PDA

View Full Version : Cavs fans fuming about "pro-Spurs" game telecast

player_twister
06-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I remember how mad we get when we don't get enough coverage. Cavs fans were pretty mad on thursday about their coverage. There is also a Video from there Evening News Broadcast.

See the Video here
http://sanantonio.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=sanantonio&cdn=citiestowns&tm=1111&gps=88_293_1020_606&f=00&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.spursreport.com/

Cavs fans fuming about "pro-Spurs" game telecast
Wire Reports - Excerpt from WKYC-TV
Saturday, June 09, 2007

In Cleveland, fans are venting about "pro-Spurs" coverage on network television.

Their hometown Cavaliers are in the NBA Championship dance for the first time in team history, but many locals who watched Game One coverage on ABC wondered why Cleveland was getting the cold shoulder.

Cavs fan, Sean McLaughlin complained that "ABC was almost overboard San Antonio."

On local sports talk radio, the lack of respect from the network was a hot button Friday afternoon.

Mark "Munch" Bishop, was on location in Willoughby. He said, "I've got a bone to pick with ESPN and ABC. You better show some Cleveland highlights. Let's show our coach walking down Gateway or the Warehouse District. Or how about our coach on vacation on the beach with somebody?"

One video clip that sent Cavs fans into a wine and gold lather was the segment featuring Spurs coach Gregg Popovich waxing poetically about his star, Tim Duncan. The video showed the two of them on the sandy beach in St. Croix in the Virgin Islands.

Cavs fan, Eward Klineman, said "my wife and I thought it was a little strange. That Popovich and Duncan beach scene was a little off kilter. I didn't like it at all. "

Jenae Respress added, "they did the interview with the Tim Duncan. They mentioned nothing really on Cleveland, nothing on LeBron other than about how bad his play was. And he pretty much didn't show up for the day. But it was pretty one sided."

In Independence, Dave Recke, said, "t just makes you feel a little bitter. Its the first time we've had anything big and we're being thrown to the sides."

Dolores Tabb was at the Giant Eagle store in Legacy Village to pick up her tickets to watch the game inside the "Q".

She told WKYC-TV, "Oh, we will settle this on the court. No matter what ABC does!"

FreeMad Dan
06-09-2007, 02:22 PM
:rolleyes Maybe if they gave them something to highlight they would give them more coverage.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2007, 02:24 PM
lebronfans are complaining about a lack of media attention?

BruceBowenFan
06-09-2007, 02:25 PM
strange from what i recall on thursday afternoon on espn they where showing anything about the cavaliers mainly lebron james dunking over tim duncan i have no idea what they are crying about

midgetonadonkey
The Pop and Duncan on the beach thing was a little fruity.

Trainwreck2100
Maybe if they were in the finals more they'd know that the pro cavs halftime crap would prob air during Game 3 when they are at home.

itzsoweezee
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
the cavs haven't done shit over the history of that franchise. they got a cakewalk to the finals. why the hell should anyone be saying anything about the cavs? because they have 4-for-16 lebronze on the team? fuck those entitled wannabees.

IceColdBrewski
06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh boo friggin hoo. What have the Cavs done to get any respect? Win the Leastern Conference Championship? Big deal.

Try playing the Lakers in a playoff series sometime. You're lucky to get any coverage at all.

Win a Championship, and then you'll get some respect. Until then, go cry in your beer.

dbreiden83080
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Talk about lame ass shit to whine about. The media did nothing but kiss your asses heading into the series non-stop. Lebron this and that he is the next Jordan, although the public does not seem to think so given the ratings. Of course they are going to talk about Duncan and Pop and the Spurs more in game 1. They are in their 4th finals in 9 years and Duncan is on the verge of becoming an immortal player in NBA history. They have been together for 10 years and the piece that went over their history was great and not at all out of place.

dbreiden83080
06-09-2007, 02:39 PM
The Pop and Duncan on the beach thing was a little fruity.

You have never gone to the beach with another guy before. :rolleyes

ClingingMars
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I liked the story about Duncan and Pop. In a time of free agency and change, relationships like that are rare.

-Mars

word
06-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe if they were in the finals more they'd know that the pro cavs halftime crap would prob air during Game 3 when they are at home.

Bingo !!

Extra Stout
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
So 90-10 coverage in favor of the Cavs isn't enough. Gotcha, Cleveland.

Dave McNulla
06-09-2007, 02:58 PM
i thought they took turns on who to highlight in interviews. i'll bet they show a lebron thing on sunday and the cav supporters will think it's a reaction, not the original plan.

they should try to be realistic about coverage. it's reflective on what people expect. lakers were getting all the love in 2001-2003. they earned it - of course the average spurs fan was upset over that.

Clutch20
06-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, how rude, let's collect all the company charge cards from those media bullies and make them pay their own way around........ BTW, isn't ABC broadcasting the next game HiDef to Cleveland but not San Antonio? Waaaaahhhhhh :cry

EVAY
06-09-2007, 03:00 PM
In Cleveland, fans are venting about "pro-Spurs" coverage on network television.

