PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs are not done just yet

Fast Dunk
06-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Contrary to what many people think, LeBron and the Cavs will come back and win this series...

Game 2 is ours and then we will sweep the 3 middle games, The Heat did it against the Mavs last year, Detroit did it in 2004 against the Lakers...

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Cavs in 5

THE SIXTH MAN
06-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Who gives a fuck about what you think?

Man of Steel
06-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Lets put down some money.

Fast Dunk
06-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Who gives a fuck about what you think?

I do and apparently you do too!

BeerIsGood!
06-09-2007, 03:22 AM
They aren't done, but they are severely out-classed in this series. They are one dimensional on offense and defense, and probably can't get enough fire power to win 4 games out of the next 6. The Spurs are simply too good on both sides of the ball and hold all of the cards.

Horry For 3!
06-09-2007, 03:31 AM
:lol @ Cavs in 5

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Obviously LeBron's not going to have another crappy game as he did in game one, but if you think that Boobie, Z, Gooden, Marshall, Pavlovic, Varejao, Hughes, Snow or any of the rest of them are going to short-circuit the scoreboard with their point output, you are out of your mind.

Axl Van Dam
06-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Contrary to what many people think, LeBron and the Cavs will come back and win this series...

Game 2 is ours and then we will sweep the 3 middle games, The Heat did it against the Mavs last year, Detroit did it in 2004 against the Lakers...

Cavs in 5

:dizzy Really now? :dizzy

jaffies
06-09-2007, 04:06 AM
ANOTHER one of these fucking horrible threads about how we should be on lookout for a Cavs comeback to win 4 straight????
There is an ongoing thread about this on page one:

thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70267)

...with over 380 replies btw.
Why don't you post this drivel in there?

Oh, oh....I know why.
Because you're scared shitless that your redundant and boring post will get lost in the fray in the hundreds of posts, and no one will get to read and understand just how shitty your thought process is. You're afraid you won't get enough attention that you so sorely need to feed your attention-whore appetite.

So let's get back to your weak-ass take. Miami and Detroit won all their home games in the 2-3-2 format, the only 2 times since the finals format switched in 1985. Only this isn't the Heat or the Lakers or the Mavs or the Pistons, none of these teams are currently playing in the finals the last time I checked. Since you're gonna bring up meaningless historical accomplishments done by other teams to other teams in other years, why don't you bring up the 7 finals sweeps that have happened?

Your post does not deserve it's own thread.

Witness.

Leetonidas
06-09-2007, 04:23 AM
ANOTHER one of these fucking horrible threads about how we should be on lookout for a Cavs comeback to win 4 straight????

Oh, oh....I know why.
Because you're scared shitless that your redundant and boring post will get lost in the fray in the hundreds of posts, and no one will get to read and understand just how shitty your thought process is. You're afraid you won't get enough attention that you so sorely need to feed your attention-whore appetite.

So let's get back to your weak-ass take. Miami and Detroit won all their home games in the 2-3-2 format, the only 2 times since the finals format switched in 1985. Only this isn't the Heat or the Lakers or the Mavs or the Pistons, none of these teams are currently playing in the finals the last time I checked. Since you're gonna bring up meaningless historical accomplishments done by other teams to other teams in other years, why don't you bring up the 7 finals sweeps that have happened?

Witness.

:owned

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Game 2 is ours and then we will sweep the 3 middle games,
:lmao

based on what?

This is definitely one of the most idiotic posts I've seen in a long time, you've gotta be a retard to think the Cavs are winning this series PERIOD. But winning in 5? I don't even know WTF to classify you as.

samikeyp
06-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Cavs in 5

I know you haven't noticed this, primarily because you have chosen not to look, but the majority of the posters here did not call a sweep and are not calling this series over. Most of that comes from the "experts".

ArgSpursFan
06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
spurs will win all home games,and will win 1 in Cleveland.Sorry Dude,Spurs in 6.

BlackFlagg
06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Contrary to what many people think, LeBron and the Cavs will come back and win this series..

Quit reading at this point. Laughable, and you know it. :lol :lol :lol :lol

mikeanthony21
06-09-2007, 10:22 AM

Cavs in 5

Do the words "Who Gives a Shit?" mean anything to you?

The_Worlds_finest
06-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes put The Spurs, which are being considered top 3 teams of all time, in the category of the top choking team of all time Mavericks and the one hit wonders Detroit Pistons geesh, is there something in the water your drinking or you just plain stupid.

Once again to your idiotic ranting WHO GIVES A SHIT

dbreiden83080
06-09-2007, 10:50 AM

Cavs in 5

This fucking team needed 6 games to beat the 41-41 Nets and he is calling a 5 game series win against the Spurs after losing game 1. You really must have hit the :drunk hard last night.

BigBeezie
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
The mavs couldn't win 10 out of 20 against us.

TampaDude
06-09-2007, 10:54 AM
You're right...the Cavs are not done yet...there's still 4 more games to play...Spurs in 5...BOOK IT!!!

