PDA

View Full Version : So is Lebron officially underappreciated by the Public?

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Since i have to hear non-stop about Duncan not being loved by the public given the so so ratings looks King James is not so loved by the public either. The league and the media did nothing but kiss his butt for a week in promotion of the finals with expectations of big ratings and they were anything but. Please lets not hear it is still because of the Spurs, In Jordans prime did not matter who the Bulls played they got massive ratings.

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Since i have to hear non-stop about Duncan not being loved by the public given the so so ratings looks King James is not so loved by the public either. The league and the media did nothing but kiss his butt for a week in promotion of the finals with expectations of big ratings and they were anything but. Please lets not hear it is still because of the Spurs, In Jordans prime did not matter who the Bulls played they got massive ratings.

Who cares? Anyone? Somebody!!!

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Who cares? Anyone? Somebody!!!

Wow great points there!!

davidpuddy1
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
LeBron is good, but he doesn't have the supporting cast that Jordan had. Jordan didn't have to run the Bulls offense. If the Cavs can get a good point guard so LeBron doesn't have to hold the ball at the top of the key EVERY posession, he'll be able to have many more high scoring games.

That being said... I just think that it's because it's two smaller markets. Plus interest in the NBA has been falling. Now if it becomes a good series (2-2 after 4 games) and LeBron has a monster game or two, the ratings may go up.

If the Spurs just quietly sweep or win in 5, it will be rated low.

We'll see what happens :)

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 09:37 PM

Spurs Fan: In the name of God...somebody...anybody!... LOVE US!

Supreme_Being
06-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Meh.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Spurs Fan: In the name of God...somebody...anybody!... LOVE US!

Nobody loves you assholes either fuckhead!!

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 10:06 PM

Someone needs a nap. :baby

Johnny RIngo
06-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Just ignore the Suns bandwagoner. When the Nuggets eliminate Phoenix next year he'll be busy trolling the Denver forums and making up more excuses for the Suns piss poor defense.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Someone needs a nap. :baby

Oh wait that is right we got a Suns troll here. Sad that you are still hanging onto to that shit.

davidpuddy1
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM

Relax...

No need for that.

Just enjoy the games... our teams are in the Finals!

I haven't had this much fun since 95 and 97 when the Tribe was in the Series (Yeah we lost, but it's nice to have your team play all the way until the end).

UV Ray
06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh wait that is right we got a Suns troll here. Sad that you are still hanging onto to that shit.

:lmao

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
LeBron is good, but he doesn't have the supporting cast that Jordan had. Jordan didn't have to run the Bulls offense. If the Cavs can get a good point guard so LeBron doesn't have to hold the ball at the top of the key EVERY posession, he'll be able to have many more high scoring games.

That being said... I just think that it's because it's two smaller markets. Plus interest in the NBA has been falling. Now if it becomes a good series (2-2 after 4 games) and LeBron has a monster game or two, the ratings may go up.

If the Spurs just quietly sweep or win in 5, it will be rated low.

We'll see what happens :)

Good points and i do see the ratings going up if the series gets tight, however with all the buzz about Lebron and his star power the expectation was the ratings would be big for game 1. Listening to some talk radio today nobody really seemed to know why they weren't.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Relax...

No need for that.

Just enjoy the games... our teams are in the Finals!

I haven't had this much fun since 95 and 97 when the Tribe was in the Series (Yeah we lost, but it's nice to have your team play all the way until the end).

That 97 tribe team knocked out my Yankees that was a painful memory.

davidpuddy1
06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
That 97 tribe team knocked out my Yankees that was a painful memory.

Ah yes, Sandy Alomar. That was a beautiful thing. Shoulda closed out the Marlins... :depressed

dbreiden83080
06-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Ah yes, Sandy Alomar. That was a beautiful thing. Shoulda closed out the Marlins... :depressed

Hey Yanks could not close them out in 03. :depressed

ambchang
06-09-2007, 12:13 AM
This is what you get when you cater to fairweather fans who couldn't understand the beauty of teamwork and defense.

dbreiden83080
06-09-2007, 12:19 AM
This is what you get when you cater to fairweather fans who couldn't understand the beauty of teamwork and defense.

That is what this finals was supposed to solve. The casual fans that don't want to give the fundamentally sound but non-flashy Spurs a chance. King James the golden boy and supposedly one of the leagues most popular players was going to bring in the casual fans. The air Jordan apparent going for his first title against the somewhat hated Spurs. People love that good guy bad guy storyline they eat it up with a spoon. All the media was predicting big ratings so why did it not happen? You can't blame the Spurs for this, Lebron was supposed to be money at the Box Office regardless of who he was facing. Jordan sure as hell was.

Avitus1
06-09-2007, 12:22 AM

That and NBC could market games better.

dbreiden83080
06-09-2007, 12:30 AM
That and NBC could market games better.

Agreed but the ratings for game 1 are worse than what Spurs/Pistons were in 2005. They averaged an 8.2 and got an 11.9 for game 7, in a series that people said left and right had no star power. This is just very puzzling to me given all the hype about Lebron heading into the series.