PDA

View Full Version : I need to find a good dive in the 281/1604 area...

blizz
06-08-2007, 06:15 PM
anyone know of any good places?

mardigan
06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Sherlocks is pretty tight, but a little pricey

King
06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Sherlocks is pretty tight, but a little pricey

And not what most would consider a 'dive'

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm not much of a SCUBA enthusiast so no I don't know of one

Mijo
06-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Finnegan's.

mullet
06-08-2007, 06:57 PM
BigZ burger's off 1604 between Blanco and NW MIlitary.

Best damn burgers since they closed lil hipps

leemajors
06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
And not what most would consider a 'dive'

exactly, lame ass place has a dress code. no camo allowed, and my friend nearly got turned away once because of the tats all the way down his arm. haven't gone back since.

blizz
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Finnegan's.
I pass by it every day on my way home, never been. Even though it's not a "dive" I don't mind popping into the bitter end every now and then.....write that down.

scott
06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Finnegan's.

Bingo!

MrChug
06-08-2007, 10:23 PM
I pass by it every day on my way home, never been. Even though it's not a "dive" I don't mind popping into the bitter end every now and then.....write that down.

Actually blizz...I just moved from that Thousand Oaks area north to Overpass so I'm in the same market for a dive. The only place I ever felt comfortable going and gettin some drinkin accomplished was Crabby Jacks. It's fkin closed now (they say to new ownership which means that it won't be Crabby's anymore :cry). But if you want a dive, I actually DO think that FINNEGAN'S is a good recommendation...but it's the only one I know. I'm pretty open if anyone else knows of any in that area or further north.

Dro210
06-08-2007, 10:39 PM
exactly, lame ass place has a dress code. no camo allowed, and my friend nearly got turned away once because of the tats all the way down his arm. haven't gone back since.

Yep... I went in after watching a game one night in my Parker jersey and they wouldn't let me in. They don't let you wear hats on the weekends, and they wont ever let you wear 'em backwards.... so I pretty much hate that place

Actually blizz...I just moved from that Thousand Oaks area north to Overpass so I'm in the same market for a dive. The only place I ever felt comfortable going and gettin some drinkin accomplished was Crabby Jacks. It's fkin closed now (they say to new ownership which means that it won't be Crabby's anymore :cry). But if you want a dive, I actually DO think that FINNEGAN'S is a good recommendation...but it's the only one I know. I'm pretty open if anyone else knows of any in that area or further north.

I heard the reason Crabby's closed down was because of a lawsuit. That place was notorious for underaged drinking, guess they finally got enough on 'em to shut 'em down. Oh well.... I always thought it was kind of a shit hole anyway.

I don't really know what a 'dive' is, looks like you're talkin about bars tho.... I live in the 281/Bitters area, there's some alright spots around there (Bitter End, Falls, Clicks, Wise Guys, etc...), but I've been goin out to the 1604/Stone Oak-Blanco/Stone Oak area..... They've got some nicer bars over there, always poppin, always fine women.... Try Chicago Bar and Cross-Eyed Seagull, they're in the same little center, so you can do both in 1 night if you want.

If you're lookin for cheap beers... Cross-eyed Seagull has $1 Miller Lites on Wednesdays I think..... and Jacks (Thousand Oaks/Jones Maltsburger) has $1 domestic pints on Tuesdays

Some of my friends like the Broadway area alot, they've got alot of bars there, but that's kinda far from this area.

Flea
06-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Not too far from there is Kennedy's. Its at the corner of Blanco and Huebner.

blizz
06-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm not too keen on the uppity stuck up stone oak bars. I'm just sayin'.

MrChug
06-09-2007, 09:40 AM

Blizz...I just moved north of 1604 on 281 (Overlook) and I'm in the same boat bruther. I actually WOULD consider Finnegan's the closest thing to a "dive" in the area...BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING A LITTLE FURTHER NORTH?

THANKS!