PDA

View Full Version : One last thing before game 2...

O-Factor
06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I love the people who are trying to convince themselves that LeBron's teammates will turn into great players vs the Spurs. In case people don't know it, Spurs love turning other teams' role players into non factors, remember the series Leandro Barbosa, the NBA's 6th Man of the Year had vs San Antonio, remember the series Derek Fisher had vs the Spurs in the West Finals. And both Suns and Jazz are better than Cleveland so I don't know why people trying to convince themselves Gibson, Wild Hair, and Big Z are going to have big series' against the Spurs.

I’m hearing guys on Espn and SI talk about Ilgauskas's defense now, now that’s real funny. Every series the analysts give out names of guys who can’t stop Duncan but force him to take two or three more bad shots than he would take". In the first round they said "Nene is the best guy to defense Duncan, he's the only guy who can match Duncan" then Duncan abused him the rest of the series, they said "Kurt Thomas can't stop Duncan but can force Duncan into more bad shots than he would take" and Duncan abused him and now of all people they talking about Ilguaskas's defense now hahahaha. People want LeBron James to win so bad to further help their "next Jordan" argument.

Honestly no way in hell Cavs can beat the Spurs, their defense is just to good and don’t bring up some weak argument about how they played well vs. Detroit's defense because Pistons and Spurs play two completely different types of defense. The question is can the Cavs stop Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili, Spurs beat their behind yesterday and Manu Ginobili didn't even play like the Manu that we know he can play like. LeBron would need to score 50 a night for Cavs to have a chance to beat the Spurs because judging by the Spurs past dealing with other teams role players expect zero big games from Hughes, Gibson or any other Cavs role player.

Spider TX
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Is it really necessary to capitalize the first letter of every word?

Budkin
06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
The Cavs are hands down the worst team we've faced in these playoffs. That doesn't mean that they won't win a game or two, but if we play Spurs basketball like we know we can, then it will be over in 5.

td4mvp21
06-10-2007, 05:39 PM
The Cavs are hands down the worst team we've faced in these playoffs. That doesn't mean that they won't win a game or two, but if we play Spurs basketball like we know we can, then it will be over in 5.

I disagree. The toughest team was Phoenix, then Cavaliers, then Jazz, then Nuggets. The Cavaliers, despite what you or any other Spurs fan may want to admit, do have pretty good defense. There were times in the last game where we were shooting in the low 40% range. Plus, they have the best superstar and hardest to guard superstar we have faced so far in the playoffs.

duncan228
06-10-2007, 05:48 PM
The Cavs are tough, it would be stupid to underestimate them.

I expect the Cavs to play well enough, and the Spurs to play bad enough (mail it in) for the Cavs to win one, if not two games. But I believe the Spurs win the series, probably in 6. As has been said over and over, the Spurs are too experienced, and their defense too good for the Cavs to pull an upset. They understand what the Cavs are about and no one is better than Pop at in game and between game adjustments. As long as the Spurs stay focused they will win this.

And capital letters on every word is really hard to read when the post is that long.

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2007, 05:54 PM
And capital letters on every word is really hard to read when the post is that long.

It must be really hard to type that way.

I agree with the notion that it's not a good idea to discount the opponent at this level. If Lebron plays better -- and I'd think he most certainly will -- his teammates don't need to be world beaters or even great players to beat the Spurs. I'm not sure that Game 1 was as close as the final score indicated, but the Cavs left themselves plenty of room for improvement -- they give themselves a chance if their bigs get on the offensive glass and get some second chance opportunities; if Gibson continues to hit shots and create pressure on the defensive end; if they can find a way to slow down Parker at all; and if Lebron pulls some of his magic act out for public display again.

I like the Spurs' chances, but that's not because I'm discounting the Cavaliers.

O-Factor
06-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Is it really necessary to capitalize the first letter of every word?

I typed it in word and copied and pasted. But to answer your quesion whiny phoenix fan Yes.

O-Factor
06-10-2007, 06:00 PM

I agree, sorry about that...

O-Factor
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM

I agree, sorry about that...

player_twister
06-10-2007, 06:21 PM
"Is it really necessary to capitalize the first letter of every word?"

Did I miss something, or was it edited? I don't see anything wrong with this post.

Obstructed_View
06-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I disagree. The toughest team was Phoenix, then Cavaliers, then Jazz, then Nuggets. The Cavaliers, despite what you or any other Spurs fan may want to admit, do have pretty good defense. There were times in the last game where we were shooting in the low 40% range. Plus, they have the best superstar and hardest to guard superstar we have faced so far in the playoffs.
The Spurs had seven days off. When Jacque Vaughn has a better outside shooting percentage than anyone else on the team I think it's safe to say there's some rust involved.

SAGambler
06-10-2007, 07:27 PM
It must be really hard to type that way.

I agree with the notion that it's not a good idea to discount the opponent at this level. If Lebron plays better -- and I'd think he most certainly will -- his teammates don't need to be world beaters or even great players to beat the Spurs. I'm not sure that Game 1 was as close as the final score indicated, but the Cavs left themselves plenty of room for improvement -- they give themselves a chance if their bigs get on the offensive glass and get some second chance opportunities; if Gibson continues to hit shots and create pressure on the defensive end; if they can find a way to slow down Parker at all; and if Lebron pulls some of his magic act out for public display again.

I like the Spurs' chances, but that's not because I'm discounting the Cavaliers.

Man that is a whole bunch of "ifs", and you know what they say about "if".

Obstructed_View
06-10-2007, 11:48 PM
It's amazing how good professional basketball players suddenly get when you don't take them seriously. There's a great lesson in Appropriate Fear.