PDA

View Full Version : Chris Duhon

Spurs16212
06-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Word is from The Windy City is that Chris Duhon is on the trading block and could be had at a cheap price perhaps maybe for a second rounder. Could this be a solid backup for Tony Parker and perhaps we trade the rights to Luis Scola.

Ten or more teams have expressed interest in Luis Scola but only have offered second round picks for Scola which does not spark the Spurs interest. But if Duhon is part of a deal would that sway the Spurs?

Source... www.hoopshype.com

itzsoweezee
06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
i don't understand the scola hate. dude way more upside than duhon, nocioni, or any other player people want for him. keep him. play him. the spurs need young scorers.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Scola will be with the Spurs next season, if not the Spurs also know his value and unless they get someone like Noc from the Bulls or other teams. Scola isn't being traded

Spurs16212
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Its not me that hates Scola and matter of fact I have tremendous respect for him and wish for him to have the opportunity to play with the Spurs but if the Spurs were going to trade him I think they should get someone that has quality skills.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Arg fan "don't trade Luis Scola"

Spurs16212
06-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Any word on Oberto resigning.... There are rumors as well that a European team is attempting to snag him from the Spurs...

If Scola does come down... How much do the Spurs give him? Is Bonner not coming back or Melvin Ely or both....

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Any word on Oberto resigning.... There are rumors as well that a European team is attempting to snag him from the Spurs...

If Scola does come down... How much do the Spurs give him? Is Bonner not coming back or Melvin Ely or both....

Ely is this year's Bateer. Bonner they will prob. try to sign.

ggoose25
06-09-2007, 02:53 PM
i'm a little biased since I've never seen Scola play and loving Duhon since I was at Duke, but I think that would be a great trade.

We are overloaded with big men as it is and have been looking for a solid young backup pg for the last 4 years.

Duhon is athletic, hits the open 3, can pass, and is a hustle player.

Bruno
06-09-2007, 03:05 PM
So you want to trade Scola ,who is on of the best player in europe, for a backup PG, who is worse than Vaughn and who has alcohol troubles ?

whottt
06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Ya Duhon sucks...

I rather Beno.

ggoose25
06-09-2007, 03:22 PM
yeah. id rather trade for duhon and a draft pick. We'd be getting some youth in the backcourt instead of someone we dont know would necessarily fit with the Spurs.

Scola is probably a great player, but I would rather have a backup to Parker and another slashing guard that can hit threes since Ginobili,Fins,Barry aren't getting any younger.

Spurs16212
06-09-2007, 03:25 PM
True Bruno... point well made but I only brought this up because the Spurs have not expressed interest in bringing Scola in... so might as well try to get a return for him while he is some what young. He is I believe in his mid to late twenties already. You do not want to wait too long before no one is interested and you end up with a wasted draft pick....

Like I said, I like Scola and I wish for him to have the opportunity to be in silver and black next season but I know we are not getting a superstar for Scola and I thought Duhon would be an interesting choice.... Vaughn has been good in the season but has not been a asset in the playoffs.

Bruno
06-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Vaughn has been good in the season but has not been a asset in the playoffs.

Duhon has been worse than Vaughn during the playoffs. Just check his playoffs stats.

I have nothing against trading Scola but not for a backup PG who is worse than Vaughn.

Big P
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Scola is worth more than Duhon alone..if Duhon were part of a Scola/Barry/Beno/Butler for Nocioni/Duhon trade, I'd be down.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2007, 05:21 PM
if the dude(scola) could hit free throws above 75%...he would be in SA right now.

That was one of the funniest post ever. Scola not being in SA doesn't have anything to do with FTs.