PDA

View Full Version : Which is more of a dynasty?

tim_duncan_fan
06-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Winning 3 championships in a row and then falling off completely or winning 4 over a span of 9 years and being continuously competitive?

Spurs16212
06-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Thats a good question.... I think if the Lakers would have kept their team intact... Like the Spurs they would have been competitive for years even to this day.... But I would have to say that the Spurs run to this day is incredible..... Winningist franchise since Tim Duncan came aboard.....

BlackFlagg
06-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Not sure.. I've actually thought about that. I think I'd rather have it spread around a bit, in spite of some disappointing seasons. It's exciting to be in the Finals again after almost a decade of same. I'd rather have that than remembering a dynasty that once was (i.e., Bulls, et al)

spurs1990
06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Lets call it what it really is - the Tim Duncan dynasty, pure and simple he is and will remain the constant during this run.

You could stretch the Dynastic period to include David Robinson's tenure, as that squad usually made it the 2nd round from 90-96.

To be sure, this 20 year run will never be replicated by this or any other NBA team.

ATXSPUR
06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Not sure...but if the Spurs win this one and another during the td era they will without a doubt be a bonafide dynasty.

stretch
06-10-2007, 02:15 PM
dont forget that the Lakers were already very competitive before they went on their title run, as well as a couple years afterwards. they were competitive/winning for a good 7-8 years or so as well, but unfortunately Kobe fucked everything up. if they were still together, they would still be a championship contending team (not neccesarily winning titles, but they would still be in the hunt). and dont forget, the Spurs still havent won their 4th yet. if they lose, they will be no better than the Lakers, because the Lakers lost their 4th chance in the finals as well. but repeating is a much harder feat than winning 3 in 7 years. they not only repeated, but 3-peated. the 2000-2002 Lakers 3-peat dynasty is definitely superior to the 1999*-2005 (possibly 2007) Spurs "dynasty", no question about it.

Fast Dunk
06-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Winning 3 straight is more impressive and better than winning in odd years...

The Spurs titles are not considered a dynasty.

Win this year and then at least defend it next year then we can talk dynasty..

Meanwhile..

NOPE!

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah, when you think about it, it's even more impressive than a simple dynasty.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 02:19 PM
but repeating is a much harder feat than winning 3 in 7 years.Who else has won three in seven?

tim_duncan_fan
06-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Well its a little harder to 3-peat without a loaded team.

The Spurs have had only one in-his-prime hall of famer over the last nine years.

And when you think about it do you really want your team to win three and then completely flame out (who cares why they flamed out, team chemistry is part of the game as well)?

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 02:27 PM
More specifically, which teams won three titles in seven years with only one player common to all three championship rosters?

I await mavcavsunfan's answer.

twentyone
06-10-2007, 02:27 PM
It's a dynasty no less. Not as recognizable as the Bulls 6 year run until after the entire run is looked at in retrospect. The fact that just about everyone in the media hates us and wants us to lose and claims we're killing the game of basketball - reminds me everyday that we are a dynasty. Surrounded of course by the biggest bunch of crybabies and bad attitude losers that think the wave of the future is a slam dunkathon flash fest. That itself is the true death to basketball, see modern day "Dream Teams" vs. anyone in the European leagues. Our days of winning olympic basketball are O-V-E-R.

Congrats to the crybabies and loser rooters though, looks like they will ultimately prevail as the years go on and basketball will become the WWE here in the US. Just wait until they start putting vaultolines in the floor at arena's and play flaming basketball sounds as guys launch from the half court to get a dunk.

duncan228
06-10-2007, 02:30 PM
More specifically, which teams won three titles in seven years with only one player common to all three championship rosters?

I await mavcavsunfan's answer.

:lmao

Spurs rock
06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
4 > 3

MadDog73
06-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Look, take away the first Laker Championship in 2000(TD was hurt), and you only have the Lakers beating the Spurs on the way to a Championship TWICE.

That's not a Dynasty. That's the Pistons or Rockets.

That said, I would like for the Spurs to repeat at least once this decade, then there can be no excuses.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Call it whatever you want, I'm enjoying it. :smokin

ClingingMars
06-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Remember, the Lakers Championship in 2000 has a * in it, Duncan was injured.

:rolleyes

4 > 3

-Mars

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM

I await mavcavsunfan's answer. Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 14 (5 members and 9 guests)
ChumpDumper, ImpartialObserver, Josh810, Fast Dunk, greenroom

tik-tock....

BlackFlagg
06-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Call it whatever you want, I'm enjoying it. :smokin

Yeah, I think that's the bottom line right there.

BigBeezie
06-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm more impressed with the Spurs. They have made the playoffs so many times that it just keeps getting better...

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 03:49 PM