PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Tim Duncan for Greg Oden?

The_Game
06-10-2007, 06:17 AM
This summer if you could?

trading for Oden makes Spurs a dynasty most likely for 10+ years. With Duncan the Spurs will remain this good for at least 3 to 4.

Any thoughts?

ZStomp
06-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I don't believe in dumping a franchise player for someone who is good "right now".

Loyalty. TD stayed here when he could have left. So no.

that being said..hell no...not for someone who hasn't stepped foot on an NBA floor.

SRJ
06-10-2007, 06:24 AM
I love Oden's game and his potential. He'll be Dikembe Mutombo on one end, Artis Gilmore on the other.

But my answer to your question is "no way in hell".

Its already over
06-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Your just saying that because you know saying something like that about Duncan would seem "wrong" when infact if you really thought about it.. trading for Oden would be the best thing that could happen. Anyways that being said no one in the right mind would trade Oden anyways so who cares.

MrChug
06-10-2007, 06:30 AM
This is good. I needed that. Thanks!

:lmao

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-10-2007, 06:35 AM
you guys might not, but Holt would :smokin

HJNTX
06-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Uhhhhh... let me think........... HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes

AlamoSpursFan
06-10-2007, 07:03 AM

I'll bet he wouldn't.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2007, 07:26 AM
i rather have a chance of winning next 3-4 yrs till duncan is gone than go with ODEN who wont be able to come in and make us win now.

mbass
06-10-2007, 07:29 AM
i rather have a chance of winning next 3-4 yrs till duncan is gone than go with ODEN who wont be able to come in and make us win now.

Oden is NOT a proven NBA player - Duncan certainly is. And then there is the loyalty issue - Duncan will retire a Spur just like Robinson.

MrChug
06-10-2007, 07:34 AM

Yes because he's such a MOVER...and spoken like a true unknowledgeable moron, err Nuggets fan--it's not his decision. :bang

HJNTX
06-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Oden is NOT a proven NBA player - Duncan certainly is. And then there is the loyalty issue - Duncan will retire a Spur just like Robinson.
:clap

Man of Steel
06-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Oden will not have half the success that Tim Duncan has had.

So--fuck no!

JamStone
06-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I don't think Portland would either. Only player they'd probably trade Oden for is LeBron. Longterm evaluation would make it a very unprudent business move on the part of Portland to make such a trade.

Obstructed_View
06-10-2007, 08:12 AM
No way.

Borosai
06-10-2007, 08:15 AM
No.

Timmy!
06-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Trade the best bigman in the game who took us to 4 finals for a 40-year old unproven rookie?

Clutch20
06-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Greg Oden is an unproven. Tim Duncan is so economical with his game efforts that there is another and even 2 more serious Finals runs left on his warranty.

Just for fun here are some quotes from back in the days.......

1999 - Coach Popovich:
After watching Tim Duncan lead the San Antonio Spurs to their first NBA championship in 1999, coach Gregg Popovich, aiming for perspective, simply said of his then-23-year-old superstar, "He's probably a little young to be a legend yet."

2003 - Coach Popovich:
"He's a very mature individual who understands what needs to be done," Popovich said after Wednesday's 101-95 win. "It's just who he is. It's what makes him so special."

2003 - Duncan after game 4 loss to Nets:
(Coming off Game 4, the Spurs' only loss in the series, in which he scored 15 points and was 3-for-12 from the free throw line, Duncan was determined not to be what he called "a hindrance" again.)
"I knew I had to put together a better performance," he said. "I didn't want to have one of those (games) again. I wanted to put together a better game, give our team a chance to win. I just don't like playing bad games. And when I do, I love to have a bounce-back game and put a performance together. ... You get in situations where you are in a bad game, and I am as guilty as anyone (of) getting down on myself and not playing through the entire game. I do need to get better at that, but at the same time I am what I am."
(The Spurs responded with a big quarter, building a 13-point lead, and never trailed after that.)

2003 - Steve Nash:
"His ultimate goal is always winning," Suns point guard and league MVP Steve Nash said. "There's never any ulterior motive, and I think that's very admirable in our business today."

duncan228
06-10-2007, 09:32 AM
No.

