PDA

View Full Version : Interesting night at the AT&T Center

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I received an email yesterday that I had won the spurs.com lottery and was able to buy two tickets. I was pretty excited about that, but had a feeling the tickets were going to stink.

My feeling was right and got absolutely the worst tickets in the house. I was at the the highest point and almost directly behind the backboard. Those tickets were so bad that I felt foolish yelling because I knew it made no difference. Yelling would of been like pretending we were part of the crowd.

Nevertheless, for the first quarter and a half my wife and I eyed lower level seats that had been empty the entire time (row 12). So guess what, we moved down and caught the end of the 1st half and most of the 2nd half from those seats. I say most of the second half, because can you believe the owner of the tickets actually showed up midway through the 4th quarter. Oh well, I thanked him for the seats and watched the end of the game walking out of the arena. There was no way in hell I was going back to my seats.

Moral of the story, I think I lost in the lottery because watching it at a bar would have been much better. However, the wife and I wound up with some of the best seats in the house for a majority of the game. Believe.

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I got the email yesterday too.

My tickets were in 214, row 13.

That was awesome.

steppy
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
:lol I was way up there too...almost behind a backboard. In fact, the damn Finals banner was blocking some of the lighthouse. At least I could see the floor pretty well. I enjoyed the experience more than anything. I screamed, got loud and booed just like if I had been in the lower level. Took some pics with the pictures of the players outside as well. The only other Finals game I had been to was back in '99 and wanted to do it again.

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 10:22 AM

That was awesome.
I was 214 row 16, but atleast it sounds like we all tried to make the best of it.

Loose Cannon
06-08-2007, 10:26 AM
We got them from the lottery too. Section 214 row 14, seats 2 and 3. I probably talked to and/or spilled beer on at least one of you guys.

I didn't really care that the seats were bad. I'm from Austin, so getting to games is a labor of love. But being at a Finals game was awesome.

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I was 214 row 16, but atleast it sounds like we all tried to make the best of it.

Yeah. There was that finals banner blocking part of the view, but not of the court. I was just happy and pumped to be there.

The only other Finals game I had been to was back in '99 and wanted to do it again..

Me too. I haven't been to a finals game since '99 and wanted to get to one this year.

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I never got my email :-(

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
We got them from the lottery too. Section 214 row 14, seats 2 and 3. I probably talked to and/or spilled beer on at least one of you guys.

I didn't really care that the seats were bad. I'm from Austin, so getting to games is a labor of love. But being at a Finals game was awesome.

We had seats 3 & 4

Loose Cannon
06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Did you sit on my lap or what, 4001? lol.

Were you the guys who unsuccesfully tried to get beer right between the 3rd and 4th quarter?

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Did you sit on my lap or what, 4001? lol.

Were you the guys who unsuccesfully tried to get beer right between the 3rd and 4th quarter?

Lol. Just about. The rows are so close.

I got my beer before the game and during 1/2 time. I brought my own supplements for the rest of the time, so I wouldn't have to leave during the game.

ploto
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
The problem is the Spurs suckered people in- people thought there was no way they would get tickets any other way and so they entered the lottery and took whatever they got. Then yesterday the Spurs started to release better tickets- there were tickets in section 223 and 225 available yesterday afternoon and even seats together that were better than the ones they stuck people with in the lottery. At 6:00 PM yesterday when online and phone sales shut down, there were STILL single seat tickets available for last night's game. Pretty sad.

SenorSpur
06-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I got the same email. I went ahead and purchased two tickets. I took the deal, in part, due to the 10-game "weekend" packet for next season. Of course, I don't know that I'll be able to attend each of the 10 games, but it's a nice-to-have.

The seats are in Section 205, Row 16, Seats 19-20. I took a look at the seats on the 3-D arena map. At least they are facing the court. Of course, I'm now a proud member of Club Nosebleed.

I'll be driving down from Big D to attend Sunday night's game.

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
I got the same email. I went ahead and purchased two tickets. I took the deal, in part, due to the 10-game "weekend" packet for next season. Of course, I don't know that I'll be able to attend each of the 10 games, but it's a nice-to-have.

The seats are in Section 205, Row 16, Seats 19-20. I took a look at the seats on the 3-D arena map. At least they are facing the court. Of course, I'm now a proud member of Club Nosebleed.

