how to sell stuff.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Spurs Fan: I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. He told me, "Wait 'til it gets warmer"...but, seriously...

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:15 PM
______*______
__*___*___*__
_____***_____
__*___*___*__
______*______
Bored are we?
Maybe you should have been watching the game instead?

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:17 PM
What were the numbers globally anyways?

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Spurs Fan: I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. He told me, "Wait 'til it gets warmer"...but, seriously...
Cavs Fan: A father tells is son he needs some charcoal starter fluid, he tells him to go to the river a scoop him out some and bring it home.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Spurs Fan: I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio...but I wanta tell ya...I get no respect.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 03:26 PM

That one probably doesn't work that well in South Texas. :lol

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Rodney Dangerfield you're not.
You're not even close to being as funny...in fact you're not funny at all....I know funny, and you're not funny.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Rodney Dangerfield you're not.
You're not even close to being as funny...in fact you're not funny at all....I know funny, and you're not funny.

Uh...that's the point. :rolleyes

Warlord23
06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
You know what, UV Ray and Saguaro are not really basketball fans, or even Suns fans for that matter. They probably started watching the Suns a year or so ago after someone told them that they play an exciting style. Which is why the play the same card everytime: bring, dirty, asterisk, etc.

I bet a real Suns fan who's been through the Barkley era, the Kidd era and the Marbury phase and has seen multiple styles of basketball and different winning teams across eras would have some understanding of the game. These two are the product of spending too much time on the ESPN message board and then listening to the talking heads on TV.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 03:34 PM
That's what makes it so funny. UV is actually someone that doesn't like basketball spending so much time on a message board for a different basketball team than the one for which he claims to root. It's difficult to imagine anything more sad or pathetic that he places so much value on the opinions of people who dont particularly like him.

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Uh...that's the point. :rolleyes
Then why post it?

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
That's what makes it so funny. UV is actually someone that doesn't like basketball spending so much time on a message board for a different basketball team than the one for which he claims to root. It's difficult to imagine anything more sad or pathetic that he places so much value on the opinions of people who dont particularly like him.

Spurs Fan: I remember I was so depressed I was going to jump out a window on the tenth floor. They sent a priest up to talk to me. He said, "On your mark..."

picnroll
06-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Any word on if Amare still remembers the rules?

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Then why post it?

It's funny to me. :lol

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 03:40 PM
It's funny to me. :lol
A true singular wit.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
It's difficult to imagine anything more sad or pathetic that he places so much value on the opinions of people who dont particularly like him.
So I'm guessing that means we can't be friends? :lol

VinnyTestesVerde
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
What's amazing is that a Suns fan went to the trouble to find or make something like that. It's so pathetic it's almost not funny.

Almost. :lol

:lol :rollin

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Why are people still bothering with the Suns fans? I already posted stats earlier proving their gimmick style will never get them to the Finals, let alone a championship. Every team in the West is getting better and focusing more and more on defense while the Suns's window is closing fast.

The only team they've beaten convincingly in the last few playoffs is the Lakers, one of the worst defensive teams in the league. If the salary cap doesn't kill em next year the Spurs/Mavs/Jazz/Nuggets/Rockets will.

It's no coincidence that the worst MVP in the last few decades plays on their team. They're nothing more than overhyped media darlings. They'll be back to being a lottery team 2/3 years from now.

Saguaro
06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Why are people still bothering with the Suns fans? I already posted stats earlier proving their gimmick style will never get them to the Finals, let alone a championship. Every team in the West is getting better and focusing more and more on defense while the Suns's window is closing fast.

The only team they've beaten convincingly in the last few playoffs is the Lakers, one of the worst defensive teams in the league. If the salary cap doesn't kill em next year the Spurs/Mavs/Jazz/Nuggets/Rockets will.
Given that this year it took cheap shots and bogus suspensions to keep the Suns out of the Finals, unless next year David Stern decides to suspend Steve Nash from the playoffs because he doesn't like his haircut or something, you'll be eating crow as the Suns storm their way to the 2008 title and begin the revolution away from boring-ass thugsketball.

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Given that this year it took cheap shots and bogus suspensions to keep the Suns out of the Finals, unless next year David Stern decides to suspend Steve Nash from the playoffs because he doesn't like his haircut or something, you'll be eating crow as the Suns storm their way to the 2008 title and begin the revolution away from boring-ass thugsketball.

Suns never had an honest shot at the Finals anyway. It was either going to be the Spurs or Jazz. If the And1 Suns made it to the Conference Finals the Jazz would have handled them in 6 with DWill and Boozer owning Nash and Stoudewhiner in every way possible.