E20
06-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Uh........No.

exstatic
06-10-2007, 09:39 AM
There are people three or four years ago who would have pulled the trigger on a Tim for Amare deal. You just never know when someone's going to turn out to be a total dumbass, have a damaged knee, or both.

Avitus1
06-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Hah! Sure and also I'd Trade Duncan for a million cajillion dollars.

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Hell no.

TampaDude
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM

trading for Oden makes Spurs a dynasty most likely for 10+ years. With Duncan the Spurs will remain this good for at least 3 to 4.

Any thoughts?

No.

Fucking.

Way.

BigBeezie
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't trade Duncan for Kobe in his prime or Steve Nash in his prime. Tim Duncan is the ultimate winner and a true professional. I don't think Oden will ever compare to Duncan.

exstatic
06-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't trade Duncan for Kobe in his prime or Steve Nash in his prime. Tim Duncan is the ultimate winner and a true professional. I don't think Oden will ever compare to Duncan.
Oh, I think he could. It's just a matter of will he?

The thing about Tim is that he's an NBA caliber athlete, and yet at the same time, I'm convinced he's probably MENSA class, intelligence wise. He knows what the other team is trying to do defensively on almost every play, and he knows it in about half a second, and he makes the right play, either pass or score.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Why are the Spurs worried about 2011, again?

The Spurs are 3 wins away from their 3rd championship in the last 5 years with the core of TD/TP/Manu and they should blow it up for someone who might be really good, someday? Do Spurs fans not realize what they have?

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Before I forget, some of you need to lookup TD's birth date again. He's 31, not 35. His game is not based primarily on athleticism but rather positioning, judgment, and pace. He should be able to play at a high level for the next 5 years. That's half a decade of a proven championship player and system. I'm not even sure why I have responded to this thread other than for the fact that I am shocked that I would even see such a stupid hypothetical posed in this forum by a Spurs fan.

ForeignFan
06-10-2007, 10:51 AM
no way !

spursfan09
06-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Is this forreal?

BlackFlagg
06-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Hell NO.

ClingingMars
06-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Fuck no, Oden might turn out to be a bust, we KNOW that Duncan is a HOF

also, he's the face of the Spurs franchise...you don't just trade someone like that away.

-Mars

twentyone
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Before I forget, some of you need to lookup TD's birth date again. He's 31, not 35. His game is not based primarily on athleticism but rather positioning, judgment, and pace. He should be able to play at a high level for the next 5 years. That's half a decade of a proven championship player and system. I'm not even sure why I have responded to this thread other than for the fact that I am shocked that I would even see such a stupid hypothetical posed in this forum by a Spurs fan.

And let's not forget, against a guy (Oden) that hasn't played a game in the NBA yet. This thread is worthless.

zrinkill
06-10-2007, 11:45 AM
no

GrandeDavid
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I would not trade Duncan. Let's see how good Oden actually becomes in the NBA.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2007, 11:58 AM
This post was supposed to be a joke, right?

The_Game
06-10-2007, 12:04 PM
This post was supposed to be a joke, right?

Not It was designed to get something new to be disussed. To take the focus off the finals for a little bit.

I think It's a fair question. Obviously Duncan will never be traded but Oden could be the next big thing for 10-15 years. As Lakers found out having success is good but you should always look towards the future.

Mr Brown
06-10-2007, 12:06 PM
No

Cavaliers Rule
06-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Coming from a tried and true Cavs fan, you must be joking. The General Manager that approves a deal of Duncan for Oden should be made to read Mars threads for eternity. That would be a bad deal for SA. Duncan is the best there ever was. Oden, although talented, is still unproven. Duncan still has about 4 good years left.

ClingingMars
06-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Coming from a tried and true Cavs fan, you must be joking. The General Manager that approves a deal of Duncan for Oden should be made to read Mars threads for eternity. That would be a bad deal for SA. Duncan is the best there ever was. Oden, although talented, is still unproven. Duncan still has about 4 good years left.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Now you can't go a post without insulting me?

-Mars

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2007, 12:37 PM
The Spurs wouldn't win a title with Oden, not a chance. By the time he gets to be good in this league, Manu will be old, Bruce, Finley, Horry, all possibly retired. And thats IF, ... IF Oden establishes himself as a great player in the NBA. IF he does, it'll definitely take a few seasons. And he will NEVER be as good as Tim Duncan.

