PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IF, WHAT IF duncan to orlando

spurscenter
06-10-2007, 06:40 AM
WHAT IF, WHAT IF

If Jason Kidd had signed with the San Antonio Spurs in 2003, life might be a lot different for Tony Parker.

And if, a few years before that, Tim Duncan had signed with the Orlando Magic? Life would be a lot different for the Spurs.

"It was probably a lot closer decision than people even think or even know," Duncan said of his near move to Florida. "But it's worked out the right way, to say the least, and I can't even go through all the factors that went into making the final decision to come back here."

Duncan, who won NBA titles with the Spurs in 1999, 2003 and 2005, mentioned one reason he stuck around, however.

"It was the people and the organization here at the Spurs that I was used to, and not only the players," he said. "Of course David (Robinson) was here, and that was great. ... But even beyond that, the staff, the coaches, guys I was comfortable with, guys I enjoyed being around is probably what swayed it in the end."

AlamoSpursFan
06-10-2007, 07:02 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70671

WalterBenitez
06-10-2007, 07:34 AM
TD to Orlando?

Orlando would be in FInals, what else?
Playing against Lakers with Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and that guy with #8 jersey :lmao