This year was the Suns only chance and Stoeudewhiner blew it. Next year the Jazz will only get better once they find a competent 2-guard and the Mavs might have a shot once they learn to get over their choking problem. The Suns defense will never be championship calibre which is why they'll continue to be knocked out in the 2nd round. Hell, the Nuggets would have taken them in 6 or 7 but the Suns were fortunate enough to play one of the worst defensive teams in the first round.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Face it. Stern hates run & gun.

But seriously, Suns play better D than Mavs. If any team is "Done", it's the Mavs, they set themselves up so they can beat the Spurs... and nobody else.

Suns will be number 1 next year, and Spurs will beat them in the playoffs.

Maybe this time, they'll be smart enough not to worry with Horry.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:00 PM
If the Suns were so good, they could have beaten the Spurs in game 1 at home or beaten an undermanned Spurs team in game 6 with a rested NBA first teamer. Now they get to try next year without Marion and maybe without Amare. Maybe Steve Nash will learn not to flop so much because he fools his teammates with it. You should have seen Amare lose his mind when Nash played "got your nose" with him.

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Face it. Stern hates run & gun.

But seriously, Suns play better D than Mavs. If any team is "Done", it's the Mavs, they set themselves up so they can beat the Spurs... and nobody else.

Suns will be number 1 next year, and Spurs will beat them in the playoffs.

Maybe this time, they'll be smart enough not to worry with Horry.

Suns D is not better than the Mavs. Mavs just have a big time choking problem. Otherwise their D is better than most team's in the league. Even the Nuggets have better defense than the And1 Suns.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
The Mavs play better D than the Suns, they just stopped playing it some time in March.

dbestpro
06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
The game came in at a 9 share rating which is higher than the Mav's Heat series of last year at 8.5. Know your facts.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 04:12 PM
The Mavs play better D than the Suns, they just stopped playing it some time in March.

:rolleyes

And who says regular season doesn't matter?

When it mattered, the Suns played better D than _allas...

which really is not that shocking.

Creation88
06-08-2007, 04:18 PM

tell the blazers to do something about it. :rolleyes

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 04:23 PM

When it mattered? The Suns first round opponent the last two years were the Lakers...one of the worst defensive teams in the league. How hard is it to beat a one man team with no post presence whatsoever. If the Suns had the Nuggets in the first round Nugs would have advanced in 6...maybe 7.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:23 PM

When exactly was that? Against the Lakers? :lol

tlongII
06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
The game came in at a 9 share rating which is higher than the Mav's Heat series of last year at 8.5. Know your facts.

You are wrong. But that's not surprising.

Extra Stout
06-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Last year's game 1 had a 14 share. The 8.5 you are quoting was the average household rating over all 6 games.

The household rating measures how many total households were tuned in. The share represents the percentage of those watching TV that were tuned in to a particular program.

Here are the ratings for Game 1's in recent years:

2007 ABC Spurs-Cavaliers 5.3/9
2006 ABC Mavericks-Heat 7.8/14
2005 ABC Spurs-Pistons 7.2/13
2004 ABC Lakers-Pistons 9.8/17
2003 ABC Spurs-Nets 6.4/11
2002 NBC Lakers-Nets 10.6/20
2001 NBC Lakers-76ers 12.4/23
2000 NBC Lakers-Pacers 10.5/18
1999 Spurs-Knicks 11.5/21

ABC's best Finals ratings were lower than NBC's worst in the post-Jordan era. And now, in a highly hyped series featuring the chosen one, their ratings not only are down 29% from last year, they are down 26% from the 2005 with less star power, and down 17% from the 2003 series which had no draw whatsoever for the casual fan.

TNT got a 4.9 for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. On cable. Cleveland against Detroit. ABC, major broadcast network, for the Finals, can only muster a 5.3

While some of this has to do with the country's disinterest in the Spurs, the data point to the spectacular failure of ABC/ESPN to broadcast the NBA in anything approaching a competent fashion.

The NBA's strategy of putting more games on cable assumed that the reduced number of broadcast games would draw more viewers. What David Stern & Co. did not count on was the utter inability of its new broadcast partner to promote the game. I suspect there will be a new strategy for the next TV deal, that will involve a different broadcast partner.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
When it mattered? The Suns first round opponent the last two years were the Lakers...one of the worst defensive teams in the league. How hard is it to beat a one man team with no post presence whatsoever. If the Suns had the Nuggets in the first round Nugs would have advanced in 6...maybe 7.

Really?

Suns > Mavs > Nuggets.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Really?

Suns > Mavs > Nuggets.
Why are the Suns better than the Mavs in your world?

implacable44
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Last year's game 1 had a 14 share. The 8.5 you are quoting was the average household rating over all 6 games.