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2007, 12:38 PM
-ALVAREZ

ClingingMars
06-10-2007, 12:39 PM
-ALVAREZ

<3

-Mars

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Not It was designed to get something new to be disussed. To take the focus off the finals for a little bit.

I think It's a fair question. Obviously Duncan will never be traded but Oden could be the next big thing for 10-15 years. As Lakers found out having success is good but you should always look towards the future.

It's not a fair question, it's a stupid thing.

You want to trade a proven commodity (best PF of all time) for someone who for all we know could turn into the next Kwame Brown.

Fuck no.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
06-10-2007, 01:28 PM
If were removing morality from the equation still no because he's unproven. Maybe Dwite though if were talking from a strictly business standpoint.

J.T.
06-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Anyone who would trade Duncan for Oden is a worthless idiot and should give back their Spurs Fan Club cards. You would throw away 4 championships for a hyped up rookie. In the words of Red Forman, "Dumbass!"

BWJACKETS
06-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Your just saying that because you know saying something like that about Duncan would seem "wrong" when infact if you really thought about it.. trading for Oden would be the best thing that could happen. Anyways that being said no one in the right mind would trade Oden anyways so who cares.

Come to think about it, Oden does seem like he really would be a San Antonio kind of guy, unselfish and likes to stay out of the spotlight.

ATXSPUR
06-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Only a moron would trade duncan for oden. By the way I am more convinced that Durant will turn out better than oden.

spurs1990
06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Trade Duncan for Oden, followed by Ginobili and Parker for Kobe.

Udrih
Bryant
Finley
Oberto
Oden

tim_duncan_fan
06-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Any thoughts?

Would you trade a house for a ham sandwich?

td4mvp21
06-10-2007, 03:00 PM
What the hell is up with all of these stupid threads the last couple of days?

Yeah, let's trade our foundation for a guy who hasn't even played in an NBA game yet!

MadDog73
06-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I can only hope this is a joke:

Jazz > Spurs

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54087

Then again, this dumbass may actually believe it.

SRJ
06-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Why do some of you get so mad at this?

The OP isn't RC Buford, nor is he Peter Holt. He's just a sap like us putting something out there.

I definitely wouldn't do that trade, but jeez. Calm down.

BTW, Oden is going to just dominate the league, especially on defense. He may not be as good as Duncan, but you can still win two championships and an MVP without being as good as Duncan. No shame in that.

Brutalis
06-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Trick question? no.

Spurs>mavs
06-10-2007, 03:57 PM
NO :p:

dbreiden83080
06-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Any thoughts?

Dynasty the man has not played a game yet. Remember the can't miss Michael Olowokandi.

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Trade Duncan for Oden, followed by Ginobili and Parker for Kobe.

Udrih
Bryant
Finley
Oberto
Oden
That team is terrible, worse than the current Lakers.

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
BTW, Oden is going to just dominate the league, especially on defense. He may not be as good as Duncan, but you can still win two championships and an MVP without being as good as Duncan. No shame in that.How the fuck do you know?

Sure, players can win championships without being as good as Duncan, but not young players who have to carry a team. Oden, a young player, will not be at his prime for a while, and during that while, who knows where Manu and Tony will be...Manu will be older, Finley, Horry, Bruce, Oberto, Barry...practically the whole Spurs roster will be retired.

GopherSA
06-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Any thoughts?

Not a chance.

Oden will be the Ryan Leaf of the NBA. All hype, not a chance of success. Kevin Durant is this year's Real Deal.

AnkleBreaker21
06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
i want to see oden for 2 years first, then i will tell you that

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2007, 05:16 PM
i want to see oden for 2 years first, then i will tell you thatThat's part of the risk in deciding, you don't have that luxury in the real world.

It's not worth trading the greatest PF of all time for a potentially good NBA starting center.

Texas_Ranger
06-10-2007, 05:25 PM
:lol

O-Factor
06-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Hell No, Why would you trade someone who is unproven for the best PF of All time?

GopherSA
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM

In two years he'll be on his second team. In three years, he'll be on his third.

