PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan chat-wrap (Scola)

texasqb2
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Just now in his chat he said a couple of teams have offered 2nd round picks for Scola's rights and have been turned down. Not like this is a surprise, just thought I'd post it on here.

rayray2k8
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
link?? anything?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Which teams exactly??? It must be SEATTLE!!!

coopdogg3
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=16094

Chris Sheridan: (12:02 PM ET ) Good morning from the press room at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, scene of last night's beatdown of the Cavs. The Spurs are out on the court practicing right now, but the curtains are drawn, so I cannot tell you for sure whether they're still laughing at the Cavs like they were throughout Game 1. Can;t blame them, really, cuz that game was a joke from a competitive standpoint. If the Cavs don't bear down soon, this series will be a laugher all the way through. Off we go ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shoney -- Maine: What is one good thing the Cavs can take from game 1 and one bad thing the Spurs can take?

Chris Sheridan: (12:05 PM ET ) Good thing for Cavs: They were able to keep Tony parker somewhat under wraps when they took Larry Hughes off him and went with LeBron or Boobie. Bad thing for Spurs: Their attitude. It didn't look like they were showing much respect to the Cavs last night, but they should be careful cuz that is one very, very resillient team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rick, (ny 2 phx 2 chi): hey chris, i really enjoy your chats. is there any truth to the rumors of phx trading shawn marion to detroit for rasheed wallace and tyshaun prince. if there is truth to thayt how gets the better side of that trade? i would hate to see shawn marion leave phx!!! thanks!!!

Chris Sheridan: (12:07 PM ET ) If Detroit was going to make a trade like that, they'd want Amare Stoudemire back, not Marion. But Amare is one of the guys on their radar this summer, and they'll part with Sheed and another piece (I think it would be Hamilton rather than Tay) if they can get a young big in return. For more on the Pistons, check my blog later today.

Corey (Arlington, VA): Lifelong Pistons fan here. As much I have enjoyed the team the last couple of years, there are definitely some chemistry, attitude, and effort issues there and I think it is time for a signficant overhaul. What do you think some realistic moves for the team to keep them competing for championships might be?

Chris Sheridan: (12:09 PM ET ) More than anything, they have to break out of the complacent mindset that has killd them the past two years.

fred (miami): do you think kobe will get traded this offseason i love your work

Chris Sheridan: (12:11 PM ET ) I think Kobe can stir things up again if he comes out with a strong public statement reiterating his trade request, but short of that I think the Lakers will wait him out and hope they can placate him by shaking up the roster.

Brad (Detroit): Was that Stoudemire hypo just speculation or is there some truth to that rumor?

Chris Sheridan: (12:14 PM ET ) I hear his name alot in talking with personnel people around the league discussing which players might be traded this summer. My reading is that Amare and Marion are both available.

Martanya( Milwaukee): I've heard several offeseason things are going to occur like Chauncery Billups leaving the pistons to come here and i've also heard that Ron Artest might be going to the Heat...........is any of this true?

Chris Sheridan: (12:16 PM ET ) Chauncey to Milwaukee is not happening. They do not want to pay what his asking price cwill be when they can re-sign Mo Williams at a fraction of Chauncey's number. Artest is going to end up somewhere new, but I hear the Lakers are a stronger possibility than the Heat.

Kurt (Wilmington, NC): Chris, most games I get upset when Eric Snow is in the game. Last night was one of the few times I was begging for Coach brown to put him in there to guard Parker. With Hughes lack of production on the offensive end, I don't think the Cavs would have been losing much on offensive end by playing Snow. Do you agree?

Chris Sheridan: (12:19 PM ET ) I disagree. Eric doesn't have the foot speed to be effective against Parker.

Tony (Blacksburg, VA): Do you think Mike Brown will have the guts to start Boobie over Hughes? He hasn't done it yet for some odd reason, but it's what needs to be done if the Cavs want to win these finals.

Chris Sheridan: (12:19 PM ET ) He was asked that question last night, and he gave a one-word answer: No.

Ted (LA): What are the chances Jermaine O'Neal winds up in LA? What would it cost?

Chris Sheridan: (12:20 PM ET ) It would cost Odom and Bynum. As for the chances, I'd put them somewhere around 50-50 at this point.

Pat (Stamford, CT): After some of the other questions mine fits in perfectly. If you are the Lakers and have a chance at either Artest or O'Neal which one do you take?