The household rating measures how many total households were tuned in. The share represents the percentage of those watching TV that were tuned in to a particular program.

Here are the ratings for Game 1's in recent years:

ABC's best Finals ratings were lower than NBC's worst in the post-Jordan era. And now, in a highly hyped series featuring the chosen one, their ratings not only are down 29% from last year, they are down 26% from the 2005 with less star power, and down 17% from the 2003 series which had no draw whatsoever for the casual fan.

TNT got a 4.9 for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. On cable. Cleveland against Detroit. ABC, major broadcast network, for the Finals, can only muster a 5.3

While some of this has to do with the country's disinterest in the Spurs, the data point to the spectacular failure of ABC/ESPN to broadcast the NBA in anything approaching a competent fashion.

The NBA's strategy of putting more games on cable assumed that the reduced number of broadcast games would draw more viewers. What David Stern & Co. did not count on was the utter inability of its new broadcast partner to promote the game. I suspect there will be a new strategy for the next TV deal, that will involve a different broadcast partner.

partially true -- another factor to consider is the incredible layoff between games. ridiclous and stupid move be the NBA and ABC/ESPN.

tlongII
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
The league badly needs the Blazers in the NBA Finals. We have the most popular team in the country.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:37 PM
That is very telling. ABC has fucked up their promotion of the NBA. I won't be surprised if they try to lowball the NBA for the next contract, threatening to bury coverage on ESPN the same way they've done to the NHL. Hopefully the league is already figuring out how they are going to handle the next network that gets the contract.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Why are the Suns better than the Mavs in your world?

Steve Nash for one reason. Amare for another.

The Suns beat the Mavs in 2005, the Mavs beat an Amare-less team in 2006.

I think the Suns defense is getting better. I can't say the Mavs are getting better since they got bounced in the first round, by a team that couldn't even make it past the second round.

To me, the Suns played better defense this year than they have in the past. Are they perfect? No, not by a longshot. But they are improving, and I think it's short-sighted to discount them just because a very good Spurs teams dispatched them in 6.

Why do you think the Mavs would beat the Suns?

StylisticS
06-08-2007, 04:45 PM
But seriously, Suns play better D than Mavs. If any team is "Done", it's the Mavs.

I disagree with the Suns playing better D than the Mavs. On just about every statistic you saw, the Mavs were right at the same ranking or better than the Suns. We just simply choked, like we always do because we are weak-minded and just plain stupid at times. But we played a bad opponent that IMO got in their heads by the time the playoffs came along. I really do believe that the error Avery made in game 1 set the tone for the rest of the series. The Mavs are one of the youngest teams in the NBA and they are still one of the most talented teams in the league. Nash is nearing his mid 30's and they barely use the bench. The Mavs aren't done whatsoever. The Mavs are set up to beat the Spurs true. But now it's time to tweak that just a bit, obviously. But Amare or no Amare, the Mavs still defeated them. And in 2005, if Terry didn't have a brain for a yogurt, the Mavs-Suns series is going to game 7 with Amare.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I disagree with the Suns playing better D than the Mavs. On just about every statistic you saw, the Mavs were right at the same ranking or better than the Suns. We just simply choked, like we always do because we are weak-minded and just plain stupid at times. But we played a bad opponent that IMO got in their heads by the time the playoffs came along. I really do believe that the error Avery made in game 1 set the tone for the rest of the series. The Mavs are one of the youngest teams in the NBA and they are still one of the most talented teams in the league. Nash is nearing his mid 30's and they barely use the bench. The Mavs aren't done whatsoever. The Mavs are set up to beat the Spurs true. But now it's time to tweak that just a bit, obviously. But Amare or no Amare, the Mavs still defeated them. And in 2005, if Terry didn't have a brain for a yogurt, the Mavs-Suns series is going to game 7 with Amare.

I think Mavs had their chance last year and blew it. Unless the Suns blow up on the off-season, I see no reason why they won't be the number one team in the NBA. Nash is old, but he's NOT slowing down. Not yet, anyway.

Meh, we'll see next year.

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I think Mavs had their chance last year and blew it. Unless the Suns blow up on the off-season, I see no reason why they won't be the number one team in the NBA. Nash is old, but he's NOT slowing down. Not yet, anyway.

Meh, we'll see next year.

The current Suns remind me more and more of the Kings team from a few years back...everything from their choking to their whiny fans. The Suns are going to implode in a similiar fashion when the player's begin to lose hope in their gimmick small ball system as they keep getting bounced out of the playoffs by defensive-minded teams.

And yes I do believe the Nuggs would have taken the Suns in 6/7. Unlike the one-man Lakers, the Nuggets actually have a strong post presence.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Steve Nash for one reason. Amare for another.