Budkin
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Nope.

Spurs rock
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM

Any thoughts?

http://i16.tinypic.com/4pyu9uv.gif

Rustyman
06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I actually think this is a legitimate question. Do you trade possibly the best player in the NBA at the top of his game with likely 3-5 more years at the top before serious decline for a player who has the potential to do the same but over a 10-12 year period.

As someone has said before, with the current Spurs team, NO, because the team has been built around Duncan's specific skills and qualities. If the Spurs FO is willing to rebuild the team around Oden, maybe.

Essentially it comes down to proven quality and being a top 4 team over the next 3-5 years with the chance to win a couple more championships versus the potential to be a contender for the next 10-12 years.

I would always go for the proven product and as the Spurs organization seems to be rational and conservative, I think they would do the same thing too.

Fuster
06-10-2007, 07:52 PM
No way you trade a known asset (best asset) for a newbie who is unproven in the league. To explain this, I simply refer y'all to the history of tall players who have been drafted into the NBA and never worked out at all. Some of them were on our Sonics team. Some were elsewhere. There are a lot of them. Being a top draft pick in pro sports does not mean the player will perform at the top of the heap or even survive two seasons, or survive without a long history of injuries. Duncan has no history of "one after the other" injuries, and that by itself makes him worth keeping until he retires.

One pro player who comes to mind who was a top draft pick who did not work out is my most hated player in the NFL, drafted by my Seahawks: Brian Bosworth!!!!!

tlongII
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
We would not trade Oden for Duncan. Maybe LeBron, but it's debatable whether we would do that deal too.

CharlieMac
06-10-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't believe in dumping a franchise player for someone who is good "right now".

Loyalty. TD stayed here when he could have left. So no.

that being said..hell no...not for someone who hasn't stepped foot on an NBA floor.

Yeah, loyalty is a big factor here. I wouldn't trade Timmy for Lebron 3 years from on the loyalty factor alone.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Allow me to rephrase...

FUCK NO.

Fabbs
09-13-2007, 05:01 PM
No.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45570&page=1&pp=26&highlight=trade+Oden

Dalamar_the_Dark
09-13-2007, 11:09 PM
At this point in time, to save all Blazers fans from Bowie 2.0, I will trade Beno Udrih our star point guard for Greg 'I've got a bad knee' Oden.

RC's Boss
09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Oden is not even that damn good. He's just big and all GM's jump on the "next" big man bandwagon. To me, he's slow, gets tired easily and stays in foul trouble. I don't think he'll even be that effective on D. He's a mid-level starting center at best. It won't be much shot blocking this year like he did in college where he's a monstrisity on the court. The Blazers should've taken Durant.

Gummi
09-14-2007, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't trade Duncan for anybody even if it would make the Spurs better in the long run. You don't trade your franchise player that's a proven winner. Even if Greg Oden will play in the league for another 15 years and Duncan only 4-6 years. Duncan has given the city of San Antonio so much that even the thought of trading him is an insult to him and what he has accomplished.

I would rather see the Spurs down for a few seasons after Duncan retires then to trade him in his last seasons for a "future" star. Like the Knicks did to Patrick Ewing, that was disrespectfull by the Knicks.

mavs>spurs2
09-14-2007, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't trade Duncan for anybody even if it would make the Spurs better in the long run. You don't trade your franchise player that's a proven winner. Even if Greg Oden will play in the league for another 15 years and Duncan only 4-6 years. Duncan has given the city of San Antonio so much that even the thought of trading him is an insult to him and what he has accomplished.

I would rather see the Spurs down for a few seasons after Duncan retires then to trade him in his last seasons for a "future" star. Like the Knicks did to Patrick Ewing, that was disrespectfull by the Knicks.