Chris Sheridan: (12:23 PM ET ) We;; if 'm the Lakers I try to get both of them (using Luke Walton in a sign-and-trade for Artest). But if I had to pick one of the two, I'd go with Jermaine.

Chris Sheridan: (12:39 PM ET ) Wow, technical meltdown extraordinairre! The gremlins are running amok in this chat room or this press room, can't tell for sure which. Anyway, seems like we're back. More questions, plz ...

JKlipp (Milwaukee, WI): What does Milwaukee do this summer, if they don't spend their FA money on Billups?

Chris Sheridan: (12:41 PM ET ) I believe the guy they have their eye on is Gerald Wallace, but they may have to renounce a couple of their f.a.s (charlie Bell, ersan Ilyasova) to clear a litle extra cap room to make an adequate offer _ something starting around 9-10 mill.

Mike (NYC): Who re-tools more this off-season, Miami or Detroit? And, who wins more games next year?

Chris Sheridan: (12:44 PM ET ) Detroit, because they're more willing to make major changes. More wins? Can't really say til I see who the Pistons bring in.

X-man (SA): if the spurs win it again...will they come back intact or you changes? I think Barry, Beno might be out. What have you heard on Scola?

Chris Sheridan: (12:46 PM ET ) Basically intact. On Scola, I've heard from a couple other teams that they've tried to pry his rights away by offering a second-round pick, which the Spurs obviously feel is inadequate.

Loufish Tx: Are the Celtics gonna make a decent trade or should i learn to pronounce Jianli :(

Chris Sheridan: (12:48 PM ET ) of theb teams picking 1-6, the Cs are the most likely to make a deal. I know Ainge loves Yi, but I don't think he has enough job security to wait the 3-4 years it'll take for Yi to become a breakout player (if he indeed has that in him). The pronounciation of Yi's first name, by the way, is Ee (the Y is silent).

Allen (Los Angeles, CA): Will Lebron have time to work on his outside shooting this offseason? It needs to get more consistent.

Chris Sheridan: (12:53 PM ET ) He really looked hesitatnt to shoot last night when Ginobili was sagging off him. Look, that's been the biggest knock on LBJ since he entered the league, that he can't shoot consistently from the outside. So forget about the offseason, the question I ask is whether LBJ will get on the first bus and spend an extra hour shooting Js before Game 2? It worked for him in the ECF when he arrived at the arena three hours before Game 3 and spent the extra time shooting.

Ali(Hou): Clearly the refs have played a large part in the outcome of most of the playoff series this season. After a surpisingly fair game 1 do you see the refs changing the calls or allowing the boys to play?

Chris Sheridan: (12:54 PM ET ) Well, it always depends on which referees are working which games. I hear Dick Bavetta is coming to town for Game 2, and he always blows his whistle a lot, so expect to see a few more foul shots in Game 2 than you did in Game 1.

Brian (Tampa, FL): Die hard Lakers fan. What's the latest you are hearing from Kobe's tirade last week? Is he coming or going? Are the J O'Neal rumors true? What are the possibilites of J West truly coming back? I need answers!!

Chris Sheridan: (12:57 PM ET ) All is quiet, and things should stay that way for a couple more weeks while Jerry Buss is in China. But the final chapter of that story is yt to be written, and a lot of things can still happen. But as I said before, I think Kobe needs to push it publicly one more time if he really, truly wants out.

Chris Sheridan: (12:58 PM ET ) That's a whap for roday, folks. Sorry about the technical problems midway through this chat. We'll have the guilty party taken outsde and shot. A good weekend to all.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:11 PM
hey Einstein! look 3 threads down!

coopdogg3
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
hey Einstein! look 3 threads down!

Just thought I would provide the whole chat there, genius.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Just thought I would provide the whole chat there, genius.well then provide it in that thread. What's the point of starting a whole new thread to talk about the SAME THING??

George Gervin's Afro
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I never saw any Spurs players laughing at the Cavs. That flies in the face of reality considering the during the post-game press conference the SPurs were very clear that this was just one game.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Here I'll help ya

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70526

coopdogg3
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
well then provide it in that thread. What's the point of starting a whole new thread to talk about the SAME THING??