The Suns beat the Mavs in 2005, the Mavs beat an Amare-less team in 2006.

I think the Suns defense is getting better. I can't say the Mavs are getting better since they got bounced in the first round, by a team that couldn't even make it past the second round.

To me, the Suns played better defense this year than they have in the past. Are they perfect? No, not by a longshot. But they are improving, and I think it's short-sighted to discount them just because a very good Spurs teams dispatched them in 6.

Why do you think the Mavs would beat the Suns?
I didn't say they would. Someone said that the Nuggets were better than the Suns and you threw the Mavs in there. The Suns played better defense than they have in the past because they got Raja Bell and Nash learned how to flop. The Mavericks were a better defensive team all year long until they started coasting and ran into a hot team that had their number. The Spurs failed to show up for one game against the Suns and fell asleep in the fourth quarter for another. That doesn't scream "very good" to me.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
The current Suns remind me more and more of the Kings team from a few years back...everything from their choking to their whiny fans. The Suns are going to implode in a similiar fashion when the player's begin to lose hope in their gimmick small ball system as they keep getting bounced out of the playoffs by defensive-minded teams.
Well there are two or three worthless Kings fans that have been hanging around saying hateful shit for years. Will UV Ray still be here in a couple of years when his team is no longer relevant, too?

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 04:55 PM

That is a big factor when it was the NBA on NBC they had all the big playoff games on all weekend long and in primetime during the week. Not starting at 9:20 in the east either. NBC promoted their games through their major network shows so many more people knew when the games were going to be on. Now with TNT and ESPN the games are all over the place and it is harder to drum up fan interest like before.

smrattler
06-08-2007, 04:55 PM
If a tree fell in the woods.... No wait, if Jessica Alba was naked in the woods and you were the only one around and she wanted some action, would it make it less great because nobody else saw it?

HEEEEELLLLLL NOOOO!!!!!!

If we win it all for #4, we'll enjoy and appreciate it today... the rest of the world that doesn't get it will catch up 5-10 yrs from now and forever more when they look back and see the greatness of TD, Pop, and this franchise during this time.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM

To be fair, there is NO reason their system of ball can't play defense.

Steals, running back on defense... defense is not the opposite of "small ball."

The only team to eliminate a full strength Suns team is the Spurs, the best defensive team in basketball. If every team gave up because they couldn't beat the Spurs....

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Well there are two or three worthless Kings fans that have been hanging around saying hateful shit for years. Will UV Ray still be here in a couple of years when his team is no longer relevant, too?

Why are Kings fans hanging around here? Wasn't it the Lakers that repeatedly stomped them?

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
To be fair, there is NO reason their system of ball can't play defense.

Steals, running back on defense... defense has nothing to do with "small ball."

The only team to eliminate a full strength Suns team is the Spurs, the best defensive team in basketball. If every team gave up because they couldn't beat the Spurs....

It all starts with their coach. D'Antoni and his gimmick basketball might have been effective with all those soft Euro teams but the NBA's a different story.

Phoenix ranked 12th this year in opponent's EFG%. So in the last 30 years, only three teams have finished the year with a worse EFG% and won the title.

Twice it was the Bulls during their first 3-peat and the 00-01 Lakers who steamrolled through the Playoffs, losing only one game. I don't see any Jordan/Kobe/Shaq's on the Suns. Maybe Phil Jackson can get away with a bad defense once in a while and still win a championship but D'Antoni? LOL

Spurs are ranked 2nd in EFG% this year while the Cavs are ranked 3rd. Interestingly enough both teams are in the Finals.

The Suns defense is more comparable to teams like the Nets and Raptors than to the likes of the Spurs, Pistons, Mavs, Cavs, Bulls, etc.

MadDog73
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Spurs are ranked 2nd in EFG% this year while the Cavs are ranked 3rd. Interestingly enough both teams are in the Finals.

The Suns defense is more comparable to teams like the Nets and Raptors than to the likes of the Spurs, Pistons, Mavs, Cavs, Bulls, etc.

Fair enough. I was going more from a gut reaction than any kind of logic, obviously.

Still, who would have predicted the Mavs choking to the Warriors? Stranger things have happened, and although I never said the Suns will win a title, we'll see how far they get next year. I won't be surprised if they get further than the Mavs or Nuggets...

Slinkyman
06-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Basicly the only casual fans that watch are fans of the team in the finals, nobody outside those cities watches which is why finals with LA or NY have the best ratings. Thing is we all know the spurs don't draw good ratings outside SA, but Duncan isn't all over ads either. Lebron is all over the place yet he isn't drawing shit, he's the fucking "chosen-1" as it says on his back. From the looks of it, probably not.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 05:25 PM
If a tree fell in the woods.... No wait, if Jessica Alba was naked in the woods and you were the only one around and she wanted some action, would it make it less great because nobody else saw it?