Cleveland Steamer
06-09-2007, 11:13 AM

Cavs in 5
You dumbfuck. Its no wonder Spurs fans are giving us so much shit right now. You really think that the Cavs are going to sweep the Spurs at this point? Lets hope for one win to start, and go from there.

O-Factor
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM

Cavs in 5

Anothe Friggin idiot. LOL WE OWN YOU!!! SPURS in 4

DDS4
06-09-2007, 11:49 AM

Cavs in 5

Care for a friendly wager?

Put your money where your mouth is. :greedy

twincam
06-09-2007, 12:30 PM

Cavs in 5

Ummm...San Antonio is NOT Dallas, and San Antonio is NOT L.A.

We don't choke!

:donkey

J.T.
06-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Cavs in 5

The difference between the 2004 Pistons and the 2007 Cavs is that the Cavs are not overwhelmingly better than the Spurs, like the Pistons were against the Lakers. In fact it is probably the other way around.

The difference between the 2006 Heat and the 2007 Cavs is that the Spurs will not choke like the Mavs did.

Those are the only two times the lower seed has swept its home games. It's unlikely that it's going to become a new trend in the NBA, and incredibly more unlikely that, if it is, Cleveland will be the team to continue it.

Spurs in 5. Get over yourself.

davidpuddy1
06-09-2007, 12:56 PM
spurs will win all home games,and will win 1 in Cleveland.Sorry Dude,Spurs in 6.

This is MOST likely what will happen. However, if the cavs win tomorrow it will probably go 7.

Cavs in 5? Highly unlikely.

The Cavs have a chance for sure, but the Spurs are heavily favored for a reason.

CavsFan
06-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Cavs in 5

Another stupid post by an idiot Cavs Fan.

Please rest assured that not all Cavs Fan are this stupid.

I noticed in the Game Thread from game one there were some Cavs fans talking crap but disappeared predictably when the Spurs pulled ahead. I posted in that thread and I'll state here that I hate when idiot fans from the opposing team talk crap then run with their tails between their legs when they have to eat crow.

I have been a Cavs Fan all my life and would like nothing more than a victory in this Finals, but to make a stupid prediction like we're going to win the next four (on the SPURS MESSAGE BOARD) smacks of immaturity.

Go Cavs.

RC's Boss
06-09-2007, 01:15 PM

smrattler
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I love these threads of promises and "book it" victories guys come and make. Then they're eliminated and everyone forgets.

LOL @ Cavs in 5!!!

ClingingMars
06-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Yet another idiotic Cavs troll to put on my ignore list.

Spurs in 5

-Mars

FreeMad Dan
06-09-2007, 03:03 PM

Cavs in 5

:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep Ya unoriginal bastard...when is a cavs fan gonna bring something new to the table?

Fast Dunk
06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you..

The 2-3-2 format is a blessing in disguise for the road team.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Cavs in 5...7...9

We've seen your type before.

spursfan09
06-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you..

The 2-3-2 format is a blessing in disguise for the road team.

Um not really all SA has to do is win one road game and they still have the 2 closeout games at home

Fast Dunk
06-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Um not really all SA has to do is win one road game and they still have the 2 closeout games at home

They still have to win Game 2

itzsoweezee
06-09-2007, 03:40 PM
that's cool. you just better not disappear after game 2. i expect to see you on here on monday.

Fast Dunk
06-09-2007, 03:50 PM
that's cool. you just better not disappear after game 2. i expect to see you on here on monday.

I'll be here, sure, but I don't want to hear the Spurs lost because Parker was "injured"

EVAY
06-09-2007, 04:39 PM

we will sweep the 3 middle games, The Heat did it against the Mavs last year, Detroit did it in 2004 against the Lakers...

Cavs in 5
I worry a lot about this...but your team is really going to have to pick it up a lot to accomplishit all, and I think there is NO chance of you doing it in 5. I think that if you win all three in Cleveland (which I worry about because you all play with so much more confidence there than here), you have a chance in a 7 game series...but you have to be realistic yourself...the Spurs are playing much better than Detroit did...you are not going to be able to beat the Spurs like you did Detroit. IF you beat the Spurs in 7...more poerw to you...but don't overreach...you just look non-knowledgeable when you say things like that.

Vito Corleone
06-09-2007, 04:57 PM
It is not out of the relm of possibility for San Antonio to lose tomorrow but if they do I still feel pretty good that they will win 2 games in Cleveland, if the Spurs win tomorrow I feel pretty good that they will still win 2 games in Cleveland. The Spurs are the best road team in the league and they do know how to close out games and teams in elimination games.

Clutch20
06-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Contrary to what many people think........

Going out on a limb for your team like you're doing FastDunk is not unheard of.
That's your right.
Our team is is all about creating paradigm shifts in thought.
What is conjecture, heresay and wishful thinking about the outcome of the first game of a finals becomes a hollow echo the next morning as disbelief courses through the pysche of the vanquished.
Heads shake and denial then begins to take root through the coping mechanism of listing reasons for the loss, from a through z.