I'll be driving down from Big D to attend Sunday night's game.
my recommendation is to eyeball lower level seats that are available. If they stay available for the entire 1st half then make the move. I made my move right before halftime. Of course I gave myself enough time to raid the consession stand.

spurschick
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
The tickets that get released later are actually spoken for early on. If they aren't claimed, they're released. Because of the popularity of the finals, it's always a crapshoot. The cool thing about buying the 10-game pack is that you now have playoff priority for next season, and you get to experience the finals live, which is really a treat no matter where you sit.

50 cent
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah. There was that finals banner blocking part of the view, but not of the court. I was just happy and pumped to be there.

Just like the Cavs!

:lmao

T Park
06-08-2007, 11:01 AM
bitching about going to the Finals?

I've seen it all now.

maxpower
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM
i have to agree. You are not going to yell because you are in the upper level?
I sure hope that is not the prevailing thought for the fans that are up there.
I guess the old adage about success applies.

Loose Cannon
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
We definitely yelled loud all game, but there were a lot of people just chilling. It was about half and half. . My voice is gone today. And my little clapper thing is demolished almost beyond recognition. :tu

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
i have to agree. You are not going to yell because you are in the upper level?
I sure hope that is not the prevailing thought for the fans that are up there.
I guess the old adage about success applies.
I was only in the upper level for a few minutes. Then I went to the lower level and yelled my butt off.

Melmart1
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
What the fuck? You yelled only because you were in lower level? What if you had stayed in the upper level the whole game?

Shit, I don't care if you string me up and hang me upside down from the rafters, I would be happy to go and would be yelling my ass off no matter where I was. But that's just me.

Deb
06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I never got my email :-(
How do you get into the lottery?

spurschick
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
What the fuck? You yelled only because you were in lower level? What if you had stayed in the upper level the whole game?

Shit, I don't care if you string me up and hang me upside down from the rafters, I would be happy to go and would be yelling my ass off no matter where I was. But that's just me.

word

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM

were you there?

Gtown
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Did this dude really just complain about being at the game?!?! What kind of spoiled baby ass shit is that? Im with MelMart on this one, I'd take any seat in the house and act just like I would if I was in the front row. Weak ass fan......

Melmart1
06-08-2007, 11:26 AM
were you there?
Did you read my post?

I have sat in Club 200 directly behind each backboard at one point, and in the seats that are on the corners, the ones that I paid $7 for, which you are sitting at a slant and not even facing the court, you have to turn your head a bit to look down on the court.

For a regular season game.

Against the Kings.

And I screamed my head off.

This is the Finals.

I would sit ANYWHERE and cheer.

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I'd take any seat for a finals game, and we were yelling.
The guys behind us and a lot of others were yelling. My accordian/clapper thing was demolished too.

ClingingMars
06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I'd be the sweat guy on the court and still scream my head off. Which reminds me, a friend of mine moved to SA this last year, and he has promised me a Cowboys and a Spurs game once I get the money to fly down there ;)

-Mars

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 11:44 AM
this thread was started to give people a heads-up of what to expect in that lottery. I did yell in my nosebleed seats, but felt very odd doing so because it feels like it makes no difference. I'm coming across as spoiled which I probably am when it comes to these sorts of thing, but all in all it sounds like everyone made the best of what they had.

Go Spurs Go!

Frank Brickowski
06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Well I got two tickets through the lottery as well in section 214 row 16. I actually thought the sight lines were good and we had a blast. I've been to many Spurs games (in much better seats) but I don't think I've ever had a better time at a game.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
spursfans will complain about anything.

Through several comic events I ended up with THE worst seats in the house -- the two seats ploto is bitching about still being available. Given my girlfriend physical condition, it was an adventure navigating the stairs. Neither of us gave a shit, and I don't have my voice today.

It's the finals.

PS -- We didn't get the free shirts either. Don't give a shit.

CharlieMac
06-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I like my seat at County Line.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Did you read my post?

I have sat in Club 200 directly behind each backboard at one point, and in the seats that are on the corners, the ones that I paid $7 for, which you are sitting at a slant and not even facing the court, you have to turn your head a bit to look down on the court.

Against the Kings.

This is the Finals.