Their hometown Cavaliers are in the NBA Championship dance for the first time in team history, but many locals who watched Game One coverage on ABC wondered why Cleveland was getting the cold shoulder.

Cavs fan, Sean McLaughlin complained that "ABC was almost overboard San Antonio."

On local sports talk radio, the lack of respect from the network was a hot button Friday afternoon.

Mark "Munch" Bishop, was on location in Willoughby. He said, "I've got a bone to pick with ESPN and ABC. You better show some Cleveland highlights. Let's show our coach walking down Gateway or the Warehouse District. Or how about our coach on vacation on the beach with somebody?"

One video clip that sent Cavs fans into a wine and gold lather was the segment featuring Spurs coach Gregg Popovich waxing poetically about his star, Tim Duncan. The video showed the two of them on the sandy beach in St. Croix in the Virgin Islands.

Cavs fan, Eward Klineman, said "my wife and I thought it was a little strange. That Popovich and Duncan beach scene was a little off kilter. I didn't like it at all. "

Jenae Respress added, "they did the interview with the Tim Duncan. They mentioned nothing really on Cleveland, nothing on LeBron other than about how bad his play was. And he pretty much didn't show up for the day. But it was pretty one sided."

In Independence, Dave Recke, said, "t just makes you feel a little bitter. Its the first time we've had anything big and we're being thrown to the sides."

Dolores Tabb was at the Giant Eagle store in Legacy Village to pick up her tickets to watch the game inside the "Q".

She told WKYC-TV, "Oh, we will settle this on the court. No matter what ABC does!"[/B]
The third game will be in Cleveland, and the coverage will be all about the cavs. The cleveland fans just haven't experienced this before. Maybe they alwo failed to notice that the pregame show was virtually all LeBron, and the interviews with spurs were questions about LeBron. They'll get it after a while.

Fast Dunk
06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
ABC usually covers the half time show featuring the home team.

This won't change in Game 2 when they keep covering the Spurs.

Games 3, 4 and 5 will be all Cavs..

I don't even understand why Cavs fans are crying about this issue.

ClingingMars
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Ya'll get 3-D at the Q. Quit fucking complaining.

-Mars

midgetonadonkey
06-09-2007, 03:13 PM
You have never gone to the beach with another guy before. :rolleyes

No, I haven't.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Funny shit.

Ya Vez
06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
dam.. I thought this was about the game on the court... not the media circus surrounding it..

Dave McNulla
06-09-2007, 03:24 PM
No, I haven't.
duncan's girlfriend was there too, you can see her blond hair.

Sweetey
06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Queen LeBroom needs to show up if those clowns up there want more coverage. He's a one-man show that hasn't shown anything yet.

Johnny RIngo
06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
So 90-10 coverage in favor of the Cavs isn't enough. Gotcha, Cleveland.

QFT

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2007, 03:29 PM
the highlight of this article is that this guy is a tool

Spurs16212
06-09-2007, 03:30 PM
ABC pro-San Antonio.... please.... I guess it took us to get three rings before we get some sort of respect. ABC and ESPN always talk about how San Antonio is under appreciated for their talent and teamwork....

If Cleveland is so worried about getting some sort of coverage, then go watch ESPN's top ten plays... Usually they are going ga-ga for LeBron's wicked dunks or go out and win yourselfs a ring to earn some respect....

Creation88
06-09-2007, 03:32 PM
now i've heard it all.

dbreiden83080
06-09-2007, 03:42 PM
No, I haven't.

What are you being held captive or something??

HJNTX
06-09-2007, 03:50 PM
This just goes to show you why "eyewitnesses," are not reliable sources ..Look at the difference in how the SPUR's fans and the CAV's fans view the same telecast.. I will say, they gave more props than they usually do to the SPURS, but it was still all about LeBron until they saw he was basically shutdown and they had to give credit where credit's due ..

Go For Tree
06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
all the hype is been about the cavs(lebron). how many times have we had to see that embarrassing dunk he had on tim in the last week. they got all the coverage and marc jackson should get off his knees because hes blowing the telecast.

judaspriestess
06-09-2007, 05:16 PM

I'm sure the network had a similar story for the calves. They showed the story for the team who seemed to be winning the game.

Kinda like printing tshirts and baseball caps with either team winning the championship. Get over yourselves calves fans.

Shaolin-Style
06-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm sure someone else has said it already but I couldn't stop hearing anything and everything about Lebron leading up until game 1, and still hear a ton about leading to game 2 just it's more balanced now. The guy has a horrible game and finally they are FORCED to talk up San Antonio, something they didn't want to do but had to.

SA210
06-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I liked the story about Duncan and Pop. In a time of free agency and change, relationships like that are rare.

-Mars
It was a great story. Loved it.

SpursFanFirst
06-09-2007, 07:31 PM
This was an old package they'd aired earlier in the year...but, it was a good one, and I enjoyed watching it again.

Like others have said, most of the talk leading up to the game was about Cleveland and LeBron...and it will be again once they move back to Cleveland.

