PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets' Johnson charged with resisting arrest

Pistons < Spurs
06-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Denver Nuggets reserve forward DerMarr Johnson was charged with resisting arrest and interfering with police during a disturbance outside a nightclub. Police said they used a taser to calm the 6-foot-9 player.

"He apparently would not cooperate," police Lt. Randy Corbitt said.

Johnson and two women were arrested, booked and released early Saturday. The women were charged with disturbing the peace.

Dan Recht, Johnson's lawyer, said his client was breaking up a fight between the two women.

"There was a great deal of confusion and the police mistakenly believe he was interfering with them," Recht told The Denver Post. "However, we are confident when all the facts come out it will be clear that DerMarr is innocent and did nothing wrong."

Johnson, in his sixth season in the league, averaged 3.5 points and 1.5 rebounds in 10.7 minutes this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2899826

Leetonidas
06-10-2007, 04:23 PM
What the fuck is going on with the Nuggets lately??

Fillmoe
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
did the Nuggets front office somehow fool the team into thinking they are the Cincinnati Bengals?

Don Quixote
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Awesome! Where can I get one of those tasers?

I need a taser to calm down some of my neighbors, who apparently think my neighborhood is BET Block party.

If they want to act like that, you know, trying to break up a domestic disturbance between two angry women, then great, but do it in the projects, where it belongs.