I would sit ANYWHERE and cheer.i think he meant last night.

davenwo
06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
got my email this morning showing i won. my uncle should be pissed cause he missed it because i didnt check my email. he would have sat anywhere and been happy like a real fan. i went to the game (season tickets) and paid about another 160 for him to watch it at home while tickets were waiting at will call for me that i would have given him.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Look up my user name. There aren't bad seats at AT&T.

ploto
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Did you read my post?

Against the Kings.

This is the Finals.

These seats ran $160 per pair. Would that impact your opinion?

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 01:43 PM
It's the NBA Finals.

That impacts my opinion.

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 01:46 PM
It's the NBA Finals.

That impacts my opinion.
Congratulations on being a "real" fan. We're all different and I'm happy you enjoyed your seats though not all nosebleeds are the same. Some are actually pretty darn good seats. As far as my seats, no freakin way ever again. Yes I'm spoiled, but next time I'll ante up the extra dough or not go at all.

ploto
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
But knowing you got stuck with the crappy seats when there were available better seats for the SAME price?

T Park
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Im still blown away at bitching about to get to go to the finals.

Im in california and had to sell my damn tickets, and would've given ANYTHING to be there last night.

Ploto's bullshit rantings are expected, as she still has a tampax shoved up her ass over her girlfriend Rasho getting traded.

Melmart1
06-08-2007, 01:48 PM
These seats ran $160 per pair. Would that impact your opinion?
Attendance at an NBA Finals game is something that most people won't ever get to do. 80 bucks is a fraction of what that seat would cost in almost ANY OTHER CITY with an NBA team. So no, it would have ZERO impact. I would be thrilled to ONLY pay 80 for my seat to the biggest stage in the NBA and what might possibly be the final O'Brien run for my favorite team of all-time.

Shit, I paid 55 for a seat to game 5 of the WCFs, so if I got a Finals ticket for only $25 more I would be exstatic.

ploto
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
The Spurs could have held whatever seats they wanted for the lottery, but they chose some really bad ones that they would have had trouble selling. Smart move on their part, as signing up meant you were charged for the tickets automatically if chosen. They could have just released those tickets.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
It's the NBA Finals. We're peons. If you aren't a season ticket holder that has already given them alot of money all year long, that's how it goes. If the money is that big a deal to you, you shouldn't be going to the games.

ploto
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Attendance at an NBA Finals game is something that most people won't ever get to do. 80 bucks is a fraction of what that seat would cost in almost ANY OTHER CITY with an NBA team. So no, it would have ZERO impact. I would be thrilled to ONLY pay 80 for my seat to the biggest stage in the NBA and what might possibly be the final O'Brien run for my favorite team of all-time.

Shit, I paid 55 for a seat to game 5 of the WCFs, so if I got a Finals ticket for only $25 more I would be exstatic.
Gee- and I gave a ticket away.

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Im still blown away at bitching about to get to go to the finals.

Im in california and had to sell my damn tickets, and would've given ANYTHING to be there last night.

Ploto's bullshit rantings are expected, as she still has a tampax shoved up her ass over her girlfriend Rasho getting traded.
it's not like some big privilage to go. There were people selling tickets all over the place, plus ticket exhange had plenty to sell too. I'm just telling you what you get for $160 a pair from my perspective.

Melmart1
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Gee- and I gave a ticket away.

EDIT: Eh, that was too harsh. But you are a dumb bitch who does nothing but complain about Spurs and their fans.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Eh ... I don't see anything wrong about those seats but it's all personal preference.

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Eh ... I don't see anything wrong about those seats but it's all personal preference.
thank you.

duncan228
06-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Just to be in the building had to be intense.
I haven't seen the Spurs in person anywhere, never mind in their building in the Finals.

Watching them on TV across the country is a priviledge.
It's the Finals.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Last time we got down there to see a game the Spurs were playing the Mavs at the Alamodome and Rodman got 20 rebounds in the first half against the three Js.

Flea
06-08-2007, 02:31 PM

That was awesome.

Me too!!!

My husband and I were number 5 and 6!

Flea
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
We had seats 3 & 4

So you were the guy whose hand I slapped at the end.....HAHA I couldn't figure out what you were telling me....I thought you wanted High Five!

:lol

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 02:36 PM
thank you.