Avitus1
06-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh my the Cavs aren't getting media coverage? Maybe LeBron is stealing all of there coverage too? Or maybe its cause THEY NOT PLAYING IN CLEVELAND YET! Though to be honest what can they say about Cleveland that will be entertaining?

"The Drew Carey Show was shot here, and it sucked."

BlackFlagg
06-09-2007, 07:35 PM
it was still all about LeBron until they saw he was basically shutdown and they had to give credit where credit's due ..

YUP!!!!

ChumpDumper
06-09-2007, 07:43 PM
The Cavs will have their halftime features WHEN THEY PLAY IN CLEVELAND.

duh.

Mt.Spur
06-09-2007, 07:52 PM
rofl@lady in the video saying " all they kept showing was san antonio scoring"
lmao well bitch thats what was happening!

Johnny RIngo
06-09-2007, 07:53 PM

lol

Obstructed_View
06-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I guess she should probably tune in to ESPN where they've been showing Lebron's four field goals over and over making it look like he scored 70 points every time there's a story about the finals. :lol

AlamoSpursFan
06-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Anybody else write that yin-yang reporter yet?

vDate: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 18:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Spurs-Cavs TV coverage
To: [email protected]

Hey Mike,

I found your story about the Cavs' fans and their whining about too much Spurs coverage a little "off kilter". Maybe your interviewees were too busy watching a Drew Carey show rerun to tune into the beginning of the broadcast, which was a great big disgusting sloppy wet LBJ kiss. And perhaps y'all haven't tuned in to much Finals coverage over the last, what, 37 years? But the features interspersed throughout the broadcasts usually run about 90% for the home team, which after one more loss tomorrow night, the Cavs will be.

Don't worry, it's safe to say that the Cavs will be in many NBA Finals to come (after they lose this one), so tell your citizenry up there to "act like they've been there before" even though we all know they haven't.

ASF

AlamoSpursFan
06-09-2007, 08:17 PM
SHIT! Somehow I managed to delete my line about the scoring highlights still being Spurs heavy....

Damn the luck!

:lol

iflyabeech
06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.dirtyspurs.com/images/pissoncavs.jpg

iflyabeech
06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Thats pretty gay.....The got their ass handed to them and had no freaking highlights

Obstructed_View
06-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Thats pretty gay.....The got their ass handed to them and had no freaking highlights
I guess they are mad because in addition to ESPN showing Lebron's two layups four times each they added a clip of Duncan rejecting his ass. When you are used to 100 percent coverage, I guess having it drop to 90 percent is a slap in the face.

Jelly
06-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I was surprised at the amount of love the announcers and commentators were showing the Spurs. I don't think I've ever seen that before. They were gushing over the Spurs they way they normally gush over the Suns, Lebron and the Mavs. It's a little late, but nice to see. I was thrilled at the background Spurs stories and interviews they showed. That kind of attention is long overdue.
When they go to Cleveland - provided they're not still getting spanked - the Cavs will get similar praise. Cav fan complaints are pretty petty after one game, especially considering how poorly their team was playing. They just got spoiled with all the over the top praise and publicity for "King James" that the media has been force feeding us for the past year and especially in these past two weeks.

LilMissSPURfect
06-10-2007, 12:46 AM
"GET in line and earn your stripes bitch"

Vingianx
06-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Cleveland should thank Lebron for stealing the spotlight from the Cavs.

SpursStillTippin
06-10-2007, 03:28 AM
oh cry me a fucking river (a dirty river) the whole week before the shit kicked off it was lebron's dunk on duncan this and lebron's dunk on duncan that. and what highlights would they have showed on the cavs there were none! Lebron and his group of flunkies got the whole week of media attention i knew once it got started it would be all Spurs.............and it is. take the backseat and just be happy you're on the ride.

HJNTX
06-10-2007, 07:44 AM

:rollin There sure are some DAs out there, right?

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 09:32 PM
:spin

player_twister
06-10-2007, 09:40 PM
You think they were fuming on thursday? Today it's Tony, Eva in Paris, ha ha ha. I can't wait to see Cavfans response. uh oh, second half is starting. Back later.

conversekid
06-10-2007, 10:51 PM
they always run specials about the home team. next game will be about lebron being a queen... errr... king... and how to properly witness... etc.. etc..

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-10-2007, 11:39 PM
ABC usually covers the half time show featuring the home team.

This won't change in Game 2 when they keep covering the Spurs.

Games 3, 4 and 5 will be all Cavs..

I don't even understand why Cavs fans are crying about this issue.
Yeah, way to embarrass themselves. And then once they show the Halftime coverage featuring Cavs player, most likely Lebron on Tuesday, they'll be thinking that their whining made a difference, and have a sense of false vindication.

What a bunch of immature morons.

timmydidit
06-10-2007, 11:50 PM
cuz we all know lebron is attention deprived...

Tek_XX
06-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Somebody should tell the Lebroneirs fans that this ain't you local yocal homer broadcast on cable.