HEEEEELLLLLL NOOOO!!!!!!

If we win it all for #4, we'll enjoy and appreciate it today... the rest of the world that doesn't get it will catch up 5-10 yrs from now and forever more when they look back and see the greatness of TD, Pop, and this franchise during this time.

I agree with you but a part of me is annoyed the ratings were not better because it would have given the people a chance to see one of the great teams ever play. What happened here is essentially like a movie that got good reviews and the studio spent millions promoting it, only to have the opening weekend not bring in the big box office. The media and the league hyped Lebron like crazy, creating what seemed to be good buzz only to have the ratings fall well short of expectations. No Cavs fans is going to tell me it was the Spurs fault. The average person hardly knew who else was playing, the only thing anyone talked about on every sports channel was Lebron.

pooh
06-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Hell..."Deadliest Catch" beat the Spurs/Jazz series a few weeks ago.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree with you but a part of me is annoyed the ratings were not better because it would have given the people a chance to see one of the great teams ever play.
If you go to see Godzilla, and King Kong kicks his ass, you don't leave happy, and you don't tune back in the next time.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I still haven't been told why I should care what the average American television viewer thinks.

ImpartialObserver
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Why are people still bothering with the Suns fans? I already posted stats earlier proving their gimmick style will never get them to the Finals, let alone a championship.
The Suns play gimmick ball? Please. The oddsmakers certainly didn't agree with that since every single one of them had the Suns favored to win the series, a series most considered the one that would decide the championship, before it began. Every single one. Every single one of them also would have had the Suns favored to beat the Spurs on the updated series moneyline price had Amare and Diaw not been suspended. Every single one.

If you want to talk about gimmick ball look no further than the Warriors. They played the same style of ball this year just like they did fifteen years ago the last time they had any kind of success. And by success, I mean a decent to good regular season record followed by a quick playoff exit since they play a style that will never be good enough to win championships.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
The Suns play gimmick ball? Please. The oddsmakers certainly didn't agree with that since every single one of them had the Suns favored to win the series, a series most considered the one that would decide the championship, before it began. Every single one. Every single one of them also would have had the Suns favored to beat the Spurs on the updated series moneyline price had Amare and Diaw not been suspended. Every single one.Which ones picked the Warriors over Dallas?

ImpartialObserver
06-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Which ones picked the Warriors over Dallas?
None.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
None.Alrighty then.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Why does what an oddsmaker thinks have anything to do with who plays solid basketball? Lots of NBA head coach prospects in the oddsmaker biz?

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 06:18 PM
If you go to see Godzilla, and King Kong kicks his ass, you don't leave happy, and you don't tune back in the next time.

You missed the point entirely. They never tuned in at all. Bad word of mouth did not get a chance to spread because the inital draw was not there to begin with. Which is a bit puzzling since Lebron is suppossed to be this huge mega star and they heavily built him up as the main attraction for the finals.

StylisticS
06-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Good Lord. A 10.6 share for the entire series. 20 for game 1. I know nobody that watched that piece of shit finals in 2002 because we all knew who would win it. :lol. Maybe, (and this is probably obvious btw), NBC does market the games alot better than ABC does.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
You missed the point entirely. They never tuned in at all. Bad word of mouth did not get a chance to spread because the inital draw was not there to begin with. Which is a bit puzzling since Lebron is suppossed to be this huge mega star and they heavily built him up as the main attraction for the finals.
And I'm saying that it wouldn't have mattered. You think that they would have suddenly had their eyes opened to how great the Spurs are. I say they wouldn't know great basketball if it dragged its balls across their face.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Good Lord. A 10.6 share for the entire series. 20 for game 1. I know nobody that watched that piece of shit finals in 2002 because we all knew who would win it. :lol. Maybe, (and this is probably obvious btw), NBC does market the games alot better than ABC does.
That's probably true, but California and the New York/New Jersey area are enough to command that by themselves.

ShoogarBear
06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
No kidding.......Denver, Suns, Utah.....Cleveland....who is left?

:depressedWinner.

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 06:48 PM
The Suns play gimmick ball? Please. The oddsmakers certainly didn't agree with that since every single one of them had the Suns favored to win the series, a series most considered the one that would decide the championship, before it began. Every single one. Every single one of them also would have had the Suns favored to beat the Spurs on the updated series moneyline price had Amare and Diaw not been suspended. Every single one.