Well when I lived in L.A., I refused to ever sit higher than row 10 at the Forum or Staples Center :lol I was quite a seat snob.

But since I've lived in San Antonio, I have actually learned to appreciate the sight lines in all the seats at the AT&T Center.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Well when I lived in L.A., I refused to ever sit higher than row 10 at the Forum or Staples Center :lol I was quite a seat snob.

But since I've lived in San Antonio, I have actually learned to appreciate the sight lines in all the seats at the AT&T Center.
I look forward to someday being a seat snob. I'll be unlikely to go on a message board and bitch about my seats in the NBA finals, though. The only reason I got to go to my first Spurs game is because I won a trivia contest on the radio. I was dirt ass poor.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm a terrible seat snob .... it's hard to find better seats than what our season seats were (1st row, aisle for the long legs in the family) since we gave them up.

:depressed

spurschick
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
The Spurs could only offer the seats they had available, and those are the seats in the higher parts of the arena. They know it is difficult to sell those seats, but it's not like they forced people to buy them. I'm not sure why people thought that signing up for the lottery would get them lower level seats. Those have been sold out for a long time. Like I said, there are lower level seats that aren't sold because they're reserved by opposing team, nba, etc. If they aren't claimed, they're released to the general public a few hours before the game.

It really amazes me how some people think the Spurs are a bunch of crooks trying to rip people off. If they really feel that way, maybe they should go to another message board.

Flea
06-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Me either! Ofcourse I would love to be closer but it's the NBA FINALS, I was just happy to be there!

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
So you were the guy whose hand I slapped at the end.....HAHA I couldn't figure out what you were telling me....I thought you wanted High Five!

:lol
Yeah, My wife and I sat next to ya'll. I was high fivin'.
I may have said that we're not leaving yet. Go on by or something.

Flea
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
The Spurs could only offer the seats they had available, and those are the seats in the higher parts of the arena. They know it is difficult to sell those seats, but it's not like they forced people to buy them. I'm not sure why people thought that signing up for the lottery would get them lower level seats. Those have been sold out for a long time. Like I said, there are lower level seats that aren't sold because they're reserved by opposing team, nba, etc. If they aren't claimed, they're released to the general public a few hours before the game.

It really amazes me how some people think the Spurs are a bunch of crooks trying to rip people off. If they really feel that way, maybe they should go to another message board.

The lottery also clearly explained they were for BALCONY seats. And at $80/piece I would think anyone who bought them would be wise enough to know they were going to be waaaaay up there.

Flea
06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, My wife and I sat next to ya'll. I was high fivin'.
I may have said that we're not leaving yet. Go on by or something.

COOL!

I was wondering if there was anyone from spurstalk.

I had a great time!

Ginofan
06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm with you 2Cents. Don't worry about coming off as a snob. I'd be just as upset if I paid that much money for tickets and got stuck at the top, even if it was the Finals.

I think I paid $115 (on Ticketmaster) for my Game 6 seat vs the Pistons in 05 and I got to be behind the basket at the top of the lower bowl. That's only a $35 difference from where your seats are and look at how much better of a seat mine was. Maybe it's just me but this years' playoffs seem much more expensive than years past.

Another thing, maybe some of you guys can afford to "be happy to sit anywhere" but alot of people can't, and I don't think it's cool to rag on someone because they complained about their seat that they paid for.

Flea
06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm with you 2Cents. Don't worry about coming off as a snob. I'd be just as upset if I paid that much money for tickets and got stuck at the top, even if it was the Finals.

But they stated on the website they were for Balcony so he could have chosen not to buy the tickets.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 03:00 PM

I think I paid $115 (on Ticketmaster) for my Game 6 seat vs the Pistons in 05 and I got to be behind the basket at the top of the lower bowl. That's only a $35 difference from where your seats are and look at how much better of a seat mine was. Maybe it's just me but this years' playoffs seem much more expensive than years past.

Another thing, maybe some of you guys can afford to "be happy to sit anywhere" but alot of people can't, and I don't think it's cool to rag on someone because they complained about their seat that they paid for.
Well I don't think it's cool to rag on someone who's ragging on someone. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm an equal opportunity ragger. Only I appreciate my shitty seats in the appropriate amount.

