PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fan Coach T on Manu

****allaboutspurs***
06-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Spurs fan Coach T on Manu Mania
Like many other Spurs fans, I became interested in the team when David Robinson came to town. I take great joy in seeing this team be successful because they have been built with class. The Spurs players don't run or hide from being role models. In fact, they embrace it. I often use them as examples in my line of work because I am a school teacher. Go Spurs Go!!

Here is Coach T's take on Manu Mania 1

In my opinion, Manu Ginobili is the most interesting and exciting player in the league. People seem to either love him or hate him.

Some say he does nothing but flop, while others say he is a top five player in the NBA. Whichever side you are on, one thing is clear... he is anything but boring. He has done what few stars in this league would ever do when he accepted playing off the bench.

It is nothing short of admirable that a player of his caliber and value would take a back seat, so that the TEAM can sit in the front.

Everyone knows that Manu is normally a starter, but Coach Pop decided he would be more valuable coming off the bench when Tony and Tim were close to needing a breather. It is a huge compliment to Manu that Pop trusts him so much that he can let Tony and Tim have a break while Manu takes over. And Manu is so good that he keeps the team in attack mode even with Tony and Tim on the bench.

Some people have seen it as an insult to Manu to come off the bench, but I see it as a clear compliment. During important parts of games (crunch time, ends of quarters, etc..) Manu will be in the game and will likely be running the plays. The bottom line is that Coach Pop has so much trust in Manu that he will have the ball in his hands when a game is on the line.

Manu's humility and sacrificial attitude have earned him the respect of his teammates as well as the whole coaching staff. It is no wonder that he is so popular here in San Antonio among Spurs fans. And while many fans from other cities point out "flops", Manu may be the guy they fear the most when their team plays against the Spurs.

Coach Pop said that Manu is the most competitive player he has ever been around. It is obvious that Manu is "in it to win it" and is healthy. That is a dangerous mix for any opponent (currently the Cavs).

Manu does it all. Whether it is taking a timely charge, getting a needed steal, scoring a timely three, hitting clutch free throws, or sacrificing his pride.

Some Spurs commentators have recently stated they would trade away both Manu and Tony Parker for Kobe Bryant if the Lakers were willing (because Kobe initially said that he wanted to be traded). I am sure the Lakers would be willing to make that trade in a heart beat! But as for me? I wouldn't trade Manu alone for Kobe Bryant.

Yes, Manu is that kind of player and that kind of person! Our friends in Argentina know that all too well. Don't get me wrong, Kobe Bryant is an outstanding player in this league. But here in San Antonio, Manu Ginobili is a perfect fit, and "Manu Mania" rocks on...

Go Spurs Go!!

ClingingMars
06-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Ginobiliiiii rocks

-Mars

****allaboutspurs***
06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/cavs/2007/06/spurs_fan_coach_t_on_manu_mani.html

LilMissSPURfect
06-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I like him!

WalterBenitez
06-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Wherever Manu's nose points Spurs will go :blah