If you want to talk about gimmick ball look no further than the Warriors. They played the same style of ball this year just like they did fifteen years ago the last time they had any kind of success. And by success, I mean a decent to good regular season record followed by a quick playoff exit since they play a style that will never be good enough to win championships.

Oddsmakers don't mean shit. The Suns had two years to improve from their '05 humiliation and this is the best they can do? Marbury's Suns were a hell of a lot more dangerous than Steve Trash's overrated And1 team.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 07:00 PM
And I'm saying that it wouldn't have mattered. You think that they would have suddenly had their eyes opened to how great the Spurs are. I say they wouldn't know great basketball if it dragged its balls across their face.

Probably not but if the huge audience was tuning in for maybe 5 or 6 games rooting for Lebron they may have come to appreciate the Spurs style of play but it's a longshot. Hey does this mean we can now officially put Lebron's name on the list of most underappreciated athletes along with Duncan since the NBA's first attempt at marketing him in the finals has resulted in a DUD for tv ratings.

smrattler
06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
And why is everyone making this a Spurs team issue? Or even a "small market" issue? Dallas is considered a huge market and they aren't the Spurs. Miami had Shaq and the would be King if there wasn't already a King Wade, plus Riley and his slick hair and the whole "Miami scene", and their number were no better than ours.

Testing
06-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Where's the Jay Leno skit?

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 07:40 PM
And why is everyone making this a Spurs team issue? Or even a "small market" issue? Dallas is considered a huge market and they aren't the Spurs. Miami had Shaq and the would be King if there wasn't already a King Wade, plus Riley and his slick hair and the whole "Miami scene", and their number were no better than ours.

This year to me it is about the network or Lebron. He is the big star so they say and they only talked about him. The great savior of the league was suppossed to vanquish the dirty mean Spurs and be a ratings hit. Guess Lebron is only a star in the eyes of ESPN, not the public.

Jelly
06-08-2007, 08:05 PM

Biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time. Everyone else (except you and the Suns apparently) moved on a long time ago and left all that in the distant past and are staying CURRENT in basketball. Ancient history and a total non-factor in Finals ratings.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time. Everyone else (except you and the Suns apparently) moved on a long time ago and left all that in the distant past and are staying CURRENT in basketball. Ancient history and a total non-factor in Finals ratings.

And then some everyone thought the ratings were going to be really good with Lebron here nobody expected this to happen. I did not hear people in the media saying well the Suns are not here so even with Lebron in the finals the ratings will be mediocre. No the buzz was the King is here and the people love him and want to see him in his first finals. That tells me the Suns being in the final would not have made such a huge difference since Lebron is suppossed to be one of the biggest stars in the league.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
all the talk of Lebron and how he will save the ratings/NBA HAHAHAHAHA

Spurs are not the problem, it's the disgusting offense the Cavs have, they are by far the worst team to watch in teh NBA

smrattler
06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
This year to me it is about the network or Lebron. He is the big star so they say and they only talked about him. The great savior of the league was suppossed to vanquish the dirty mean Spurs and be a ratings hit. Guess Lebron is only a star in the eyes of ESPN, not the public.

After I posted the last one, I wlaked away and thought the exact same thing. Exactly.

I thought about how ABC/ESPN/NBA are marketng this year's Finals as the LeBron show. His coming out party. The heir apparent. Hell, most people think he is the only player playing in this series, the other team (the three time champs, TD the legend) are not even important.

The pre-game show, all the ESPN NBA "analyst" shows all start with what, the LeBron Nov dunk on TD?

They want to give him ALL the hype and market only him, but when things fall flat with that sorry presentation and the King falls flat on game 1, they wanna blame the boring Spurs?

This is his show, we are just witnesses like everyone else.

DDS4
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Fine.

The winner of this series takes on an all-star team comprised of LA Lakers and NY Knicks.

That should boost ratings.

jbspurs
06-08-2007, 08:56 PM

People don't watch it because they already know who's going to win. It's more like some Spurs fans that are not interested to watch a game against your team!!!

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I still haven't been told why I should care what the average American television viewer thinks.

That's the attitude!

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Hell..."Deadliest Catch" beat the Spurs/Jazz series a few weeks ago.

Spurs Fan: Yeah but it was a new episode!

smrattler
06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Spurs Fan: Yeah but it was a new episode!

This is your boy's show, this is his world, we just live in it. Only marketed player in the whole thing. Where's his blame? I guess he can do no wrong, so it must be us. :dramaquee

ImpartialObserver
06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Why does what an oddsmaker thinks have anything to do with who plays solid basketball? Lots of NBA head coach prospects in the oddsmaker biz?
Oddsmakers have to know who plays solid basketball in order to set a number on a game or series otherwise they won't be oddsmakers for very long. Take last night for example. The line was Spurs -7.5 and the Spurs won by 9 covering by a point and a half. It wasn't luck that the final result was so close to the spread.