The Knicks did this to Ewing? I always thought he retired after their run in 99.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-14-2007, 04:07 AM
And there was a report that the Blazers turned down the #1 pick for Melo :drunk

I dont believe it was true at all but if it was, then the Blazers management must be kicking themselves for the offers they refused lol

Oden is a good kid and this sucks for him but he is overhyped anyway

picnroll
09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
And there was a report that the Blazers turned down the #1 pick for Melo :drunk

I dont believe it was true at all but if it was, then the Blazers management must be kicking themselves for the offers they refused lol

Oden is a good kid and this sucks for him but he is overhyped anyway
If i was Portland I'd still turn down Oden for Melo.

travis2
09-14-2007, 07:31 AM
2003 - Duncan after game 4 loss to Nets:
(Coming off Game 4, the Spurs' only loss in the series, in which he scored 15 points and was 3-for-12 from the free throw line, Duncan was determined not to be what he called "a hindrance" again.)
"I knew I had to put together a better performance," he said. "I didn't want to have one of those (games) again. I wanted to put together a better game, give our team a chance to win. I just don't like playing bad games. And when I do, I love to have a bounce-back game and put a performance together. ... You get in situations where you are in a bad game, and I am as guilty as anyone (of) getting down on myself and not playing through the entire game. I do need to get better at that, but at the same time I am what I am."
(The Spurs responded with a big quarter, building a 13-point lead, and never trailed after that.)

Ummmmm...the 2003 series against the Nets went 6 games...they also lost Game 2...this loss put the series at 2-2 and there were a few ledge-jumpers out there.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-14-2007, 10:47 AM
If i was Portland I'd still turn down Oden for Melo.

and thats why your not a GM. Portland will be a lottery team for the next few years with or without Oden.......

picnroll
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM
and thats why your not a GM. Portland will be a lottery team for the next few years with or without Oden.......
... and Nuggets will never be a real contender with Melo as the franchise player. Portland has dreams with Oden. Denver has illusions with Melo.

phxspurfan
09-14-2007, 10:58 AM
... and Nuggets will never be a real contender with Melo as the franchise player. Portland has dreams with Oden. Denver has illusions with Melo.

Naw man, Melo will be really good in a couple years and a perrennial MVP candidate. Give him a couple complimentary players and a couple scorers and he's set to make a championship run.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-14-2007, 11:14 AM

:drunk The only thing they are dreaming about is Durant.......

Your disillusioned if you think Oden will ever have the same career as Melo. I feel sorry for Oden coz people overhyped him beyond a joke. He will never fulfill peoples expectations coz they were unrealistic to begin.

Whisky Dog
09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Oden is 19 and has fucked up cartiledge in his knee. He won't last at a high level of performance.

picnroll
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
:drunk The only thing they are dreaming about is Durant.......

Your disillusioned if you think Oden will ever have the same career as Melo. I feel sorry for Oden coz people overhyped him beyond a joke. He will never fulfill peoples expectations coz they were unrealistic to begin.
Real franchise players, not fugazzi franchise players, are two way players. Does Melo vaguely, remotely, in your wildest dreams remind you of a two way player?

Texas_Ranger
09-14-2007, 04:25 PM
No.

hsxvvd
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Lebron is to Jordan as Melo is to Dominique.

Last I checked, He never won a title.

Don't give me this rubbish about a supporting cast, he's got/had one. He's just not going to get it done.

timmy21_4rings
09-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Naw man, Melo will be really good in a couple years and a perrennial MVP candidate. Give him a couple complimentary players and a couple scorers and he's set to make a championship run.

What are you talking abt? AI, Camby, Nene not good enough? Do u want Kobe too?

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Oden was never going to be more than a 15 and 12 type guy anyway. His offensive game is sort of limited, he will most likely be like a Dikembe Mutumbo with a little less defense and slightly better offense.

Mister Sinister
09-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha...NO!

Johnny RIngo
09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
What are you talking abt? AI, Camby, Nene not good enough? Do u want Kobe too?

That's really all they have. A great starting lineup won't get you anywhere unless you have some reliable bench players to help with the perimeter D and knock down critical shots. Give the Nuggs some vets(guys like Finley, Barry, Bowen, etc) and they'd be a rich man's Phoenix S0ns. That's definately enough to challenge for a title.

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
No way do you definately trade Duncan for Oden. I can easily see Duncan still being better than Oden for years to come, even after he's on the downside of his career. I see Oden being nothing more than a 15 and 12 kind of guy, but with pretty good defense somewhere like 2-3 blocks per game. Nothing too special, especially not worth being a traitor to the guy that made your franchise what it is.

phxspurfan
09-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Oden is 19 and has fucked up cartiledge in his knee. He won't last at a high level of performance.

