PDA

View Full Version : Quick Shout out to Mark Cuban

FromWayDowntown
06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
The 2007 Western Conference Champions banner was in the rafters before the 2007 Finals started.

No official mention was ever made of it.

41times
06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Dude it's all we got so far. Maybe after we win a few more we won't make much mention of it either. You have to start somewhere.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Dude it's all we got so far. Maybe after we win a few more we won't make much mention of it either. You have to start somewhere.

very true..

i remember when a divisional champs banner was something to yell about around here.

makedamnsure
06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm glad they didn't say anything about it - after all, it don't mean a thing if you don't get the ring :]

but quick question, have the Cavs hung theirs up? I know they made a big deal about it so it wouldn't surprise me if they had a presentation before game 3 for it

cherylsteele
06-08-2007, 11:37 AM
very true..

i remember when a divisional champs banner was something to yell about around here.
I remember when just making the playoffs in '87 was a big deal.
we proceeded to get trounced by the Lakers.

George Gervin's Afro
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
The 2007 Western Conference Champions banner was in the rafters before the 2007 Finals started.

OUCH!

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
but quick question, have the Cavs hung theirs up? I know they made a big deal about it so it wouldn't surprise me if they had a presentation before game 3 for it

and they should.

they deserve it.

T Park
06-08-2007, 11:54 AM
What?

We didn't bust out the music from Braveheart, and raise it up dramaticly and everyone whiped tears from their eyes as it was slowly raised to the rafters!??!?

twentyone
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey Dallas played a good season and it's noteworthy if only for them, Cleveland made it to the Finals for the first time and they even more deservedly should celebrate.

We can be homers and they deserve every bit of celebration for their accomplishments. We don't have a 2007 Championship banner hanging in our rafters yet, we have to get it done 3 more times first.

spursfan09
06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow I didn't even know it was up there already.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't get it, now the Mavs can't celebrate their accomplishments? Don't get me wrong, I hate a Mavs troll as much as the next person, but come on! Give them a break! Let them throw fireworks if they want, they deserved their WCF title.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm still proud of those. That was a hell of a division. I remember the midwest champion T shirts with cartoon of Willie Anderson and Terry Cummings on them from ~1990.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't get it, now the Mavs can't celebrate their accomplishments? Don't get me wrong, I hate a Mavs troll as much as the next person, but come on! Give them a break! Let them throw fireworks if they want, they deserved their WCF title.
True. Howevuh, they should have had the balls to show it in the first game of the season, though.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I did see the 2007 banner up there on a replay. I knew that was kind of odd. I didn't hear them make a deal out of it. I'm sure Cleveland with ham theirs up.

duncan228
06-08-2007, 01:12 PM

? Division banner, right?

We're the 2007 Western Conference Champions.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM

He's saying that the Spurs had the banner in the rafters last night and making fun of Cuban for making a big deal about his.

duncan228
06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
He's saying that the Spurs had the banner in the rafters last night and making fun of Cuban for making a big deal about his.

:oops
I did not get enough sleep last night.

Missed it entirely! :lol

I think I'll need a nap today!

td4mvp21
06-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I think Dallas shouldn't have waited an extra game for "marketing purposes" to raise it. That was a bitch move, because they knew we were coming in and that only a WCF banner would be minimal to our numerous WCF and Championship banners.. At least, that's the only reason I can think of them not doing it the first game. The Spurs aren't cocky either, they wouldn't have laughed or shown disrespect had they raised it the first game. Afterall, they did beat us that year. To me, it was just a bitch move.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I think Dallas shouldn't have waited an extra game for "marketing purposes" to raise it. That was a bitch move, because they knew we were coming in and that only a WCF banner would be minimal to our numerous WCF and Championship banners.. At least, that's the only reason I can think of them not doing it the first game. The Spurs aren't cocky either, they wouldn't have laughed or shown disrespect had they raised it the first game. Afterall, they did beat us that year. To me, it was just a bitch move.
That's the retarded part. It's like they were embarassed about it even though they beat the Spurs on the way to getting it. Mark Cuban is a little bitch, though. That's just the way he rolls.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 01:48 PM
That's the retarded part. It's like they were embarassed about it even though they beat the Spurs on the way to getting it. Mark Cuban is a little bitch, though. That's just the way he rolls.

I think he was seriously worried SA would come in and fuck up their celebration by winning. I dont recall who they played the next game but it was a patsy team and a guaranteed 'W'.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I think he was seriously worried SA would come in and fuck up their celebration by winning. I dont recall who they played the next game but it was a patsy team and a guaranteed 'W'.
That would be the Golden State Warriors.

Whups.

BigBeezie
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Meh, let other teams celebrate their SMALL accomplishments. We just want rings around here.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 01:53 PM

Whups.

and they won?

what's this world coming to?

Obstructed_View
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
and they won?

what's this world coming to?
No, they lost by three.

degenerate_gambler
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
No, they lost by three.

AHAHAHAHAAAHA!!!

well that worked out well for the Cubes then.

moron.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Here's a nice coincidence:

Both the Mavs and the Heat lost their opening games where they celebrated their respective championships. The Mavs lost to the Warriors and the Heat lost to the Bulls.

Then, they got eliminated in the playoffs by the same teams.

ClingingMars
06-09-2007, 10:04 PM

Whups.

:lmao :lol

the irony has me laughing to tears.

-Mars

AlamoSpursFan
06-09-2007, 10:07 PM

We didn't win the Division...why would we hang that banner?

baseline bum
06-09-2007, 10:11 PM
I was there when the Spurs unveiled their conference champions banner in 99, and it was a huge deal.

Obstructed_View
06-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I was there when the Spurs unveiled their conference champions banner in 99, and it was a huge deal.
There's nothing wrong with being proud of it in 1999, IMO. I would have unveiled it if I were playing the Lakers and been proud. Cuban's a clown for waiting until the second game.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2007, 10:26 PM

I'm almost 100% certain that the 1999 Western Conference Champions banner was on the curtain before the Finals started and was noted by the placement of a spotlight upon it before the Spurs lineup was introduced at Game 1. I might have mixed that up with something else, but I swear that the only banners I can remember being given a unique banner unveiling ceremony were NBA Champions banners and retired numbers for David and Sean.

I don't begrudge the Mavs having a special banner hanging ceremony for their Conference Championship; I just found the relative importance attached to that accomplishment in the two cities to be a rather interesting commentary on the values of the organizations.

duncan228
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
We didn't win the Division...why would we hang that banner?

:oops I was confused, thought he was talking about the Mavs. :oops

I already offered my excuse, not enough sleep when the Spurs are in the Finals! :lol

ATXSPUR
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
No, they lost by three.

They lost their first four games!!! WHOOO!!!