BeerIsGood!
06-08-2007, 03:08 PM
eh, I don't know. I paid $120 for one ticket to sit 10 rows from the court in section 24 for the first game of the playoffs and had a great time and then spent $130 for tickets for my gf and I to sit in the balcony even with the free throw line for game 1 of the WCF and had a great time as well. Other that I was content to sit at home for free and watch on a 60" HD with some bar-b-que and a six of Dos XX and had a great time too. I guess the moral is just enjoy being able to watch the game no matter where you are and don't worry or get upset over small things like this. I'm sure there are plenty of foreign fans on here who would pay just to be able to watch the finals on TV at a normal viewing hour instead of following the play by play on the internet at 3 AM.

BlackFlagg
06-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm a terrible seat snob .... it's hard to find better seats than what our season seats were (1st row, aisle for the long legs in the family) since we gave them up.

:depressed

That had to hurt.

cholo
06-08-2007, 03:37 PM
bitching about going to the Finals?

I've seen it all now.

:clap

leave it to a whiny bitch like 2centsworth to complain about going to the Finals. Spurs fans like you make me sick

I'd give my left nut to watch that game in person and all you can do is bitch about how it wouldve been better at a bar.

Next time do everyone a favor and give your tickets away to someone who will appreciate them and get loud . NO one wants your sorry ass there.

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 03:39 PM
That had to hurt.

We've got a beautiful new house to show for it, though. Now we just need a better TV. :lol

BlackFlagg
06-08-2007, 03:48 PM
We've got a beautiful new house to show for it, though. Now we just need a better TV. :lol

hmm... I'd still have to think about it. :lol Kidding.

I look forward to the day I can afford season tickets. Wonder how much they'll set me back by then...

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
:clap

leave it to a whiny bitch like 2centsworth to complain about going to the Finals. Spurs fans like you make me sick

I'd give my left nut to watch that game in person and all you can do is bitch about how it wouldve been better at a bar.

Next time do everyone a favor and give your tickets away to someone who will appreciate them and get loud . NO one wants your sorry ass there.
do you have a left nut to give? btw, I don't give cholo's tickets I usually get them to wash my car. Need a job?

cholo
06-08-2007, 03:52 PM
do you have a left nut to give? btw, I don't give cholo's tickets I usually get them to wash my car. Need a job?

you're right. i already gave my nut to your wife who wanted to go to the game with a real man instead of a whiny bitch.

spurschick
06-08-2007, 03:52 PM
People, we're 3 wins away from a championship. Put the bad feelings on hold til July. Kumbaya.

Flea
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM

I didn't know you moved. Congrats on the new home. Are you still in Alamo Heights?

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I didn't know you moved. Congrats on the new home. Are you still in Alamo Heights?

No ... Live Oak now, caddy-corner to the Forum ... and 3 doors down from a house that was on the news and in the newspaper yesterday. :wow :lol

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
you're right. i already gave my nut to your wife who wanted to go to the game with a real man instead of a whiny bitch.
Like there's a woman in the world who wants to be with a broke cholo who needs to offer a nut for $80 tickets. Don't make me fire your family, because I'll go to my roof right now and have them put down those tar mops.

cholo
06-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Like there's a woman in the world who wants to be with a broke cholo who needs to offer a nut for $80 tickets. Don't make me fire your family, because I'll go to my roof right now and have them put down those tar mops.

just because im a cholo doesnt mean i dont have a job.

your wife pays me to please her when you go to work cause obvioulsy all you're good at doing is crying about shitty Finals tickets.

2centsworth
06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
just because im a cholo doesnt mean i dont have a job.

your wife pays me to please her when you go to work cause obvioulsy all you're good at doing is crying about shitty Finals tickets.I would continue if your smack wasn't so weak. Keep hallucinating about chicks thinking you're a real man, because you aint got nothing on me cholo. I'm way out of your league.

cholo
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I would continue if your smack wasn't so weak. Keep hallucinating about chicks thinking you're a real man, because you aint got nothing on me cholo. I'm way out of your league.

If you have to rely on a lottery to get Finals tickets, i'd say you're actually right in my league.

You couldnt stand being up in the balcony because you secretly think you're better than the raza fans up there. How dare you have to watch the game from the rafters...