How sure is everyone that he is even 19? My guess is that in the end, it will be known that he had a false birth certificate.

wildbill2u
09-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Love your sig. I'd hit it...er, them...er...never mind. :smokin

Juggity
12-30-2012, 02:41 PM
We would not trade Oden for Duncan. Maybe LeBron, but it's debatable whether we would do that deal too.

:lmao :lol :lol

:lol at OP
:lol at tlong

I ran across this thread in a google search and it was too good not to bump

Arcadian
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM

Any thoughts?

Oden is among the worst #1 picks of all time...If you had asked about Durant, that would actually make sense. And the answer would still be a definitive no.

Brunodf
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
:lmao Great bump

Strategic
12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Maybe three years from now!

Gagnrath
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Honestly the trailblazers medical staff is the problem in my mind far more than the guys evaluating talent that got them Roy, Oden and Aldridge. That said I hope in the future that Oden can rehab himself into a halfway decent NBA career, though he won't ever fulfill number 1 overall potential.

SenorSpur
12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
C'mon man. What is the point in all this?

howbouthemspurs
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Fart no!

Mal
12-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Oden is among the worst #1 picks of all time...If you had asked about Durant, that would actually make sense. And the answer would still be a definitive no.

You cant be sure that Durant would stay healthy in Portland.

Rapper
12-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Yes of course

Why not ? Oden is the best PF of all time, best 5 players in the history of NBA

MANUNG-Ginobili
12-31-2012, 12:17 AM
nah!

Arcadian
12-31-2012, 04:22 AM
You cant be sure that Durant would stay healthy in Portland.

It's highly likely that he would. Oden already had a long history of injuries before his NBA career. In his one and only year of college ball, he sat out most of the season with a broken hand. He didn't even play one full season of college ball, and he was still picked first in the NBA draft - ridiculous, isn't it? I saw him play in the NCAA tournament that year. He was 19 years old, but he looked slow and old. I remember reading prospect reports on him and Durant; people were writing that Durant looked like an athletic beast ready to spring onto the scene, while Oden looked like a worn veteran - physically, not mentally. That wasn't a good sign. I think he even suffered severe injuries during his high school days. All of his injuries were unrelated but nagging. That clearly suggested that he was injury-prone, and there was no getting around it.

So yeah, Greg Oden was possibly the worst #1 pick in history. I knew it at the time, and I was shocked that so many people were defending him simply because he was a good shot blocker and played center. That alone is terrible reasoning, especially when Kevin Durant was clearly an upcoming superstar. And that was obvious too. I saw him play as a Longhorn, and he could play any position from shooting guard to center (in college). He was already an amazing spectacle in college. Portland just fucked up.

KaiRMD1
12-31-2012, 06:50 AM
I would if I was sampling some of that good ol' Methlohoma City air

dbreiden83080
12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/12/07/oden/greg-oden6.jpg

Thomas82
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
It's highly likely that he would. Oden already had a long history of injuries before his NBA career. In his one and only year of college ball, he sat out most of the season with a broken hand. He didn't even play one full season of college ball, and he was still picked first in the NBA draft - ridiculous, isn't it? I saw him play in the NCAA tournament that year. He was 19 years old, but he looked slow and old. I remember reading prospect reports on him and Durant; people were writing that Durant looked like an athletic beast ready to spring onto the scene, while Oden looked like a worn veteran - physically, not mentally. That wasn't a good sign. I think he even suffered severe injuries during his high school days. All of his injuries were unrelated but nagging. That clearly suggested that he was injury-prone, and there was no getting around it.

So yeah, Greg Oden was possibly the worst #1 pick in history. I knew it at the time, and I was shocked that so many people were defending him simply because he was a good shot blocker and played center. That alone is terrible reasoning, especially when Kevin Durant was clearly an upcoming superstar. And that was obvious too. I saw him play as a Longhorn, and he could play any position from shooting guard to center (in college). He was already an amazing spectacle in college. Portland just fucked up.

Actually, Larue Martin was the worst #1 pick ever....also a Blazer.

TampaDude
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.awesomehq.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/monstertruck-gravedigger.jpg

:lol