Because Sheridan talks about a lot more spurs/cavs related stuff than just Scola. If the mods want to merge them, they can.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Look, I'm just repeating what has been said many a time before. If there's a thread on the subject already, whats the point of starting a new one? Its common sense. Still don't take my word for it, I'm sure someone else is going to point this same thing out if you keep doing it.

coopdogg3
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Look, I'm just repeating what has been said many a time before. If there's a thread on the subject already, whats the point of starting a new one? Its common sense. Still don't take my word for it, I'm sure someone else is going to point this same thing out if you keep doing it.

The thread was fairly limited, and only mentioned Scola. There's a lot more info in this chat than just one question/answer about Scola. There's also a lot of NBA news (which technically doesn't belong here, I know) that can provide fodder for Spurs off-season moves, if needed. Don't know why you're being a thread-Nazi today - nor do I care. Feel free to discuss the plethora of spurs-related news that was found in Sheridan's chat.

Big P
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
A second rounder for Scola? I would imagine that he would be more valuable in a trade package, than trading him straight up for a second rounder. I would rather sign him to play here than trade him for a second rounder.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Bavetta in game 2? Looks like the league is hoping Cavs can get game 2 with some assistance and then pull it off at home.

Budkin
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Bavetta in game 2? Looks like the league is hoping Cavs can get game 2 with some assistance and then pull it off at home.

Bavetta or not, we'll still win Game 2.

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
scola is worth at least 2 2nd rounders or a first round pick in the teens...

boutons_
06-08-2007, 02:04 PM
"players laughing at the Cavs."

no, but Tony was laughing hard at, totally amused by Francisco's theatrics after dunking on the fast break. Tony really needs to start playing more seriously. :)

ploto
06-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Bad thing for Spurs: Their attitude. It didn't look like they were showing much respect to the Cavs last night.
I agree.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I never saw any Spurs players laughing at the Cavs.

Neither did I.

I saw Tony and others laughing and celebrating Elson's dunk. Timmy celebrating on a few plays. And in the funniest play of the game, Timmy missing that lob from Tony, Tony thinking Tim had made it (because he fell and didn't see the finish) and then Tony realizing Tim didn't make it. If you have the replay, Tim and Tony going back up the court is freakin hysterical.

nkdlunch
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
they were not laughing at the cavs comeon.

if anyone was disrespectful it was Lebronze. He did his little dunk show during pre-game warmup when he should have been practicing his jumpshot. what an idiot this kid is

cheguevara
06-08-2007, 04:28 PM
maybe Lebron dunked in pregame since he knew he was not going to be able to during the game

Creation88
06-08-2007, 04:30 PM
aaah, i've been waiting for the SPURS to bring in Scola. i think he could be very successful. we have $ this year so i wonder if we'll by out his contract.

tempest186
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
The Spurs can only pay $350 000 towards any buyout, Scola would have to cover the rest. I believe that that particular bridge is burned.

ducks
06-08-2007, 05:25 PM
$500,000 now under the new cba

ducks
06-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Here I'll help ya

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70526
link busted

thousandth
06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
"I don't want to hear your gossip" sign: Op :elephant

WalterBenitez
06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
WTH Spurs are gonna do with little Scola

T Park
06-08-2007, 08:22 PM
second rounders :lol

BTW, Ploto

link to the pictures showing this visual evidence?

Thank you.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL @ Scola for a 2nd round pick

the best players in the world not playing the NBA for a 2nd rd pick? Spurs need to stop this joke and bring him to SA

then Noc, then Delfino........

Bruno
06-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Spurs are right not to trade Scola for a second round pick.

Scola has had a monster game yesterday in spanish semifinal against Barcelona with 27 points. His team lost and they are down 2-1 in a best of 5 serie. Scola's next game is sunday at Barcelona and if he lost, it will be the last game of his season.

Darkwaters
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Spurs are right not to trade Scola for a second round pick.

Scola has had a monster game yesterday in spanish semifinal against Barcelona with 27 points. His team lost and they are down 2-1 in a best of 5 serie. Scola's next game is sunday at Barcelona and if he lost, it will be the last game of his season.
Scola is a potential impact player in this league. Dumping him for a player that likely will never pan out makes no sense. Obviously we're getting low-balled for Luis...but if we show renewed interest in bringing him over ourselves then his value will skyrocket once again.

picnroll
06-09-2007, 11:08 AM
My bet is Scola is in SA next year. And the Spurs can use a fiery player like him. That primal scream by Elson on the dunk is too infrequent. That shit fires up the crowd, the players and it sells tickets.