PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry Blog

SpursWoman
06-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I looked but didn't see this anywhere .... pretty funny. :)

http://www.nba.com/finals2007/barry_blog.html

Dishing From the Inside
Posted by Brent Barry on June 7, 2007, 8:30 a.m. ET

Hey, I’m blogging. Wow, how cool is this! I’ve heard of blogging and I have read some entries from bloggers, but this is my first attempt at it and I have to say that I am finding it to be quite easy. I’m going to push the * button. Cool! Look at that! It’s not just the number 8, it has more purpose than that! Awesome.

OK. Since I made it this far I guess I should tell you that my name is Brent Barry and I am member of the Western Conference champion San Antonio Spurs. I have been asked by NBA.com to chronicle some of the events surrounding this year’s NBA Finals match up between us and the Cavs. I will try to entertain you with some of the things you won’t find on other highly respected media outlets; things that only someone on the inside might know or see (very Ethan Hunt) and I might end up challenging myself in to not writing a single word about LeBr.... (man, I almost blew it) during my archiving over the next couple of weeks. I don’t think I’m gonna make it.

Anyhow, tonight we begin a quest to win a fourth NBA title for the Spurs franchise. It would be the fourth in nine years. The Cavs have the same goal as we do and bringing a championship to Cleveland, which rocks by the way, would be the first for that city. It has been a long wait for both teams to get this series started but once the ball is tipped tonight the race to win four games will have officially begun.

There are a lot of great story lines surrounding the series. If you want to read about that boring stuff just click on over to the NBA home page and pick from a list of amazing articles detailing everything from Tim Duncan’s “personality” to the fashion sense of Cavs guard Damon Jones. But nobody’s putting this blog in the corner! You’ll hear details of my youngest son having the worst case of diarrhea I have ever seen yesterday! The day before game one I found myself was standing in the driveway with a hose trying to chase down a naked 1 and a half year old who looked like he was wearing brown pants. Ahhh, the Finals.

Basketball is the greatest game in the world and tonight kicks off it’s greatest spectacle. Probably a bad choice of words to use “kicks off” when referring to a basketball related event but it’s all I could come up with. The NBA Finals are upon us. Two of the best teams in the league who have worked hard all season long to get to this stage. You’ll be seeing some of the world’s greatest athletes along with some so-so on air talent (ABC’s Jon Barry). Thanks for taking the time to stop by and blog out with me and hopefully they’ll let me do it again......

itzsoweezee
06-08-2007, 07:20 PM
brent barry's blog >>>>>>>>> anything ever written by that shirley guy

spurschick
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I love Brent - I hope he's planning on going into broadcasting when he retires. He cracks me up and it seems so organic. I've really been waiting for him to have a great game during the playoffs, but it just hasn't happened. I'll keep hope alive though. He's due.

WalterBenitez
06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Interesting, I'll follow him opening my new blog!

Testing
06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Anyone have the Jay Leno backstage nba finals skit?

manubili
06-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Really cool stuff

Summers
06-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Tim Duncan's "personality"

:lmao

Way tmi about the kid with dirty drawers.

T Park
06-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Good thing hes funny.

Can't play basketball for shit.

Phenomanul
06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Good thing hes funny.

He's a natural comedian....

As for not being able to play basketball well T Park... that's a load of garbarge...

His Basketball IQ is up there... Too bad he's older, and has back problems... otherwise he would be able to contribute more.

ObiwanGinobili
06-08-2007, 08:07 PM
brent barry's blog >>>>>>>>> anything ever written by that shirley guy
yes :tu

I love Brent, I think he's hilarious. And I agree with SC in that I would LOVE to see him go into broadcasting after he retires... (can you imagine him and Sean Elliott together?? :spin but yeah I know that would never happen).

Mostly I hope he keeps blogging after the finals.

fuckespn
06-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Good thing hes funny.

Tpark fuck you and pavolic, you little pussy

Avitus1
06-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Its a great blog, I cant wait to the follow ups, and to see if he can avoid talking about LeBron.

sprrs
06-08-2007, 08:16 PM
You’ll be seeing some of the world’s greatest athletes along with some so-so on air talent (ABC’s Jon Barry). Thanks for taking the time to stop by and blog out with me and hopefully they’ll let me do it again......

:lol

ClingingMars
06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Good thing hes funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXg-k_1NGMY

Not anymore, maybe...

-Mars

ClingingMars
06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I love that first paragraph alone. that cracked me up

-Mars

easjer
06-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I know basketball is about the team and winning, but I will be very sad when Brent leaves, because he is funny as hell, and that's one of the reasons I love the team. I really hope he gets into broadcasting, particularly with a good group like TNT - he'd add so much over there. I totally adore him.

Supreme_Being
06-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-08-2007, 10:00 PM
:lol Brent Barry is great.

bonesinaz
06-08-2007, 10:07 PM
:lol

Funny blog. I loved the jab at his brother.