The bookies actually making the initial numbers watch more basketball games than 99+% of the folks on this forum. They also watch them without the bias of allegiance to a particular team, and let's not even get into how good the stats they have access to are. You know why they have to do this? It's because there are a million people out there doing the exact same thing and challenging the bookies for their money every day. If the oddsmakers didn't know who plays solid basketball, they'd be put out of business.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:20 PM
This is your boy's show, this is his world, we just live in it. Only marketed player in the whole thing. Where's his blame? I guess he can do no wrong, so it must be us. :dramaquee

If nobody cares, why should you. I don't and wouldn't. Just remember, it's all about the hardware, and you'll be fine.

Ya Vez
06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I still think the NBA is beating the NHL in finals series ratings... lol...

but in reality I don't care, as long as we get #4 who I don't really care who is watching..

It's not going to lower gas prices if nobody watches

It's not going to increase my pay at work if nobody watches

but it will sure as hell make me proud that a quiet dynasty is in the making, and to be a
longtime fan of the spurs thats all I care about... trough thick and thin... I bleed silver and black........

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I still think the NBA is beating the NHL in finals series ratings... lol...

but in reality I don't care, as long as we get #4 who I don't really care who is watching..

It's not going to lower gas prices if nobody watches

It's not going to increase my pay at work if nobody watches

but it will sure as hell make me proud that a quiet dynasty is in the making, and to be a
longtime fan of the spurs thats all I care about... trough thick and thin... I bleed silver and black........

Dude, YOU are TRULY a mensch.

Ya Vez
06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
No I am Hispanic.... not a mensch...

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:54 PM

They are not mutually exclusive.

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Suns should think about trading Nash for Starbury. At least Marbury's Suns team was competetive with the Spurs...but I think that probably has more to do with the coach. D'Antoni is a used car salesman. Give him MJ and Shaq and he'll still find a way to fuck things up. The bum should stick to Euroball. That And1-no defense style of basketball is only going to get his team bumped in the playoffs next year by Spurs/Mavs/Jazz/Rockets/Nuggets/etc. Of course they might be lucky and somehow draw the Lakers again...LOL

TampaDude
06-08-2007, 10:21 PM

Relax...it's a compliment...

Ya Vez
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I know.. I was just being sarcastic....... bah..

Ya Vez
06-08-2007, 10:27 PM
first spurs game I ever saw was when I was in 5th grade... pistol pete's new orlens jazz vs. george gervins spurs... 1975... wow I am old...

TampaDude
06-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I know.. I was just being sarcastic....... bah..

Heh...come to think of it, was he?

Lp26
06-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I actually think Spurs/Pistons would've brought in better ratings.

No one thinks the Cavs have a chance, so why watch ?

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Heh...come to think of it, was he?

I was sincere.

Obstructed_View
06-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Oddsmakers have to know who plays solid basketball in order to set a number on a game or series otherwise they won't be oddsmakers for very long. Take last night for example. The line was Spurs -7.5 and the Spurs won by 9 covering by a point and a half. It wasn't luck that the final result was so close to the spread.

The bookies actually making the initial numbers watch more basketball games than 99+% of the folks on this forum. They also watch them without the bias of allegiance to a particular team, and let's not even get into how good the stats they have access to are. You know why they have to do this? It's because there are a million people out there doing the exact same thing and challenging the bookies for their money every day. If the oddsmakers didn't know who plays solid basketball, they'd be put out of business.
Yet they think the Suns play solid basketball? You just defeated your own argument.

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
It looks like Game 2 is going to come in somewhere around 5.0/9, which would make it the lowest-rated NBA Finals telecast of all time.

Once "Sopranos" was over, prospective viewers would have switched over to ABC, seen "CLE 26 SA 45" on the screen, rolled their eyes, and switched over to the Tonys, or gone to bed.

dbreiden83080
06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
It looks like Game 2 is going to come in somewhere around 5.0/9, which would make it the lowest-rated NBA Finals telecast of all time.

Once "Sopranos" was over, prospective viewers would have switched over to ABC, seen "CLE 26 SA 45" on the screen, rolled their eyes, and switched over to the Tonys, or gone to bed.

Which is what was to be expected with the Sopranos. Only chance the ratings have is for the Cavs to win game 3 and 4 and maybe game 5 would get a good rating.

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Which is what was to be expected with the Sopranos. Only chance the ratings have is for the Cavs to win game 3 and 4 and maybe game 5 would get a good rating.
While US viewership of the NBA Finals has never been lower, worldwide it has never been higher.