Gimme a fucking break. If you're too good to sit up there then I'll reiterate what I've already said: STAY THE FUCK HOME!

It's people like you that make our fans weak, make our city weak, and they make our Spurs weak.

ploto
06-08-2007, 05:49 PM
It isn't that people expected to be on the lower level- it is that there were better seats in the BALCONY available than the ones they got stuck with. I highly doubt that the Spurs were holding back seats in the upper level for VIP'S. I feel certain these lottery winners would have preferred section 223 row 4 over where they got stuck- and there were seats together on that row available yesterday afternoon on ticketmaster.

As to the cost, Ginofan, the Spurs have outpriced their market. Most people do not want to pay about $200 for 2 tickets and parking for those seats that are that bad.

PS I just brought up a ticket in 226 for Sunday's game on ticketmaster.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 05:53 PM
If you can't afford it or if there aren't enough white Euros playing to suit your taste, don't go.

It's that simple.

Bitching that there were 18,794 instead of 18,797 is unbellieveably stupid.

ploto
06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
If you can't afford it or if there aren't enough white Euros playing to suit your taste, don't go.

It's that simple.

Can't afford it? :lol I am not griping for myself. I have quite the wonderful seat whenever I choose to use it- have since Fall of 2003. I just choose to go less this year than I have the previous 3 seasons.

veronicamae
06-08-2007, 05:59 PM
i was in the 2nd row from the ceiling - but center court. i totally didn't care - I WAS THERE. i'd have sat on the stairs if it meant being there - and i paid $75/each for the 2 tickets.

who cares - at least you were given the opportunity to go. crying about winning the ticket lottery? puh-leeze. i'm sure there are thousands of people that would have welcomed that.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Can't afford it? :lol I am not griping for myself. I have quite the wonderful seat whenever I choose to use it- have since Fall of 2003. I just choose to go less this year than I have the previous 3 seasons.That's why I put in the white Euro phrase.

I covered all the bases.

Deb
06-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Well I got two tickets through the lottery as well in section 214 row 16. I actually thought the sight lines were good and we had a blast. I've been to many Spurs games (in much better seats) but I don't think I've ever had a better time at a game.
I was in section 13, row 11, paid $120 a piece for three tickets, and was happy as hell. I might have gotten ripped, but I sure the heck enjoyed it!

spurschick
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
The Spurs don't necessarily hold balcony level seats for VIPs, but they are conducting various promotions right now for season ticket renewals/purchasing and they need to keep some seats open to accommodate that. That is why some seats in the lower part of the balcony are released at various times before the game.

ploto
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
That promo ended Wednesday- these tickets were distributed on Thursday. Try again.

spurschick
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Read again. I said various promotions.

boobie4three
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Serious inquiry.

What do you Spurs fans think of them playing music during your possession
of the ball? I'm not sure how often they do it, but on at least one occassion, I distinctly remember them playing the drum solo from the Who's "We won't get fooled again" and I thought to myself; "Three time champs don't do that crap". Am I just sounding like a bitter Cavs fan, or do I have a point?

LugNutz
06-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Holy shit...I'm been lurking since '04 but now I've heard it all and had to post. I was at game 3 against the Suns, i was in section 226 row 26 seats 15 & 16, I paid 100.00 $s for the tickets but I'm glad i did. I was the loudest one in my section according to my wife, I really don't remember we were having a good time. :drunk all night long some foo sitting behind me kept asking me to sit down.... :bang ....and I kept telling him to stand up and yell or do something. Shit if I could get tickets to the finals I'd let DRob sit on my face just to be there....haha

mullet
06-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Holy shit...I'm been lurking since '04 but now I've heard it all and had to post. I was at game 3 against the Suns, i was in section 226 row 26 seats 15 & 16, I paid 100.00 $s for the tickets but I'm glad i did. I was the loudest one in my section according to my wife, I really don't remember we were having a good time. :drunk all night long some foo sitting behind me kept asking me to sit down.... :bang ....and I kept telling him to stand up and yell or do something. Shit if I could get tickets to the finals I'd let DRob sit on my face just to be there....haha

Amen brother

romad_20
06-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Did you read my post?

Against the Kings.

This is the Finals.

I don't have a voice today. I sat behind Peter Vecey and tried to annoy the hell out of him. :smokin