After a second game loss, a different kind of shock sets in. It makes the losing side then want to draw the wagons in a circle, bring the wounded warriors home and restart the whole process of bolstering confidence neighbor to neighbor, radio to newspaper, PR spokeperson through the news outlets and lastly the community at large asorbing the wave of optimism and sounding the rally cry.

Then the colors of silver and black courses in through the city. Such a contrasting set of colors tell their own story. Silver for purity of purpose and degree of unification, black for the absence of apathy, passiveness, empathy, and mercy.

The fate of the beleagured and hapless team is in it's own hands at the start of the next contest. A concerted effort is put forth by the squad that has been knocked back on it's heels and some progress is made.

It's only a deceptive lull, created premeditatively by the black & silver.

Ever so slowly the noose is tightened around the opposition and their eyes tell a story. That's when they communicate a feeling of dread, nervousness and inadequacy.

The paradigm shift?

It certainly doesn't occur in the losing teams's mind, they are there in the midst of the previous battles and have grudgingly accepted their fate days before.

The shift occurs in the minds and attitudes of the townfolk, just right before the final buzzer of the 3rd loss.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
:clap

Oh, oh....I know why.

Witness.
:clap

Diesel
06-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I still can't believe the Cavs are in the Finals.

Worst Finals team of all-time for sure.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll be here, sure, but I don't want to hear the Spurs lost because Parker was "injured"
Spurs in 5. Deal with it. :toast

Dirk Nowitzki
06-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Cavs in 5

:clap :clap :clap :clap

smrattler
06-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Dirk clapping? Hehehe, that can't be a good sign for the Cavs.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Dirk clapping? Hehehe, that can't be a good sign for the Cavs.
:wtf :wtf WHY? When the Cavs kick your sorry old asses tomarrow you will be bowing down to me! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I still can't believe the Cavs are in the Finals.

Worst Finals team of all-time for sure.Could you imagine what the Spurs would do to the 01 Sixers?

ducks
06-09-2007, 09:16 PM
atleast some cav fans are calling out immature cavs fans now

Don Quixote
06-09-2007, 09:20 PM
No ... the Cavs are not done ... getting owned!

Spurs in a sweep.

Obstructed_View
06-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I'll believe they aren't done as soon as they win a game.

Don Quixote
06-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Could you imagine what the Spurs would do to the 01 Sixers?

Interesting question. The 01 Sixers were equally talentless, but at least had a great coach, Larry Brown. Not a great guy, but a great coach. So that by itself would likely net them one win, assuming they're playing the 07 Spurs.

Now, the 01 Spurs, who hung in against the Lakers for a whole 22 minutes, might have had more problems. They started Terry Porter at PG with Avery backing him up. If I'm not mistaken, Derek Anderson was at the 2, but had been injured by the Juwan Howard foul, so that position was being held by Antonio Daniels. Sean was on his last legs at SF, and of course we had David & Tim. The bench consisted of Malik, Spider Smith, and not much else.

Still, that team won 58 games in the West, so it might have been a good series.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
The Cavs weren't able to slow down the Big 3 at all. The Spurs outrebounded them by double digits and shot 45% from the field and 38% from beyond the arc on their supposedly great defense. In Game 2, the Cavs have a lot more to do than simply 'James scoring more'.

cherylsteele
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
:clap :clap :clap :clap
You are nothing but a bandwagoner.
Weren't you a fan of the Suns, Spurs, Mavs, and now Cavs?

duncan228
06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
You are nothing but a bandwagoner.
Weren't you a fan of the Suns, Spurs, Mavs, and now Cavs?

He's a Mavs fan.
When they went out he began to root for any team playing the Spurs.
He tried to root for the Spurs briefly as a reverse curse but he couldn't stick with it.

His worst nightmare (after the Mavs flamed out) is watching the Spurs win.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-10-2007, 02:24 AM
He's a Mavs fan.
When they went out he began to root for any team playing the Spurs.
He tried to root for the Spurs briefly as a reverse curse but he couldn't stick with it.

His worst nightmare (after the Mavs flamed out) is watching the Spurs win.

My nightmare wont become a reality. My Cavs are going to kick those asses tomorrow night!! Lets go Cavs! :clap

rasho8
06-10-2007, 03:35 AM
You dumbfuck. Its no wonder Spurs fans are giving us so much shit right now. You really think that the Cavs are going to sweep the Spurs at this point? Lets hope for one win to start, and go from there.

There ya go Cavs fan. One game at a time. Thats how to Spurs play it here where it started... and thats how Spurs-East need to play it as well.... righ before they get eliminated in 5-6 games.

I see the Cavs winning the ring in 3-4 years when LeBron is all growed up and he actually has another great player. Hughs and Tittie or whatever his name is arent it. Sideshow Flopper isnt it.

LeBron needs his Pippin to win it all.