That's the picture David Stern sees. In Paris they don't care whether San Antonio is a small market.

dbreiden83080
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
While US viewership of the NBA Finals has never been lower, worldwide it has never been higher.

That's the picture David Stern sees. In Paris they don't care whether San Antonio is a small market.

True but Media coverage will continue to drop in the US if the ratings keep dropping like this. Look at Hockey ESPN and the media don't care about it or discuss hardly at all anymore because the ratings are so low.

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 04:34 PM
True but Media coverage will continue to drop in the US if the ratings keep dropping like this. Look at Hockey ESPN and the media don't care about it or discuss hardly at all anymore because the ratings are so low.
And yet NBA attendance is at an all-time high. ESPN loves the NBA, even if playoff and Finals ratings lag, because it still delivers solid ratings for regular-season games. And with the revolution in digital media, soon it will be able to offer hoopheads NBA content to computers, cell phones, Ipods, etc., delivering advertising at the same time, and opening up all sorts of new revenue streams.

And, the online content is not bound by international borders.

The NHL didn't lose media coverage because the TV ratings are low; the ratings are low and the coverage is sparse because the NHL committed suicide in the United States with the lockout that wiped out an entire season.

Mr. Body
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
People in this country would rather watch Paris Hilton stand around and look vapid. Most people are fucking idiots... and we're getting stupider and stupider.

Sasha
06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Blame ABC.

:toast

Fillmoe
06-11-2007, 04:55 PM
HAHAH! the spurs fucking suck a fat dick..... boring ass team.... Tim Duncan and his crew of losers hold the key to treating insomnia.

spursfan09
06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
HAHAH! the spurs fucking suck a fat dick..... boring ass team.... Tim Duncan and his crew of losers hold the key to treating insomnia.

:lol
I feel sorry for kings fans so I won't say anything.....

Spurminator
06-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Hope it's a 4.0 on Tuesday.

Marcus Bryant
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Another brilliant take from the forum's resident crackhead.

Obstructed_View
06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
The only thing better than the Spurs winning titles is ABC/ESPN hemorrhaging money while they do it.

Fillmoe
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Keep feeling sorry... at least my team could sellout a finals game..... while your shitty ass franchise is trying to sell tickets on game day of game 2 of the finals.....

The Go For 4
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM

At least we have titles dumbass.

Spurminator
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I know, think of all the ratings and attendance trophies we're missing out on.

Marcus Bryant
Keep feeling sorry... at least my team could sellout a finals game..... while your shitty ass franchise is trying to sell tickets on game day of game 2 of the finals.....

Your team? The 1909 Rochester Royals?

Funny how the "shitty ass franchise" is on the verge of winning title #4. Man, the jealousy and bitterness of your posts just reeks.

Extra Stout
The only thing better than the Spurs winning titles is ABC/ESPN hemorrhaging money while they do it.
Well, they must not be hemorrhaging too much, given the substantial increase in rights fees they are willing to pay to extend the current deal until 2016.

Marcus Bryant
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
It must suck as a fan when the highlight of your season is trolling another forum and harping on television ratings of the team currently up 2-0 in the Finals.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I know, think of all the ratings and attendance trophies we're missing out on.

:lmao

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed in our ratings performance thus far in the series. It's tearing me up inside to see such greatness on the court and to imagine all of the eyeballs in America NOT witnessing it.

BTW...I believe we're all NOT WITNESSING (even we are watching)...

Spurminator
06-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm just pissed that we're not going to have a place on nba.com/history's NBA Ratings Juggernauts page. And that section in the Basketball HOF devoted to the highest-rated teams? No Spurs plaques or photos in that room... Damn shame.

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
The Rochester Royals indeed sold out all four games at the 4,200-seat Edgerton Park Sports Arena in 1951. Kudos!

Obstructed_View
Well, they must not be hemorrhaging too much, given the substantial increase in rights fees they are willing to pay to extend the current deal until 2016.
It would certainly make sense that they are indeed making money on the Finals despite the ratings, because otherwise they'd actually have ESPN talking the Spurs up during the season in anticipation that they are going to go deep into the postseason.

I can still hope that they are just looking long term to try to recoup their losses, though. :)

Spurminator
I hear those rings that Nielsen sends the Lakers every year are pretty nice. Sad that Duncan will never get to wear one of those.

dknights411
06-11-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Finals were sold out after like 10 minutes or something. But it doesn't matter. At least we're in the Finals. :fro

Obstructed_View
06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, because they'd all have to buy tickets in order to get there.

ClingingMars
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
championships mean everything.

end of thread.

-Mars